Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
This "bust" doesn't remind me of Schwartz so much, but more like Callaway or Gordon (I know Gordon wasn't a bust on the field). WE took a third-round gamble on Calloway and a second (supplemental) on Grodon. But those guys seemed to have major question marks coming out of college regarding possible legal and playing effort issues.

Legend
Legend
I can agree, Peen. We need to add more to hedge our bets. I won'y miss Winfrey; he is a flyer who failed. It was a risky gamble, but it is over. This kind of roster triage is a necessity. First, stop the bleeding. Getting rid of numbskulls who insist on failure as a lifestyle despite chances should be gone. When I think back on somme of the injury & illness plagues we have had, we need insurance to cover up a weak spot and still be able to compete.

PW was a liability with no change in sight; his trend was a downward spiral. We won't miss his production much and his headaches even less. .02

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
with the signing of Watson, it's a safe bet that we don't value character haha

But I agree, especially with the fringe type guys

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
I can agree, Peen. We need to add more to hedge our bets. I won'y miss Winfrey; he is a flyer who failed. It was a risky gamble, but it is over. This kind of roster triage is a necessity. First, stop the bleeding. Getting rid of numbskulls who insist on failure as a lifestyle despite chances should be gone. When I think back on somme of the injury & illness plagues we have had, we need insurance to cover up a weak spot and still be able to compete.

PW was a liability with no change in sight; his trend was a downward spiral. We won't miss his production much and his headaches even less. .02

Indeed.

I don't even think it was that much of a gamble. He was a 4th rounder. The reality is most of those guys don't amount to much. I would call it a calculated risk. We knew the guy had issues, but also felt he had the potential be the value of a 2nd rounder.

When you toss the bones, sometimes you crap out.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Indeed, indeed.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Man charged in Cleveland mass shooting stole gun from woman who accused ex-Browns player Perrion Winfrey, police reports say

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2023...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

That's quite the headline.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that's unbelievable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Maybe a couple of them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Release DT Perrion Winfrey

Link Copied to Clipboard