Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
let's see, I remember the days of us trotting out Roman Oben, Qasim Mitchell, Joaquin Gonzalez, Barry Stokes, Kirk Chambers, Nat Dorsey, Rex Hadnot, etc

Remember Bob Hallen? The dude who quit before a snap lol

There was quite a vocal group here that wanted us to sell our souls for Robert Gallery.
Maybe I was one of them haha I can't remember

I do remember wanting Aaron Curry pretty badly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
What it means is that you look at the outcome of something and determine if that decision was a mistake or not. In this case it was. Even you yourself admitted that. Of course you come along with your usual dance to try and circumvent that. Nobody knows what the end results will be when they make a decision. But after the fact it's sometimes easy to see.

Do you think a FO believes or knows they're making a mistake when they're drafting a player in the first round? Surely you would say no or they would have chosen a different player. If that player turns out to be a dud does that make their selection any less of a mistake? Nobody claimed they purposefully made a mistake. That would mean they would have to be idiots. The only claim that was made is that decision turned out to be a mistake. I'm not sure what kind of "dog chasing its own tail" thing you're trying to turn this into.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we will quickly learn how good or bad Wills has been for us.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
What it means is that you look at the outcome of something and determine if that decision was a mistake or not. In this case it was. Even you yourself admitted that. Of course you come along with your usual dance to try and circumvent that. Nobody knows what the end results will be when they make a decision. But after the fact it's sometimes easy to see.

Do you think a FO believes or knows they're making a mistake when they're drafting a player in the first round? Surely you would say no or they would have chosen a different player. If that player turns out to be a dud does that make their selection any less of a mistake? Nobody claimed they purposefully made a mistake. That would mean they would have to be idiots. The only claim that was made is that decision turned out to be a mistake. I'm not sure what kind of "dog chasing its own tail" thing you're trying to turn this into.

There's a difference between playing your starting QB when he's medically cleared and wants to play and making a choice between all the players available in a draft.

So what exactly are you saying the mistake was? Was the mistake that they started him? Or was it that he got knocked out of the game? (or got taken out to ensure he didn't get injured further?) Is every instance of a player getting hurt a mistake?

There are mistakes, there are bad things happening, and there are test runs. To me, this was a case of the latter. Injuries usually would seem to fall into the bad things happen category to me. And really, he didn't even get injured. They wanted to see what he had. The other options weren't great. They got him out in one piece, and we won the game. Sometimes the only way to figure out how someone is going to play is to play them.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M

The guy needs to commit to running more North/South. He always tries to take it outside and routinely fails. Last week was a good example of that.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
the stark difference between he and Chubb is so noticeable ... we've been spoiled

I wish Ford just got the yards that are there, which he mostly doesn't lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
What the heck is going on with Ekeler this year??

Look at the distance between Mostert and the rest of the field. Dude is a beast.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

The guy needs to commit to running more North/South. He always tries to take it outside and routinely fails. Last week was a good example of that.

I don't disagree with the North/South comment. This is also a factor.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

It's so odd the Browns v Ravens game is going to be televised on FOX.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Ford is no Nicholas Jamal Chubb.

That is for sure. He lacks the vision to hit the go button. He is late seeing the crease.

He is an ordinary back. If there is hole he can see. He will take it and he has some speed.

He does not have that instinct and explosion through a hole.

The Browns as a team are third in rushing. That is solely from the KS scheme.

KS using each back for a purpose. He is using the RB room and a blocking scheme. Nick Harris as a fullback. Direct snaps to a TE.

And he is not abandoning the run when it is not working great.

#2040824 11/07/23 04:06 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Surprised to see Cameron Mitchell go on IR.

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cam Mitchell played a great game last week in place of Newsome. Sucks he got hurt. Hopefully Newsome is back this week.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I get outraged at the local media when they try and narrate that it is so positive that
a player who leaves or left the Browns winds up in a good spot.
go away local media, because how can that help the Browns fans, who watch and often pay, only hoping to see the Browns win.

A player leaves the Browns but winds up in a "good" spot?
How can that be in any way a positive? go jump in a lake local media, go pound sand local media, go fall over a stump local media.
arrrrggggghhh.
How does that help the Browns? How does that help the Browns win a game? It doesn't.
If DPJ goes to his favorite team and aww so nice for him, how is that positive for a browns fan? It's NOT.
go break glass local media. Does that help the Browns beat the Ravens? Get outta here. thumbsdown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
let's see, I remember the days of us trotting out Roman Oben, Qasim Mitchell, Joaquin Gonzalez, Barry Stokes, Kirk Chambers, Nat Dorsey, Rex Hadnot, etc

Remember Bob Hallen? The dude who quit before a snap lol

There was quite a vocal group here that wanted us to sell our souls for Robert Gallery.

Quite the (QB) murderers row right there. Which goes to the point: Wills looks damn good compared to anyone on that list. We would have been overjoyed. For the record, I think I was on the gallery band wagon. What can I say, desperate times…

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
j/c:

It's so odd the Browns v Ravens game is going to be televised on FOX.

I hate that stupid robot mascot of theirs.
Reminds me of something that was almost cool in 7th grade.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Wills is better than anyone else we can put there now. I'm still hoping he will improve and get more consistent although that should have already happened. One could hope some more. Every GM makes mistakes in the draft but you have to get QB. LT, and edge rusher right. Those are the most important positions. When you keep missing on those you're in trouble.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/08/23 09:42 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hot Take: Browns call Josh Gordon after last night's voting result.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
talk is cheap.. lets actually do that

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Hot Take: Browns call Josh Gordon after last night's voting result.
smile

L
Legend
Legend
L
Jason Peters is on the Seattle PS, I'm surprised we didn't make a claim. even at 41 is better than hudson

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Jason Peters is on the Seattle PS, I'm surprised we didn't make a claim. even at 41 is better than hudson

Think they may have added him to their active roster. (?) He's been playing a good number of snaps the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I think age has caught up with him. He didn't look very good when I rewatched our matchup or Seattle's game against the Ravens.

On the other hand, Van Noy made some plays for Baltimore. He looks kind of rejuvenated in that defense. Peters just looked old and worn out.

Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by bonefish
Ford is no Nicholas Jamal Chubb.

That is for sure. He lacks the vision to hit the go button. He is late seeing the crease.

He is an ordinary back. If there is hole he can see. He will take it and he has some speed.

He does not have that instinct and explosion through a hole.

The Browns as a team are third in rushing. That is solely from the KS scheme.

KS using each back for a purpose. He is using the RB room and a blocking scheme. Nick Harris as a fullback. Direct snaps to a TE.

And he is not abandoning the run when it is not working great.

Except for when they played the Ravens the first time, they about abandonded the run that day.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Not sure how I feel about this if it’s true

P
Legend
Legend
P
He primarily played RT at Ohio State. But when the choice boils down between him and Hudson at LT I understand the reasoning.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Duh.

When you are behind by three scores. Guess what?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Frenchy

that could be a disaster.. Jones has been pretty meh last few games.. Might be an lingering injury and now you want him to switch sides? I rather put Bitonio there at LT

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hudson was on the right side today. Jones was off with an injury. Kevin didn’t say anything about any movement at this point. We probably won’t know until Sunday who lined up at LT. I believe it will be Hudson.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
talk is cheap.. lets actually do that

He did in Indy. That's what that whole segment was about.

Next time, it may be helpful to watch the video.

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Frenchy

Jones didn't practice today.

He has a knee and an injured shoulder.

Jones may not play on Sunday.

That is what Hudson is at RT.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard