Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I had to take my dad into the hospital to see our mom .. we left right after the SF go ahead TD

Long story short, there was a lot of elation listening on the radio

How do you and your dad have the same mom?? poke 🤣

j/k... It was a good radio game.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2035021 10/15/23 05:40 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
I had to take my dad into the hospital to see our mom .. we left right after the SF go ahead TD

Long story short, there was a lot of elation listening on the radio

How do you and your dad have the same mom?? poke 🤣

j/k... It was a good radio game.
hey, don't judge our family wink haha I agree

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns are now one and one without Watson playing this year.

Get well soon.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
SU-PER BOWL, SUPER-BOWL! This is the year!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Next up is at Indy, Seattle and home against Arizona. We’ll win two of those at least.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
FATE #2035025 10/15/23 05:47 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol I missed that!

gmstrong

-----------------

T
Legend
Legend
T
Kevin head coach is still 4 and Nine, going into this year or 4 and eleven, by now, against Pitt and Baltimore.

That can't continue, they have to get better.
and next week,
the Colts, they look like a world beater, ...

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Stunning win.

The defense was sooo good. The 49ers first drive score was 30 given yards of penalties.

We lost the turnover game and won.

Headlines "Banged up 49ers lose." And we were playing a quarterback who last week came from the practice squad?

No Chubb. No Bitonio. AWok out with concussion. Tillman out.

And the 49ers were not injured until playing in the game. Check the box score. We flat beat them.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Dalvin Tomlinson was awesome today
thats why its important to have good DT's, being able to push open holes for the backers to fill creates havoc, especially when the DE's are having a tough go of it

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
after drive 1, the game looked like it might be 42-0 final

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Kevin head coach is still 4 and Nine, going into this year or 4 and eleven, by now, against Pitt and Baltimore.

That can't continue, they have to get better.
and next week,
the Colts, they look like a world beater, ...

not sure what games you watching but the colts are anything but "world beaters;" and now they have Minshew at QB, if watson is back I would expect to win this game pretty easily

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Defense and Schwartz get the game balls today by far. Schwartz had them playing extremely well today outside of the last drive where they let them get into field goal range.

The Offense is still not good. Ford has splash plays bit no vision whatsoever. No cutbacks, doesnt setup blockers that well and doesn't break a lot of tackles. It shows how elite Chubb was. I want to see Hunt as the feature back and more of Strong. Our WRs, outside of Cooper are non-existent either by the QB nor seeing them or by them not getting open. DPJ, Bell, Goodwin, and Tillman have a combined 13 receptions in 5 games.

Better hope Watson comes back soon and plays consistently well. We have a Defense that can take us into the playoffs however that is only if the Offense can quit consistently putting them in bad positions

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Fun stat. Schwartz led defenses are 8-1 against shanahan led offenses

2 members like this: oobernoober, Clemdawg
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
- Incredible team effort. A signature win.

- Had the FG been made by SF that is the type of loss that could have been devastating.

- Stefanski put together a good game plan for a back-up QB.

- Okoronkwo, JOK and Tomlinson had standout performances.

- The Browns finally have a kicker.

- David Bell with a big catch.

- Cooper with a big time catch going up to get one.

- Congrats to Emerson on his first career INT.

- The Browns absolutely have to go out and beat the Colts next week.

- Gameball to Marquise Goodwin for the backflip to closeout the game.

- Cheers to Phil Dawson for smashing the guitar to kickoff the game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by DaveyD
The Defense and Schwartz get the game balls today by far. Schwartz had them playing extremely well today outside of the last drive where they let them get into field goal range.

The Offense is still not good. Ford has splash plays bit no vision whatsoever. No cutbacks, doesnt setup blockers that well and doesn't break a lot of tackles. It shows how elite Chubb was. I want to see Hunt as the feature back and more of Strong. Our WRs, outside of Cooper are non-existent either by the QB nor seeing them or by them not getting open. DPJ, Bell, Goodwin, and Tillman have a combined 13 receptions in 5 games.

Better hope Watson comes back soon and plays consistently well. We have a Defense that can take us into the playoffs however that is only if the Offense can quit consistently putting them in bad positions

at the deadline, a trade for a legit #2 has to happen, its hard sledding with what we have now. Moore isn't anything we were led to believe and the rest are JAGs. I'd take a look at getting Adams, Jeudy, or now Jets are making Hardman available.. All would be significant upgrades. I think Mike Evans might be a potential candidate as well. I don't think TB wants to pay him

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Just watched Purdy claim the refs gave us the game. BooHoo

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Didn’t know Phil smashed the guitar. An omen perhaps? Game was decided on kicks. 😎

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Just watched Purdy claim the refs gave us the game. BooHoo

I'm sure his 44% completion and 125 yards had nothing to do with it.. They got plenty of questionable calls their way in the first half

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Didn’t know Phil smashed the guitar. An omen perhaps? Game was decided on kicks. 😎

should have put phil in a full faced shield and a hopkins jersey and sent him out to kick one for old time sakes

L
Legend
Legend
L
another fun tidbit, this is the first game that SF scored less than 30 points since dec 2022

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
And that is the reason why a Veteran Kicker is SOO IMPORTANT. Thank You Mr Hopkins

Legend
Legend
Good point .. With York, we are on the losing end today

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Originally Posted by The Big G
For once, the terrible calls went our way.
What????

The niners never should have gotten that int and play on the five yard line, because the intercepting player about body slammed Amari Cooper before he got that, and there was no flag,

The Browns, if this game were reffed right, refereed correctly, held the niners to ten points and 0 in the 2nd half.

Phantom holding call on Njoku's TD reception really PO'd me.

Legend
Legend
a key kick was the 50 yarder that pulled it to 17-16

1 member likes this: lampdogg
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Forgot to mention Hopkins. What a GREAT pickup so far!

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
[quote=Milk Man]-

- Stefanski put together a good game plan for a back-up QB. quote]

Listening to the radio postgame and I think PJ Walker mentioned that early in the week it was likely he would start so KS & Van Pelt worked long with Walker, asking him what part of the playbook he was comfortable with and devised a game plan from that.

I fond it interesting that our offence outscored the 49ers O, 19-10 ( I don't credit their offense with the 8 yard one play drive).

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I meant on that last drive by us. I thought we got a couple of questionable calls. But you’re right, we were screwed earlier on a few - as usual.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by The Big G
I meant on that last drive by us. I thought we got a couple of questionable calls. But you’re right, we were screwed earlier on a few - as usual.

I knew that. IT wasn't as much specifically directed at you, but the 49ers excusers using bad calls.

Legend
Legend
I gave us no chance to win this game,, NONE. Imagine my surprise.

I read that the SF fans are already talking about how unfair the refs were.. I guess they want them gone.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Legend
Legend
R
A signature win. I'll stop saying Stef doesn't have one.

But if he doesn't stack some from here and make the playoffs it won't matter much.

Defense was awesome until we really needed them. Disappointed they let them drive to fg range. After the Emerson PI, they kind of got soft.

Myles was quiet but you can tell they game planned him. Plus, he was going up against Williams most of the game. He did create some pressures that disrupted the 9er O.

Quietly, Okoronkwo has been a great signing. Very disruptive when he's in.

JOK is having the type of year I thought he would have his rookie year.

Njoku needs to be a bigger part of the O. This continues to be a mystery year in, year out.

I disagree with the poster who had some criticism for Ford. I think he's been a nice surprise, and I think he's only going to get better with more experience.

Let's stack some wins.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Question: Here, in the Toledo market, at 1:43 left to play, niners driving..................FOX cut in and said "due to NFL rules, we need to take you to the jets vs. philly game."

And bam, niners, second down - and off we go to ads.

Wife brought the game up on her phone, but we watched the missed kick on about a 1 1/2 inch screen. (she didn't know how to enlarge it)

Anyone else? I have a friend that was in Columbus, and he said he got to see it all on tv.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Question: Here, in the Toledo market, at 1:43 left to play, niners driving..................FOX cut in and said "due to NFL rules, we need to take you to the jets vs. philly game."

Wife brought the game up on her phone, but we watched the missed kick on about a 1 1/2 inch screen. (she didn't know how to enlarge it)

Anyone else? I have a friend that was in Columbus, and he said he got to see it all on tv.

Not sure where Myka was but he had the same issue

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
love that

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Not sure where Myka was but he had the same issue
Same thing happened to me, I’m in Orlando market. Luckily I keep an IPTV subscription for this reason

B
Legend
Legend
B
Probably the most exciting game I have seen at the stadium since we beat the Falcons in the "Run William Run" game.

Great effort by the D and the O got it done when they had to.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Same here....but I had to use ESPN gamecast and didn't see it live at all. I didn't plan on it, but I actually did watch the game today.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Pdawg
B
Legend
Legend
B

I feel for you. I have had that happen before but it was more to see the start of a falcons game, which is local market. If you got bumped to see the start of the Lions game I could understand why that might happen. Why they would cut you away for a Jets-Philly game...no telling.

Some of their broadcast rules seem kind of goofy to me, but the NFL has to have some reason

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
We'll suffice it to say "words were said".

B
Legend
Legend
B
We'll suffice it to say "words were said".

LOL...and used in combinations never before heard.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 49ers 17 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard