Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mueller forgot to mention the best of them all ... Shelby Harris.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I wonder if Jarvis Landry has Baltimore in his sights now that the BFF, OBJ, is there? He is still looking for a job.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
We'll see how it pans out. I can't wait. Want to put a small bet on Baker? If he is the starter all season, I bet he will take them into the playoffs. Under those conditions, he must start all season and then we bet on if he gets them into the playoffs; straight bet I say he does, you say he doesn't, loser donates $100 to Purp for DT. With your money and cockiness, this should be an easy yes.

Neither of us pay if he misses games due to injury. But, if he get benched again, you lose. Let me know.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Do not follow them close enough to know about the coaching, system, or team to take that bet. My offer stands. Take it or leave it.

For all I know, they will draft a QB too, and I'm already taking the most significant risk. Just put your money where your mouth is.

And if neither of us wins, oh well.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/16/23 09:16 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Baker's situation in Tampa is an unknown. Tampa is my second team, since I'm in south Florida.

The OC Leftwych was let go, so it's a new OC, Dave Canales, Seattles QB Coach is the NEW OC. He did wonders with Geno Smith, but he was not the OC.

Bowles I think is too conservative and indecisive on game day, and sometimes panics instead of maintaining the game plan. He got bailed out a lot by Brady last year, and I'm convinced many games Brady just took things over from Leftwych.

How will baker do there? That's tough, Good receives and TE's, but the running game is suspect and was much of their problem last year IMO, forcing Tom to have to throw more with D's playing pass more.
The Oline was quite disheveled last year as well. Both guards from previous year were gone, and then C Ryan Jenson got injured in training camp and was out all year, as well as his replacement in week 4 preseason. Replacement LG also saw injury in preseason and was out for some time. And it just was shuffling around all year after that.

Jensen is back and the others have some game time now, so it should be improved. Evans is always a threat, he bailed Manziel out so much back in Texas and will be an asset for Baker.

TE Otton really showed promise last year.

I think the D lost a couple steps last year, but were still good. Devin White wanted to be traded isn't good. Barrett should be ready by start of the season, so the D should be decent. Probably better than most of the D's Baker played with in Cleveland.

So, IMO, they're is an opportunity for Baker to do well here, some things definitely have to fall in place though.

NFC South is not a tough division to win, but Carr in NO makes it a little more difficult, and Atlanta with Ridder is an unknown as well as Carolina who most likely are drafting a new QB.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Baker Mayfield had a small window where he shined.
Now it's closed. 31 teams passed him as a backup this year.
Not even proven HCs who have brilliant track records
Molding QBs like Reid , Daboll passed on Baker NoField
He is now fighting for a QB spot with Kyle Trask who
Is a bad pre season away from playing with the Seattle SeaDragons
Next year. Mayfield fooled alot of Browns fans.
Any team that brings on Baker is in tank mode.not win mode.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I wonder if Hunt would be a good fit with Tampa? It would be his last chance to revive his career.

Vers thanks for having a convo about Baker without just slamming him.

stripper you got a real problem your hatred towards a player is just off the charts.

I hope he gets a chance to play and first he has to grow his confidence again. If so he will become and excellent QB and will win games.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by eotab
I wonder if Hunt would be a good fit with Tampa? It would be his last chance to revive his career.

Vers thanks for having a convo about Baker without just slamming him.

stripper you got a real problem your hatred towards a player is just off the charts.

I hope he gets a chance to play and first he has to grow his confidence again. If so he will become and excellent QB and will win games.

jmho

Hey Eo.

You were the first poster to respond to me when I first joined this place ages ago. We have had a lot of discussion, some in agreement, some in disagreement, but I love ya and hope all is well my friend.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: GMdawg, Jester
E
Legend
Legend
E
I wish we could have played some golf and drink some special wines. grin
Love ya too Peen, Brown fans are the best.
Doctors got me in the NFL... not for long bracket. I cant walk, drive my wife keeps me alive but all I do is exist. Working out hard every chance I get.

I'm going to go golfing one more time and force myself to play. I always said I want to die on the golf course or in bed after making love to my wife. naughtydevil Heart is very weak and I gasp for air after doing simple things even though I have Oxygen 24/7. Going to coach some youth football helping out some former players who are coaching their kids.
Take care of yourself looking forward to get in the playoffs and go far!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

4 members like this: mac, jfanent, mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
Yep. You will be able to do all of that. You better! You don't want me getting on your ass!

Seriously man...I appreciate the conversations. I look forward to more.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
One of the most popular posters on the board man. There is a lot of love and good karma being sent your way I'm certain. I remember the last round of golf with my dad, so if you make it out there it'll be sure to be a very special event for everyone with you. Keep on keeping on man.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
EO...I hit the 'like' button...then I questioned myself why I did that..?

While I like you as a Browns fan and love you as a fellow DawgTalker for all these years...there is not much for me to like about what you are dealing with, health-wise.

The 'like' is for you, a long time, fellow member of DawgTalker who has waited a long time for Browns success.

EO, you keep up the battle and don't stop fighting...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
I am definitely praying for you tab.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Love and prayers, Eo. I don't golf, but whatever gives you what you need. No magic elf dust, my man, but keep fighting the best fight. I am pulling for you, along with these DT friends. One of my favorite poems comes to mind entitled "Invictus." You sound like it to me, and there is much in it to admire. Don't weaken, friend.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
As others have said and as an echo of what I've previously posted, my prayers are with you. In the grand scheme of things there's nothing within my power but to support you, prayer for you and think of you having all the best wishes in mind for you. That much I can and will do. I hope you accomplish all of the things you desire.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Same goes for me, Tabber. Go out and kick butt.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
On the lighter side…….my FA dream goes like this….

https://imgur.com/gallery/nBdz5nN

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 04/21/23 08:51 AM.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Prayers up Tab

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by mgh888
One of the most popular posters on the board man. There is a lot of love and good karma being sent your way I'm certain. I remember the last round of golf with my dad, so if you make it out there it'll be sure to be a very special event for everyone with you. Keep on keeping on man.

I'm trying so hard. My goal is September 7th as its my church tournament - Scramble so if I have to take off a hole or two so be it.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

1 member likes this: GMdawg
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This was one of the guys I had my eyes on for the Browns.

Hmmm.......tweet isn't showing up. Anyway, DT Poona Ford from Seattle was signed by the Bills.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 05/03/23 08:31 AM.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Jets are loading up. Another good team to now have to deal with in the AFC. We could have the best team in talent since the mid to late 80's and miss the playoffs. Just our luck.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Browns sign veteran safety Rodney McLeod

Cleveland brings a player familiar with defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz’s defense to the roster.

The Cleveland Browns added some veteran depth to the defensive side of the ball on Thursday with the signing of safety Rodney McLeod.

An 11-year veteran, McLeod is familiar with defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz from their time together with the Philadelphia Eagles from 2016 to 2021. Having played both strong and free safety in his career, McLeod will likely serve as the primary backup for starters Grant Delpit and Juan Thornhill.

McLeod entered the league in 2012 with the St. Louis Rams, where he spent four seasons before moving to the Eagles as a free agent in 2016. In six seasons with the Eagles, McLeod made 75 starts and had 11 interceptions, 34 passes defended and two sacks.

He also started five playoff games with Philadelphia, including all three in the Eagles’ Super Bowl-winning season of 2017, so he brings some valuable experience to a defensive secondary that is predominately filled with younger players.

McLeod spent last season with the Indianapolis Colts, playing all 17 games and making 15 starts, finishing with two interceptions, eight passes defended, and 96 tackles. While he only spent one season with the Colts, McLeod was named the team’s most-improved player by Pro Football Focus after improving his overall defensive grade by 15.3 points from his final season with the Eagles:

McLeod has always been a more-than-serviceable safety in the NFL, but his first season with the Colts, his 11th overall, wound up as his best ever in terms of PFF grade (80.1). He missed just 7.4% of the tackles he attempted, another career-best, and made a career-high 28 tackles resulting in a defensive stop.

All told, McLeod has played in 156 games, making 138 starts, and has 18 interceptions, 11 forced fumbles and 689 tackles.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/...CfRkv2cVqo4cATcfzjh4J11j3uOg2KCEfkcY9IrI

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
IMO, Schwartz and Berry are working together to acquire the talent Schwartz needs to improve the defensive performance this season....again, jmho

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah I think you are correct. I guess what it addresses is some of the noise people were making about addressing the S position in the draft for me. Firstly, if you're going to invest 230 million guaranteed in a QB it makes sense to invest in a WR. Tillman brings a type of WR in strength and size the browns were lacking. IMO some of the younger WR's on this team are being grossly overvalued by the fan base. My guess is that this FO and coaching staff agree, when we see the signing of both FA's and a third round pick at the position.

When you get to the fourth round and beyond, my question in the draft forum at the time was who they thought could be drafted at that point in the draft who would be a major contributor right away at the S position when people started carrying on about neglecting the position?

You see, sometimes when people use a microscope rather than a telescope it restricts their vision. The draft wasn't the only avenue to address help at the S position. Once you get to the fourth round, a FO and coaching staff has to ask themselves if it would be the best solution to draft a player at the position than it would be to sign one of the available FA's still left at the position. Sure they could do both but that won't address an impact now. And if you need an immediate impact at the position more times than not you'll find that in free agency than the draft once the draft is that far along.

And then there are June 1st cuts. So often times they can see better solutions elsewhere other than a fourth, fifth or beyond draft pick.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: lampdogg, WSU Willie
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Spot on. I think you can get away with drafting for need in the first and second rounds..maybe even the early 3rd. But starting in the 3rd Rd you should be looking at BPA regardless of need. JMO.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac
IMO, Schwartz and Berry are working together to acquire the talent Schwartz needs to improve the defensive performance this season....again, jmho
They better be wink

Joe Thomas #73
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/C. This is nice signing. Being familiar with new D and a ton of success for the young guys to learn something. This is better than anything we could have acquired via the draft with our limited picks. Great ADD to that room. Good job Mr Berry. Go Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M

Good depth signing on an already potent offense.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Spot on. I think you can get away with drafting for need in the first and second rounds..maybe even the early 3rd. But starting in the 3rd Rd you should be looking at BPA regardless of need. JMO.

I agree for the most part. I might say even by the mid 2nd you should look for BPA, but that is picking nits. Each draft is different.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M
Legend
Legend
M
Likely want a $10m fund in season for:
Practice Squad
Player 52 & 53
IR Replacements

This could very well be the case. Also, I forget the exact rules, but also carrying over cap for next year is never a bad thing either.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Likely want a $10m fund in season for:
Practice Squad
Player 52 & 53
IR Replacements

This could very well be the case. Also, I forget the exact rules, but also carrying over cap for next year is never a bad thing either.

Having a little money in the bank for that rainy day is never a bad move.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2 members like this: tru_dawgs, FATE
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

With Dalvin Cook being released...I actually wouldn't mind bringing him in for a visit vs Hopkins (more of a need, versus another WR...and luckily RBs demands are more cheaper versus WR)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hmmm, Cook released after 4 straight Pro Bowls and they only player in the NFL to rush for 1,100-plus yards in each of those 4 seasons and only 27 years of age. The Vikings say it's a money thing, but he was due only 10.4 million in base pay this season, 11.9M in 2024 and 12.9M in 2025. Chubb is 28,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-to-release-rb-dalvin-cook-after-six-seasons

Also taking calls on Hunter.

I would rather sign either guy over Hopkins.

Friday will be an interesting day.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency [cont.]

Link Copied to Clipboard