Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I call it like I SEE it.
Maybe you should see someone in a professional capacity. You really seem to have some frightening ideas.

People like you would do good to fear people like me. We represent the end of 1800s to 1960s thinking in America. An end of white supremacist bias in all things government. That should really scare the hell out of most trumpians, GOP propagandist, and fascist far right wingers.

You aren't even remotely scary. You just have ideas running about in your head that seem to keep you frightened. Fascists everywhere. Boooooooooooooooogy men. Boooo!

Yep. When your talking points and ideas are as stale as week old bread, just steal or parrot my lines to make a zinger. SMH, plagiarizing GOPers. Original thought a new concept to you? I bet you miss Tuckers walking talking instructions every night, huh? Your like a factory of sadness sad bro. Sorry you placed your faith in the party of homegrown terrorists and coups. But it is what it is and now, here’s your crow.

You can ask Vers and arch what coming at me will get ya. You’ve now been informed.

I didn't watch Tucker. I could not stand the sound of his voice, but look at thinking that is some sort of insult.

What have I been informed of? What are you going to do? Come beat me up? Yell "fascist" yet again. GOPer! You are not even remotely scary. But please, let me know the danger I am in. rolleyes

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sure you didn’t.

Your not in any ‘danger’. I’ll just blast you until you cry if you keep coming. And you will cry, just like all the other pea brains who took a shot. I regret taking it to those extremes, calling Vers out for a physical altercation… But not because it made me look bad, because he forced me to lower myself to his level. I don’t lose arguments over principles, hard to lose when you’re on the right side of history. There it is, all spelled out, now the ball is in your court. Best to put it in your pocket and take it home. I hate seeing men lose their balls. And I love drinking GOPer tears.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sure you didn’t.

Your not in any ‘danger’. I’ll just blast you until you cry if you keep coming. And you will cry, just like all the other pea brains who took a shot. I regret taking it to those extremes, calling Vers out for a physical altercation… But not because it made me look bad, because he forced me to lower myself to his level. I don’t lose arguments over principles, hard to lose when you’re on the right side of history. There it is, all spelled out, now the ball is in your court. Best to put it in your pocket and take it home. I hate seeing men lose their balls. And I love drinking GOPer tears.

"Sure you didn't" Really, come on man, you can do better than a second grade "sure you didn't". THAT is what I am supposed to be scared of? You will break out all your best elementary school jabs to make me cry? You mean with laughter right? Seriously?

Do you really believe the nonsense you just typed?

Legend
Legend
Dude. You are no where near the b/a you seem to think you are. Not here, not in your own front yard. You literally sound like a CHILD. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
Dude. You are no where near the b/a you seem to think you are. Not here, not in your own front yard. You literally sound like a CHILD. rofl

You’ve never been in my yard… or you would know. But I’m not saying I’m a BA, just better with the shots than all of them. I know you don’t get that, it’s a man thing.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Sure you didn’t.

Youre such a Karen lmao. Like the cartoon version of a Karen. When is your guest role on Sponge Bob.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE

You’ve never been in my yard… or you would know. But I’m not saying I’m a BA, just better with the shots than all of them. I know you don’t get that, it’s a man thing.

Shots of? Tequila? Whiskey? Rum? You gettin yer liquid courage on?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Sure you didn’t.

Youre such a Karen lmao. Like the cartoon version of a Karen. When is your guest role on Sponge Bob.

That’s pretty high praise from Queen Karen. Thanks. But why are you here? Bar closed for fumigation?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Sure you didn’t.

That’s pretty high praise from Queen Karen. Thanks. But why are you here? Bar closed for fumigation?

I smelled the drug fumes, followed them, and yep it lead to you.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
At least you recognize good weed when you smell it. maybe there is hope for you after all.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At least you recognize good weed when you smell it. maybe there is hope for you after all.

Does good weed make one paranoid? I've never smoked weed but that was one of those things they warned us about.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Does good weed make one paranoid? I've never smoked weed but that was one of those things they warned us about.

Have you read his posts?

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Have you read his posts?

No, they scare me.

Legend
Legend
Too bad they never warned you not to believe everything you hear and read in the press and on the internet.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Too bad they never warned you not to believe everything you hear and read in the press and on the internet.

Oh yeah, I am the one with a bad case of groupthink. rolleyes

O
Legend
Legend
O

It could. Depends more on the person than the weed. Weed hasn’t made me paranoid since I was young. Smoked my first at 12. Weed really does nothing to me other than give me a buzz and take away some neuropathy pain. And if I ever truly lose it, it will be that pain or the orchestra of crickets I hear 24/7 with tinitus. But the amounts of THC I consume to do that with my tolerance, would bury most non smokers in paranoia and dread. I use about 400-600 mg a day minimum. Average joint is about 20-30 mg.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/18/23 08:04 PM.
Legend
Legend

Yep, exactly. You said it.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O

Have you read his posts?

Touché, at least he can read. I’ve missed you lately Eve. Miss our exchanges. You’re about the only GOPer on the board that can take the shots without all my posts disappearing or getting banned. And sober, you give as good as you take.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/18/23 08:16 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry I havent been around much. Still lurking but been focusing on work. My business has been taking a hit due to the economy. So just doing research and strategy planning. I havent been drinking much either. My bloodwork has been bad so gotta make some lifestyle changes. Miss our arguments too. Im sure there will be more as the election rolls around lol

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Yep, exactly. You said it.

And I eyerolled too, so that should help you understand the sarcasm without it being all purple like. It won't but it should.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Sorry I havent been around much. Still lurking but been focusing on work. My business has been taking a hit due to the economy. So just doing research and strategy planning. I havent been drinking much either. My bloodwork has been bad so gotta make some lifestyle changes. Miss our arguments too. Im sure there will be more as the election rolls around lol

I have been on about two or three hours total the last three months. My life has been upside down dealing with health issues and looking for a new house closer to our kids. that housing market issue is real, trust me. Have put in 4 offers now, all 20K over asking, and still getting beat out. I refuse to go any higher.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Oh wow, I wouldnt want to be buying a house in this market right now. You gotta compete against those house buying companies on top of everything else. Good luck with that. Hope you feel better soon.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Thanks for the well wishes. I’m feeling better now, but I’m getting a pet scan on the 30th. At least that’s what I think it’s called. They are checking full body for cancer. Bladder doc saw a 1cm x .9cm lymph node in my pelvis and wrote it off as swelling. I pressed the issue because pain levels shot up last August/September and haven’t subsided much. If that’s clear, the pain is probably diabetes related nerve damage which I will have to learn to live with. Other than all of that, I’m fit as a fiddle and ready to step into the octagon…

And the housing situation is real. Four offers in now, all 20K over asking and still getting outbid. Interest is crazy high, but my wife and kids need the peace of mind of having us close. If I had my way, we’d stay put. But prices won’t get better any time soon and will be higher a year from now, so we’re taking the plunge, again. Good thing is we have enough extra to put down that it takes a lot of the sting out. And she plans to live with our daughter when I’m gone, so she’ll cash out then and have plenty to live on with a nice cushion. I heard all the market woes before we decided this, but had no clue how bad it was. We even looked at renting until we could find a place we felt good about. That’s worse than buying. And the corps have stripped all personalization out of the process and made buying or renting like winning an auction. It’s disgusting what we’ve become when it comes to housing. We’ve been here almost 14 years, so we were clueless about those changes.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm praying for you that you are cancer free and they can fix your pain. Maybe just remove the lymph node.

The housing around here is nutty too. Im not trying to move, and those house buying companies keep calling and texting me. I tell them to leave me alone and they wont stop. I have no intention of moving until I'm elderly and cant handle the stairs any longer. So hopefully not for a good long time. Then I'll get a condo. Have you thought about a condo? A lot less work to maintain in your golden years.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
We considered a condo, but I’m not ready to pass on or get rid of my wood shop tools yet. Then there is 30+ years of accumulated crap to sort. Nah, move it, and let the kids sort that when I’m gone. And I really don’t like neighbors up my ass. Our last couple houses spoiled me with space and distance. I’m a country boy at heart and haven’t found any condos on an acre or more with neighbors at least 50 yards away. Not around here anyway. They are all like high end apartments. Hard pass.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Oh yeah, I am the one with a bad case of groupthink.

I thought you would never recognize that. At least that's a sign of hope and progress.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I thought you would never recognize that. At least that's a sign of hope and progress.

It's sad you need the purple crutch to understand sarcasm.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So you're now accusing me of exactly what you just did? Obviously you needed purple as well.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend

It's sad you need the purple crutch to understand sarcasm.

rofl that’s so sad all I can do is rofl

– Jackie Robinson
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Are we at the find out stage yet?

By KATIE RICE | krice@orlandosentinel.com and SKYLER SWISHER | sswisher@orlandosentinel.com | Orlando Sentinel
PUBLISHED: May 18, 2023 at 3:13 p.m. | UPDATED: May 19, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
Amid its political feud with Gov. Ron DeSantis, Disney is dropping plans to build a nearly $1 billion corporate campus in Orlando’s Lake Nona neighborhood that would have brought 2,000 high-paying jobs to Central Florida.

In 2021, Disney paid $46.4 million for 58 acres that it planned to turn into a complex for its creative team, Imagineering, and other jobs. The average salary of the positions was cited as $120,000.

But in a memo to employees Thursday, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro attributed the project’s cancellation to “changing business conditions,” without mentioning The Walt Disney Co.’s escalating battle with the governor.

“Given the considerable changes that have occurred since the announcement of this project, including new leadership and changing business conditions, we have decided not to move forward with construction of the campus. This was not an easy decision to make, but I believe it is the right one,” his message read.

D’Amaro said he has “hope” the company’s plans to invest $17 billion in Florida over the next 10 years, including the addition of around 13,000 jobs, would still happen. Disney currently employs more than 75,000 people in the state.

Disney’s decision drew a swift reaction from Democrats who have criticized DeSantis’ culture war agenda as creating a hostile environment for business.

“Governor Ron DeSantis is a job killing moron who cares more about his own political ambitions and culture wars than Florida and our future,” said state Rep. Anna Eskamani, D-Orlando, in a statement. “According to him, ‘woke makes you go broke’ but this is another example of how it’s actually the complete opposite. DeSantis is not who you want for President — ever.”

A spokesman for the governor’s office called the move “unsurprising.”

“Given the company’s financial straits, falling market cap and declining stock price, it is unsurprising that they would restructure their business operations and cancel unsuccessful ventures,” Jeremy Redfern said.

Disney met Wall Street projections during its most recent earnings call last week, with strong results at its theme parks offsetting streaming losses at Disney+. The division including its theme parks reported $7.7 billion in revenue during its most recent quarter, a $1.1 billion increase from the same period in 2022.

Still, Disney is in the midst of cutting 7,000 jobs company-wide as CEO Bob Iger and other executives look to slice a total of $5.5 billion in costs. Disney’s stock closed 99 cents higher on Thursday, at $93.76.

Iger has slammed DeSantis for his “anti-business” policies in recent months, saying the governor is retaliating against Disney for exercising its protected freedom of speech.

Despite the feud, Iger said in April Disney still plans to invest $17 billion in Disney World and create 13,000 jobs over the next 10 years.

RELATED ARTICLES
Disney asks court to dismiss DeSantis district’s lawsuit
PODCAST: Disney vs. DeSantis — What you need to know (Ep. 189)
DeSantis signs bill to void Disney’s deal with Reedy Creek
Disney’s Reedy Creek deal violated state law, attorneys for DeSantis board say
Disney shutting down Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
“We operate responsibly, we pay our fair share in taxes, we employ thousands of people — and by the way, we pay them substantially above the minimum wage dictated by the state of Florida,” he said last week. “… Does the state want us to invest more, employ more people, and pay more taxes, or not?”

Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings called Disney’s decision “unfortunate.”

“However, these are the consequences when there isn’t an inclusive and collaborative work environment between the state of Florida and the business community,” he said in a statement. “We will continue to work closely with our valued partners at Disney.”

Lake Nona project developer Tavistock referred comment to Disney Thursday.

Throughout 2021, Disney gradually informed affected employees if their jobs were part of the relocation. Some employees chose to leave the company instead of moving cross-country, from California to Florida, and some had reportedly already made the move.

Though the campus’ opening was initially targeted for December 2022, Disney pushed that to 2026 in June to “give people more time” and accommodate the construction timeline for the new offices.

D’Amaro’s Thursday memo said Disney will not ask the remaining employees to relocate to Florida.

“For those who have already moved, we will talk to you individually about your situation, including the possibility of moving you back,” his memo read.

Disney was slated to receive over half a billion dollars in state tax breaks over 20 years for the project, one of the largest tax breaks in state history for a single corporation.

What might happen to the Lake Nona land if Disney decides to sell it?

“My opinion is, no matter who’s selling it, there will be no shortage of demand,” said Andy Slowick, director of land sales at Cushman & Wakefield. “It’s going to look different than what Disney had planned. But Lake Nona is always one of the first submarkets that every developer or user that is exploring Orlando wants to tour when in town.”

DeSantis and Disney first clashed last year over the Parental Rights in Education Law, which critics call “don’t say gay.” That law limits classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in schools.

Disney paused its political giving in Florida and vowed to work to repeal the law. DeSantis blasted the entertainment giant as a “woke” corporation.

As the battle escalated, DeSantis’ allies in the Florida Legislature overhauled the special district Disney used to effectively self-govern its theme parks and resorts in Central Florida.

Lawmakers put DeSantis in charge of appointing board members for the district, ending Disney’s ability to elect the members.

Disney responded with a federal lawsuit accusing DeSantis and other state officials of engaging in a “targeted campaign of government retaliation.”

The DeSantis-appointed Central Florida Tourism Oversight District’s board then countersued.

Disney analyst Len Testa said he was unsurprised by the announcement since he doubted Disney would follow through with relocating all 2,000 jobs to Lake Nona.

Testa, who runs vacation planning site Touring Plans, said his conversations with Imagineers revealed three key concerns about the Florida move: high housing costs, leaving family behind and a different political climate.

“The financial stuff was by far the number one concern of most Imagineers,” he said. “But it did come up very often in conversations that I had with Imagineers about moving: ‘Why would I want to move there?'”

Since Disney is offering to bring workers back to California, Testa wonders if it will also be willing to rehire those who left the company to avoid reassignment. Disney is going to need these workers with the $17 billion planned expansion, he said.

“I would not be surprised if this happened sooner rather than later: you might see some former Imagineers coming back to the company if it’s in Glendale,” Testa said.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/202...-drops-1-billion-lake-nona-campus-plans/

Legend
Legend
Lol I really don’t think NC can supply enough hospitality and employees, not to mention the winter weather. Worth the threat though. DeStupid may change his tune.

NC already has Carowinds. They don't need another theme park.

I live in Ohio, I've never heard of Carowinds until I read your post.. EVERYONE has heard of Disney World. No comparison.. None

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Lol I really don’t think NC can supply enough hospitality and employees, not to mention the winter weather. Worth the threat though. DeStupid may change his tune.

I live in Ohio, I've never heard of Carowinds until I read your post.. EVERYONE has heard of Disney World. No comparison.. None

It was a joke I made a month ago for goodness sake.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

It was a joke I made a month ago for goodness sake.

A joke? Thanks for the clarification bro. Lol

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A joke? Thanks for the clarification bro. Lol

Some people take everything too seriously.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Speaking of the DeSantis "anti woke agenda"........

Amanda Gorman says her inaugural poem has been banned by Miami-Dade school

American poet Amanda Gorman said Tuesday that the poem she recited during President Biden’s inauguration has been banned by a school in Florida’s Miami-Dade County.

“I’m gutted. Because of one’s parent’s complaint, my inaugural poem, The Hill We Climb, has been banned from an elementary school in Miami-Dade County, Florida,” Gorman said in a statement posted to Twitter.

Gorman noted in her statement that, while not new, book bans have been on the rise in recent years. The American Library Association found nearly 2,600 titles were targeted for censorship in 2022, an increase of almost 40 percent from the previous year.

“What’s more, often all it takes to remove these works from our libraries and schools is a single objection,” Gorman said.

“And let’s be clear: most of the forbidden works are by authors who have struggled for generations to get on bookshelves,” Gorman said. “The majority of these censored works are by queer and non-white voices.”

Gorman also said the reason she wrote “The Hill We Climb” was to give young people the chance to see “themselves in a historical moment,” adding that her publisher, Penguin Random House, has joined nonprofit organization PEN America in a lawsuit in Florida’s Escambia County to challenge book restrictions and bans.

“Together, this is a hill we won’t just climb, but a hill we will conquer,” Gorman concluded.

In a statement to The Hill, Miami-Dade County Public Schools said that “no literature (books or poem) has been banned or removed,” adding that Gorman’s poem is better suited for middle school readers and that the poem has been shelved in the middle school section of the school’s media center.

Last month, Bob Graham Education Center, a K-8 school in Miami-Dade County, issued restrictions last month for elementary-aged students on Gorman’s poem and three books after a parent objected to five titles, claiming that the titles included topics that were inappropriate for students and should be removed from the environment, according to the Miami Herald.

“We are deeply disappointed that the Bob Graham Education Center has determined that elementary schoolers should not have access to Amanda Gorman’s beautiful poem in their library,” a spokesperson for the Florida Freedom to Read Project said in a statement to The Hill.

“Without any clear guidance from the [Florida Department of Education] on what is meant by ‘age appropriate’ information on racism, discrimination, and other topics guarded by HB7 (the Stop W.O.K.E Act), we continue to see educators and district leaders ‘err on the side of caution’ and restrict these library books from the authors’ intended audiences,” the spokesperson added. “It is a complete disservice to our young learners that connect with these stories, seek out historical information beyond what’s offered in the classroom, or those that happen to be advanced readers.”

Florida has been at the epicenter of educational controversies as its state Legislature, along with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), has pushed legislation to limit material and curriculum taught in schools.

In January, DeSantis’s administration rejected an Advanced Placement African American Studies course, saying the content “significantly lacks educational value.” DeSantis also signed last year the Parental Rights in Education, dubbed by its critics as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, banning classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity for certain grades.

The NAACP issued a formal travel advisory for Florida on Saturday, saying the state has become “hostile to Black Americans” under DeSantis’s leadership.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...VdnurtgM4ll_jlN5Xd1sskikQYkNvz-cYP5HSQyo

"And a little child shall lead them.”

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Florida schools now must teach the Ocoee Election Day Massacre. Here’s why that matters.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...e-heres-why-that-matters/?outputType=amp

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's a good thing but I'm not sure how that erases his banning the teaching of black history and his anti- LGBTQ agenda in Florida schools.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just adding a bit of perspective. It’s also state law to teach slavery in Florida as well. He doesn’t want CRT taught in schools, not black history.

We have been down to is road before on the anti gay stuff. I will say that your article says the school district has that poem in their middle school library. I don’t know the poem but the school district believed it is better suited for an older crowd. They may feel pressure from the state legislature to remove it from the elementary school. They also could have pulled it because a single parent complained. It would not be the first time a school has done this.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That's a good thing but I'm not sure how that erases his banning the teaching of black history and his anti- LGBTQ agenda in Florida schools.

Please explain how DeSantis has banned the teaching of Black History.

#fakenews

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus DeSantis Attack On disney Continues

Link Copied to Clipboard