Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Top of the wishlist: Aaron Donald, imagine him on this D-line

OL: Kolton Miller LT, a few years on his contract, still young, playing well this season

WR: no thanks, we dont use what we have, bringing in someone, aint gonna help that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

Washington trading their backup QB when Howell is on pace to be the most sacked QB ever seems doubtful to me.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
J/C

Washington trading their backup QB when Howell is on pace to be the most sacked QB ever seems doubtful to me.

It's Washington?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wonder how Jax feels about D Earnest?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
he's returning kicks that's all I've seen

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

He doesn't give more info than the headline but perhaps DPJ could be a piece to move?

No doubt. Probably part of why he hasn't played much. I guess the question is how much value the guy holds? I am not sure some team would offer a whole lot.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
yeah, he has limited value anymore .. no production, going to be a free agent .. we'd maybe get a 6th rounder for him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
I'd dangle a 5th rounder and PJ Walker at Washington for JBrissett right now

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

He doesn't give more info than the headline but perhaps DPJ could be a piece to move?

No doubt. Probably part of why he hasn't played much. I guess the question is how much value the guy holds? I am not sure some team would offer a whole lot.

Hi Peen. I’m not sure where you are getting that DPJ hasn’t played much. He has the most snaps of all the receivers. Maybe you meant targets?

#gmstrong
Pdawg #2035756 10/18/23 09:21 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hey P....hope all is well.

Good info. Looks like my speculation is wrong. I'll admit, I follow the ball and don't scan the field to see who is in the game. Right or wrong, if he isn't a target, he isn't in the game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Why would they want DPJ?
Off memory they have McLaurin, Samuel, and Dotson is in his first or second year

Legend
Legend
DPJ is a good blocker, especially when we go with a bigger grouping ... oftentimes he'll be the lone WR out there if we go 6 OL and 2 TE

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Derrick Henry is in the last year of his contract.

He is paid about $11. With what is left on the schedule he is due about $7 more.

The Titans are not going to resign him.

I think getting him as a rental for the rest of this year would be a good move. I am not seeing what i would like to see for Hunt and Ford.

Henry is 29. He may not be what he was but he has enough to help for the rest of this season. I am not seeing any burst from Kareem.

Ford looks slow to read blocks. If he finds space he is ok. Henry can still break tackles. He is still a threat. And he will get attention when on the field which can help in play action.

We can of course get by with what we have. But I think Henry could help us.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Henry's production this season has not been all that great. Better than what we currently have, but still not great. I have no clue if the Browns like Henry or want to pursue him, but if so, I hope it would include TEN still eating a good chunk of that remaining contract while getting a late round pick....or what Berry seems to like, pick swaps.

I don't think the Browns would be comfortable taking on the remaining contract as it stands. But that's just me.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I will let Berry figure the money.

My interest is only in improvement. Speaking only for myself. If I was happy seeing what I have seen since Nick went down.

It would be different. I know there is no equal replacement. When I have watched Ford who is now the guy.

He seems slow to decide. Nick by comparison is decisive. Ford has some long speed by I do not see that burst.

Henry is the definition of "power back." He is just a major load with deceptive speed.

My guess is we don't make this deal. I think they believe in Ford.

Maybe Berry is looking at another position. Receiver is always brought up.

Until DW puts together a number of games with what we have. I am uncertain.

Goodwin has the long speed. DPJ and Tillman are good at contested catches. Cooper is the ace route runner. Bell is savy.
Moore is a slot guy who can go long. Moore so far has not been used right. The reason is DW has missed games.

Over the season my fear is injury on both lines. Depth on the OL and DL is important. Dunn is on the IL.

Bitonio coming off a minor surgery. Wills inconsistent. Jordan Elliott still has not shown much. He is replaceable.
I would love to get depth on both lines.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Legend
Legend
j/c...

Trading DPJ for a low draft pick would be stooopid.

I don't understand the point of making yourself weaker in a group that is one Cooper injury from crapfest. So that you could fill his role with the same JAG that doesn't even know the offense?

Stupid, stupid, stupid, unless you're adding a proven WR in a separate trade.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: JimDawg, ScottPlayersFacemask, Milk Man
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't trade him either unless we could get a piece in return that would help this year

FATE #2035832 10/19/23 11:24 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree. Stainbrook speculated trading DPJ and allowing Tillman to step in (though the Browns are not actively shopping him). The Browns are in win now mode. Sure, they'll likely lose DPJ in FA next year, but DPJ has been excellent blocker, catches nearly everything thrown his way and is excellent on contested balls thrown. If anything, I'd say he needs targeted more often.

Trading him and relying on a rookie to step in and take his spot seems like a bad idea given where the Browns are as a team.

From Brad Stainbrook

Donovan Peoples-Jones is an interesting name to watch heading towards the deadline. While the Browns will not go out of the way to move Peoples-Jones, don't rule out the possibility of the team listening to trade offers for the Michigan wide receiver who's in his last year under contract with Cleveland. The team wants to give more opportunities to younger players in the room, like rookie Cedric Tillman, and moving Peoples-Jones for a draft pick would allow for that to happen.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Right or wrong, if he isn't a target, he isn't in the game.

If he is in the game he is a resident of the game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not only do I think Henry is not what he used to be, I think he is a shadow of his former self. He has only had two games all season thus far in which he looked good on any level. I don't really expect you to take my word for it but living here in the Nashville area I get a very good look and breakdowns on his performances. Sometimes more than I would care to. I've always been fond of those bigger backs that remind me of the physical running style we used to see more of in the 70's. But that physical style takes a toll on the body with a quickness. And that's what I've been seeing now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the idea of trading DPJ could be an option that may or may not be a good idea. A lot hinges on what the Browns know that we may not. Do they know the likelihood that watson may not return this season? Do they know if watson won't be back for quite some time? Too late to save the season? I'm not saying they do or do not know that but I think it's safe to say they know more about that situation than we do. I have more faith in Tillman than many on this board do. With that being said even I don't have faith that he's ready to fill the role of DPJ.

But IF the Browns know watson won't be coming back any time soon and IF they feel confident they won't be able to sign him to a new contract before he hits the FA market, to me it would make sense to trade him before he walks and you get nothing in return.

On the other hand if frogs had wings they wouldn't hit their asses on the ground every time they landed.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't trade for Henry. He's done .. probably will sign somewhere after this year and go 1-2 years in his twilight there

PitDAWG #2035857 10/19/23 01:04 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I bow to your knowledge of him. I don't know. I am going on his past. Knowing that he probably has slipped some.

I haven't watched him. My thinking was a rental and he may have enough left to help.

Like I said probably not going to happen. I think they believe in Ford. Maybe Ford will improve. He is young with limited experience.

My preference is more big guys on both sides of the ball.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly would love to see the overall scenario you are describing. A reasonable deal on a legitimate upgrade at the RB position as a band aid until Chubb is able to return. I would hope that such an opportunity presents itself.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think you trade for a backup QB. Its better to have them on standby and not need them than wait until after the deadline and realize Watson is going to be out longer or he reinjures it.. Walker ain't the guy.. I'm actually really suprised he's still the guy and we didn't do anything yet, Watson must be further along than they are letting on. Theres enough tape on walker to see he is not a long term option.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With the Stefanski connections to Minnesota, I've been contemplating a potential Kirk Cousins rental. Don't know if I'd actually do it, but the familiarity could make the on the field part work relatively quickly. Without knowing Watson's injury outcome, it's hard to know how much of him we'll see. Kwesi and Berry could probably make something work on the trade compensation side. Shutting Watson down could potentially be the smart long-term play.

Not sure how much salary we'd have to take on. It would "suck." But it might "salvage" the season. On the other hand, might cause a QB controversy.

Hopefully, Watson gets and stays healthy and none of my speculation matters.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NOOOOOO !!!!!

Worst post you ever posted !!! LOL smile

Legend
Legend
Honestly, we've seen more than a handful of QBs here under Stefanski's system.... and, honestly, when looking at the good performances (e.g. throwing out the trash ones like DTR), I don't really see much of a performance difference among them in this system.

Sure, DW ostensibly brings some thing to the table that the others don't, but it has yet to translate into any improvement in the bottom lines. Given that, I'd be perfectly fine bringing in Cousins and sitting Watson until he is perfectly healthy and healed and ready to go.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bringing in Cousins would be just a Browns thing since 99

It's a horrible idea

Please never say that again

Case Keenum

Kellen Mond

UGH

L
Legend
Legend
L
Some of you crack me up with the cousins hate. Yeah I’d sure hate to have 68% completion with 14tds to 4 int and a 100 qb rating as a backup

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Some of you crack me up with the cousins hate. Yeah I’d sure hate to have 68% completion with 14tds to 4 int and a 100 qb rating as a backup

You can say that, How many post season wins does he have ?

L
Legend
Legend
L
How many do we have? smile

Seriously we don’t have the draft capital to trade for cousins so let’s forget about it

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the only crazy trades we would make would be for a tackle or a backup QB.

I don't see Cousins making his way here. We have too much into Watson and they have too much into Cousins. IMO, though... Cousins sounds like a QB that would actually work with KS. A "do your job" kind of guy. I don't hate it other than all the costs we'd have to eat to make it happen.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's just occurred to me that New Orleans might be a team that could be convinced to unload some talent.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
NOLA is a mess, either carr is straight trash or noone knows what they are supposed to do on offense.. its very difficult to watch.. how they've won 3 games amazes me

O
Legend
Legend
O
The color guys on the broadcast last night were... not complimentary... of the offensive gameplans. I don't follow NOLA at all, so maybe there are some personnel issues for all I know.... but IMO there is WAY too much talent throughout that offense to look as ineffective as they are. Supposedly they swept up Joe Woods once we got rid of him, so I'm immediately biased against their FO decision-making.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Olave, Thomas, and Kamara are so good in that dome .. but they'll go to waste

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Originally Posted by lampdogg
How many do we have? smile

Seriously we don’t have the draft capital to trade for cousins so let’s forget about it

Can I include 1950 through now ?

If so, 33 appearances with 12 wins smile

The only good thing about being 62 years old is the memories of some good Browns football

LOL !!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

And there it is. How a QB plays on the field makes no difference.

Last year alone the Vikings D gave up 34 points to the Giants in that wildcard game. The Vikings scored 24 points. The fault of that loss clearly rests on the shoulders of Cousins. Come on man.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, aside from Brisset, are there any other QB’s available???

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Trade Deadline

Link Copied to Clipboard