Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
FATE #2032819 10/06/23 11:46 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
They can take a boat to Canada and just go south??

Oh, man, I almost peed. 🤣

So, your answer to the border crisis is to increase crossings by 250% and hire them on the spot?

This must be Kamala's burner account. Can't make this stuff up.

Asinine.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
If criminals want to get in your house, they will. So, you just let them in?

Seriously dude, your pro democrat crap is getting old. Let people break the law just cause they will anyway???? Illegal immigration is a HUGE problem, whether your leaders see it or not. And, it does appear the libs are seeing it.

Asinine.

FATE #2032821 10/06/23 11:47 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually, I'd prefer you spell nothing out for me.

Yes, the stick your fingers in your ears and yell la, la, la, la, la, la method seem be popular these days.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
GOPers are pathetically asinine. /rant

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Yes, the stick me fingers in your ears and yell la, la, la, la, la, la method seem be popular these days.

So does the bait and switch, goalpost moving, non-sensical, sensationalizing, verbal vomit you and yours spew on the screen everyday. In his case, it's complete with incoherence, bad spelling, incomplete sentences, a bunch of unsolicited ,,,,,,, and a pathetic tendency to not even understand the subject at hand or ignore half the conversation.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: jfanent
FATE #2032832 10/06/23 12:34 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just because you lack the ability to see patterns and how things are connected isn't my fault. The "subject at hand" as you call it is usually a part of a bigger pcture. Since you seem to be so confused it's what's know as a strategy. In your world it seems that doesn't exist. Look it up. enlighten yourself.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Damian was on the right track but just didn’t convey the thoughts very well.

Here it is in a nutshell:

Immigrants fleeing horrible situations is not going to stop, hell one day it might BE YOU.

These people are NOT inherently bad. Some are or will be bad actors but most are good, salt of the earth types, and thankful for their new country’s helping hand. They will go on to power the American economy, help build and become members of our communities, and to care about America just like those who were lucky enough to be born here.

They are human beings. And for the party of American Christian values to turn them into targets of hate damn sure isn’t Christ-like.

Now, your side has good points that we can’t just let anyone in and do nothing because there will be bad actors…

This is where we need common sense policies, not hateful policies, to process and deal with these people en masse. But we need to take some risk, to allow the good people in that will in fact help fuel our economy and help make our country great… for once. Once because anything soaked in hate and division can never be great for human beings.

SO the issue isn’t the immigrants coming, the entrance into the country, or the eventual citizenship. The problem is the processes and the risk management. Shouldn’t we be focused on that?

I get that we’re all at each others throats over philosophical and ideological differences, but the solutions we all need will not be found in the divides and hate, but rather it will be found in the coming together and tackling the issues we face from a fact based logical view point. Our biggest problem in this country is American hate and divides. Our biggest threat are the people who fuel the hate and divides, which right now is pretty much all of us.

I get called all kinds of crap on here. Labeled by all sides. And most of those labels are ridiculously inaccurate. And the same goes for most if not all of us. We’re not bad people, we got along just fine for years before Trumpian politics. I’m the same person I was before, and so are most others. But we’ve all gone to our corners, joined our cliques, and rattled our sabers for so long, we forgot that we’re all human beings who just want to live decent lives. We all want the same basic things, but this gets lost in the hate rhetoric. What we need is a moment that brings us back together and puts this era behind us. Once the hate and divides are cast into the trash heap of history, then and only then, we can move forward like thinking people and fix this country.

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m tired of hating everyone. I will fight forever for what I believe in though, and I’m not talking politics. I’m talking about simply being a decent person and striving to be a good overall human being, even when that means accepting things I dislike. Unfortunately, for me to personally move forward, I need to see the end of this authoritarian fascist swing the right took. The veteran patriot in me will not accept anything TRUMPIAN. But I hope that those who betrayed the country and spread the lies and deceptions while fear-mongering and hate-mongering will get the harsh justice they deserve; and the rest of us find our way back to being Americans together and being better human beings.

It may happen someday soon, it may never happen. But in my heart, I know that none of us are really the issue. It’s the influence we’ve allowed bad actors to have over us that is the real issue. All of our other concerns can be fixed thoughtfully, on a human level when we finally come together as rational thinking people and decent human beings. At least I hope that’s how it all works out eventually.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

This thread is a good microcosm of American politics. When one's side does something, it's good. When the other's side does the same thing, it's bad. In reality, the thing is good or bad irrespective of who is doing it, and, unfortunately, the things both sides do are overwhelmingly not on the good side.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: jfanent, dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I get called all kinds of crap on here. Labeled by all sides. And most of those labels are ridiculously inaccurate.

But would labeling you "ridiculously inaccurate" be accurate? poke

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What amazes me in all of this is what I see as quite obvious. No president can write laws. That's left to the congress. Only congress can rewrite and overhaul immigration laws. People can huff and puff all they like but our southern border has never been what by anyone's definition been "secure".

Yet we see this used as some political football playing the blame game according to which party controls The White House.

As I said, only congress can rewrite and overhaul our national immigration laws. Maybe it's time people begin to come to the realization that for decades now, no matter which party has controlled congress, there has been no effort to overhaul our immigration laws. And that any objective look at that would appear that politicians prefer to use it as a political football than to fix it. And just a look around shows many are suckers willing to suit up and play that game.

The problem we see today is due to the unwillingness of both the dems and the GOP to fix this to create exactly what we're seeing today. This isn't complicated.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
J/C

This thread is a good microcosm of American politics. When one's side does something, it's good. When the other's side does the same thing, it's bad. In reality, the thing is good or bad irrespective of who is doing it, and, unfortunately, the things both sides do are overwhelmingly not on the good side.

Actually, even moreso than you're stating here. Our immigration policies being a dumpster fire for so long and both/all sides of all branches not doing a darn thing to address this true root cause while everyone wrings their hands over a wall that we all know isn't going to even make a dent.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Amen.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This thread is a good microcosm of American politics. When one's side does something, it's good. When the other's side does the same thing, it's bad.

Not me.
It was a dumb idea in 2015, and it's a dumb idea now.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The problem is no one knows what comprehensive immigration reform looks like.

The subject is so toxic a conversation cannot be started. And that is the way the politicians want it.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

4 members like this: oobernoober, dawglover05, PitDAWG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well said. I remember a few months back OCD was talking about a pragmatic approach to what I believe was an immigration issue. It made plain sense, but you never see Washington taking that approach. I guess why do that when you can keep the public distracted with headlines?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All that bad blood is coming in. We need white blood!

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #2032904 10/06/23 04:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by BADdog
All that bad blood is coming in. We need white blood!

Because the blood of immigrants is poison?!

#gmstrong
BADdog #2032905 10/06/23 04:08 PM
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
They are bad blood because they are unvaccinated and are bring all kinds of diseases with them.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
They are bad blood because they are unvaccinated and are bring all kinds of diseases with them.

Good they’ll kill off all the idiot maga anti vac’rs.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2032911 10/06/23 05:33 PM
Legend
Legend

Then learn to read.. Then I won't

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

You sound just like your hero.. TRUMP..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Trump must be speaking the truth.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Trump must be speaking the truth.

Since when? That would be a first.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Who has EVER said "the border is secure"?

Kamala Harris.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Squires

Kamala Harris.

This is probably a 'deep fake'.

Legend
Legend
And Mexico paid for it.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2032926 10/06/23 08:12 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Its just sad. And we have people on here that said the border was secure, and illegals were decreasing. I guess they're spoon fed from the liberal media. Regardless of what they say NOW, they thought Biden had it under control.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
And Mexico paid for it.

Mexico paid for the Biden administration lies?

Oh, okay... I guess it's not that hard to believe.

FATE #2032931 10/06/23 10:13 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The about-face is a very bad look. There’s no denying that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
The about-face is a very bad look. There’s no denying that.
What about-face are you talking about?

– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There are so many, it is hard to keep them straight.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Wow.

You need a history lesson.

trump's words in that interview are right out of the Nazi playbook. Close to word for word.

Apparently you have not traveled much. Or, have any kind of world view.

It is sad. You may be a good person at heart. But you are swallowing misinformation hook, line, and sinker.

Maybe if you went to the front line of this problem you might gain insight.

We are all human beings. Homo Sapiens walking this earth. Borders are lines drawn on maps by politicians, dictators, and governments.

Europeans fleeing oppression and looking to start a new life invaded North America. They conquered the indigenous population and stole their land.

And now people trying to get into this country fleeing poverty and oppression are poisoning our blood?

At least try to educate yourself.

P
Legend
Legend
P

If you ignore every other word he uttered during that tirade you could reach such a conclusion. But in the context with which it was delivered you can't. Unless you're searching for a non existent excuse for what he said.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Kamala Harris.

The claim was that people on this board had said it. Context is helpful. Many politicians are idiots on both sides. Kamala is no different in the regard.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Jc

Something tells me the wall still won’t be getting built.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
And we have people on here that said the border was secure

Who "on here" said the border was secure? I'll wait.

and illegals were decreasing.

Are you trying to say at the time that was said the numbers hadn't drastically declined from the previous numbers? If so that would be the lie here.

I guess they're spoon fed from the liberal media.

I guess you refuse to admit that when the claim was made the number was down and the media had nothing to do with that. Those numbers came from Customs and Border Protection.

Regardless of what they say NOW, they thought Biden had it under control.

No, they reported the numbers at the time and how much they had decreased. The rest of the garbage you just posted is nothing more than your twisted thoughts about what was posted.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kamala Harris.

The claim was that people on this board had said it. Context is helpful. Many politicians are idiots on both sides. Kamala is no different in the regard.

People on this board post articles quoting those "idiots." Posting the articles and giving support immediately following is a sort of context and is pretty close to making the claim one's self. It's different, but one might be getting close to splitting hairs.

Just saying.

It's not a one sided issue admittedly. When the options boil down to picking which "idiots" to support, it's easy to see those supporters as the same/similar "idiots."

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
For me, as I have stated many times, we are left having to choose between the lesser of the two evils. I never saw anyone on this board post any article where Kamala or anyone else for that matter made the claim that the border was secure. Until now of course and it's not anyone trying to claim what she said is accurate.

Generalizations are fine unless you're using them somewhere that they don't actually apply. This just so happens to be one of those times.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, hate rules. Yet, many MAGA members claim to be Christians- love thy neighbor- unless they are immigrants- legal or illegal- God hates illegals- not.

Build the wall- Trump claimed it was almost finished---and his followers- Fund-Build the Wall- were convicted of fraud, stealing money- who to TRUST- not Trump or his followers.

Where there is a will, there is a way. How many decades have we been fighting DRUGS- we keep putting heroin, cocaine, meth, etc in our bodies- there is a market- drugs get in. Why bring that up? Same as the border, build a wall- then they float, tunnel, fly, go around the wall- jobs and better life HERE compared to there, what would you do.

Wall ain't the answer- enforcement AND immigration reform is.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #2032999 10/07/23 12:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by hitt
Amen, hate rules. Yet, many MAGA members claim to be Christians- love thy neighbor- unless they are immigrants- legal or illegal- God hates illegals- not.

Build the wall- Trump claimed it was almost finished---and his followers- Fund-Build the Wall- were convicted of fraud, stealing money- who to TRUST- not Trump or his followers.

Where there is a will, there is a way. How many decades have we been fighting DRUGS- we keep putting heroin, cocaine, meth, etc in our bodies- there is a market- drugs get in. Why bring that up? Same as the border, build a wall- then they float, tunnel, fly, go around the wall- jobs and better life HERE compared to there, what would you do.

Wall ain't the answer- enforcement AND immigration reform is.

They're Old Testament "Christians." God was all about smiting people, particularly the enemies of his "chosen ones," in the "good old days," don't you know? The New Testament was written by those filthy Democrats.

It is Hard to enforce anything if they can sneak past. People have built walls to control entry for as long as people have gathered together to live. It's not 100 percent effective, but nothing is. It's a deterrent, and can still allow easier to control entry.

Now, how to control a border that long does present challenges. There are no easy solutions.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall

Link Copied to Clipboard