#2032623 10/04/23 11:40 PM
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/my...ild-border-wall-texas-immigration-surges

About damn time. Gee Biden, you ignored a huge problem that the local govts have been screaming about FOR YEARS until they made it the libtard cities problem. You ignored the problem for years because you wear libtard blinders and your policies suck. Terrible President.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Oh, but walls are so racist!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My issue with a wall was always trying to figure out how effective it really would be at deterring crossings vs just trying to create a "warm and fuzzy" to make people feel better. Honestly asking, is it really effective, or is it like putting a screen door in to prevent rain from getting through?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Do you know anyone who can walk through walls?

There were 260,000 encounters in September, shattering all records. We are way past the time of simply have to start to do something. Building a wall isn't a perfect solution, but doing nothing is criminal. That said, it is a bit of a screen door until it's complete. It could have been, but, you know...

The administration had put a halt to new border wall construction in early 2021, after Biden had promised as a presidential candidate that there would "not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration." The administration said wall construction under the Trump administration was "just one example of the prior administration’s misplaced priorities and failure to manage migration in a safe, orderly and humane way."

Biden has refused to address the issue. The entire admin and media has called the border secure. Over the past two years, we've sold off building materials at auction that were stacked in Texas waiting to become a wall. A couple months ago, they sued Texas over a border barrier it built in the Rio Grande. "No wall on my watch!!"

Now, in true Biden form, he says a wall will be a good idea.

It's this admins specialty, as I've said before...

Start big fires.
Add gasoline.
Tell us there's no fire.
Finally acknowledge there's a fire, but blame it on someone else.
Show up with garden hose and play hero.

Libs and the media will lap it up like dogs.

FATE #2032651 10/05/23 10:32 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh but you whined claiming he wasn't doing anything and now you whine when he does. You couldn't make this crap up of you tried. rofl

Actually it's become expected.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #2032652 10/05/23 10:43 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm talking about the wall specifically, I'm not trying to stick up for Biden.

Sure, walking through walls is a simplistic retort, but I'm looking at it from a numerical perspective. Do we have anything showing the data from the walled areas vs non-walled, or something of that nature? Is it really worth the cost-benefit analysis? It might be, but I'm just asking the question.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by EveDawg

About damn time. Gee Biden, you ignored a huge problem that the local govts have been screaming about FOR YEARS until they made it the libtard cities problem. You ignored the problem for years because you wear libtard blinders and your policies suck. Terrible President.

Ha ha ha ... rofl wasnt this trumps biggest campaign promise? Why didnt trump do anything about it? Why does Biden get blamed for what trump didnt do?

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Oh but you whined claiming he wasn't doing anything and now you whine when he does. You couldn't make this crap up of you tried. rofl

Actually it's become expected.

I'm not whining, just stating the truth.

You, too, said there were no problems at the border, just like Lyin' Joe.

"Do something about it" is 2.x million people later and a crisis of epic proportions.

Tired act, bro. And everybody sees right through it. Get your last word, not wasting my time in trollworld today.

FATE #2032681 10/05/23 12:16 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again you lie. What I have stated is that there has been a problem at the border for decades now and at no point in time during those decades, whether the dems or GOP has controlled congress, have they rewritten the immigration laws to address it. The only one who is trolling here is you. It's been nothing but a political hot potato for people like yourself to try and use when the fault lies with both parties.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BADdog #2032683 10/05/23 12:21 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Ha ha ha ... rofl wasnt this trumps biggest campaign promise? Why didnt trump do anything about it? Why does Biden get blamed for what trump didnt do?

Careful reading the following. I don't want your eyes to burn -- these are actual facts that answer your questions.

Trump issued Executive Order 13767. Trump asked for $5.7 billion to fund the order. Congress appropriated only $1.375 billion.

Trump issued a state of emergency to appropriate funds. Remember? "A lawless act, a gross abuse of the power". Seventeen states sued on "separation of power" grounds. The ACLU and Sierra Club also sued. A U.S. district court issued a preliminary injunction, and later a permanent injunction.

Biden reversed Trumps order (and five others concerning immigration policy) on his first day in office. "Not one inch of border wall on my watch".

Now Biden wants a border wall... and 4 billion to build it.

FATE #2032684 10/05/23 12:25 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it should be considered a terrible thing when we have a president that can learn form his mistakes and address them. What is this world coming to!!!???

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Doesn't Biden understand how dumb he looks now
And how much more intelligent Trump looks now ?
Biden is going to go down easily as one of the worst Presidents
In recent memory

P
Legend
Legend
P
It appears he will have some stiff competition in 2024 in regards to being the worst president on the ballot in recent memory.

#gmstrong
FATE #2032706 10/05/23 01:55 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Careful. The libs on here will defend this hook line and sinker. But when trump was president, they attacked, ridiculed, and blasted the wall.

Now that a D is president, they will laud it - just as 1 just did with "I think it should be considered a terrible thing when we have a president that can learn form his mistakes and address them. What is this world coming to!!!???" (in purple)

That particular poster also numerous - too many to count really - said illegal immigration was going down, the border was under control under biden.

Many of them on here were bragging about sanctuary cities - until those cities started gettting the illegals and the cities said "Hey, stop sending them here. When we said we were a sanctuary city we didn't mean it like THAT! Keep the illegals down there, not here. We can't handle them." Like, say, Texas, for example, could?

Those libs will spin things whichever way the wind is blowing. Trump did it? Bad. Biden does the exact same freaking thing? "Good, he learned."

P
Legend
Legend
P
At the time I said it, it was an accurate statement. You left that part out. So you mean claiming that trump building the wall was a great thing but now that biden is doing it you make it sound like a bad thing? Is that what you mean by spinning things whichever way the wind is blowing?

I have a suggestion for you. If you're going to addressed the things I say, why not man up and address me instead of sidestepping it and addressing someone else with it?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It’s 20 miles of wall money appropriated for Homeland Security that must be spent or lost from the next appropriations bill… lol. I wouldn’t get too excited. There is 1954 miles of border and about 701 miles currently have a barrier installed other than the Rio Grande river. 20 more miles should do it!

A wall is nothing more than an obstacle, not an impassable obstacle, just an obstacle. I’m all for border security, not for massive wasteful spending on a 2000 mile speed bump.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Building the wall is an easy, but thoughtless decision.

The better thing to do would be to have real immigration reform, but that has proven to be impossible.

So doing something that is thoughtless becomes a real decision.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
FATE #2032724 10/05/23 03:02 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So trump is a failure at implementing his ideas. Great lets get him back into office so he can continue to do nothing. Except make himself money

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Walls do nothing.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2032756 10/05/23 07:49 PM
Legend
Legend
Do you know anyone who can walk through walls?

WOW Do I know someone/anyone that can walk through walls... Boy, you really got me there.. WOW.

OH,, Wait!

I know thousands that can walk around a wall and can dig under a wall, or can take a boat around a wall or can take a boat to Canada then just go south.

If nothing else has been proven, one thing for sure has been, If they want in, they'll get in.

many of the very same people that are yelling and screaming to stop the influx of aliens are the same ones yelling and screaming about not having enough employees for low level, manual labor jobs...

We have something like 10 million open jobs, many of which or waiters, landscapers, etc type jobs. We only have something like 1.5 million ready and willing workers that want those jobs.

Let them in and control the flow. Get them set up for rapid background checks and bring employers in to interview and hire them.

Walls are not the long term answer.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, you are FOR illegal immigrants. That get benefits so they don't have to work. At your, and my, tax expense. Thanks.

What part of illegal do you not understand? And you were one of the people belittling trump, and also saying the border is secure. Now that biden is for a wall, you change?

Putting a choke point on illegals is pertinent. Illegals ARE a problem. As well as liberal cities.

Legend
Legend
They can take a boat to Canada and just go south??

Oh, man, I almost peed. 🤣

So, your answer to the border crisis is to increase crossings by 250% and hire them on the spot?

This must be Kamala's burner account. Can't make this stuff up.

1 member likes this: jfanent
A
Legend
Legend
A
If criminals want to get in your house, they will. So, you just let them in?

Seriously dude, your pro democrat crap is getting old. Let people break the law just cause they will anyway???? Illegal immigration is a HUGE problem, whether your leaders see it or not. And, it does appear the libs are seeing it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree with you guys that it's a huge problem (you won't see me siding with Daman), but I'm perplexed at the best way to fix it. I want something more than nothing, which I think is where you and FATE are, but I also want something more than "warm and fuzzy" as well, which in my mind might be a wall, but I could be off there too. If the stats show a wall works well, then by all means, build a wall.

I really don't know what the best solution is. I know that we, as Americans, can probably come up with a good one, but we're all to busy pointing fingers at each other to try and figure it out.

That's obviously not a finger point at you or FATE, or me even, it's just one of those pleas for "here is a problem, let's figure it out" kind of things...

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
We can’t find enough people to work in hospitals, schools, restaurants and many other places. Maybe look at this as an opportunity rather than a problem. NAH the party of no and discrimination says America isn’t free for our southern neighbors but allow Chinese Asians and white Europeans in mass to continue to enter with little or no restrictions.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
So, you are FOR illegal immigrants. That get benefits so they don't have to work. At your, and my, tax expense. Thanks.

What part of illegal do you not understand? And you were one of the people belittling trump, and also saying the border is secure. Now that biden is for a wall, you change?

Putting a choke point on illegals is pertinent. Illegals ARE a problem. As well as liberal cities.

I'm FOR immigrants. I've always been FOR immigrants. If not for Immigrants, You and I wouldn't even be here.

I'm also for Commerce. We need employees in the country willing to do the things that Americans don't want to do.

One of the best things about Americans is that we "FIND A WAY" to get things done. As for hiring all these people, I never said that. I said background checks and then hire those that pass. The others need to go back.

But of course, you didn't hear that. You didn't understand that.

But the HATE crew spawned by the FAR RIGHT seems to only want to place blame instead of finding solutions. FINDING A WAY.

Oh, I never said that Border was secure.. I said there is a problem... And there we are BACK TO FINDING A SOLUTION.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
FATE #2032786 10/06/23 08:19 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
They can take a boat to Canada and just go south??

Oh, man, I almost peed. 🤣

So, your answer to the border crisis is to increase crossings by 250% and hire them on the spot?

This must be Kamala's burner account. Can't make this stuff up.

What part of taking a boat to canada and going south is Funny and untrue. Are you saying that it's geographically impossible.

I never said a thing about 250% did I.,. You just made that up. Why make stuff up? Where is the purpose for that?

People will come here. that is a fact. One apparently you can't get a handle on. That's not my fault...That's yours.

You and others keep looking at this as a problem with no solution. Its a problem,, No doubt. But the solution is right in front of us.

This county has needs for employees. Where do you expect to get those other than immigrants.

Find a way to make it happen. Maybe my way isn't 100% perfect. Never said it was.. But it's a way of thinking about it so that AMERICA benefits.

But that is just to simple of a thought I guess. HATE seems to rule the day.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I agree with you guys that it's a huge problem (you won't see me siding with Daman), but I'm perplexed at the best way to fix it. I want something more than nothing, which I think is where you and FATE are, but I also want something more than "warm and fuzzy" as well, which in my mind might be a wall, but I could be off there too. If the stats show a wall works well, then by all means, build a wall.

I really don't know what the best solution is. I know that we, as Americans, can probably come up with a good one, but we're all to busy pointing fingers at each other to try and figure it out.

That's obviously not a finger point at you or FATE, or me even, it's just one of those pleas for "here is a problem, let's figure it out" kind of things...

You ever hear the expression, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade? We'll It's a lemonade moment. You may not want to say you agree with me, and that's fine,,, But it appears that you do. You want solutions that stick. Ideas that work.

Others seem to want isolationism. Build a wall around America and don't let anyone in. I wonder if those that think that are aware of the inventions and tech advancements that have come from immigrants?

Don't build a wall, build a porthole that helps AMERICA.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I said "side" not agree. I find it difficult to side with you because you go bat-poop in most of my conversations with you, much like you did here when you started talking about lemonade.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You said there was a 8.5M worker shortfall and we should just hire on the spot...

"Let them in and control the flow. Get them set up for rapid background checks and bring employers in to interview and hire them"

I didn't make anything up, I did math.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'm talking about the wall specifically, I'm not trying to stick up for Biden.

Sure, walking through walls is a simplistic retort, but I'm looking at it from a numerical perspective. Do we have anything showing the data from the walled areas vs non-walled, or something of that nature? Is it really worth the cost-benefit analysis? It might be, but I'm just asking the question.

There isn't enough wall to say. What we do know is that without, the illegals have been flowing through in record numbers. We know that doesn't work.
I applaud Desantis and Abbott. It wasn't until they started shipping illegals up to Democratic controlled cities that it became a mainstream problem. Once those mayors and Governors started to feel that pain it was ignored, and they aren't shipping them all. They are still stuck with a few hundred thousand.

It has already gone too far. All of these people simply suck out of the system from the get-go without having put a dime in or an ounce of sweat. We could afford to give African Americans some sort of reparation. The didn't ask to be here for the most part and had to put more than a ounce of sweat.

Typical democratic elite thinking. They want a large supply of low income workers. They brought in Africans to work the fields, now they want a free flow of Hispanics who are going to vote for them to get supplements in exchange for being housekeepers and dishwashers.

Evey African American needs to vote Republican if they are really interested in being freed from chains. Otherwise, they will continue to be stuck on the government plantation.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Mayorkas Tuesday:

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas in the Federal Register, asserting that there is “an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States.”

Mayorkas Thursday:

There is no new Administration policy with respect to border walls,” Mayorkas said in a statement. “From day one, this Administration has made clear that a border wall is not the answer. That remains our position and our position has never wavered. The language in the Federal Register notice is being taken out of context and it does not signify any change in policy whatsoever.”

Must have got a cease and desist from the White House. 🤣

Now the story is "they had no choice but to spend the money"... A reporter asked if they would simply tear it down after it's built.

So much material for Idiocracy II... the script practically writes itself. rofl

Legend
Legend
I said "side" not agree. I find it difficult to side with you because you go bat-poop in most of my conversations with you, much like you did here when you started talking about lemonade.

Oh come on, you never heard the expression about lemonade,,,, you can that Batpoop? Really.

But, if that's all you can say about me, then I feel as if I'd doing fine. LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
FATE #2032805 10/06/23 10:43 AM
Legend
Legend
You said there was a 8.5M worker shortfall and we should just hire on the spot...

"Let them in and control the flow. Get them set up for rapid background checks and bring employers in to interview and hire them"

I didn't make anything up, I did math.

Yes, hire on the spot for those that QUALIFY... Geez.. do I have to spell everything out for you.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Actually, I'd prefer you spell nothing out for me.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
FATE #2032815 10/06/23 11:17 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mayorkas Tuesday:

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas in the Federal Register, asserting that there is “an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States.”

Mayorkas Thursday:

There is no new Administration policy with respect to border walls,” Mayorkas said in a statement. “From day one, this Administration has made clear that a border wall is not the answer. That remains our position and our position has never wavered. The language in the Federal Register notice is being taken out of context and it does not signify any change in policy whatsoever.”

Must have got a cease and desist from the White House. 🤣

Now the story is "they had no choice but to spend the money"... A reporter asked if they would simply tear it down after it's built.

So much material for Idiocracy II... the script practically writes itself. rofl

No matter which way you look at it, the whole thing is hilarious (or rather, it would be if they weren't talking about taxpayer money).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Oh come on, you never heard the expression about lemonade,,,, you can that Batpoop? Really.

But, if that's all you can say about me, then I feel as if I'd doing fine. LOL

Keep feeling that way, my friend.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So, you are FOR illegal immigrants.

Thinking like this is simply asinine. You can’t just paint every topic with a black and white broad brush, because there are intricacies in life and in every situation. You know, grey areas. Things we need to work through. This is where GOPers tend to FAIL the leadership moments. They NEVER consider the intricacies, they just want to react with the harshest possible solutions because ‘iT sOuNdS lIkE a GoOd IdEa FoR a QuIcK fIx To Me!’

I could ask you asinine crap about your positions all day long.

So, you Like Traitors running your country?

So, you prefer high food prices over an immigrant workforce?

So, you believe walls are impenetrable, impassable, highly secure tech?

So, you think women dying with pregnancy concerns is better than what just a few years ago would have been resolved with a routine procedure to protect the mothers life; better than letting doctors and would-be mothers make their own decisions? You like women dying, got it… You like children having rape babies, got it.

See how asininely boiling everything down to the ridiculous paints somebody in the WRONG light? I get you like to troll for the right, but nobody takes that crap seriously. You should find better material and get your groove back, Stella.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/06/23 11:45 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P

The law dictates they can not get a work permit. Thanks Congress! It's not that "they don't have to work". It's that "they aren't allowed to work". But let's not speak in facts here. And if they were allowed to work your claim would be that they're stealing American jobs. We've seen this circle jerk before.

And you were one of the people belittling trump, and also saying the border is secure.

Who has EVER said "the border is secure"? When has our border EVER been secure? The numbers have fluctuated up and down. Some people point out when those numbers get lowered and some people point out when those numbers get higher. But that border has NEVER been secure.

Putting a choke point on illegals is pertinent.

Only a fraction of our southern border has what some of you spouting the GOP line are calling a "wall" that's actually a steel fence. This additional 29 miles of wall isn't going to change that. It isn't going to create a "choke point".

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall

Link Copied to Clipboard