Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
All anyone can know or comment on is what they see. That's all anyone can base their opinions on. God Lord man.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Hammer
Watch him shaking his arm after every throw - not a good sign.

I think people are trying to read too much into the open to the media/warm up portion of practice. Is he "shaking it" because of pain, or is he "shaking it" to get and keep it "loose" as a preventative/therapeutic measure?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Good Lord you watch a couple warm ups and talk about no zip. The receivers are running half speed and you know what?

Please tell me. "He should not play for two weeks. He is not ready." What?

You didn't see anything.

He will play when he says he is ready and the staff agrees.

I have read all the Board doctors. Effing hilarious.

1 member likes this: vadawgfan07
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
From that video It looks, to me, like his arm is going to fall off. That's what I see!! notallthere

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...let's see if I can track down contact info for a good optometrist. thumbsup

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I saw was a QB that was putting no zip on the ball. Who was shaking his injured arm after he threw. Much like yourself I don't make a determination based on that. I see it much the same way you do. It was just tossing the ball around in warm ups. But man, people can only see what they are shown and that's all the evidence they have to base their opinion on. I'm not sure why you think that's a big deal and are getting so defensive about it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
From that video It looks, to me, like his arm is going to fall off. That's what I see!! notallthere

I'm pretty sure I saw gangrene and swelling of the fingers.

Also, his throwing arm looks shorter than his non-throwing arm.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Could be about the short arm Rish. His throws were coming up short!!!! laugh

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by Hammer
Watch him shaking his arm after every throw - not a good sign.

I think people are trying to read too much into the open to the media/warm up portion of practice. Is he "shaking it" because of pain, or is he "shaking it" to get and keep it "loose" as a preventative/therapeutic measure?

If you have ever played competitive sports as a QB or pitcher... you know what this means.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
2 members like this: Jester, Hammer
2nd String
2nd String
Of course Kyler Murray will play the game of his life as he always does against us, so all this could be academic.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He will be rusty.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
He's destroyed us twice if my memory serves me right.

I fully expect him to play. That would be very Brownsian.

2 members like this: myka, JimDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
He's destroyed us twice if my memory serves me right.

I fully expect him to play. That would be very Brownsian.

I think he won twice. In one of those games (the most recent) he destroyed/dismantled/embarrassed us.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Just looked it up. 38-24 in 2019 in Arizona and 37-14 in 2021 in Cleveland.

I remember I was going to go to the game in Arizona and was glad I didn't. I'm pretty sure cfrs went with his brother who is a Cardinals fan.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I guess I was referring to Murray's personal performance against the Browns when it comes to him destroying the Browns.

2019- 19/25 with 219 yds w/ a 1 TD and 1 INT.

2021- 20/30 with 229 yds w/ 4 TDs, 0 INTs.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Rishuz
Legend
Legend
Oh, I don't think either one of those games was remotely as close as the score shows, which is pretty bad given that the scores aren't remotely close.
Particularly the 2021 game. That one was embarrassing and deflating.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Oh, I don't think either one of those games was remotely as close as the score shows, which is pretty bad given that the scores aren't remotely close.
Particularly the 2021 game. That one was embarrassing and deflating.

Isn;t that one fo the games where (just like the Chargers game) their receivers were running wide open, with no defenders within 10 yards.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Legend
Legend
Murray has been a problem for us for sure. I hope they hold him out lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
While on one hand that sounds like great news. On the other hand let's hope he doesn't crumble the first time he gets hit like last time. That's my biggest fear in all of this. I'm worried that seeing him go out the first time someone hits him may be a rinse and repeat cycle until he's given ample time to heal up properly.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Everyone has an opinion of DW and the trade we made. I wasn't crazy about it when it transpired but I could understand why it was done and I give Jimmy Haslam, and Dee, much credit for making the deal. I still believe Jimmy's a good owner who has learned from his mistakes and honestly wants to bring a Super Bowl trophy to Cleveland. That being said, if DW leads us to ONE Super Bowl victory it will all be worth it IMO. It's not our $230 million. AS a long suffering fan I'll take it regardless about how I feel about DW's alleged personal actions. JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/04/23 09:42 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with what I posted. All I want them to do is give him time to be healthy so we don't see him get knocked out and miss even more time on the field. We saw that exact thing happen two weeks ago. If it hadn't been for that debacle he would probably be coming back healthy right now. Instead he looked terrible and was set back after being hit the first time he was on the field again. That looks to have been a terrible decision.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Martavius Bryant was just reinstated. I’d kick the tires if I’m berry

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
·
4m
#Browns left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. will go on injured reserve with an MCL injury in his right knee, coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed Monday. Not season-ending.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with what I posted. All I want them to do is give him time to be healthy so we don't see him get knocked out and miss even more time on the field. We saw that exact thing happen two weeks ago. If it hadn't been for that debacle he would probably be coming back healthy right now. Instead he looked terrible and was set back after being hit the first time he was on the field again. That looks to have been a terrible decision.

No it doesn't. It worked out just fine.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know alot of fans don't like Wills

I would take him over any option that is avaible

And those options don't look promising

Unless someone steps up and outplays

Legend
Legend
Zegura mentioned a name today to watch for the LT spot ... we signed him from the Niners practice squad

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Leroy Watson

He was signed last thursday

Legend
Legend
thanks Deisle thats it

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
I know alot of fans don't like Wills

I would take him over any option that is avaible

And those options don't look promising

Unless someone steps up and outplays

I agree.

I think part of Wills problem is a Joe Thomas problem.

For many fans the reference point is a "Joe Thomas good". If the reference point was Roman Oben, their opinion of Wills would be much different.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
that's fair. It's tough to replace or come after Thomas. To me, it also doesn't help him that Wirfs has played so well. The average fan might not even know who Wirfs is, but I can't help but always think about him on our roster instead

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Is Alex Leatherwood still on the practice squad? Seems like he could help right now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by The Big G
Is Alex Leatherwood still on the practice squad? Seems like he could help right now.

Yes he is

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think a lot of folks on this board were actually around for the early years of the current franchise but seem to forget the absolute futility we had at LT for a decade. We would have been overjoyed to have a middle of the road or even a mediocre LT. Wills isn’t probowl material but he’s been ~pretty good~ and ~fairly durable~ for most of his time here and that in itself is very valuable. LTs that can hold up and do at least an ok job in the AFCN do NOT grow on trees. We’ve had a few huge hits this season with Chubb being the obvious biggest. But losing Wills, I think, may prove to be the back breaker. We will absolutely find out over the next 2 weeks.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
let's see, I remember the days of us trotting out Roman Oben, Qasim Mitchell, Joaquin Gonzalez, Barry Stokes, Kirk Chambers, Nat Dorsey, Rex Hadnot, etc

Remember Bob Hallen? The dude who quit before a snap lol

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

It worked out fine "this time". Anyone who watched him throw the ball in that Colts game saw what it looked like. 1-5 with 1 int. and writhing in pain on the ground the first time he was hit. Yes, staring him in that Colts game was an obvious mistake.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

It worked out fine "this time". Anyone who watched him throw the ball in that Colts game saw what it looked like. 1-5 with 1 int. and writhing in pain on the ground the first time he was hit. Yes, staring him in that Colts game was an obvious mistake.

Process and result are two different things. Starting him didn't end well against the Colts. Any QB landing on his shoulder awkwardly sometimes ends poorly. If he hadn't landed on it, he could have gotten hot and been fine. It definitely appears to have been a mistake now with the advantage of hindsight. I don't think it was obvious at the time.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Peen also had that hindsight when he posted that. There is no changing the end result.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
let's see, I remember the days of us trotting out Roman Oben, Qasim Mitchell, Joaquin Gonzalez, Barry Stokes, Kirk Chambers, Nat Dorsey, Rex Hadnot, etc

Remember Bob Hallen? The dude who quit before a snap lol

There was quite a vocal group here that wanted us to sell our souls for Robert Gallery.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Peen also had that hindsight when he posted that. There is no changing the end result.

There is no changing the end result. But, you don't know the end result when you make the decision. There was an unfortunate outcome. That doesn't make the process that resulted in the decision a mistake.

Was it a mistake to play Wills now that we know he's going on IR?

Your argument just seems kind of spurious.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard