Originally Posted by Milk Man
Wow.
My thoughts exactly
Posted By: trashbox Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:47 PM
Yep
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:48 PM
PJ walker now knows how trent dilfer feels...lol IYKYK
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:49 PM
We showed fight, PJ threw two dumb picks but he took us down for the go-ahead score.

Great D! Ford had a couple nice runs at key times in the game, great team win. 3-2 after beating the supposed best team in football.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:50 PM
Penalties dragged this game down
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:51 PM
this is the kind of signature win that gives teams swag and propels them to better things. Lets see
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:51 PM
posting here too - totally unexpected, but great win for the Browns! wow!
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:52 PM
I can't believe we pulled that off. AWESOME WIN!!!
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:53 PM
Wow.
+1
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:53 PM
Biggest upset of the NFL season so far. Hardly anyone, including me, gave the Browns a chance. Thank you to Jim Schwartz, the defense, Hunt, Ford, and Jake Moody! GO BROWNS!!!!!
Posted By: The Collector Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:54 PM
Still sitting here going "That never happens"...

I like it...
Posted By: The Big G Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:55 PM
For once, the terrible calls went our way.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:58 PM
I can't believe we won. I've been saying for 2 weeks I thought it would be a beat down. I was wrong am glad I was and totally ECSTATIC!!!!! Tough physical game but really not well played by both teams but for once WE came out on top in a game like this!!!!!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:58 PM
That was amazing!
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 08:59 PM
We won despite Walker's horrible passing! I never want to see him dropping back again. I'd rather have DTR but I'll give Walker a (very) little bit of credit for at least not losing his nerve. The 'D' played great, especially Tomlinson and the LB'ers. Stephanski called a better game this week than last. The officiating was absolutely horrendous (for both teams). Get well soonest DW; we need you at your best next game....
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:00 PM
maybe the NFL gods gave us this win to balance out the fact we never should've lost to the scrubby steelers
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:00 PM
Maybe we did something on D to expose Brock Purdy? Maybe?
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:04 PM
THE DAWGS OF DOOM DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: TooTall Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:04 PM
Football is a game of inches, and the Browns won today by about 8 of those with what may have been a tipped FG attempt in the waning seconds of the game.

Offensive Observations:
The Jet Sweep needs to be swept from the playbook and into the trash. The Browns simply do not have the talent to make this play work.
Stinkfanski is like an alcoholic who can't resist a drink once they've generated positive effort.
The HC/OC still has the worst clock management skills in the NFL. Poor use of timeouts, giving opponents free clock killers and leaving too much time on the clock for possible comebacks.
PJ Walker was pedestrian, but it was enough. IMO Pick 1 was completely on him, Pick 2 was an uncalled PI on SF.
Amari Cooper is a stand up player.
David N'joku is under used; when he should be Target 1, Stinkfanski uses Bryant...using other teams as examples, when other teams have a #1 TE, they use them even when they're expected, and they succeed.
Jedrick Wills just needs to go home and never show his face on the field again. He can't open holes, and he can't stop holding because he gets beat.

Defensive Observations:
A very solid game except for the first SF drive and the last.
Dalvin Tomlinson was a monster today which was great since Myles was getting chipped and double teamed.
The DB's are still a bit handsy and flags flew like crazy today.
While the unit doesn't get a lot of TO's, I can accept that because they've been lights out tackling most of the time.

ST Observations:
We still don't have a return game.
Bojorquez punted well today, but there was one touchback that should've been a coffin corner spot.
D-Hop pretty much saved the game even with an early miss.

Somewhat of an Ugly win, but with a late pickup QB so much better than what was expected and I'll take the upset any day.
Browns beat the spread and won as Underdogs (There's No Need To Fear! - Wally Cox)
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by The Big G

There were terrible calls on both sides!
Posted By: WingyWhit Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:06 PM
I was tempted to bet my house when the line opened up at 5.5....
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:06 PM
It would have been a shame to lose. We won in the stats too. Great D today!!!!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:07 PM
Agree that Tomlinson had a great game, very disruptive. We got after Purdy, made his life difficult. I won’t bash PJ after he took us down the field
to take the lead. Wish he would run it, or at least slide, esp. when we needed to eat some clock.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:07 PM
Those announcers were 49ers homers. They can suck a sour lemon.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:08 PM
Glad to know the Browns coaches and players have more emotional intelligence and stable temperament than the lot on here. Going back to reread last week's posts.

Should be a doozy.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by The Collector
Still sitting here going "That never happens"...

I like it...

Same here.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:22 PM
First and foremost, and the only thing that matters: We won.

Other things:

The ref's were, uh............

First drive by SF? Didn't take long to score and embarrass our D.

However, after that drive, our d started to bring it.

The penalty on Njoku's td, hurt. The missed field goal hurt.

The O wasn't great, but good enough, especially with a practice squad qb, Bitonio out, etc.

Browns WON!
Posted By: HarleyDawg51 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:24 PM
Already have people saying the refs cost the 9ers the game. The refs didn't kick that last shanked field goal now did they? Glad he was from TTUN Ha Ha They will say it's because they lost Samuel and McCafferey....well keep in mind we were without Chubb and Watson too.
Posted By: OhioStateBrowns Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:25 PM
The other team NEVER misses the last second field goal, no idea how this good fortune has happened today.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:27 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:27 PM
I had to take my dad into the hospital to see our mom .. we left right after the SF go ahead TD

Long story short, there was a lot of elation listening on the radio
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:27 PM
We have a 3 point lead in the 4th qt. We are playing a quarterback who last week was on the practice squad.

The defense is playing lights out. We are in our territory. 4th down and knucklehead Greg Olson makes a federal case out of why we should go for it???

STFU. If KS would have gone for it; I would have called Haslam begging to fire him.

* side note.

I refused to watch the final kick. I left the sound on and went into another room and heard the call.

I cannot think of another game that I was more sure we would lose. I gave us 10% chance.

Still in shock.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:29 PM
Opposing kickers had been dynamite against us the past three seasons. The numbers were ridiculous. Until today, and today is what matters, ohiostatebrowns
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:34 PM
Same here Bone and all good points. Never thought we had a shot and that last kick, I figured he would make it no problem. So glad I was wrong on all counts.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:36 PM
What????

The niners never should have gotten that int and play on the five yard line, because the intercepting player about body slammed Amari Cooper before he got that, and there was no flag,

The Browns, if this game were reffed right, refereed correctly, held the niners to ten points and 0 in the 2nd half.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:37 PM
Dalvin Tomlinson was awesome today
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:37 PM
I thought the 49er Int that led to the final SF TD was actually PI.

A great win. Unexpected.

Those in the gameday forum should read their words.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:39 PM
JOK was awesome too
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I had to take my dad into the hospital to see our mom .. we left right after the SF go ahead TD

How do you and your dad have the same mom?? poke 🤣

j/k... It was a good radio game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by FATE

How do you and your dad have the same mom?? poke 🤣

j/k... It was a good radio game.
hey, don't judge our family wink haha I agree
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:42 PM
The Browns are now one and one without Watson playing this year.

Get well soon.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:43 PM
SU-PER BOWL, SUPER-BOWL! This is the year!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:45 PM
Next up is at Indy, Seattle and home against Arizona. We’ll win two of those at least.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:47 PM
Lol I missed that!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:49 PM
Kevin head coach is still 4 and Nine, going into this year or 4 and eleven, by now, against Pitt and Baltimore.

That can't continue, they have to get better.
and next week,
the Colts, they look like a world beater, ...
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:53 PM
Stunning win.

The defense was sooo good. The 49ers first drive score was 30 given yards of penalties.

We lost the turnover game and won.

Headlines "Banged up 49ers lose." And we were playing a quarterback who last week came from the practice squad?

No Chubb. No Bitonio. AWok out with concussion. Tillman out.

And the 49ers were not injured until playing in the game. Check the box score. We flat beat them.

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:54 PM
Dalvin Tomlinson was awesome today
thats why its important to have good DT's, being able to push open holes for the backers to fill creates havoc, especially when the DE's are having a tough go of it
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:54 PM
after drive 1, the game looked like it might be 42-0 final
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Kevin head coach is still 4 and Nine, going into this year or 4 and eleven, by now, against Pitt and Baltimore.

That can't continue, they have to get better.
and next week,
the Colts, they look like a world beater, ...

not sure what games you watching but the colts are anything but "world beaters;" and now they have Minshew at QB, if watson is back I would expect to win this game pretty easily
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:00 PM
The Defense and Schwartz get the game balls today by far. Schwartz had them playing extremely well today outside of the last drive where they let them get into field goal range.

The Offense is still not good. Ford has splash plays bit no vision whatsoever. No cutbacks, doesnt setup blockers that well and doesn't break a lot of tackles. It shows how elite Chubb was. I want to see Hunt as the feature back and more of Strong. Our WRs, outside of Cooper are non-existent either by the QB nor seeing them or by them not getting open. DPJ, Bell, Goodwin, and Tillman have a combined 13 receptions in 5 games.

Better hope Watson comes back soon and plays consistently well. We have a Defense that can take us into the playoffs however that is only if the Offense can quit consistently putting them in bad positions
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:01 PM
Fun stat. Schwartz led defenses are 8-1 against shanahan led offenses
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:03 PM
- Incredible team effort. A signature win.

- Had the FG been made by SF that is the type of loss that could have been devastating.

- Stefanski put together a good game plan for a back-up QB.

- Okoronkwo, JOK and Tomlinson had standout performances.

- The Browns finally have a kicker.

- David Bell with a big catch.

- Cooper with a big time catch going up to get one.

- Congrats to Emerson on his first career INT.

- The Browns absolutely have to go out and beat the Colts next week.

- Gameball to Marquise Goodwin for the backflip to closeout the game.

- Cheers to Phil Dawson for smashing the guitar to kickoff the game.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
The Defense and Schwartz get the game balls today by far. Schwartz had them playing extremely well today outside of the last drive where they let them get into field goal range.

The Offense is still not good. Ford has splash plays bit no vision whatsoever. No cutbacks, doesnt setup blockers that well and doesn't break a lot of tackles. It shows how elite Chubb was. I want to see Hunt as the feature back and more of Strong. Our WRs, outside of Cooper are non-existent either by the QB nor seeing them or by them not getting open. DPJ, Bell, Goodwin, and Tillman have a combined 13 receptions in 5 games.

Better hope Watson comes back soon and plays consistently well. We have a Defense that can take us into the playoffs however that is only if the Offense can quit consistently putting them in bad positions

at the deadline, a trade for a legit #2 has to happen, its hard sledding with what we have now. Moore isn't anything we were led to believe and the rest are JAGs. I'd take a look at getting Adams, Jeudy, or now Jets are making Hardman available.. All would be significant upgrades. I think Mike Evans might be a potential candidate as well. I don't think TB wants to pay him
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:08 PM
Just watched Purdy claim the refs gave us the game. BooHoo
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:09 PM
Didn’t know Phil smashed the guitar. An omen perhaps? Game was decided on kicks. 😎
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Just watched Purdy claim the refs gave us the game. BooHoo

I'm sure his 44% completion and 125 yards had nothing to do with it.. They got plenty of questionable calls their way in the first half
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Didn’t know Phil smashed the guitar. An omen perhaps? Game was decided on kicks. 😎

should have put phil in a full faced shield and a hopkins jersey and sent him out to kick one for old time sakes
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:19 PM
another fun tidbit, this is the first game that SF scored less than 30 points since dec 2022
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:22 PM
And that is the reason why a Veteran Kicker is SOO IMPORTANT. Thank You Mr Hopkins
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:25 PM
Good point .. With York, we are on the losing end today
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
What????

The niners never should have gotten that int and play on the five yard line, because the intercepting player about body slammed Amari Cooper before he got that, and there was no flag,

The Browns, if this game were reffed right, refereed correctly, held the niners to ten points and 0 in the 2nd half.

Phantom holding call on Njoku's TD reception really PO'd me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:25 PM
a key kick was the 50 yarder that pulled it to 17-16
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:31 PM
Forgot to mention Hopkins. What a GREAT pickup so far!
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 10:42 PM
[quote=Milk Man]-

- Stefanski put together a good game plan for a back-up QB. quote]

Listening to the radio postgame and I think PJ Walker mentioned that early in the week it was likely he would start so KS & Van Pelt worked long with Walker, asking him what part of the playbook he was comfortable with and devised a game plan from that.

I fond it interesting that our offence outscored the 49ers O, 19-10 ( I don't credit their offense with the 8 yard one play drive).
Posted By: The Big G Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:04 PM
I meant on that last drive by us. I thought we got a couple of questionable calls. But you’re right, we were screwed earlier on a few - as usual.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:07 PM
I meant on that last drive by us. I thought we got a couple of questionable calls. But you’re right, we were screwed earlier on a few - as usual.

I knew that. IT wasn't as much specifically directed at you, but the 49ers excusers using bad calls.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:10 PM
I gave us no chance to win this game,, NONE. Imagine my surprise.

I read that the SF fans are already talking about how unfair the refs were.. I guess they want them gone.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:23 PM
A signature win. I'll stop saying Stef doesn't have one.

But if he doesn't stack some from here and make the playoffs it won't matter much.

Defense was awesome until we really needed them. Disappointed they let them drive to fg range. After the Emerson PI, they kind of got soft.

Myles was quiet but you can tell they game planned him. Plus, he was going up against Williams most of the game. He did create some pressures that disrupted the 9er O.

Quietly, Okoronkwo has been a great signing. Very disruptive when he's in.

JOK is having the type of year I thought he would have his rookie year.

Njoku needs to be a bigger part of the O. This continues to be a mystery year in, year out.

I disagree with the poster who had some criticism for Ford. I think he's been a nice surprise, and I think he's only going to get better with more experience.

Let's stack some wins.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:25 PM
Question: Here, in the Toledo market, at 1:43 left to play, niners driving..................FOX cut in and said "due to NFL rules, we need to take you to the jets vs. philly game."

And bam, niners, second down - and off we go to ads.

Wife brought the game up on her phone, but we watched the missed kick on about a 1 1/2 inch screen. (she didn't know how to enlarge it)

Anyone else? I have a friend that was in Columbus, and he said he got to see it all on tv.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:34 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Question: Here, in the Toledo market, at 1:43 left to play, niners driving..................FOX cut in and said "due to NFL rules, we need to take you to the jets vs. philly game."

Wife brought the game up on her phone, but we watched the missed kick on about a 1 1/2 inch screen. (she didn't know how to enlarge it)

Anyone else? I have a friend that was in Columbus, and he said he got to see it all on tv.

Not sure where Myka was but he had the same issue
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:39 PM
love that
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/15/23 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Not sure where Myka was but he had the same issue
Same thing happened to me, I’m in Orlando market. Luckily I keep an IPTV subscription for this reason
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:02 AM
Probably the most exciting game I have seen at the stadium since we beat the Falcons in the "Run William Run" game.

Great effort by the D and the O got it done when they had to.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:04 AM

Same here....but I had to use ESPN gamecast and didn't see it live at all. I didn't plan on it, but I actually did watch the game today.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:14 AM

I feel for you. I have had that happen before but it was more to see the start of a falcons game, which is local market. If you got bumped to see the start of the Lions game I could understand why that might happen. Why they would cut you away for a Jets-Philly game...no telling.

Some of their broadcast rules seem kind of goofy to me, but the NFL has to have some reason
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:19 AM
We'll suffice it to say "words were said".
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:21 AM
We'll suffice it to say "words were said".

LOL...and used in combinations never before heard.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:23 AM
Can Kevin Stefanski win either of the next two games?

They are at Indianapolis and at Seattle.

I don't think the Browns with this Head Coach can win either one of them, but,

What do you expect.

A road AFC game and a road NFC game, two more games in October.

They almost lost today, they lost to Atlanta last year, I don't think the Head Coach can put together back to back wins esp. against motivated teams.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:41 AM
It’s very simple up here in Canada to watch the Browns games. I don’t even have to call the TV folks to renew, I’m locked in. they charge me around $250 per season and I’m good to go. None of that buffering BS, either
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:44 AM
Jc...

Anyone notice on the Hunt TD rush...watch David Bell pancake Fred Warner...superb block right there
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:45 AM
yes there were like 3-4 really good blocks on that play
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:47 AM
Same here, the cut away to the Fox game of the week... yeah.

I am pretty stoked about misfortune happening to the other team.

We can pull out the line... Defense wins championships....

It's early. Long schedule.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:53 AM
I missed seeing that block, but now that you mention it, Kareem had an easy road to the end zone, didn’t he? Would have been cooler if it was a shovel pass from Harrison for the TD throw. wink
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:56 AM
Same here but they did a split screen for the kick with audio
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:50 AM
Anyone have an explanation on the lack of effort and tackling on the Brandon Aiyuk 25yd pass play late in the 4th Quarter.

https://www.nfl.com/games/49ers-at-browns-2023-reg-6?active-tab=highlights
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:55 AM

Same story in the TOL market.

It's FOX... and we live too close to DET.
This crap screws us at least 2-3 times/year.
I've been bitching about this for decades. It's all kinds of messed-up.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:09 AM
Thought we had zero chance to win... very pleasantly surprised... way to go Browns!
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:16 AM
Don't hear Dawand Jones name called much, especially in a negative connotation. He is doing a fine job in filling in for Conklin. What a massive man; he towers over everyone on the field. A very good draft pick....
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:18 AM
I missed seeing that block, but now that you mention it, Kareem had an easy road to the end zone, didn’t he? Would have been cooler if it was a shovel pass from Harrison for the TD throw. wink
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:20 AM
It’s very simple up here in Canada to watch the Browns games. I don’t even have to call the TV folks to renew, I’m locked in. they charge me around $250 per season and I’m good to go. None of that buffering BS, either

Same here in SW Ontario, lamp. Each year I purchase the Sunday Ticket package for close to the price you mentioned. Any game I want.....
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:21 AM
Beauty. Thanks!
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:30 AM
Just got back from the game about an hour ago. What a fun time! Wow we're there a lot of SF fans there, more opposing fans than any game I've been to and I've been to most over the past 20 years.
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

Same here in SW Ontario, lamp. Each year I purchase the Sunday Ticket package for close to the price you mentioned. Any game I want.....

I also got kicked out, YouTube TV instantly unblocked the game so I got to see it in real time. Direct TV used to take several minutes to unblock.

Unfortunately even though it said it was recording, it isn't there so I can't see the end again. The only recording cuts out and shows a bunch of the other game, but there isn't another shorter recording even though it showed it was. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow.

Ironically if I watch key plays, what should be the final missed kick is a random play of the Bucs game.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:40 AM
Why they would cut you away for a Jets-Philly game...no telling.

It was NYJ/PHI for only about 10 seconds, as the network glitched... and then began broadcasting the scheduled 'NFL Game of the Week': DET at TB (two 1st-place conference teams).

It was announced that it was some contractual obligation (or words to that effect).

And then... the guillotine blade came slicing down.
"Slllllllllthhht!!! ka-THUNK. No more Browns.

Baker and the Bucs with Detroit in town. National coverage.

Bro- it was like suffering whiplash from a 20 MPH rear-ender.

Brutal.

"The life of a Browns Fan"
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by ~Con~Artist~
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

I also got kicked out, YouTube TV instantly unblocked the game so I got to see it in real time. Direct TV used to take several minutes to unblock.

Unfortunately even though it said it was recording, it isn't there so I can't see the end again. The only recording cuts out and shows a bunch of the other game, but there isn't another shorter recording even though it showed it was. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow.

Ironically if I watch key plays, what should be the final missed kick is a random play of the Bucs game.

There should be a replay on NFL Network.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:47 AM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:52 AM
oh
The @Browns have allowed 1,002 yards this season, the 3rd-fewest by a team through its first 5 games of a season since 1970.

Only the 1971 Baltimore Colts (836 yards allowed) and the 1970 Minnesota Vikings (945) allowed fewer. October 15, 2023

QB Brock Purdy , 44% completion for 125 yards, one touchdown, one interception and sacked three time
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:57 AM
I am sure Mo Hurst was the happiest man on the field after playing for SF.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 07:10 AM
Doesn't it feel good? How many dozens of games in the last 20 years have we lost in those situations - probably in either teams shoes: CLE loses because the other team drives and makes the FG or CLE loses because we drive and miss the FG. Ditto with the generous penaltis that kept the game alive.

Definitely a signature win. A really well coached team and solid well prepared gameplan.

The play where Hunt scores and is shown above - my favorite play of the game and a little bit of KS magic, lining up with Bryant under center and the entire world thinking a sneak was coming because that's what we've been doing consistently. Kudos where it's due.

Aside from a couple interceptions, one more inexplicable than the other, Walker actually played well and threw the ball well, especially on the move (untill he missed receivers on the last drive). I don't agree with whoever was calling for DTR. The difference in their ability to lead the team was night and day - but hoping DW is back next week.

Ford and Hunt both ran well. I said I liked Ford and some of what he showed in week 1 and I still do.

Cooper is still an amazing, consumate WR that is just great at running routes and catching the damn ball. I wish he would show a little more emotion when he gets held - ticky tacky stuff happens to him constantly.

The defense - well the defense is really good. It's legit. It's going to keep us in every game. Literally can't say enough.

With all that said - and I mentioned this before last weeks game - KS has pulled out unexpected wins in bad situations before.... and then the next week or 2 weeks later the team laid an egg on an uber crucial game. It's happened multiple times. That needs to change. The division is pretty open - Ravens have to play miami and 49ers and if I was a betting man I'd say that there 49ers will extract a little revenge on the AFC North when they meet, I also think we will beat them next time we meet. Browns keep winning and gather momentum and we'll be playoff bound. Lose to the Colts or Seahwaks or Cardinals - all games we will be favorites - and it makes the playoffs a remote possibility.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

That is my thinking. Just from a broadcast perspective, Toledo is more a Detroit market v a Cleveland market. How the NFL and networks come up with AFC and NFC tv rights, who knows??
Posted By: mac Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:20 AM

I've also bitched to the local Toledo stations for years about which games should have priority and every time, the Toledo stations point to the NFL as the sole decider of what games their station will be shown in the Toledo area.

Discussion of the issue ends when I attempt to find a source with the NFL that I can address the issue with. The NFL absolutely refuses to talk to Browns fans about what games will be shown by Toledo stations. I even attempted to reach out to the Browns for some help to find someone from the NFL to discuss the matter...I get crickets from the Cleveland Browns.

My situation, Toledo stations broadcast into areas that are closer to Cleveland than any other location such as Detroit or Cinci. For over 60 yrs, our location (the fan base) has been Browns Territory. Only the last 10 yrs or so have locations such as ours been force fed Lions and Bengals football.

To even attempt to find a solution you have to find SOMEONE/ANYONE from the NFL who gives a crap about Browns fans.

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:32 AM
Great win and game plan for the Browns!

Defense continues to prove itself as one of the best, if not THE best, unit in the NFL. Great individual performances by Tomlinson, Okoronkwo, JOK. And congrats to Emerson for his first INT. This defense shut down the SF in the second half (of course injuries the injuries to CMC and Samuel helped) but still, Purdy was rattled and the defense really focused on bringing pressure on early downs to disrupt their offensive approach.

We were playing against a great 49er defense, but thought there is still some interior issues on our OL with Teller and Pocic (managing an injury). Of the names I expected to hear/see more of as a result of bad plays from the OL, I noticed them more than Wills, Dunn, and Jones.

I feel like I'm seeing Ford get a little better each week. Ford seems to be able to kick into another gear with speed and has a bit of deceptive strength to break some tackles and get to the next level. Hunt played well. Hunt started off slow but ramped up as the game went on. If he looked slow and rusty again, I wouldn't have been surprised if he would be released for someone else. I think he pushed that notion away and it getting back into game form despite the mileage.

I think Shanahan had no clue the game was going to be this challenging for him. Seeing him fuming every time the camera panned to him was evidence of how tilted he became. Throwing three straight times on their second to last drive to give us the ball back without needing to use any of our timeouts was evidence of that. He was rattled and thought this game would have probably been over by sometime in the first half.

I thought the refs were terrible for both teams. Probably one of the worst I've seen. Not just bad here and there, but consistently bad all game long.

Whoever was the guy doing the broadcast with Olsen seemed to get player's names wrong with regularity. I thought he sucked.

Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:39 AM
"Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers."

Where are the pitchforks now?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:40 AM
Someone made a good point ... the Niners were so good when they were still on their script, but as soon as they were off of it and we adjusted ... they were clamped. Hats off to our staff and defense
Posted By: mac Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:43 AM
As for the game...WE WILL TAKE AN UGLY WIN every week of the seasons in an effort to make up for just some of the heartbreak we have suffered.

When the SF kicker was lining up for that final kick, I wondered if he noticed how that flag to the left of the goal post was blowing from left to right.

Just as our previous kicker failed to consider how the wind affects the ball about half way to the goal post when kicking in that direction...the 9ers rookie witnessed how the ball can get pushed to the right of the goal post.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:46 AM
Yeah, the wind is so weird in the stadium on days like yesterday. It truly depends on the exact moment you kick
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:10 PM
Fantastic win, no doubt.

- I have been hearing a lot about how SF lost Samuel and CMC, two of the best in the game. Well, we did not have Chubb, Bitonio, or Conklin, each towards the top of the league at their position. And also on our 3rd QB.

- Were there some questionable calls? Yes. Both ways? Yes, though few seem to mention that. If you're looking for sympathy over officiating, we are not the fan base to come to.

- Our D is legit. They did little on that first SF drive, except for 30 yards in penalties. But their adjusted and tightened up. After that first drive, they had one really bad play, on that last drive. Short pass that turned into a seminar on how not to tackle in the open field and they ended up in FG range. I thought that was game. That's the thing with close games, all it takes is one play to swing it.

- One TD drive they started on the 8. Hard to pin that on the D.

- QB Walker made some really poor decisions.

- Cannot remember when an opposing kicker missed a game-winning attempt against us.

- When the schedule came out, I think most of us would be happy to be 3-2 at this point. The Steeler game still rankles me. Bryant volleyballing that first pass of the game into a Pit TD. That was the difference.

- Speaking of Bryant, that was a great play call on the Hunt TD. Bryant had lined up at QB a few times on short yardage and has always been successful. Crossing that up with the pitch to Hunt was not was SF was expecting. Genius.

- I had heard that Jim Schwartz's defenses are now something like 6-1 against Kyle Shanahan's offenses.

- Victory Monday!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:20 PM
Cap - I think Schwartz is even like 9-1 against Shanahan, which is crazy

Another thought: don't be surprised if our game at Seattle gets flexed to SNF (it is currently the Bears at the Chargers) ... those games could easily get swapped
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:26 PM
- Speaking of Bryant, that was a great play call on the Hunt TD. Bryant had lined up at QB a few times on short yardage and has always been successful. Crossing that up with the pitch to Hunt was not was SF was expecting. Genius.

Yeah, but if it didn't work, we'd be hearing the exact opposite about Stefanski tries to be too cute! or Stefanski should have just called a run!.....especially if we lost. That's the way it goes.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:36 PM
Browns -2 @ Indianapolis

Over/Under 39.5.

I would expect the over/under to go up if Watson plays. Maybe the spread too.
Posted By: Swish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:39 PM
Jc

Shout out to the best defense in the league!!!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pdawg

It's nice to see Jed actually knock some people around. I think he shocked the DE back enough that his foot got tangled with the LB, then Jed got another block at the 2nd level.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:45 PM
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
58m
#Browns defense is ranked 1st in the NFL in efficiency. The offense is ranked 30th.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:46 PM
and we currently have a 51% chance to make the playoffs ...

Swing games will be: Indy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Houston, NY Jets, Cincinnati
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 12:48 PM
Jason Lloyd
@ByJasonLloyd
·
10h
The Browns have been 9-point underdogs or more an NFL-leading 76 times since 1999. Sunday was just the sixth time they actually won.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:05 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:08 PM
unreal
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:16 PM
George Kittle.

One Catch. One Yard.

JOK and others.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:20 PM
Kittle was so concerned about chipping and protecting that it really limited their offense ... then take away Deebo and CMC, and they were bottled up
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 01:37 PM
Yep. It seemed like the game plan was for him to take one for the team. Game plans can't plan for injury. In the end, no Samuel doesn't mean you can stop protecting your QB.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:08 PM
I will admit that I did not think the Browns had a chance in this game. I thought the 49ers were a lock at -4.5. I lost money because of that thought. I am FINE with it.

Having said that, the Browns got lucky for once. Be it a questionable call, a dropped pass or a missed FG, the Browns WON. Yes, CMC and Deebo going out helped. But the D played really well after their first drive and the offense did enough to win the game.

Not many thought the Browns would win (including me) but at 3-2 I think a lot of us are pretty happy. Would be nice to go on a run before the next round of division games. We should be at least 5-3 (Seattle away always seems to be tough) but I can see the Browns being 6-2 before heading to Baltimore.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:08 PM
My thought: if you come out trying to be chippy at the beginning of the game and throw your weight around, you should probably win the game.

Oops...
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:13 PM
Before this week I had never heard of PJ Walker.

His first pass to Cooper was Wednesday.

It was not like he played great, but he outplayed Purdy.

A guy who had not thrown an int. A guy who had not lost a regular season game. On a team that had won 15 straight regular games.

So, now every team has at least one loss. We have two.

Where are the pitchforks now? Have to dig deep to find something to be miserable about.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish

Where are the pitchforks now? Have to dig deep to find something to be miserable about.

Winning feels good, but nobody has to dig any deeper than they did last week. There are still issues galore with this offense and they are real and legitimate reasons to be upset, and it begins with that other QB. Furthermore, one LUCKY win against a team in another conference doesn't wipe out two terrible losses to division rivals.

Winning feels good, but it doesn't erase anything.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Yeah, but if it didn't work, we'd be hearing the exact opposite about Stefanski tries to be too cute! or Stefanski should have just called a run!.....especially if we lost. That's the way it goes.

Not really - and KS did run it.

Is your post trying to suggest that Stefanski hasn't shown a history of trying to be too cute in his time as HC of CLE? I mean you only have to look at the interception we had, and the first play after that when we were inside their territory -- the return of the play that hasn't worked once in a half dozen plus times it's been called - a end around with Moore running backwards losing ground. What happened on the next 3 plays? I think we gave a penalty, then incompletions and a punt .... I don't know if that's KS getting cute or just being stupid. I mean we're supposed to be an analytics driven team - or we use analytics a lot - how many times does the same play have to lose yardage and never work before you scrap it?

I don't get the trolling of other posters who don't think Stefanski is a good HC. I mean we've got 4 years of Stefanski under performing. We've got one great win vs the 49ers and you want to act like it proves something?

When Joe Woods was the DC and we criticized him and Stefanski - posters like you rushed to Stefanski's defense to say he wasn't responsible for the D.... well guess what, that cuts two ways. Schwartz is the single biggest reason this team won on Sunday and if Stefanski took no blame for Woods he doesn't get any credit for Schwartz. Unless Stefanski guides this team to the playoffs and avoids laying more eggs as he has shown many many times in previous seasons when we thought we were on the right track then this game means absolutely diddly squat no matter how good it feels this week.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 02:56 PM
Lucky?

Look at the box score.

We played the game with a quarterback from the practice squad.

What about how KS cannot adjust? Can't get the most from players?

Find a way to be miserable. The best defense in football.

DW has played in 3 games. The record is 3-2.

It is ok to enjoy a win without finding misery.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:11 PM
j/c

Had SF made that very-make-able FG, the tone in here would be dramatically different. Nice to win one ugly and lucky for a change...and with ref help at that.

Two things that bother/intrigue me:

At the end of the game, SF managed to get into FG range a little too easily for my liking;

Have we always had pass-cathers that/so wide open throughout the year? If so, we have left a lot of plays on the field...If not, what did we do differently to make that so?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:11 PM
https://x.com/BaldyNFL/status/1713928596052492663?s=20
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:24 PM
Love Baldy “but the big man can dance” 😂
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888

Not really - and KS did run it.

Is your post trying to suggest that Stefanski hasn't shown a history of trying to be too cute in his time as HC of CLE? I mean you only have to look at the interception we had, and the first play after that when we were inside their territory -- the return of the play that hasn't worked once in a half dozen plus times it's been called - a end around with Moore running backwards losing ground. What happened on the next 3 plays? I think we gave a penalty, then incompletions and a punt .... I don't know if that's KS getting cute or just being stupid. I mean we're supposed to be an analytics driven team - or we use analytics a lot - how many times does the same play have to lose yardage and never work before you scrap it?

I don't get the trolling of other posters who don't think Stefanski is a good HC. I mean we've got 4 years of Stefanski under performing. We've got one great win vs the 49ers and you want to act like it proves something?

When Joe Woods was the DC and we criticized him and Stefanski - posters like you rushed to Stefanski's defense to say he wasn't responsible for the D.... well guess what, that cuts two ways. Schwartz is the single biggest reason this team won on Sunday and if Stefanski took no blame for Woods he doesn't get any credit for Schwartz. Unless Stefanski guides this team to the playoffs and avoids laying more eggs as he has shown many many times in previous seasons when we thought we were on the right track then this game means absolutely diddly squat no matter how good it feels this week.

Hey, mgh. Not comfortable speaking for Memphis, but the way I took the response was a comment on fans and hindsight. Since the play worked everyone will say it was a good play call. Had it not, then fans would say it was a stupid play call. I know people like that, who can’t separate the play call from execution. Sometimes a great play call doesn’t pan out because the players don’t execute.

Again, I could be wrong about what Memphis meant.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:27 PM
If you cannot recognize that we were LUCKY to win that game, there's nothing more to discuss.

It took, literally, what is potentially one of the best defenses of ALL TIME and then we STILL needed their kicker to miss an incredibly average and makeable FG attempt in order to win.
We were LUCKY.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:33 PM
Don't make excuses or apoligize for victories.

The Browns won the game and made arguably the best team in the league look pedestrian.

There was some good defense played yesterday.

7 of their points were given by the int.

Browns offense has given up at least 21 due to turnovers.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:42 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:49 PM
we desperately need Watson to get back into the fold ... our offense simply can't generate enough points (or even stave off another team's defense) on a consistent basis
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 03:54 PM
JC...

-Was Deshaun Watson even on the sidelines with the team? I kept looking for him, but never saw him...I did miss some portions of the game.

-I watched PJ Walker back in his Carolina days, played pretty poorly (bonehead throws, lack of accuracy) but did make some throws. His absolute ceiling is Tyrod Taylor, if if he makes it that far.

-Not saying Delpit played bad, he just seemed to be avoiding contact imo...usually he's crashing down.

-DPJ and Bell had a few nice blocks I noticed.

-Wills didn't seem as bad, despite going up against the elite of elite defensive fronts.

-We need to cut down on the penalties.

-Dunn seemed to do a good job filling in for Joel.

-Can we have Jalen Darden return punts already? I remember he showed big potential as a returner coming out of North Texas.

-Aaron Banks seemed to own Jordan Elliot

-Huge win, in all honesty...I didn't expect it. But glad we escaped with a win, as in normal fashion...we all expected it go wrong at the very end.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:00 PM
-Was Deshaun Watson even on the sidelines with the team? I kept looking for him, but never saw him...I did miss some portions of the game.

Yes. They showed him working with Walker & coaches in-between offensive series a couple of times.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:02 PM
Did we miss a field goal?

Check the box score. Nothing left to discuss.

What about you are your record?

Is the defense from Cleveland?

No go ahead enjoy being miserable. You have company.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:04 PM

Yes. They showed him working with Walker & coaches in-between offensive series a couple of times.

He actually looked like he was doing some coach work with a sense of urgency and diligence.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:15 PM

He actually looked like he was doing some coach work with a sense of urgency and diligence.

Agreed.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:25 PM
Yeah, Deshaun was there and did seem engaged. You could tell that Walker was much more "coached up" and ready than DTR was last game
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:25 PM
j/c…

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:27 PM
thats awesome
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
If you cannot recognize that we were LUCKY to win that game, there's nothing more to discuss.

It took, literally, what is potentially one of the best defenses of ALL TIME and then we STILL needed their kicker to miss an incredibly average and makeable FG attempt in order to win.
We were LUCKY.

The Browns were lucky that the niners missed that last field goal. I agree. The Niners were lucky to even have that chance to kick the game winner.

The Browns out gained them offensively 331 to 215. Had a TD called back and missed a makable 47-yard field goal themselves.

There is a line that I have heard many times by NFL coaches after they retire and that is most games are lost by a team and not won. Make plays and let the other team beat themselves. Both teams tried to beat themselves and the Browns made enough plays to win. Bottom line they were in position to win if the kick was missed, and it was.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:33 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:34 PM
I love Brissett
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 04:39 PM
Great game-its nice to be on this end for once and listen to all the squealer fans I work with complaining that the officials gave us the game.

I had on WKNR this morning and they had Rodney McLeod on this morning and they asked him-so the coaches gave you off till Wednesday, what are you going to do. And his reply was "the defense talked amongst ourselves and we decided to come in on our own as a group and lift and start going over film."

nice, on your own time coming in and bonding as a group and keep working on getting better
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 05:13 PM
I'll start with one important fact. It's better to win ugly than lose pretty.

We won. My first observation is this. Both watson and Chubb are out. The 9'ers started out moving the ball pretty well with their healthy play makers on the filed. Then, just like us, they lost two of their best O play makers. CM and Deebo. Isn't it odd how their O looked just as human as ours when the playing field was level on the injury front in regards to their O play makers? Things that make you go hmmmm.... for $500 Alex.

With that said, let's look at how the 49'ers other opponents have faired producing points against them. Week 1 The Steelers put up 7 points against their D. Week 2 the Rams managed 23. In week 3 the Giants managed to score 12. In week 4 the Cardinals scored 16. In week 5 the Cowboys managed to score a whopping 10 points against the 9'ers D.

This week? With an XFL QB and no Chubb, our O managed to put up 19 points against that same D. Maybe a little context will be helpful for some people.

As with the overwhelming number of posters on this board, I gave the Browns no chance to win this one. I was wrong. I'd like to give some credit to bone who seemed to be one of the very few to give this team a chance.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 05:16 PM
I agree ... bone gave us a glimmer of hope in a dark world. I didnt know too many people who gave us any shot
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 05:22 PM
Sheesh.

Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 05:43 PM
1 thing I forgot to mention: I didn't even watch the game in my garage. I expected a blow out. No sense using the shotgun and air horn - just a waste. I didn't even put on a jersey. Just a Browns sweatshirt.

And, after SF's first drive, I knew what the outcome would be. I was defeated. Just watching the wreck of what was to come.

I'm glad the team, and especially the D, didn't feel that way. And it would've been easy for them to just call it in. They didn't call it in.

Were we lucky to win? Yes. Were the refs poor? yes, but for once they were poor for both teams. Yes, we were lucky to win, no doubt. Our O needs serious help, really.

Were the niners without 2 players? Eh, we were without a starting qb, starting guard, starting running back.

Bottom line, the TEAM won. Don't poo poo that. It was a W, under the rules of the league. We won, they lost.

Now, get healthier, and get better.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 05:45 PM
You are right - but I coupled that comment with the "Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers." - the two comments together read like a pretty decent poke at other posters. Maybe I miss it but when there are negative posters I don't see them taking a swipe at other positive posters.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 05:47 PM
the defensive stats are wild! ... obviously those numbers will come back to earth a bit, but still impressive
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:05 PM
I don't think their kicker knows about the "Dawson flag" that was put up to aid kickers in the tricky wind of Cleveland stadium.

Phil had to be smiling.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:08 PM
Honestly, the glimmer was more like a flicker.

The cards were so stacked against us. The one thing was this defense. The numbers do not lie.

The first game against the Bengals showed me what I had hoped but had not seen.

I knew Woods was playing the wrong scheme for the players on the team. Our corners were man coverage guys. Really good at that.

We are not doing anything special. We are playing a four man front for the most part. The difference is the push. Watch the LOS.

We are moving the LOS backwards. Our front is getting upfield. We are filling with different guys. Sometime JOK. Sometimes Delpit. Walker and Taki are in on the run not fighting guards to make plays. The rush is coming from the whole front. I love it.

What is sad is that Ford and Kareem are nowhere near Nick. KS adapted. He used Hunt in screens. He added power with Harris and TE's to get the space for Ford. Neither Ford nor Hunt have the "go button" Nick has. There were holes I saw that Nick would have exploded through.

In order for the Browns to really be "in it." It is going to take DW. The defense is so good they will continue to give the chance.

But it will come down to DW to put us in contention for any type of deep run.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:14 PM
Someone made a good point ... the Niners were so good when they were still on their script, but as soon as they were off of it and we adjusted ... they were clamped. Hats off to our staff and defense

Along these lines, I was pleasantly surprised that our defense adjusted to be even better and our offense didn't fall off a cliff after the half.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:33 PM

We were LUCKY.

FWIW, I see it as a blend of the points both of you are trying to make. This defense is LEGIT in that they were able to hold the 9'ers in check almost all game. But while there's no taking that away from them, we also see what can happen when 1 unit has to shoulder the entire burden of getting the win (the D showing a crack or two on a whopping 2 plays to let the 9'ers into FG range for what should've been a makeable kick).

We were lucky to win, but the fact that we were even in the position lends credence to this D being SB-caliber.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:43 PM

He may not have been as readily discernible because i think he had a face mask on (weather version, not COVID version).
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:46 PM

Agreed.

Multiple times in fact the TV showed him.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05

He may not have been as readily discernible because i think he had a face mask on (weather version, not COVID version).

I thought it was easy to spot him because early on I thought " why do you have a mask on, it's not under 40 degrees.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 06:54 PM
In the end there is no luck.

We can say the Steelers were lucky. But we lost the game. Field goals and xtra points are missed.

Ref's make horrible calls. Sometimes it goes only way. Other times both ways. Judgement calls change games.

When you look at the box score. We outplayed them. We gained more yardage. We held them to less yardage. And we lost the turnover game.

The Score Board counts and tells the story of the team that won the game.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
You are right - but I coupled that comment with the "Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers." - the two comments together read like a pretty decent poke at other posters. Maybe I miss it but when there are negative posters I don't see them taking a swipe at other positive posters.

Was that from a separate post? I did not see that.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 07:20 PM
Yes, we were lucky to win, no doubt.

Yes. And had SF won the same could have been said about that. Lucky. Starting one drive at the 8, thanks to a non-call on a PI.

And we did out gain them on offense.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 07:24 PM
That's why I keep saying it was a W. The rest matters, but not as much as a W.

Now, this week, get better.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober

Along these lines, I was pleasantly surprised that our defense adjusted to be even better and our offense didn't fall off a cliff after the half.
I guess you were not listening to the announcers. They were saying the exact opposite. They were saying the 9rs could go off script at will depending on the game and be just as good with any type of game needed that day.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 07:47 PM
On any given Sunday. 49’s lost a game they should have won and the Browns won one the should have lost. Next.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by dawglover05

I thought it was easy to spot him because early on I thought " why do you have a mask on, it's not under 40 degrees.

He famously hates the cold. I remember reading that among the most important considerations of his decision to reject the Browns initially was that he hates the cold, and snow in particular. Nothing a good regular cold water plunge regimen can’t cure. I love it! And it makes the winter much more tolerable.

Also, for all the people who post about how the NFL hates Cleve and the refs are in the pocket of all the nefarious forces that want to see Cleve lose, today’s reffing was a pretty strong repudiation of that. Remember it the next time things don’t go out way.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 08:56 PM
Also, for all the people who post about how the NFL hates Cleve and the refs are in the pocket of all the nefarious forces that want to see Cleve lose

Went on a SF message board and they were saying the same. Reading it felt glorious.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 09:30 PM
When you look inside this game and see some of the great plays made by Browns players.

It is something else. Watch Baldy's breakdowns. Jones against Bosa.

The design of the Hunt score. The plays JOK made. Emerson and the man coverage by the corners. The kicks made because Hopkins was brought in to replace York.

Calling this win lucky is an insult.
Posted By: VA49er Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:01 PM
49er fan here just dropping by to say congratulations and hell of a good game by the browns. Their d is as legit as the stats say. Browns bullied the bullies. Punched the niners in the mouth in all phases. They are building something special over there. You guys deserve to celebrate this win. Good luck the rest of the season.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by VA49er
49er fan here just dropping by to say congratulations and hell of a good game by the browns. Their d is as legit as the stats say. Browns bullied the bullies. Punched the niners in the mouth in all phases. They are building something special over there. You guys deserve to celebrate this win. Good luck the rest of the season.

Class act thumbsup
Thanks
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:09 PM
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
58m
#Browns defense is ranked 1st in the NFL in efficiency. The offense is ranked 30th.

Imagine if we had a Schwartz equivalent on the Offensive side of the ball. ooo
Posted By: mac Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:13 PM
It is something else. Watch Baldy's breakdowns. Jones against Bosa.

Bosa's high point was a late in the game sack when the Browns right side did not slide their blocking assignments to pick up Bosa who was unblocked. I thought Jones did an exceptional job on Bosa.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:17 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Also, for all the people who post about how the NFL hates Cleve and the refs are in the pocket of all the nefarious forces that want to see Cleve lose, today’s reffing was a pretty strong repudiation of that. Remember it the next time things don’t go out way.

Even though we want to say otherwise, NFL officiating is just bad in general. Saying that they intentionally are screwing over one team or another is giving them way too much credit.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:47 PM

We were LUCKY.

Luck is a part of the game.

Any way you cut it, we won the game. We have had some unlucky losses and when people point that out, the retort is we still lost.

WTF??
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:51 PM
Just a general comment about the penalties called....I suspect the skirmish before the game prompted the refs to call things close. A few players were lucky to not be thrown out pre-game.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:55 PM
Purp we were starting a PS QB and we had Nick on the bench not to mention 2 O-lineman out. A little luck OK but the odds were really stacked against us going into this game. How many times did we get some bad luck over the years and lost games we should have won? Too many for me to remember. We need a lot more games like yesterday to even up that score!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 10:56 PM
Refreshing comments.

Hell we have fans who refuse to see anything but doom and gloom.

Thanks for dropping in. The niners are a really good team. Purdy was a great find.

Good luck with your season.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Purp we were starting a PS QB and we had Nick on the bench not to mention 2 O-lineman out. A little luck OK but the odds were really stacked against us going into this game. How many times did we get some bad luck over the years and lost games we should have won? Too many for me to remember. We need a lot more games like yesterday to even up that score!

Just a comment, we can't keep pointing to Nick on the bench. He is out, period. That is over at this point. He is on the bench and on the bench for a good while. We can't keep pointing that out.

He is not on the team as far as I am concerned.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/16/23 11:13 PM
I've been watching clips/commentary on and off all day long ... lots of praise going our way
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 12:39 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 12:45 AM
Njoku, badly burned, and called questionable to even play, playued 63 snaps.

Unbelievable. I have mad respect for the man.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:48 AM
Njoku has been such a steady player for us. He's been here like 8 years already and has rarely missed
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:56 AM
Seems like a guy who isn’t used enough considering his athletic ability. When he gets a chance to turn upfield, he’s tough to bring down. Props to him for gutting it out after burning his face.

He gets criticized but he is, after all these years, almost true Browns family now.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:56 AM
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 02:32 AM

Even though we want to say otherwise, NFL officiating is just bad in general. Saying that they intentionally are screwing over one team or another is giving them way too much credit.

I agree NFL refs are awful in general. Yet, there are certainly times it feels almost malicious towards the Browns. The play they had to bring on the chains to measure was ridiculous. They gave us a bad spot, tilted the stick away, still had the nose of the ball at the stick, and called it short anyway. Fortunately, it seems the league office told the on site guys that no they couldn't screw us that obviously, and they needed to make some bad calls the other way to make their bias less apparent.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 02:55 AM
That was a weird spot/measurement.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Just a general comment about the penalties called....I suspect the skirmish before the game prompted the refs to call things close. A few players were lucky to not be thrown out pre-game.

Watching Ward's and Mcleod's pressers yesterday, they both said the 9ers disrespected them and "we will not tolerate any disrespect".

I love that kind of toughness.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 10:41 AM
I've been watching clips/commentary on and off all day long ... lots of praise going our way

Especially the D.

It's getting to the point where everyone is just kind of conceding the D is legit.

I think opposing teams have scored on the Browns on short fields at least four times this season due to turnovers by the offense. Imagine if that didn't happen.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Watching Ward's and Mcleod's pressers yesterday, they both said the 9ers disrespected them and "we will not tolerate any disrespect".

I love that kind of toughness.

I am not putting anything down. I get you need to stand your ground and don't even know who started things. I am just commenting why I think there were a ton of penalties called.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 12:33 PM
Njoku has been such a steady player for us. He's been here like 8 years already and has rarely missed

Just wish he'd get targeted more, especially in the RZ.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:24 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:30 PM
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
2m
#Browns week 7 power rankings:

ESPN: 8th
CBS Sports: 10th
Yahoo: 9th
USA Today: 11th
PFT: 12th
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

I agree NFL refs are awful in general. Yet, there are certainly times it feels almost malicious towards the Browns. The play they had to bring on the chains to measure was ridiculous. They gave us a bad spot, tilted the stick away, still had the nose of the ball at the stick, and called it short anyway. Fortunately, it seems the league office told the on site guys that no they couldn't screw us that obviously, and they needed to make some bad calls the other way to make their bias less apparent.

I've got a great set-up in my office garage...(9) TVs...lots of people come over to watch the games...usually 60-70% Browns fans. Most every non-Browns-fan who regularly joins us now frequently comments about the calls that we get against us (even Steeler & Bengal fans)...it's almost validation for our complaining as every team thinks their team gets the shaft. My Bengal fan buddy lost his mind on that 1st down "spot"...tells you something.

That said, even I think we got the better end of the ref-shafting this weekend.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:42 PM

Anyone know what software / website is being used here?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 01:49 PM
Great detail to highlight play concepts and design.

It is important to note that the first pass PJ Walker had thrown to Cooper was Wednesday.

PJ is going to turn it over. He will learn some things with added practice. However, he is not sustainable at quarterback.

Having had two rotator cuff surgeries that were partial tears. Your arm is useless. I don't know what DW is experiencing.

Inflammation in the area can be treated with a steroid shot. I have had that experience many times. It is kinda hit and miss.

Sometimes relief is fast. Other times it takes time for the swelling to go away.

We need DW to get well. The saving grace is the defense. But we cannot continue to turn the ball over obviously.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 02:21 PM

Anyone know what software / website is being used here?

I was thinking the same when watching the video.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 02:36 PM

Zegura looks like he is crying.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 02:49 PM
I love that
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 02:56 PM

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 03:03 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 03:04 PM
Just a comment, we can't keep pointing to Nick on the bench. He is out, period. That is over at this point. He is on the bench and on the bench for a good while. We can't keep pointing that out.

Yes, you can selectively leave out facts that have a huge impact on the team if you so choose to. You can also leave out the fact that our starting QB was playing in the XFL the last time he took a snap. I mean that doesn't change that they are both facts and that has a huge negative impact on the talent the Browns have available to put on the field come game day. But sure, just leave that out and don't mention it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 03:06 PM
thanks Memphis ... I was looking for that
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 03:21 PM

I think this is the sentiment from a lot of analysts and sports journalists types I follow. And not just as it pertains to the Browns, but the NFL overall. I don't know how long ago, maybe it was heading into this year or last, but that their grading formula was changing/had changed. I think it was this year.

FWIW.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 03:58 PM
Yeah, the grades for the Browns defense against the 49ers, particularly the coverage grades, were a joke.

I don't know who this guy is, but he posted all of the Browns defensive grades.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 04:22 PM
those grades seem slightly poor lol
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 04:54 PM

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Hammer Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 05:08 PM
Love that Memphis - piss my pants laughing every year when you provide.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 05:10 PM
haha its just wild
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Yes, you can selectively leave out facts that have a huge impact on the team if you so choose to. You can also leave out the fact that our starting QB was playing in the XFL the last time he took a snap. I mean that doesn't change that they are both facts and that has a huge negative impact on the talent the Browns have available to put on the field come game day. But sure, just leave that out and don't mention it.

I don't see the point, at this point. We all know Nick is out. He has been and will be until next season..it's not like missing a game or two. Add in we really can only speculate on what impact he would have on a game. We will win and lose with the team on the sideline. Not the team we could have had on the sideline.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 06:01 PM
Chubb has a history of what he can do on the field. So there are plenty of facts to consider that go far beyond speculation at play here. And omitting the fact that Chubb is out and we have an XFL QB starting at the position is what I feel to be a disingenuous look in regards to the conditions at play and what the expectation of the offense should be. I believe that anyone simply willing to discard those factors in what realistic expectations should be are not being objective.

I fully understand the saying "Next man up". But an XFL QB and losing the top RB in the league dictate that the next man up is not a level and practical expectation of similar results.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 10:04 PM
Yeah, the grades for the Browns defense against the 49ers, particularly the coverage grades, were a joke.

Yes, that is a joke. Delpit helped to shutdown one of the best TEs' in the game today.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 10:18 PM
I agree ... Delpit was integral in that game
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Chubb has a history of what he can do on the field. So there are plenty of facts to consider that go far beyond speculation at play here. And omitting the fact that Chubb is out and we have an XFL QB starting at the position is what I feel to be a disingenuous look in regards to the conditions at play and what the expectation of the offense should be. I believe that anyone simply willing to discard those factors in what realistic expectations should be are not being objective.

I fully understand the saying "Next man up". But an XFL QB and losing the top RB in the league dictate that the next man up is not a level and practical expectation of similar results.

Pit, I understand that. If we had Chubb we could have done this or that. I don't disagree, but we don't so there is no use speculating on what might have happened.

That is my opinion. If you and others want to dream about what might have happened rather than what is, fine.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/17/23 11:52 PM
Ford had 84 yards, himself, against a team allowing 80 yards rushing per game this season.

He actually kinda looked a bit Chubb-like. Chubb might get shut down early in a game, but he works it up, and in the fourth, he breaks off some big runs. That's exactly what Ford did.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 12:01 AM
I agree YTBF.

Ford is in a tough spot replacing Nick. I think he played well. He got the yards when the line allowed him to gain the yards.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 12:40 AM
he made a couple good runs late, when we needed them.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 01:08 AM
he made a couple good runs late, when we needed them.

I agree.

No, he isn't a Nick Chubb. Not may are. He is Jerome Ford. We have to go with that....and who knows?????
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 02:59 AM
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 04:29 AM
That was fun to watch.

Dude was having the time of his life.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 10:07 AM
- Okoronkwo has been a great signing for us thus far and, for his price, has been quite the steal. Have him for two more years.

- One player not getting mentioned much is Alex Wright. He is not playing as much as others on the DL, but when he is in there, he is making an impact.

- Speaking of good signings, Mo Hurst is becoming one of my favs. Not only for his animated persona on the field, but he has been a tough interior lineman to contain.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 10:17 AM
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 11:46 AM
That spin move was epic!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 12:56 PM
Ogbo is awesome!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 04:25 PM

PFF just dropped a new podcast titled NFL Week 6 Explaining The Browns Defensive Team Grades & Answering The Mailbag.

Clearly, they felt compelled to address it for one reason or another.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 04:38 PM
yeah because they weren't very accurate haha ... I take that stuff with a grain of salt of course tho
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 04:46 PM
It's not that I want to speculate about what might have been. I'm simply one who feels it's an objective view to point out major contributing factors as to why things are the way they are.

But I get what you're saying.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 05:02 PM
J/C
Re: defensive grades

Purdy missing/not taking throws because of pressure and the weather doesn't necessarily mean the coverage was good. I haven't watched the all-22 yet to really have a sense one way or the other.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 05:23 PM
I'm fine with all the low PFF ratings they care to hand out... as long as we keep stifling opponents while shredding record books in all the categories that matter.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/18/23 06:01 PM
haha exactly .. keep us as the #1 defense and give all of the guys F's for all I care
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/19/23 12:03 AM
Replay just started at 8 pm on NFL Network
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/19/23 03:01 AM

PFF just dropped a new podcast titled NFL Week 6 Explaining The Browns Defensive Team Grades & Answering The Mailbag.

Clearly, they felt compelled to address it for one reason or another.

I just wonder what the San Francisco offensive grades were for the game. Especially Purdy.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/19/23 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
Replay just started at 8 pm on NFL Network
I watched basically the whole game again

We really outplayed them for like 50 of the 60 minutes ... we had Purdy in jail
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 10/21/23 12:57 AM
Just watched the game again. Man, that was high drama! What a game! Got to see Ford do a backflip when we won. Impressive.
© DawgTalkers.net