Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by FATE
-Was Deshaun Watson even on the sidelines with the team? I kept looking for him, but never saw him...I did miss some portions of the game.

Yes. They showed him working with Walker & coaches in-between offensive series a couple of times.

He actually looked like he was doing some coach work with a sense of urgency and diligence.

Agreed.

Multiple times in fact the TV showed him.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by dawglover05
-Was Deshaun Watson even on the sidelines with the team? I kept looking for him, but never saw him...I did miss some portions of the game.

Yes. They showed him working with Walker & coaches in-between offensive series a couple of times.

He actually looked like he was doing some coach work with a sense of urgency and diligence.

He may not have been as readily discernible because i think he had a face mask on (weather version, not COVID version).

I thought it was easy to spot him because early on I thought " why do you have a mask on, it's not under 40 degrees.

Legend
Legend
In the end there is no luck.

We can say the Steelers were lucky. But we lost the game. Field goals and xtra points are missed.

Ref's make horrible calls. Sometimes it goes only way. Other times both ways. Judgement calls change games.

When you look at the box score. We outplayed them. We gained more yardage. We held them to less yardage. And we lost the turnover game.

The Score Board counts and tells the story of the team that won the game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
You are right - but I coupled that comment with the "Sorry to all the people here who won't post much this week because the Browns won. Thoughts and prayers." - the two comments together read like a pretty decent poke at other posters. Maybe I miss it but when there are negative posters I don't see them taking a swipe at other positive posters.

Was that from a separate post? I did not see that.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Yes, we were lucky to win, no doubt.

Yes. And had SF won the same could have been said about that. Lucky. Starting one drive at the 8, thanks to a non-call on a PI.

And we did out gain them on offense.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
That's why I keep saying it was a W. The rest matters, but not as much as a W.

Now, this week, get better.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Someone made a good point ... the Niners were so good when they were still on their script, but as soon as they were off of it and we adjusted ... they were clamped. Hats off to our staff and defense

Along these lines, I was pleasantly surprised that our defense adjusted to be even better and our offense didn't fall off a cliff after the half.
I guess you were not listening to the announcers. They were saying the exact opposite. They were saying the 9rs could go off script at will depending on the game and be just as good with any type of game needed that day.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
On any given Sunday. 49’s lost a game they should have won and the Browns won one the should have lost. Next.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by dawglover05

He may not have been as readily discernible because i think he had a face mask on (weather version, not COVID version).

I thought it was easy to spot him because early on I thought " why do you have a mask on, it's not under 40 degrees.

He famously hates the cold. I remember reading that among the most important considerations of his decision to reject the Browns initially was that he hates the cold, and snow in particular. Nothing a good regular cold water plunge regimen can’t cure. I love it! And it makes the winter much more tolerable.

Also, for all the people who post about how the NFL hates Cleve and the refs are in the pocket of all the nefarious forces that want to see Cleve lose, today’s reffing was a pretty strong repudiation of that. Remember it the next time things don’t go out way.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
Legend
Legend
M
Also, for all the people who post about how the NFL hates Cleve and the refs are in the pocket of all the nefarious forces that want to see Cleve lose

Went on a SF message board and they were saying the same. Reading it felt glorious.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
When you look inside this game and see some of the great plays made by Browns players.

It is something else. Watch Baldy's breakdowns. Jones against Bosa.

The design of the Hunt score. The plays JOK made. Emerson and the man coverage by the corners. The kicks made because Hopkins was brought in to replace York.

Calling this win lucky is an insult.

V
Rookie
Rookie
V
49er fan here just dropping by to say congratulations and hell of a good game by the browns. Their d is as legit as the stats say. Browns bullied the bullies. Punched the niners in the mouth in all phases. They are building something special over there. You guys deserve to celebrate this win. Good luck the rest of the season.

6 members like this: dawglover05, mgh888, FORTBROWNFAN
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by VA49er
49er fan here just dropping by to say congratulations and hell of a good game by the browns. Their d is as legit as the stats say. Browns bullied the bullies. Punched the niners in the mouth in all phases. They are building something special over there. You guys deserve to celebrate this win. Good luck the rest of the season.

Class act thumbsup
Thanks

Joe Thomas #73
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
58m
#Browns defense is ranked 1st in the NFL in efficiency. The offense is ranked 30th.

Imagine if we had a Schwartz equivalent on the Offensive side of the ball. ooo

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
It is something else. Watch Baldy's breakdowns. Jones against Bosa.

Bosa's high point was a late in the game sack when the Browns right side did not slide their blocking assignments to pick up Bosa who was unblocked. I thought Jones did an exceptional job on Bosa.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Also, for all the people who post about how the NFL hates Cleve and the refs are in the pocket of all the nefarious forces that want to see Cleve lose, today’s reffing was a pretty strong repudiation of that. Remember it the next time things don’t go out way.

Even though we want to say otherwise, NFL officiating is just bad in general. Saying that they intentionally are screwing over one team or another is giving them way too much credit.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
If you cannot recognize that we were LUCKY to win that game, there's nothing more to discuss.

It took, literally, what is potentially one of the best defenses of ALL TIME and then we STILL needed their kicker to miss an incredibly average and makeable FG attempt in order to win.
We were LUCKY.

Luck is a part of the game.

Any way you cut it, we won the game. We have had some unlucky losses and when people point that out, the retort is we still lost.

WTF??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Just a general comment about the penalties called....I suspect the skirmish before the game prompted the refs to call things close. A few players were lucky to not be thrown out pre-game.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Purp we were starting a PS QB and we had Nick on the bench not to mention 2 O-lineman out. A little luck OK but the odds were really stacked against us going into this game. How many times did we get some bad luck over the years and lost games we should have won? Too many for me to remember. We need a lot more games like yesterday to even up that score!

Legend
Legend
Refreshing comments.

Hell we have fans who refuse to see anything but doom and gloom.

Thanks for dropping in. The niners are a really good team. Purdy was a great find.

Good luck with your season.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Purp we were starting a PS QB and we had Nick on the bench not to mention 2 O-lineman out. A little luck OK but the odds were really stacked against us going into this game. How many times did we get some bad luck over the years and lost games we should have won? Too many for me to remember. We need a lot more games like yesterday to even up that score!

Just a comment, we can't keep pointing to Nick on the bench. He is out, period. That is over at this point. He is on the bench and on the bench for a good while. We can't keep pointing that out.

He is not on the team as far as I am concerned.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I've been watching clips/commentary on and off all day long ... lots of praise going our way

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Njoku, badly burned, and called questionable to even play, playued 63 snaps.

Unbelievable. I have mad respect for the man.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
Legend
Legend
Njoku has been such a steady player for us. He's been here like 8 years already and has rarely missed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Seems like a guy who isn’t used enough considering his athletic ability. When he gets a chance to turn upfield, he’s tough to bring down. Props to him for gutting it out after burning his face.

He gets criticized but he is, after all these years, almost true Browns family now.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Even though we want to say otherwise, NFL officiating is just bad in general. Saying that they intentionally are screwing over one team or another is giving them way too much credit.

I agree NFL refs are awful in general. Yet, there are certainly times it feels almost malicious towards the Browns. The play they had to bring on the chains to measure was ridiculous. They gave us a bad spot, tilted the stick away, still had the nose of the ball at the stick, and called it short anyway. Fortunately, it seems the league office told the on site guys that no they couldn't screw us that obviously, and they needed to make some bad calls the other way to make their bias less apparent.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
L
Legend
Legend
L
That was a weird spot/measurement.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Just a general comment about the penalties called....I suspect the skirmish before the game prompted the refs to call things close. A few players were lucky to not be thrown out pre-game.

Watching Ward's and Mcleod's pressers yesterday, they both said the 9ers disrespected them and "we will not tolerate any disrespect".

I love that kind of toughness.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I've been watching clips/commentary on and off all day long ... lots of praise going our way

Especially the D.

It's getting to the point where everyone is just kind of conceding the D is legit.

I think opposing teams have scored on the Browns on short fields at least four times this season due to turnovers by the offense. Imagine if that didn't happen.

1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Watching Ward's and Mcleod's pressers yesterday, they both said the 9ers disrespected them and "we will not tolerate any disrespect".

I love that kind of toughness.

I am not putting anything down. I get you need to stand your ground and don't even know who started things. I am just commenting why I think there were a ton of penalties called.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Njoku has been such a steady player for us. He's been here like 8 years already and has rarely missed

Just wish he'd get targeted more, especially in the RZ.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
2m
#Browns week 7 power rankings:

ESPN: 8th
CBS Sports: 10th
Yahoo: 9th
USA Today: 11th
PFT: 12th

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

I agree NFL refs are awful in general. Yet, there are certainly times it feels almost malicious towards the Browns. The play they had to bring on the chains to measure was ridiculous. They gave us a bad spot, tilted the stick away, still had the nose of the ball at the stick, and called it short anyway. Fortunately, it seems the league office told the on site guys that no they couldn't screw us that obviously, and they needed to make some bad calls the other way to make their bias less apparent.

I've got a great set-up in my office garage...(9) TVs...lots of people come over to watch the games...usually 60-70% Browns fans. Most every non-Browns-fan who regularly joins us now frequently comments about the calls that we get against us (even Steeler & Bengal fans)...it's almost validation for our complaining as every team thinks their team gets the shaft. My Bengal fan buddy lost his mind on that 1st down "spot"...tells you something.

That said, even I think we got the better end of the ref-shafting this weekend.

Legend
Legend

Anyone know what software / website is being used here?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Great detail to highlight play concepts and design.

It is important to note that the first pass PJ Walker had thrown to Cooper was Wednesday.

PJ is going to turn it over. He will learn some things with added practice. However, he is not sustainable at quarterback.

Having had two rotator cuff surgeries that were partial tears. Your arm is useless. I don't know what DW is experiencing.

Inflammation in the area can be treated with a steroid shot. I have had that experience many times. It is kinda hit and miss.

Sometimes relief is fast. Other times it takes time for the swelling to go away.

We need DW to get well. The saving grace is the defense. But we cannot continue to turn the ball over obviously.

FATE #2035379 10/17/23 10:21 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Anyone know what software / website is being used here?

I was thinking the same when watching the video.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 49ers 17 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard