Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
P
Legend
Legend
P
Come on now Oober. If you don't do exactly what their D expects you to do there must be something wrong with that. Are you trying to say that considering the actual scoring implications and the situation facing you on the field should make a difference?

Hopefully purple wasn't necessary.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by DawgPound75
The play was a pass play.
Worst case INT.
Incomplete pass. Not as bad but the clock stopped.

How about not give him the option to throw in that situation???????
This is a situation where he thought he could be cute. If Watson or a veteran QB was in there, I would give him a bit of a break. But in that situation with the personnel and his history of trying to outsmart the other team with very little success, I think he is ruining himself out of town.

We were well within FG range and had a down we could sacrifice. Defense was keying on stopping the run as the Browns had the FG and were looking to burn the clock down as much as possible. The FG put us up by 2, but a TD would've forced the 9ers to have to score a TD on their final drive. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to catch the D by surprise for a TD when a sack or no-gain doesn't hurt you (doesn't knock you out of FG range). The problem was that Walker decided to try to make a hero throw. The TV talking heads even said as much... he should've taken a quick look for an easy throw and if he saw nothing then made sure he ended up on the ground with the ball.

The probability (by far) is that Walker made a bad decision to throw even though that wasn't what was asked.

Agreed Oober.

This situation falls under the same play as the pitch from Harrison Bryant to Hunt for the score. If Hunt didn't get it, then the complaints come in on why wasn't the obvious done by running the sneak.

I have no complaints about the call. I think I can go out on a limb and say Stefanski did not tell Brown: no matter what throw the ball to a receiver, even if it's into triple coverage. PJ had running yards in front of him. Players sometimes make dumb mistakes. That wasn't a coaching issue. If anything, I am happy Stef was trying to be aggressive in trying to get 7 instead of settling for the FG. SF still had a TO left.

And if PJ would've thrown an INT, I wouldn't have been upset with Stefanski. That was a player made decision on throwing into coverage.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
We have an XFL QB?? Walker is in the NFL.

He may have been in the XFL...I don't know one way or the other, but he is in the NFL and has played in the NFL. We don't have an XFL player on our roster.

Why do you keep saying that?

Revisiting PJ Walker's XFL stats, career: How QB turned spring-league success into Panthers contract

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...nthers-contract/fchixk14cbhmntqnozk4wfn6

I was born in Ohio. Just because I live in Tennessee now doesn't mean that I'm from Tennessee.

You are a resident of Tennessee. Walker is a resident of the NFL.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It’s also sorta not an interesting chart. While all the teams on the right are winning teams near the top of the league there’s good teams scattered all over. Pitt has the same record as us, San Fran, Dallas, Cincinnati… I’m thinking this is one of those stats that just kinda gives part of the picture and maybe an important part of the pic but not exactly a bell weather

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hope you have not defended Stefanski using the injury excuse.

Because if you have, this is very hypocritical.

I'm not sure that you know what hypocritical means. Considering the post you replied to never mentioned injury or excuses, it seems a weird word choice.

What does a QB making a bad decision have to do with injury?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The play was a pass play.
Worst case INT.
Incomplete pass. Not as bad but the clock stopped.

How about not give him the option to throw in that situation???????
This is a situation where he thought he could be cute. If Watson or a veteran QB was in there, I would give him a bit of a break. But in that situation with the personnel and his history of trying to outsmart the other team with very little success, I think he is ruining himself out of town.

These are the in game situations that many of us are talking about.
99% of the time the Browns find ways to lose those games.

If you are not willing to give Swartz and his D credit for that W, I do not know what to say.

Also, if Swartz was not here KS seat would be much hotter.

I would love to see Stefanski improve. I just don’t think it is going to happen.

Do those of you who think he is doing a great job believe he should be back if the Browns miss the playoffs again?

Many of us didn’t think he deserved another vance this year, but understood why he was brought back but hoped he would have improve upon his in game management. Thus far he has not.

If we loose 2 of the next 3 which is possible, how many excuses will those of you have ready?

Yes, he called a pass. He was trying to win the game. Unfortunately, playing not to lose tends to have the opposite effect. Running into the teeth of the D is a give up play. I'm not sure why you seem to want that to be the team's identity. "Be a quitter, Kevin. Play it safe." Schwartz is all about being the aggressor on D. I would like us to have that mentality on O as well. Yet, I'd still like the QB to make good (or at least not awful) decisions.

If we miss the playoffs, I give him another year. Unless he completely loses the team, which I don't see happening, I try to keep things together. I don't see a better option available. I don't want a rookie HC.

If we win the next 3, how many excuses will you have? Let me guess, Schwartz will get all the credit. rolleyes

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree with you on the coaching front.

As uninspiring as KS has been after his first year, hiring another rookie HC to replace him would be completely asinine. As hot a name as Schwartz is right now, he's already failed as a HC in the past, making him a retread. Do we promote him and then retain AVP as OC? Offense is kinda the problem, but I don't think I can stomach the thought of a reboot on offense with the personnel we have already set up there.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
before we'd fire KS, I'd at least try to let AVP call plays ... but I'm not usually one to say "lets fire him!" ... I think KS has some good qualities as a coach and leader, we just need to get the offense a bit more consistent

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's hard to have consistency when you have played 3 qb in 5 games. Once Watson comes back, lets see how things start to mesh. If it doesn't after 2-3-4 games, then we might be able to talk about a coaching problem.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
before we'd fire KS, I'd at least try to let AVP call plays ... but I'm not usually one to say "lets fire him!" ... I think KS has some good qualities as a coach and leader, we just need to get the offense a bit more consistent

Home sick today, so you all are going to have to endure a day of unusually frequent posting from me. Sorry in advance.

IMO, I'd normally agree with you but the problem in this case is that KS has been very consistent in his insistence on calling plays. AVP taking that over would amount to neutering KS. He'd be a dead man walking.

Also, I think the 'executive' type responsibilities of KS are his main weaknesses. The offense's biggest problem is generally plays breaking down due to 1 or 2 people missing their assignments. It's usually not a talent issue (especially if you ignore the last couple weeks where we've had to dig deep into our depth), and IMO KS's plays frequently have guys getting open... it's just that our O tends to trip over its own feet. That speaks to a discipline/coaching issue, IMO.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
yeah I can't disagree with any of that .. I think part of me would just dread starting over with a new HC

I hope you feel better tho!!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bonefish

You may be right, but IMO that article really isn't really something you can hang your hat on when making the argument. It starts with KS's fantastic first year, then glosses over just about everything until this past weekend. It drops little nuggets like "doesn't take advantage of the talent he has" as a sorta attempt to appear objective.

Here's my hangup with KS. We live in a world where Mike Tomlin hears rumblings about his job security from his fanbase. I'm not trying to lend credence to these types of things, but KS has spent enough time in Cleveland where criticism is warranted. We've been Browns fans long enough to know truly incompetent coaching when we've seen it... KS ain't that. But with the roster we've assembled, are we really supposed to just sit back and NOT say anything about his handling of the team when we're clearly in a window of opportunity?

I don't think he should be fired/replaced, but that also has a lot to do with not seeing a viable replacement. The absolute worst thing we can do is blow it all up. I've felt that way after the Ravens game same as after this 9ers game. But his defenders make it sound like he's above reproach, which is equally as ridiculous as wanting him fired, IMO.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
As the article mentions. "There is no perfect coach."

I do not think anyone is saying KS can't improve.

That is the main point. I stated he has done well enough to keep his job. Tomlin has the luxury of ownership patience.

Allow him to improve.

Fans buckle fast. Regime changes more often than not means delay. New schemes. Coaches learning players. Players learning coaches.

Sometimes you have to bite that bullet. This is not one of those times.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me ask you, do you think an NFL HC should be expected to do better with Brissett and a poorly playing watson at QB like last season? I know some call that excuses. But that's where things stood. Do you blame Stefanski for Woods mishandling of the defense last year?

I'm certainly not saying Stefanski is blameless here. But what I am saying is that many circumstances he has been forced to face are no fault of his own. Being left with only a fifth round rookie and a former XFL QB when watson went down wasn't his call. Having no better option than to start Baker with a shoulder injury was not his fault.

I understand that injuries happen in the NFL. I understand that every NFL HC has to deal with those injuries. But the saying "next man up" sounds great if the next man up is a quality player. You're only going to get as much as that next man up has to give.

I think most would admit that Baker is pretty much a game manager with flashes of being better in very limited doses. But he still managed to take a Baker led team to the playoffs. Since that year he hasn't managed to have a healthy starting QB for an entire season. Not even for a half of a season. I think if one is being objective that's a pretty big part of the story here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If Brissett had this year's defense, we'd have been in the Super Bowl last year. I have no doubts.
At a minimum, it would have been a playoff year for this team that doesn't end in 1-n-done.

Stefanski is many things, and "perfect" or even "above questioning" absolutely are not among them.... but, he does not need to be fired.
He absolutely SHOULD be nit-picked, questioned, doubted, etc..... but, he does not need to be fired.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2nd String
2nd String
I don't even want to think about starting over at this point. KS and AB need to stay.

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
If we win the next 3 games.
I expect to finally win the turnover battle
Our defense to dominate
Take late game critical situations out of KS hands.

Or him to start improving in areas that have been brought up numerous times.
He is by no means terrible and I think you are confused if you think I want him to fail.

I am simply calling it how I see it.

It was more than the pass that was almost picked off. That was another chance for the clock to stop after it had already happened and evident that there was going to be way too much time left on the clock when SF got the ball back. Ford ran out of bounds after just doing it a play earlier. Put Hunt in and say keep the clock moving.

If we go 9-8 and miss the playoffs that is tough to swallow. And makes a tough decision tougher
If we 9-8 and make the playoffs ut go 0-1 probably harder to fire unless major issue in loss

Under .500 dude has got to go.

If we go 11 wins or more.
KS will have improved in game situations
He & Watson will have developed chemistry and should improve moving forward.

I am prepared for all scenarios and the only reason I feel the way I do is what I have seen for 3+ years.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You seem to be right where I'm at on this. Stefanski is nowhere close to perfect but even if our d had been average last year the record would have been much different.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'd love to see Brissett with this year's defense and culture

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Kevin Stephanski, who I have just read get bashed over and over, just beat the #1 team in the NFL with two back ups on the Oline, back up running back, and a practice squad QB.

You mean Jim Swartz Defense just beat the number 1 team. Despite horrific time management and play calls in the final 3 minutes. Don’t forget a missed FG that was as close to routine as they come.

Stefanski had very little to do with that win.

So the play call to Njoku on the called back TD was Schwartz? The fake QB sneak for a TD was Schwartz? Yes, the defense dominated the Niners, and that helped win this game, but the offense, as bad as it was, scored the points necessary to win. Yes Schwartz defense is the strong part of our team, and lead us to wins, but winning with a practice squad QB, down one of your best Oline, and not having Chubb to lean on, and still scoring on the Niners defense does prove that Stephanski had a big hand in this win.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by JimDawg
I don't even want to think about starting over at this point. KS and AB need to stay.

jim...not many are wanting to see the Browns start over with a new HC or GM but let's not act like Stefanski and Berry have earned high praise for the outstanding performances they have turned in so far this season.

The Browns Hype Machine did a great job of promoting the 2023 season as a season of high expectations from the Browns ownership down. Once the season started with the win over the Bengals, expectations continued to grow, but then reality began to set in with an unexpected loss to the Steelers followed by a win against the Titans and a home thrashing by our hated rival, the Ravens.

Suddenly, many recognized that the Browns were once again playing like the team that went 7 and 10 last season...win a game, lose 2 games. Put another way, many fans and media realized that the coaching staff and management had not done enough to change or improve upon the mediocre season of 2022. I was hoping to see a well prepared front office and coaching staff that matured during the off-season and recognized their weaknesses and put in the time and work to ensure that there would be improvement.

After the Ravens loss, it became obvious to many that if this team was going to compete for a playoff birth the management and coaching staff had to "lead", on a weekly basis and begin to stack wins.

Keep in mind, it was not just a few board members from this message board that showed their disappointment in Stefanski and Berry, but nationally the media was reassessing the Browns organization...

...Ranking all 32 of the NFL coaches

Updated 1 day ago | By Seth Trachtman
link

Obviously, the disappointment in the coaching and management of the Browns goes well beyond our DawgTalk message board.

I simply want to see the Browns coaches and management team put the time and work in to ensure the team is ready to take advantage of this opportunity against the Colts.

I simply can't allow myself to get excited about more than one game at a time...we never know when to be prepared for another unexpected let down from those running this franchise...specifically, Stefanski's offense and Berry's ability to judge talent.

Last edited by mac; 10/20/23 09:45 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #2035993 10/20/23 10:01 AM
Legend
Legend
Do you think quarterback play has anything to do with results?

mac #2036018 10/20/23 01:37 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by JimDawg

jim...not many are wanting to see the Browns start over with a new HC or GM but let's not act like Stefanski and Berry have earned high praise for the outstanding performances they have turned in so far this season.

The Browns Hype Machine did a great job of promoting the 2023 season as a season of high expectations from the Browns ownership down. Once the season started with the win over the Bengals, expectations continued to grow, but then reality began to set in with an unexpected loss to the Steelers followed by a win against the Titans and a home thrashing by our hated rival, the Ravens.

Suddenly, many recognized that the Browns were once again playing like the team that went 7 and 10 last season...win a game, lose 2 games. Put another way, many fans and media realized that the coaching staff and management had not done enough to change or improve upon the mediocre season of 2022. I was hoping to see a well prepared front office and coaching staff that matured during the off-season and recognized their weaknesses and put in the time and work to ensure that there would be improvement.

After the Ravens loss, it became obvious to many that if this team was going to compete for a playoff birth the management and coaching staff had to "lead", on a weekly basis and begin to stack wins.

Keep in mind, it was not just a few board members from this message board that showed their disappointment in Stefanski and Berry, but nationally the media was reassessing the Browns organization...

...Ranking all 32 of the NFL coaches

Updated 1 day ago | By Seth Trachtman
link

Obviously, the disappointment in the coaching and management of the Browns goes well beyond our DawgTalk message board.

I simply want to see the Browns coaches and management team put the time and work in to ensure the team is ready to take advantage of this opportunity against the Colts.

I simply can't allow myself to get excited about more than one game at a time...we never know when to be prepared for another unexpected let down from those running this franchise...specifically, Stefanski's offense and Berry's ability to judge talent.

What is so interesting about this list is the amount of time the HC has been with the team and posts on this forum criticizing certain coaches but giving Stefanski a bye.

Interesting facts about the list:
1) The bottom 3 HC's (Gannon ARI, Steichen IND, and Ryans HOU) are all rookie HC's taking over teams that lost 12 or 13 games last season.
2) The next 4 HC's 26-29 (Eberflus CHI, Allen NOS, Bowles TBB, and McDaniels LVR) are all 2nd year HC's with 3 of the 4 having as many wins in the 2023 season as Stefanski.
3) Stefanski CLE is ranked 25th and is the only coach in the bottom ranked 12 in his 4th year or greater with a team.
4) 21-24 consist of 2 HC's in their 2nd year (O'Connell MIN and Daboll NYG) and 2 HC's in their 3rd year (Smith ATL and Staley LAC)

According to the DawgTalk Message Board HC standards for retention, none of the bottom 12 excluding Stefanski should be worried about being fired because it would be disruptive to their teams, and they need a chance to grow and improve as a HC. This would leave one to believe that they all deserve at least 5-years with their current teams like many here think Stefanski deserves.

Last edited by steve0255; 10/20/23 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Berry has been great. Not sure why anyone would drag him through the mud. Ski just has no talent for how to use his talent. Thankfully, the D has Schwartz. Ski blows.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Ranking? Who is Seth?

If anyone does not look at each case in a stand alone light. Where all factors are considered in a comprehensive manner.

Then all they are doing is writing something to get attention for themselves.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you think quarterback play has anything to do with results?

Well haven't you heard? Who Stefanski has been given to play the QB position has nothing to do with it. I mean WHT hell is wrong with the Patriots? Bilichick should be playoff bound with Mac Jones at QB, right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Ranking? Who is Seth?

Per his bio on that site: "Seth Trachtman
Seth Trachtman is a fantasy sports expert and diehard Kansas City Chiefs fan." ....and that's it for credentials.
rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I've wanted to give a couple my thoughts but have been extremely busy due to the new Fiscal Year.

Anyways. regarding Stefanski and all things said about him. Let's start with the basics, we, the media or whoever has a voice/opinion on the team or what the players are thinking only means so much. Really, it doesn't mean much (just like my opinion too). We really don't know, even things that are put out in the media might only be half the truth. One thing I want to bring up is about Stefanski and team culture.

What I do believe is watching what is happening and going by some of the actions. Here's an example of what I mean: Let's take the former DC Woods. Last year was a prime example of this situation. What we saw on the field: Defense looked slow, they looked confused, looked terrible, etc. What we saw from the players: Defensive teammates calling each other out, pointing fingers, and in many ways blaming Woods. Is this what you saw and heard too? I don't need some random writer telling me what to think about Woods. I am literally hearing and seeing from the players the issue with him.

Now every coach will have a little bit of drama with a player. Thats normal. Brady and Bill B. had a few and down the line. So, the Baker thing was nothing. OBJ same thing. Besides that, is part of who they are. Outside of those cases, how many times have you seen players call out Stef? How many times have you heard any real bad comments? J. Johnson, Miles and few others had no problem when they were frustrated with Woods. I would like to think those veteran voices would definitely have spoken out in these past few years.

I think Schwartz only brought the culture in tigher. One of the actions I saw of this was when the team came out of the locker room for the Niners game. The defense walking out through the concourse/tunnel with the boombox coming out as a team.

Stefanski is far from perfect, but I think he has the respect of his players and that is what matters.

Legend
Legend
Ranking? Who is Seth?

Steve0255 wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think one of the issues is Schwartz didn't bring the culture tighter, he defined the culture. We even had one of the star players saying Schwartz is having an effect on the whole team, not just the defense. I thought the comment was an indictment on Stefanski. I don't beleive that was the players intention, but it was an interesting glimpse into the behind the scenes workings of a team four years into the head coach's tenure with a brand new DC.

Here's the bottom line...you have a project manager head coach (organized, dispassionate, by the book, doesn't coach by gut or feel, doesn’t prioritize winning over process) who has done some good things and some poor things over his tenure, but the results can only be defined as average. He made a fortunate call to bring in a new DC and hit that out of the park. Keep stacking wins this year and make rhe playoffs. Actually achieve something and the conversation is moot. Don't and the conversation is warranted. It's not that hard. Win. Games.

If we lose to Indy it will be the typical one step forward, one step back that has defined Stefanski's tenure. It simply can't happen. I don't care who is at QB. Two teams at two completely different stages of their evolution with different goals in mind. The SF win will mean nothing if they lose to Indy...and will say a lot about this Stefanski lead team.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Rishuz #2036112 10/21/23 10:35 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dispassionate? You do realize a lot of great coaches didn't throw tantrums like Woody Hayes, right? See, that's nothing but spin. It's about one's perspective alone. One could say keeping your composure on the sidelines helps keep your team calm and focused. That being overly emotional under stress is a sign of weakness. So that doesn't make your perception a reality.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #2036201 10/22/23 10:10 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I think one of the issues is Schwartz didn't bring the culture tighter, he defined the culture. We even had one of the star players saying Schwartz is having an effect on the whole team, not just the defense. I thought the comment was an indictment on Stefanski. I don't beleive that was the players intention, but it was an interesting glimpse into the behind the scenes workings of a team four years into the head coach's tenure with a brand new DC.

Here's the bottom line...you have a project manager head coach (organized, dispassionate, by the book, doesn't coach by gut or feel, doesn’t prioritize winning over process) who has done some good things and some poor things over his tenure, but the results can only be defined as average. He made a fortunate call to bring in a new DC and hit that out of the park. Keep stacking wins this year and make rhe playoffs. Actually achieve something and the conversation is moot. Don't and the conversation is warranted. It's not that hard. Win. Games.

If we lose to Indy it will be the typical one step forward, one step back that has defined Stefanski's tenure. It simply can't happen. I don't care who is at QB. Two teams at two completely different stages of their evolution with different goals in mind. The SF win will mean nothing if they lose to Indy...and will say a lot about this Stefanski lead team.

Stefanski is 3-13 after a win. That simply isn't good enough.

Win today and start changing the narrative.

Stack wins, make the playoffs, and there will be no bigger fan than me.

Rishuz #2036213 10/22/23 10:35 AM
Legend
Legend

Stefanski is 3-13 after a win. That simply isn't good enough.

Win today and start changing the narrative.

Stack wins, make the playoffs, and there will be no bigger fan than me.

I think that stat, not only from the category of "stats that don't matter", is wildly inaccurate. He was 7-4 after a win in 2020 alone, so I just stopped tracking there.

Agree with the sentiment, just have no idea where you got that number.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2036215 10/22/23 10:45 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I just regurgitated it from 92.3 who I think was attributing it to Ruiter.

Maybe I misheard or maybe it was incomplete and should only have included the last two years.

The overarching point is still there. Start stacking wins. We are getting further and further from 2020, what appears to be a lightning in a bottle season for the Browns where everything just broke right.

1 member likes this: FATE
Rishuz #2037097 10/22/23 04:45 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
We did.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He basically Granted Watson another week to get his stuff together before throwing him under the bus.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
We saw enough of Watson today to see that he's either not ready to play or never will be

A
Legend
Legend
A
I can guarantee he's not ready. I don't know about if he ever will be, but he's not ready to play now.

23 games into his "activity" with the Browns, he's missed 11 last year due to suspension. He was not good in his 6 appearances. And this year, in his ...........what, 3 1/2 games? he's not looked good.

Sure, sure, suspension, injury, another injury. 1 and a half years into his 5 year contract, he's played less than half the games by a large margin. And "rust" isn't an excuse anymore.

So far, terrible investment.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kevin Stefanski

Link Copied to Clipboard