Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Great game. Complete game.
I don't know if the Titans D was just incompetent or if our O was so good there was nothing they could do. Either way, Our O looked like they are supposed to look. Watson kinda looked like a $230 Million QB

Our D is Legit.. No way around it. They are for real!

What the hell was that backward pass by Watson.. .Geez...

And the Ref, standing right there next to Cooper when he hauled that pass in and ran up the sideline. Could he not tell that Cooper didn't go out of bounds?

For not being with the team for 5 or 6 months, Hunt sure looked like himself.

All in all, this was a great win. Good job

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I also say that you could subtly tell that we were missing Newsome. We were one CB short of full strength ... hopefully he's back

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Remember when Watson through that TD pass to Ford and the CBS graphic showed Takitaki's name and face for the TD?
I feel like I mist the play, but not the intent of your post. 🤣

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Defense has only given up 18 points through three games!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
we have two big tests the next two games ... BAL and SF. Then a trip to Indy and Seattle, which are decent offensive teams at home. Big upcoming schedule

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Great article and breakdown by Jake Burns on Ford's TD reception...

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...-ford-touchdown-catch-216856323/#2251973

3 members like this: Swish, FATE, mgh888
Legend
Legend
love that stuff

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Forgot one thing...I think Garrett was held on every single sack with no calls.

I saw on holding call on him.

None the less, a good game.

The O looked like it had some life and the D played great.

The cautionary note is Tennessee isn't very good this year. Basically they have DT Jeffery Simmons on D and Derrick Henry on O. Simmons caused some problems. Henry was bottled up for the most part. I think he broke 1 run for about 20 yards. That isn't bad against that guy, but his line isn't very good.

It was exciting at the stadium. The crowd was in to the game and the team did what it was supposed to do.

Watson played a good game. Some may say wait and see, and I get it, but credit due where deserved.

Big game next week, especially after the Ravens loss.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
24th of September, Browns win by 24 for Number 24, Chubb

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DaveyD

I don't think that was the plan, but interesting none the less.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Henry was bottled up for the most part. I think he broke 1 run for about 20 yards. That isn't bad against that guy, but his line isn't very good.

Henry had a long run of 9 yards today. Finished today with 11 carries for 20 yards.

That Browns defense had to be a lot of fun to watch in person today. thumbsup

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
- We arguably have the best D in the NFL.
We have given up 32 points. 20 of those either our D wasn't even on the field or they scored without giving up a first down.

Our defense is responsible for giving up 12 points in 3 games.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Henry was bottled up for the most part. I think he broke 1 run for about 20 yards. That isn't bad against that guy, but his line isn't very good.

Henry had a long run of 9 yards today. Finished today with 11 carries for 20 yards.

That Browns defense had to be a lot of fun to watch in person today. thumbsup

Cool. I wasn't looking at the stats. Just game recollection, and when in person you don't always get the correct player or excact yardage.

No matter, it was an impressive performance.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Our Defense has beaten 2 of 3 teams into submission so bad that one Team's backup QB was playing in the 4th quarter.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Cheers: Love Wyatt Teller's reaction when discussing the defense's performance.

Jeers: JDubs bringing his rugrats into the locker room for the postgame celebration.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

I don't think that was the plan, but interesting none the less.

It wasn't the plan but it definitely was the final result.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Weird first 3 games.
Losing Nick is devastating, and for the first time I feel for the player more than the season, as a fan.
It's the Browns. And Browns gonna brown. But for now, damn.
Can't believe the D and I kinda knew Watson had this kinda performance in him.

Legend
Legend
Our Defense has beaten 2 of 3 teams into submission so bad that one Team's backup QB was playing in the 4th quarter.

...and today, OUR backup QB finished the game for the home team.

I said to My Wife: "Honey- look at the stands. When we watch a Browns home game that looks this empty in the 4th qtr, the score is usually reversed."

Clemdawg's 3 & out:

1. Watson is still most comfortable when he runs the O from the shotgun. He needs to see the play develop at the snap. His reads and anticipation are much better when he doesn't turn his back to the field of play. Play-action will only work if he's playing with the lead, and the oppo D has been softened with the quick-hit short passing game.

2. Schwartz's D: you can't run on us, you can't pass on us, and you can't score points on us. (I told Dawgs pre-season that this D would be fun to watch.)

JJ Watt
@JJWatt
Browns defense with a dominant day.

Holding an NFL team to 94 total yards of offense is incredible.

Jim Schwartz has those boys hummin’.
Myles with 3.5.

Very impressive performance from the Cleveland defense.
4:07 PM · Sep 24, 2023
·
Views

3. This team can win any/every game on its schedule this year. Yes, even without Nick Chubb. Fans should expect/demand it. And more importantly, this team should expect/demand it of themselves- and play like it. They are 1-1 within the division, with a chance to go 2-1 next week, v. BAL. They are now 1-0 v. Every one knew that this first qtr of the season was going to be a gauntlet slapped across CLE's face. We all knew that CLE's future hung upon how well they weathered this early schedule. These Dawgs actually have a chance to set the AFCN power dynamics with a win v. BAL. Elves are >.500 after 3 games, and exactly .500 in the division. A win over BAL would be huge, going forward.

Elves can establish themselves as True Contenders, but they must do it every single week. No weeks are more important than divisional weeks.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Great and fun game to watch - probably the most complete win I can remember.

The team was coached well on both sides of the ball and executed.
QB play was stellar.
Running game without Chubb was working against a good D - even if it took a little while to get going.
I said week 1 that Ford impressed me with some of the things he did - he might not be the work horse and I might not want to give him 25 touches a game but he's good enough. Probably better than that. Hunt showed some of that drive and fight. I think we can run with that pair for the season. Strong was decent as well.
Cooper is a consumate WR - I love watching him. He is the WR version of Nich Chubb: Shows up every game, has a phenominal work ethic, great at his craft and no ego.
Moore is a play maker and I understnad getting him touches - I think against lesser defenses he's going to break out in a game soon.

There's not much to say about the defense and about Schwarz. Depphit is playing the best of his career. JOK also. MG with a monster game. Smith is a force the inside guys also. It's a joy to watch. It highlights the difference coaching and scheme makes. Clearly everyone is on the same page - no-one is talking about who is communicating with the sidelines - they are having fun and they are exceptional. From a tweet I saw - thru 3 games: 3.2 yards a play. Best since 2000. Forcing 3 and out on 61.5% of drives - again best in the NFL since 2000 thru 3 games. I hope they stay healthy. I hope we keep Schwartz...... What's a Derick Henry?? Just Wow.

On to Baltimore - lets see what Lamar can do. A completely different offense to deal with than TN. Let's see Stefanski continue to call good games and Watson continue to execute. As Brown's fans we deserve to see something special, if this actally continues, this might be it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
It is still very early and other teams will begin to study our game film, However our Defense so far this year is year is the most impressive / dangerous as I personally have seen in decades. Through 3 games against very sound football teams, I have seen our defense completely confuse and force opposing offenses to adjust on the fly which has not fared well for them. Burrow, Pickett and Tannehill were hit and pressured early and often which changed the trajectory of the game. Great job Jim Schwartz.
I am still not a fan of Stefanski play calling, but We were pretty good against a rock solid Tennessee D.
Waiting to see David Nojoku beak out.
Wondering if a swapping Jones to Left Tackle and Wills to Right Tackle is in the planning for bye week adjustment. Wills still doesn’t look comfortable and is a tick slow in pass pro. RT is his natural fit, just don’t know if Jones would be comfortable at LT .
We still need to find a legit punt returner, DPJ is Not the answer. With our defense playing this well, we need to get legit yardage on punt returns, special teams matter and we are leaving a LOT of field position yardage out there because we ain’t really doing anything there.
Go Browns

FATE #2030434 09/25/23 06:36 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c:

Remember when Watson through that TD pass to Ford and the CBS graphic showed Takitaki's name and face for the TD?
I feel like I mist the play, but not the intent of your post. 🤣

OMG.... Haha.

Threw...threw....threw.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
jc -

I've never seen this before in a professional game against the Browns, but I've now seen it twice in three games...the defense caused the other team to quit, just give up at a point in the game when a scoring drive would have still provided hope. Instead they turned to backup QBs and elected to run the clock out. The losing teams elected to run the clock out and call it a day.

On a crappy note...

I know JDubbs is basically an owner but bringing your kids onto the sideline and into the lockerroom is so cringe.

Legend
Legend
I noticed that too ... when the one kid blurted something out during Stefanski's speech. So cringe lol

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The 1994 Defense with Nick Saban as Defensive Coordinator was a very good defense giving up less than 200 points in a 16-game season. That was the best defense I remember in a Browns team. I just don't remember this kind of domination. More of bend but don't break. This defense so far breaks the other team.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
I agree ... we are like on offense on defense .. and thus far it has worked

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Agree, the defense was outstanding. Watson had me nervous that first QTR. but settled in and played much better.
They really tried to get Moore involved early. He has decent hands but just can't shake that first defender and secure the ball.
They need to find another way to use his speed as suggested because so far, and it's still early, I just expected better things out of him.

Legend
Legend
the more weeks pass and the more the stats remain the same ... this defense is legit

we just need our offense to continue to round into shape

P
Legend
Legend
P
A Sunday worth Celebrating!

DW had a great performance! I was hoping things would begin to turn around on O but I certainly wasn't expecting to see such a huge swing in the right direction happen all in one week. DW looked crisp, decisive and made quick decisions all while being very accurate with the ball. Obviously the running game didn't look great but I think we all saw that coming at least to some extent. That's why for me, at least as it stands as of yesterday, DW knew the pressure was on him to come through and he did so with flying colors. I don't think any of us could have asked for anything more. I could complain about the backward pass that left me scratching my head. But if I were looking for perfection I would have to find something other than a human being to play the game at QB. Humans by the very definition of the word are not perfect. They are going to have to make that running game work better moving forward however.

The D did a fantastic job as per usual. They had Tannehill rattled and pressured the entire game. They made the Titans running game virtually non existent. What I have to remember to do as the season moves on is appreciate that D each and every week and not begin to take their contribution for granted.

If people seriously wish to discuss an actual bad call by the refs, the one where they called Coop out of bounds is it. It wasn't even close! Thankfully the the Browns, on both sides of the ball they made sure that had no impact on the outcome of the game. I have the game on DVR. I did the same last week but simply deleted it because I mean, who would want to watch a replay of that? But this one is one I will certainly watch again at some point this week.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

I told my wife about the "Joe Woods is a football terrorist" thing and she died laughing.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Cleats
Agree, the defense was outstanding. Watson had me nervous that first QTR. but settled in and played much better.
They really tried to get Moore involved early. He has decent hands but just can't shake that first defender and secure the ball.
They need to find another way to use his speed as suggested because so far, and it's still early, I just expected better things out of him.

Honestly, I'm ok with it. Get/keep him involved with touches and keep developing that chemistry until you feel comfy opening up the playbook. He can be a weapon.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a small suggestion to Stefanski. If the game is won and you put your backup QB in, please put your backup O-Linemen in too. No need for freak injuries.

On the other hand, to me, it looked like they could use the work. OL was leaky all game, especially early/before the Titans essentially gave up. Watson pulled off some Houdini-like escapes and kept getting up after taking a pounding.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Teller is really struggling to start the season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Forgot one thing...I think Garrett was held on every single sack with no calls.

I saw on holding call on him.

None the less, a good game.

The O looked like it had some life and the D played great.

The cautionary note is Tennessee isn't very good this year. Basically they have DT Jeffery Simmons on D and Derrick Henry on O. Simmons caused some problems. Henry was bottled up for the most part. I think he broke 1 run for about 20 yards. That isn't bad against that guy, but his line isn't very good.

It was exciting at the stadium. The crowd was in to the game and the team did what it was supposed to do.

Watson played a good game. Some may say wait and see, and I get it, but credit due where deserved.

Big game next week, especially after the Ravens loss.

I agree the Titans aren't very good right now. I think you might be selling the D a bit short, though. That entire DL is pretty good. If Watson weren't so shifty, we may have been in trouble. They also have Byard on the backend.

On O, they might be worse than you hinted at. They do have Henry on O, but he might be more of an impediment than what is good about them now. He definitely looks like time and the hits are catching up to him. It wouldn't have been surprising to look down and see that his feet were encased in cement on some of his runs. It may be time to phase him out of the O, and it looks like the Titans may be trying to do so. I think I saw that he was out touched almost 2:1.

I do agree that OL got worked over. Watching the two TEs follow Myles around almost made me feel bad for them.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I agree w/Teller. He's lost a step, especially in pass pro

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I agree w/Teller. He's lost a step, especially in pass pro

I don't know if he's actually lost a step or if he just looks like he has. Instead of being the guy that Conklin helps out, he has to be the guy helping out Jones. Not so much in a physical sense, but calling things out, predicting what is coming, and communicating how to respond to what is happening during the play. Trying to keep an eye on the rookie may be slowing him down.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
P
Legend
Legend
P
I do agree with you about Henry as it pertains to losing a step. He's always been a more straight ahead physical runner and that has taken its toll over time as it usually does. But when it comes to rushing the football the titans still rely on him as the main back. Even though they didn't rush the ball much yesterday after falling behind, Henry had 11 rushes for a total of 20 yards and Spears only had 4 carries for 6 yards.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Watson looking better but ski letting the inmates run the prison. no under center and wide open, no more playbook just me me me football with Watson at the play ground. We will win because of our D and their discipline play!! So fun to watch.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Titans 3 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard