Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted by steve0255
Watson out today with sore shoulder.

The restof the team decided to take the game off as well. crazy

Our OL has gone from elite, to crap.

It would appear that the AFC North has went from elite to crap. PIT (who beat us) loses to Houston. CIN has serious issues right now. Only 1 team in the Division with a winning record.

It's a little scary that our Browns are halfway through their Division games and we're 1-2 in AFC North games and now 1 1/2 games behind the Ravens with them holding the head-to-head Division tiebreaker with the Browns only having 3 Division games left to play (2 of which will be on the road). 23.5% of the season over and sitting in 3rd place.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
that's why it was imperative to go 2-1 at minimum ... there's a good chance we can't win the division now. Baltimore has such a head start now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Still trying to find a weekly place for this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't care where you post it as long as you post it. I find it hilarious!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not that you needed my permission or anything, but these absolutely deserve their own thread.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
For whatever reason I have no explanation for. I am losing interest in football.

I start to watch games on Sunday night, Thursday night, and Monday night; I never get very far. I lose interest and thoughts of "I don't care" enter my mind.

I find myself muting the pre-games shows. Thinking what a crock. The games come on and are loaded with commercials. If you can't record and fast forward it becomes nauseating.

All the endless talk shows on football. Everyone's opinions. Everyone is an expert analyst. I mean I like the plays but the rest?

The seasons begin with promise. Then injuries begin. It is almost who will make it to the end? It really bummed me when Nick went down. I knew how much depended upon him. Then DW can't play. After the first series of the second half. I shut it off.

Maybe if had that one magical season I would snap back and become the fan I used to be.

1 member likes this: vadawgfan07
O
Legend
Legend
O
Us older fans are so invested, it sucks, but it is what it is. Rooting for this team under DW feels dirty to me, but I’ve loved them for over 50 years. How are we supposed to feel watching this debacle unfold year after year, endlessly?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Jester
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love her videos

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
im not to that point Bone, but I'm starting to get the "meh' feeling during games. I'll still watch, but I kinda see through it as just entertainment

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
For whatever reason I have no explanation for. I am losing interest in football.

I start to watch games on Sunday night, Thursday night, and Monday night; I never get very far. I lose interest and thoughts of "I don't care" enter my mind.

I find myself muting the pre-games shows. Thinking what a crock. The games come on and are loaded with commercials. If you can't record and fast forward it becomes nauseating.

All the endless talk shows on football. Everyone's opinions. Everyone is an expert analyst. I mean I like the plays but the rest?

The seasons begin with promise. Then injuries begin. It is almost who will make it to the end? It really bummed me when Nick went down. I knew how much depended upon him. Then DW can't play. After the first series of the second half. I shut it off.

Maybe if had that one magical season I would snap back and become the fan I used to be.

Yup, pretty jaded about it here, too. I blame getting a business degree. Seeing the financial side of everything kind of sucks. So much money "wasted" on games/sports and entertainment and using sports and entertainment primarily as vessels to sell even more stuff is pretty off putting. Especially when considering good things all that money could go towards and all the problems that could be addressed instead.

...I mean Jed Wills gets paid how much to play like that?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I mean I get up for opening day.

But as the season goes on. It never meets what you want it to be. All I want is one season where we win the division with a record like 14-3. Then dominate through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. If the next year was the opposite. I would be ok with that.

Sure it would be great to have a dynasty going like the Chiefs. But in football that is really hard to do. You need a great qb and you have to be real lucky with injuries.

I am so sick of firing coaches and starting over. Like the grass is always greener. When in fact it is not. Look at all the new hires that are bombing. Tomlin is a good coach. In Pittsburgh there are plenty who want him gone. You don't look so hot when a qb like Ben hangs it up.
Winning nine games is not going to make people happy.

Losing stinks. Not fun at all. We went 0-16. How can you watch that?

I watched the Braves all year. It has been a blast. Super exciting team to watch. You lose a game. So what. You play tomorrow. If the game is out of hand. You do something else. Football you wait all week. Every game is important. You get ready. And unless you win. It is more like aggravation. When you lose again. You are pissed.

I guess it is just the losing. I don't know how Joe Thomas did it? Losing eats at me.

I am so glad the Braves are good. I love baseball. I know the Braves will continue to be good. They may not win the World Series. But I will be ready for a new season come April.

L
Legend
Legend
L
You guys need a tissue to wipe the tears from your puddlin’ eyes? Maybe need mommy to rub your belly, kiss your boo-boo?

Only joking but stop being such Wendy Whiners. A week ago we were all giddy as heck, except maybe Rish. ;), now some of you are bailing on the season, the game of football, maybe even life itself.

Shaddap with the cry-cry. Our starting QB was out, rookie backup struggled. We’ve got 13 games to go….

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I love her videos

I don't find her videos funny whatsoever. Actually, I think they suck quite a bit.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c...

Enjoy the process, folks! Results....eh...

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Kevin should be feeling the heat ... the GM referring to him as "the coach"

Legend
Legend
just make a Week 'x' in Review thread, lol... this is the best part of the season, so far.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
You're now where I was perhaps four or five years ago.... or, maybe even just a year or two ago. I watch out of habit now, and as nothing but an excuse to stop myself from going out and doing chores on a Sunday. That's it. Even when the team does well, which isn't often, I'm not cheering or gaining extra enjoyment. Mostly, the game is on, but I'm not watching intently. I'm doing other things while it is on.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
CleveTA is misconstruing the question.

The question from Grossi was: "If Watson could not even throw the ball all week and DTR was a rookie starting his first game, why were the first scripted plays so pass heavy."

I'm not a Grossi fan but didn't think the question was unreasonable.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
CleveTA is misconstruing the question.

The question from Grossi was: "If Watson could not even throw the ball all week and DTR was a rookie starting his first game, why were the first scripted plays so pass heavy."

I'm not a Grossi fan but didn't think the question was unreasonable.

Unfortunately, without Chubb, our pass catchers are our best weapons. We don't have an advantage in the running game any more. Nick could make the OL right even when they were wrong. Now, when they are wrong, we're generally losing yardage.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
We need to use Moore as strictly a WR IMO. Him behind the line does nothing for us ... let he and Cooper just get open

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We need to use Moore as strictly a WR IMO. Him behind the line does nothing for us ... let he and Cooper just get open

In theory, it sounds good. In practice, he's not the most QB friendly target and the OL hasn't been holding up for very long. He's been ineffective along the sidelines mostly so far and the middle of the field has been crowded. Yet, he's probably our most dynamic player with the ball in his hands. They're still trying to figure out how best to get him more touches in live games. So far we've found some stuff to cross off the possibilities, or at least clean up a lot first.

I imagine if the OL comes together, he'll catch more passes. It all works together.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
yeah I get it ... there are a lot of moving parts .. I think we can really use him on some deep overs or crossers ... and he really excelled with the comeback stuff last year in NY

Legend
Legend
We need to use Moore as strictly a WR IMO. Him behind the line does nothing for us ...

That's putting it mildly.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
lol I still can't fathom it

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
We need to use Moore as strictly a WR IMO. Him behind the line does nothing for us ...

and it is things like this that aren't Coach or QB that kill us so often.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Yep.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Yep.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Feel like this graph is somewhat misleading. Separation per route run would be more informative. One blown coverage can skew things a lot if your sample size is only based on targets. Plus, receivers are generally targeted when they are open rather than when tightly covered. I'm also not sure if this is just against man coverage or all coverages. Ability to settle in holes in zone coverage isn't really the same thing as being able to separate against man coverage.

That's not to say that Moore isn't separating well, and he should be used more as a receiver. I'm not sure what this is really telling us, though. He was wide open on a target at some point, but how, why, and how frequently could vary a lot.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
DPJ can't separate, but he can catch under duress. Our WR corp is good enough to win. We need our OL/QB play to match it (and yes, our coaching as well)

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Nick Chubb future status means Browns should trade for Jonathan Taylor

https://dawgpounddaily.com/posts/ni...hould-trade-jonathan-taylor-01hbynay2qr2

B
Legend
Legend
B

I think Moore can be a good player, but we aren't using him right. We keep using him in the role we hoped Schwarz would fill.

Forget all that. Use him as a receiver. If we use him to take a reverse 2-3 more time this season, cool, but lets quit the rinky dink stuff.

I am starting to think Stefansk's idea of offensive football is about 5-10 years in the past.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

I think Moore can be a good player, but we aren't using him right. We keep using him in the role we hoped Schwarz would fill.

Forget all that. Use him as a receiver. If we use him to take a reverse 2-3 more time this season, cool, but lets quit the rinky dink stuff.

I am starting to think Stefansk's idea of offensive football is about 5-10 years in the past.

We attack the edges too much and don't attack the middle. Under center, play action pass doesn't work anymore. It's old, and tired. D's figure out how to defend the wishbone. Thay have figured out how to defend what we do.

We have to evolve.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:
Nick Chubb future status means Browns should trade for Jonathan Taylor

I want to see more of Strong (and Hunt) before I go there....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I think we were putting Moore in the category of Deebo Samuel when really we should be using him as Devonta Smith

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we were putting Moore in the category of Deebo Samuel when really we should be using him as Devonta Smith

He may end up more like Andrew Hawkins than either of those guys.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

haha hopefully not on a podcast in 12 months tho smile

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

haha hopefully not on a podcast in 12 months tho smile

Too late, he's already been on the team produced, "player-led" "Dawgs Only" podcast.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/dawgs-only

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
LOL

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Continued…

Link Copied to Clipboard