Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Legend
Legend
T
Can Kevin Stefanski win either of the next two games?

They are at Indianapolis and at Seattle.

I don't think the Browns with this Head Coach can win either one of them, but,

What do you expect.

A road AFC game and a road NFC game, two more games in October.

They almost lost today, they lost to Atlanta last year, I don't think the Head Coach can put together back to back wins esp. against motivated teams.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
It’s very simple up here in Canada to watch the Browns games. I don’t even have to call the TV folks to renew, I’m locked in. they charge me around $250 per season and I’m good to go. None of that buffering BS, either

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Jc...

Anyone notice on the Hunt TD rush...watch David Bell pancake Fred Warner...superb block right there

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
yes there were like 3-4 really good blocks on that play

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Same here, the cut away to the Fox game of the week... yeah.

I am pretty stoked about misfortune happening to the other team.

We can pull out the line... Defense wins championships....

It's early. Long schedule.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I missed seeing that block, but now that you mention it, Kareem had an easy road to the end zone, didn’t he? Would have been cooler if it was a shovel pass from Harrison for the TD throw. wink

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Same here but they did a split screen for the kick with audio

Joe Thomas #73
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Anyone have an explanation on the lack of effort and tackling on the Brandon Aiyuk 25yd pass play late in the 4th Quarter.

https://www.nfl.com/games/49ers-at-browns-2023-reg-6?active-tab=highlights

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Question: Here, in the Toledo market, at 1:43 left to play, niners driving..................FOX cut in and said "due to NFL rules, we need to take you to the jets vs. philly game."

And bam, niners, second down - and off we go to ads.

Wife brought the game up on her phone, but we watched the missed kick on about a 1 1/2 inch screen. (she didn't know how to enlarge it)

Anyone else? I have a friend that was in Columbus, and he said he got to see it all on tv.

Same story in the TOL market.

It's FOX... and we live too close to DET.
This crap screws us at least 2-3 times/year.
I've been bitching about this for decades. It's all kinds of messed-up.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Thought we had zero chance to win... very pleasantly surprised... way to go Browns!

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't hear Dawand Jones name called much, especially in a negative connotation. He is doing a fine job in filling in for Conklin. What a massive man; he towers over everyone on the field. A very good draft pick....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I missed seeing that block, but now that you mention it, Kareem had an easy road to the end zone, didn’t he? Would have been cooler if it was a shovel pass from Harrison for the TD throw. wink

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It’s very simple up here in Canada to watch the Browns games. I don’t even have to call the TV folks to renew, I’m locked in. they charge me around $250 per season and I’m good to go. None of that buffering BS, either

Same here in SW Ontario, lamp. Each year I purchase the Sunday Ticket package for close to the price you mentioned. Any game I want.....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
1 member likes this: lampdogg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Beauty. Thanks!

gmstrong

-----------------

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Just got back from the game about an hour ago. What a fun time! Wow we're there a lot of SF fans there, more opposing fans than any game I've been to and I've been to most over the past 20 years.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

Same here in SW Ontario, lamp. Each year I purchase the Sunday Ticket package for close to the price you mentioned. Any game I want.....

I also got kicked out, YouTube TV instantly unblocked the game so I got to see it in real time. Direct TV used to take several minutes to unblock.

Unfortunately even though it said it was recording, it isn't there so I can't see the end again. The only recording cuts out and shows a bunch of the other game, but there isn't another shorter recording even though it showed it was. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow.

Ironically if I watch key plays, what should be the final missed kick is a random play of the Bucs game.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Why they would cut you away for a Jets-Philly game...no telling.

It was NYJ/PHI for only about 10 seconds, as the network glitched... and then began broadcasting the scheduled 'NFL Game of the Week': DET at TB (two 1st-place conference teams).

It was announced that it was some contractual obligation (or words to that effect).

And then... the guillotine blade came slicing down.
"Slllllllllthhht!!! ka-THUNK. No more Browns.

Baker and the Bucs with Detroit in town. National coverage.

Bro- it was like suffering whiplash from a 20 MPH rear-ender.

Brutal.

"The life of a Browns Fan"

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by ~Con~Artist~
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

I also got kicked out, YouTube TV instantly unblocked the game so I got to see it in real time. Direct TV used to take several minutes to unblock.

Unfortunately even though it said it was recording, it isn't there so I can't see the end again. The only recording cuts out and shows a bunch of the other game, but there isn't another shorter recording even though it showed it was. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow.

Ironically if I watch key plays, what should be the final missed kick is a random play of the Bucs game.

There should be a replay on NFL Network.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

T
Legend
Legend
T
oh
The @Browns have allowed 1,002 yards this season, the 3rd-fewest by a team through its first 5 games of a season since 1970.

Only the 1971 Baltimore Colts (836 yards allowed) and the 1970 Minnesota Vikings (945) allowed fewer. October 15, 2023

QB Brock Purdy , 44% completion for 125 yards, one touchdown, one interception and sacked three time

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am sure Mo Hurst was the happiest man on the field after playing for SF.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Doesn't it feel good? How many dozens of games in the last 20 years have we lost in those situations - probably in either teams shoes: CLE loses because the other team drives and makes the FG or CLE loses because we drive and miss the FG. Ditto with the generous penaltis that kept the game alive.

Definitely a signature win. A really well coached team and solid well prepared gameplan.

The play where Hunt scores and is shown above - my favorite play of the game and a little bit of KS magic, lining up with Bryant under center and the entire world thinking a sneak was coming because that's what we've been doing consistently. Kudos where it's due.

Aside from a couple interceptions, one more inexplicable than the other, Walker actually played well and threw the ball well, especially on the move (untill he missed receivers on the last drive). I don't agree with whoever was calling for DTR. The difference in their ability to lead the team was night and day - but hoping DW is back next week.

Ford and Hunt both ran well. I said I liked Ford and some of what he showed in week 1 and I still do.

Cooper is still an amazing, consumate WR that is just great at running routes and catching the damn ball. I wish he would show a little more emotion when he gets held - ticky tacky stuff happens to him constantly.

The defense - well the defense is really good. It's legit. It's going to keep us in every game. Literally can't say enough.

With all that said - and I mentioned this before last weeks game - KS has pulled out unexpected wins in bad situations before.... and then the next week or 2 weeks later the team laid an egg on an uber crucial game. It's happened multiple times. That needs to change. The division is pretty open - Ravens have to play miami and 49ers and if I was a betting man I'd say that there 49ers will extract a little revenge on the AFC North when they meet, I also think we will beat them next time we meet. Browns keep winning and gather momentum and we'll be playoff bound. Lose to the Colts or Seahwaks or Cardinals - all games we will be favorites - and it makes the playoffs a remote possibility.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/16/23 03:14 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Question: Here, in the Toledo market, at 1:43 left to play, niners driving..................FOX cut in and said "due to NFL rules, we need to take you to the jets vs. philly game."

And bam, niners, second down - and off we go to ads.

Wife brought the game up on her phone, but we watched the missed kick on about a 1 1/2 inch screen. (she didn't know how to enlarge it)

Anyone else? I have a friend that was in Columbus, and he said he got to see it all on tv.

That is my thinking. Just from a broadcast perspective, Toledo is more a Detroit market v a Cleveland market. How the NFL and networks come up with AFC and NFC tv rights, who knows??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

I've also bitched to the local Toledo stations for years about which games should have priority and every time, the Toledo stations point to the NFL as the sole decider of what games their station will be shown in the Toledo area.

Discussion of the issue ends when I attempt to find a source with the NFL that I can address the issue with. The NFL absolutely refuses to talk to Browns fans about what games will be shown by Toledo stations. I even attempted to reach out to the Browns for some help to find someone from the NFL to discuss the matter...I get crickets from the Cleveland Browns.

My situation, Toledo stations broadcast into areas that are closer to Cleveland than any other location such as Detroit or Cinci. For over 60 yrs, our location (the fan base) has been Browns Territory. Only the last 10 yrs or so have locations such as ours been force fed Lions and Bengals football.

To even attempt to find a solution you have to find SOMEONE/ANYONE from the NFL who gives a crap about Browns fans.

Last edited by mac; 10/16/23 07:21 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Great win and game plan for the Browns!

Defense continues to prove itself as one of the best, if not THE best, unit in the NFL. Great individual performances by Tomlinson, Okoronkwo, JOK. And congrats to Emerson for his first INT. This defense shut down the SF in the second half (of course injuries the injuries to CMC and Samuel helped) but still, Purdy was rattled and the defense really focused on bringing pressure on early downs to disrupt their offensive approach.

We were playing against a great 49er defense, but thought there is still some interior issues on our OL with Teller and Pocic (managing an injury). Of the names I expected to hear/see more of as a result of bad plays from the OL, I noticed them more than Wills, Dunn, and Jones.

I feel like I'm seeing Ford get a little better each week. Ford seems to be able to kick into another gear with speed and has a bit of deceptive strength to break some tackles and get to the next level. Hunt played well. Hunt started off slow but ramped up as the game went on. If he looked slow and rusty again, I wouldn't have been surprised if he would be released for someone else. I think he pushed that notion away and it getting back into game form despite the mileage.

I think Shanahan had no clue the game was going to be this challenging for him. Seeing him fuming every time the camera panned to him was evidence of how tilted he became. Throwing three straight times on their second to last drive to give us the ball back without needing to use any of our timeouts was evidence of that. He was rattled and thought this game would have probably been over by sometime in the first half.

I thought the refs were terrible for both teams. Probably one of the worst I've seen. Not just bad here and there, but consistently bad all game long.

Whoever was the guy doing the broadcast with Olsen seemed to get player's names wrong with regularity. I thought he sucked.

Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
"Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers."

Where are the pitchforks now?

1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
Someone made a good point ... the Niners were so good when they were still on their script, but as soon as they were off of it and we adjusted ... they were clamped. Hats off to our staff and defense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
mac #2035137 10/16/23 07:43 AM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
As for the game...WE WILL TAKE AN UGLY WIN every week of the seasons in an effort to make up for just some of the heartbreak we have suffered.

When the SF kicker was lining up for that final kick, I wondered if he noticed how that flag to the left of the goal post was blowing from left to right.

Just as our previous kicker failed to consider how the wind affects the ball about half way to the goal post when kicking in that direction...the 9ers rookie witnessed how the ball can get pushed to the right of the goal post.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Yeah, the wind is so weird in the stadium on days like yesterday. It truly depends on the exact moment you kick

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fantastic win, no doubt.

- I have been hearing a lot about how SF lost Samuel and CMC, two of the best in the game. Well, we did not have Chubb, Bitonio, or Conklin, each towards the top of the league at their position. And also on our 3rd QB.

- Were there some questionable calls? Yes. Both ways? Yes, though few seem to mention that. If you're looking for sympathy over officiating, we are not the fan base to come to.

- Our D is legit. They did little on that first SF drive, except for 30 yards in penalties. But their adjusted and tightened up. After that first drive, they had one really bad play, on that last drive. Short pass that turned into a seminar on how not to tackle in the open field and they ended up in FG range. I thought that was game. That's the thing with close games, all it takes is one play to swing it.

- One TD drive they started on the 8. Hard to pin that on the D.

- QB Walker made some really poor decisions.

- Cannot remember when an opposing kicker missed a game-winning attempt against us.

- When the schedule came out, I think most of us would be happy to be 3-2 at this point. The Steeler game still rankles me. Bryant volleyballing that first pass of the game into a Pit TD. That was the difference.

- Speaking of Bryant, that was a great play call on the Hunt TD. Bryant had lined up at QB a few times on short yardage and has always been successful. Crossing that up with the pitch to Hunt was not was SF was expecting. Genius.

- I had heard that Jim Schwartz's defenses are now something like 6-1 against Kyle Shanahan's offenses.

- Victory Monday!!

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Cap - I think Schwartz is even like 9-1 against Shanahan, which is crazy

Another thought: don't be surprised if our game at Seattle gets flexed to SNF (it is currently the Bears at the Chargers) ... those games could easily get swapped

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Speaking of Bryant, that was a great play call on the Hunt TD. Bryant had lined up at QB a few times on short yardage and has always been successful. Crossing that up with the pitch to Hunt was not was SF was expecting. Genius.

Yeah, but if it didn't work, we'd be hearing the exact opposite about Stefanski tries to be too cute! or Stefanski should have just called a run!.....especially if we lost. That's the way it goes.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns -2 @ Indianapolis

Over/Under 39.5.

I would expect the over/under to go up if Watson plays. Maybe the spread too.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Jc

Shout out to the best defense in the league!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg

It's nice to see Jed actually knock some people around. I think he shocked the DE back enough that his foot got tangled with the LB, then Jed got another block at the 2nd level.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
58m
#Browns defense is ranked 1st in the NFL in efficiency. The offense is ranked 30th.

Legend
Legend
and we currently have a 51% chance to make the playoffs ...

Swing games will be: Indy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Houston, NY Jets, Cincinnati

Legend
Legend
Jason Lloyd
@ByJasonLloyd
·
10h
The Browns have been 9-point underdogs or more an NFL-leading 76 times since 1999. Sunday was just the sixth time they actually won.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Legend
Legend
unreal

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 49ers 17 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard