Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
FATE #2033897 10/13/23 09:04 AM
Legend
Legend
You say as the party of no is in chaos and can’t govern.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2033969 10/13/23 02:13 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I understand that when you provide bullet points with zero context it paints a certain picture. But not the picture you would like to present when context is added. So let's add some factual content on those bullet points....

Originally Posted by FATE
DEFERED ACTION FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS
Biden reaffirmed DACA, an Obama-era program that Trump had long sought to dismantle that shielded undocumented immigrants who arrived in the U.S. as children from deportation.

But what is DACA actually? There are children who grew up here, which America paid to educate and help raise. Ready to be productive members of society who ended up here through no fault of their own which you now support to punish for that.

BORDER WALL
Biden terminated the construction and funding of the wall at U.S. southern border — a key promise of the Trump administration that has drawn backlash for its environmental impacts and is being litigated at the Supreme Court for the allegedly improper use of funds.

First of all, a president can not dictate to congress how they designate spending money. Congress had the authority to fund the building of more wall if it chose to. Thus far, even with a Republican controlled House, they have not. Secondly, as we should have all learned just as of late, the money that was still designated to build a fence, that so many call a wall, pays for 29 miles of border fence. I suppose it's your contention that by refusing to build that 29 miles of fence/wall created a disaster that caused the U.S border to be overwhelmed?

EXECUTIVE ORDER REVISING IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT POLICIES
Revoking a Trump-era policy that cracked down on communities shielding undocumented immigrants from deportation, Biden vowed to “protect national and border security” and “address the humanitarian challenges at the southern border.”

What policies had trump passed to punish sanctuary cities? How did anything Biden do here change those policies? Inquiring minds want to know.

FAMILY REUNIFICATION
Biden on Tuesday created a task force to reunite migrant families who were separated at the U.S.-Mexico border by Trump’s 2018 “zero tolerance” border strategy.

The task force, which will by led by U.S. Department of Homeland (DHS) Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, will consider the possibility of issuing visas or using other forms of immigration relief to reunite separated families.

Reuniting families... #buttheybrownkids

So you don't think these families needed to be reunited? Maybe you missed the fact that in the rush to separate families under trump, thousands of children were removed from their families and relocated without any record of where they were sent and no idea where they were. Yes, according to you it was a terrible thing that the Biden administration was going to find these lost children that our own government was responsible for losing in the first place. Then you go on to point the finger at something that was "considered".

ASYLUM AND REGIONAL MIGRATION
Biden on Tuesday issued three executive orders dealing with asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border, legal immigration and reunifying families.

The asylum-focused order mandated a review of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), a controversial program that pushed 65,000 asylum seekers back to Mexico to wait for U.S. court hearings.

That "push them back into Mexico" portion was one of the health emergency measures I spoke about before during the Covid emergency. You know the one's Republicans said never existed. That heard immunity was the answer. That we should have no mask mandate. That businesses shouldn't close. So that's what they were spewing right up until they could use Covid as an excuse for trump not to follow the law which allows them entry into the country in order to register for asylum. Then suddenly Covid was a huge emergency. Once again you think reunifying families of brown people is a bad thing. I guess the party of family values doesn't apply to brown people. That's twice now you have included that in your post about this. And then you point the finger at me because I point that out. Typical.

LEGAL IMMIGRATION
Biden’s executive order on legal immigration called for a review of a Trump-era rule that made it harder for poorer immigrants to obtain permanent residency in the United States.

Yes, because you think only the wealthy should enter and not the poor? That people who actually need a better life for their families should not be allowed to enter and only the well off should be allowed in? We have millions of jobs employers can't fill because the pay scale is so low or the work and conditions are so poor that Americans won't take them. But according to you it seems people that could actually help fill that need are the exact people who should be excluded. Dear Lord. Do you mean to tell me you don't see how discriminatory and counterproductive that sounds?

INTERIOR ENFORCEMENT
Biden on his first day in office repealed a 2017 Trump executive order that intensified U.S. immigration enforcement within the country.

Do you mean warrantless searches and targeting communities based on their racial demographics? You do realize those things are supposed to be illegal to begin with, right?

I'd like to see some actual evidence of that and what it actually says. You see, all you did was provide some bullet points with zero context. Actually with no source given. The total lack of context and with not posting your source it should be obvious what you attempted to do here. But that's what people tend to do these days thinking they actually made a point. I actually can't see where a single thing you posted had any actual impact on what is happening at the border.

Now before you go off half cocked, just remember what the penalty is for a first time offense for crossing the border illegally is.....

First Punishment for Crossing Border Illegally

When a person is caught illegally crossing the border—lawfully known as an improper entry—the first offense may include:

Civil penalty fine of $50 to $250
Imprisonment for up to six months
Both fines and imprisonment

https://www.lawfirm1.com/unlawful-entry/

A second offense carries much harsher penalties. However, if you think these guidelines are too lenient, that's something you need to address with congress. Or if you actually believe that a president can simply change laws as he pleases, it may have been something you should have taken up with trump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #2033971 10/13/23 02:16 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
And in your latest shot of hot air you are once again trying to make an issue out of something "being talked about". But as they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I enjoy when you join this forum, P.

Thank you. I don’t really enjoy posting in here truth be told. I definitely have opinions in a lot of these subjects but I dislike the uncivil way people speak to each other. This wasn’t always the case and I wish we could get back to some civility.

I do enjoy reading what you have to say. I’m probably a little to the right of you on most issues but I feel comfortable engaging with you because even though we disagree you treat others respectfully.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
That was a lot of work to just say Biden bears no responsibility and I'm racist.

Kudos.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2034077 10/14/23 10:55 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
While you spent very little time and effort trying to point out things that have nothing to do with the actual border and the former administrations cruelty to brown children.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #2034120 10/14/23 02:30 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks man. Likewise. We are probably closer than you think on the issues at least. I just happen to come down harder on the R side for the time being because in my mind it’s been hijacked by a much more crazy dynamic. More about the people than anything. I also think that they’ve drifted enormously far from their original intent.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That's because it's all a facade that low info libs like yourself have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Talk to the hand, Larry.

FATE #2034143 10/14/23 06:47 PM
Legend
Legend
That's because it's all a facade that low info libs like yourself have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Talk to the hand, Larry.

I'm thinking you shouldn't ever discuss swallowing..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Talk to the hand, Larry.

I didn't, that's how you got here.

FATE #2034159 10/15/23 07:06 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Talk to the hand, Larry.

I didn't, that's how you got here.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Let’s make a few observations……Did a wall stop Hamas? Did a wall stop the Mongols? Did a wall stop freedom from entering eastern Germany?

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2034176 10/15/23 10:42 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P

Talk to the hand, Larry.

The only one who didn't put any thought into their posts on here was you. Once I pointed out how your bullet points had zero to do with the actual border you folded like a cheap suit and all you can do is sling mud like a trumpian. You have been trained well.

When faced with something factual rather than empty bullet points without context, you're lost. Yet somehow wish to blame me for that. So go on with your trash. At this point that's all you have left.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Except that you don't present any relevant facts, only goalposts.

A monkey could have a more fruitful conversation with a magic-eight-ball.

3.8 million cross border under Biden... you say it's all Trump's fault.

152,000 children arrived at the border in 2022 without a parent even present.

But I'm racist and cruel to brown children... because you think (I use that word loosely) it's more pertinent to talk about the 5600 misplaced children while Trump was in office. rofl

FATE #2034189 10/15/23 11:11 AM
Legend
Legend
Arriving at the border and coming through are two different stats if you’re going to count.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
So it's not really 30x more cruel, because they all didn't cross??

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

FATE #2034201 10/15/23 11:28 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You don't read very well. The border has not been secure for decades. It's not trump's fault. It's not Biden's fault. I can go back to Reagan who granted amnesty to over two million immigrants. The border not being secure wasn't his fault either. Only congress can change immigration laws. Still no sources for your information I see.

What you are trying to do is point the finger at a single individual while no president has been able to secure that border. I mean if you wish to talk about how a monkey could have a more fruitful conversation with a magic-eight-ball. You haven't been interested in a fruitful conversation from the very beginning.

There were some emergency Covid measures that trump put in place that helped. But a president only has the power to do that during a national health emergency. There is a date and deadline at which time those expire. And only unless that national health crisis is still relevant and considered a pandemic can they be extended. They expired and the authority to continue those measures without a pandemic simply do not exist.

But I understand you do not wish to have an actual discussion about the facts surrounding this. And if you didn't want race brought into it, why in your rant was it mentioned twice that "Bad Biden" reunited brown families whose children the U.S. government had lost in the system? You said you were listing all of the bad things Biden had done to make things worse at the border. And nothing on your list really had anything to do with the actual border. And I'm sure funding those lost children didn't make things worse at the border.

I'm not the one who made sure to mention twice in the same post that "helping find lost brown children and reuniting their families" is included on my list of bad things. I didn't bring that up. You did. I just pointed it out.

#gmstrong
FATE #2034202 10/15/23 11:30 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So it's not really 30x more cruel, because they all didn't cross??

If they didn't cross then how can you count them in the number that illegally crossed? Oh that's right, context doesn't matter. What's most important is the picture you're trying to paint.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You're arguing cruelty to brown children, what could be more cruel than dropping 150,000 at the border in one year??

Is this really that difficult??

And you respond with a smartass "context doesn't matter". rofl

FATE #2034210 10/15/23 11:45 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Who "dropped them" at the border? And what does that have to do how many illegal border crossing we have? Once again, you're the one that listed reuniting these families as a Biden policy that made things worse at the border. Now you are trying to sidestep the fact you did that by insinuating, "Yes but this is worse than what I said!" I never knew that saying context matters was a smart ass thing to say. I thought it was a statement of fact.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Here, they did all cross.

I'm sure (in some twisted way?) that makes it all better...

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/us-detention-child-migrants

And, as usual, you're lying again. I didn't say that particular policy change made things worse, I merely posted all of his policy changes -- that happened to be one of them.

I could have easily not posted that one (and considered it), but that would not be forthcoming. That would be like you ignoring a border crisis and stating that the numbers were down last Tuesday at 3:15 during a thunderstorm.

But somehow that set off your single-minded, shallow-as-hell, trigger... so that you could scream "racist!" for two pages. So predictable. rofl

FATE #2034228 10/15/23 12:29 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you trying to claim that trump had a policy that we weren't supposed to try and find those lost children to reunite them with their families? If so I would certainly like to see that one. No, what you did was copy and paste a list from some website. I don't think you did anything to fact check it whatsoever. So please, show the board where trump had some policy saying that these children weren't allowed to be found and reunited with their families and that was some trump policy that Biden changed. Since it's your wish to be forthcoming.

It is factual that in June of this year the numbers hit a two year low. For some reason that seems to be something you hate to admit or acknowledge. That's a you issue.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's also factual that if gas were $10 per gallon for five years, and dropped to 9.99... it would be at a five year low. Nobody cares, the only thing they would "hate to admit" is that they need a car.

The rest of that doesn't even make any sense. You've buried the moving goalposts under the stadium.

Have a nice day, Lar 🤣

Legend
Legend
Shocking 3.8 million migrants have entered US since Biden took office — 1.5 million sneaked in and are still here

A jaw-dropping 3.8 million people have entered the United States through its borders since President Joe Biden took office in 2021 — nearly half of whom slipped into the country illegally and were never caught.

Over the last three years, 2,345,600 people have been granted Notices to Appear (NTAs) before an immigration court, according to figures compiled by Syracuse University’s TRAC immigration database.

NTAs are issued to people who arrive on US soil, hand themselves in to Border Patrol and claim asylum. If they are deemed to potentially have a case, they are assigned a hearing — often years in advance — where a judge will determine if they can remain in the country or will be deported. The filings provide an accurate picture of the number of migrants entering the country.

Over 1.23 million of those NTAs were issued in the Department of Homeland Security’s financial year 2023 alone, which runs from October 1 to September 30.

Those numbers are far from the full picture of people entering the country. Over the past three years more than 1.5 million so called “gotaways” — those who Customs and Borde Protection estimate have made it across the border into the country with being detected or caught — and those numbers have also steadily been increasing year-by-year.

In May 2023, the US Border Patrol reported at least 530,000 gotaways for the current fiscal year — just shy of the record-breaking 600,000 reported by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in all of the previous year, and eclipsing the 389,000 reported in 2021.

The year’s most up-to-date gotaway numbers remain unclear. US Border Patrol did not have the figures on hand when contacted by The Post, and the DHS did not respond to requests for comment by the time of publication.

Though there are less than ten days left in the fiscal year, the total numbers are far from settled as migrant arrivals continue to climb by the day.

Just over 180,000 NTAs were issued in August — a 19% increase over the previously record-breaking 151,910 issued in July.

The number of cases has completely overwhelmed the court system, leading to a nearly 2.7 million backlog in Immigration Court cases still pending, according to TRAC.

After crossing the border, the migrants have been dispersed across all fifty states, but in the past year four states have borne the brunt of the crisis — Texas with 170,475 people California with 165,186, Florida at 152,048, and New York with 145,690.

[Linked Image from nypost.com]

https://nypost.com/2023/09/21/shocking-3-8-million-migrants-have-entered-us-since-biden-took-office/

FATE #2034241 10/15/23 12:56 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So in other words you have nothing to show that reuniting these children with their families was a reversal or change in trump policies. Yet you provided information claiming it did. Which speaks volumes to the intent of the information you provided and who the target audience was it was meant to reach and misinform. Thanks.

And in your latest post, it would appear that the 14 GOP states that have sent National Guard troops to the southern border has failed to help anything. That Texas governor Greg Abbott lining the banks of the Rio Grande with razor wire and flotation devices to stop the flow of illegals has also failed. Oh, that's right, none of their names are Biden.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

FATE #2035192 10/16/23 10:59 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see you refused to address and brought nothing to the table that shows where trump had an order not to reunite families. Instead you posted an opinion piece. Dodge, weave and deflect. Typical.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That's because I don't care about your silly little ancillary arguments. You can post about it 38 more times, won't matter. rofl

In fact, I predict you'll choke out another senseless post right now. Either the Trump=bad angle or the fact that I 'refuse' to answer to something you've chosen to waterboard me with... that has nothing to do with the argument.

Get at it, lwl.

FATE #2035201 10/16/23 11:25 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I know it doesn't matter to you. I realize you don't take responsibility for the fact that you posted it and know it was wrong. You wish to label that anything but what it is. You do realize that since you posted that as a part of your argument, it certainly has something to do with the argument, right? You're up next Moe.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Good dawgie.

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

FATE #2035207 10/16/23 11:33 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes you are Moe. You showed up right on time. You're being your true self. Blaming me because you won't man up and defend your own words.

#gmstrong
FATE #2037693 10/24/23 03:13 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Your numbers may or may not be true- lets say they are- but lets review history- Operation Wetback- Ike's attempt to stem refugees- generations born and died- immigration still an issue. Trump had four years and spent billions to build the wall-----AND claimed it was finished- more lies. We lost the moral high ground when Trump split families in half at border---not only are we anti-immigrant, but anti family. Bonus- Trump and his underlings found guilty for fraud- Build the Wall fundraiser- they pocketed money. Seems everything Trump touches turns to stuff.

If we ever build an extensive wall- I doubt it because Mexico will never fund it, nor will the American electorate. The immigrants will tunnel under it, fly over it, cut through it, go around it.
Immigrants are like the drug trade- we need cheap labor- too many Americans want their illegal drugs- it is the world, it ain't going to change.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #2037713 10/24/23 07:38 PM
Legend
Legend
Wish we just make nice with our neighbors. Everyone knows these conservative white guys love those latina’s, and ain’t nothing wrong with it. Don’t fight it, just let it happen.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #2037724 10/24/23 08:48 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Wish we just make nice with our neighbors. Everyone knows these conservative white guys love those latina’s, and ain’t nothing wrong with it. Don’t fight it, just let it happen.

They're not allowed to, any more.
They've all signed on to the great Replacement Theory.

Gotta keep that blood "pure," you know-

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Judge blocks Biden administration from destroying Texas border fencing
By Daniel Wiessner
October 30, 20235:31 PM EDTUpdated 3 days ago

Migrant family navigates bank of Rio Grande river in Eagle Pass
A family navigates the bank of the Rio Grande past razor wire while searching for an entry point into the United States from Mexico, in Eagle Pass, Texas, U.S. July 30, 2023. REUTERS/Adrees... Acquire Licensing Rights Read more
Oct 30 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Monday temporarily blocked federal immigration authorities from destroying razor wire placed along the border with Mexico by the state of Texas to prevent migrants from crossing the Rio Grande river.

U.S. District Judge Alia Moses in Del Rio, Texas barred the Biden administration from cutting or removing the wire until at least Nov. 13, as she considers a lawsuit brought by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican, accusing the U.S. government of illegally destroying state property.

of fraud for relying

Moses said the Biden administration would likely continue to damage the wire fencing absent a court order, pointing to allegations by Paxton that wire was destroyed even after his office filed the lawsuit last week.

"No great public calamity is apparent on this record to justify property destruction," wrote Moses, an appointee of Republican former President George W. Bush.

Moses said federal authorities could still move or cut wires "to aid individuals in medical distress."

Advertisement · Scroll to continue

Report this ad

Paxton in a statement said the federal government's actions demonstrate "Biden's disturbing contempt for the State of Texas, for the citizens of the United States, and for our country’s entire foundation of the rule of law."

Neither the U.S. Department of Justice, nor the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) immediately responded to a request for comment. In response to the lawsuit, DHS has said it has a responsibility to act "when there are conditions that put our workforce or migrants at risk."

Report this ad
The concertina wire fencing was installed on private property by the Texas National Guard as part of Operation Lone Star, an initiative launched by Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott in 2021 aimed at deterring illegal border crossings.

Paxton's lawsuit claims U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents recently stepped up an existing practice of cutting, destroying or otherwise damaging wire that the state had strategically placed with landowners' permission.

Report this ad
Moses is currently considering Paxton's motion to bar the destruction of wire pending the outcome of the lawsuit. A hearing is scheduled for Nov. 7.

Texas, meanwhile, is separately defending its authority to install floating buoys in the middle of the Rio Grande to deter migrants.

A federal judge at the Biden administration's request in September ordered the 1,000-foot (305-meter) barrier removed, but an appeals court allowed it to remain in place temporarily while Paxton's office pursues an appeal.

Report this ad
Reporting by Daniel Wiessner in Albany, New York, Editing by Alexia Garamfalvi and David Gregorio

https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-blocks-biden-administration-destroying-texas-border-fencing-2023-10-30/#:~:text=Oct%2030%20(Reuters)%20%2D%20A,crossing%20the%20Rio%20Grande%20river.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Right isa not someone I follow but see his posts because of the “For You” feature. He is someone who thinks he is a journalist but is not. I am only posting this tweet because it shows what the government is doing to the fence Texas put up.

I hope my disclaimer is sufficient for all of you.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #2039660 11/02/23 09:35 PM
Legend
Legend
CANNOT make that stuff up.

What an absolute farce of a presidency.

*Cue Pit's stupid post about congress changing immigration law.

FATE #2039684 11/03/23 11:04 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So first the claims are nothing is working and the border is not secure at all. The complaints are that record numbers are crossing the border as things are now. And now the complaint is the government is trying to remove something that isn't working. And you brought up stupid posts?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Please explain "remove something that isn't working". This should be good. rofl

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

FATE #2039710 11/03/23 12:17 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Your claim is that nothing was working. That it was all Biden's fault. That record numbers of illegals were crossing the border. So how can it be true this wire was working yet nothing was working and record numbers were crossing the border? 14 GOP governors have sent National Guard troops to the border as well. How is that working? You can't complain about record numbers crossing the border claiming nothing is working and then backtrack by trying to say some things are working and some things aren't. I'm sure glad they don't sell wire cutters and bolt cutters in Mexico.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall

Link Copied to Clipboard