Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
4-2

The Browns need a QB

D hop will be like Phil Dawson

The teams lead scorer

Legend
Legend
Hopkins has been a really nice addition .. Berry gets props for doing that in such a swift manner this preseason

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah after York was terrible in pre-season, the FO said screw the draft pick and got us a vet kicker.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I just don't understand how DHop was even avaliable.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
2nd String
2nd String
[Linked Image from phantom-marca.unidadeditorial.es]

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

2 members like this: mgh888, lampdogg
L
Legend
Legend
L
The chargers went with the young guy, Cameron Dicker, who’s 7/8 this season.

gmstrong

-----------------

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I never want to see P J Walker on the field for the Browns again. I would prefer seeing Brady Quinn pulled from the Broadcast booth to seeing Walker under Center again, and I hated Quinn. ( I almost said Football Johnny, but then reconsidered ... )

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
T
Legend
Legend
T
It looks like once again Pittburgh is given a win they didn't earn through evil referee calls and false spots of the ball.
It's beyond imaginable.
really incorigable

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
As kid, 16, watched Browns beat Colts for NFL championship- I'm blessed- I've seen the Browns as Champions......today's game was the craziest game I've ever seen/watched online- I left for church because I couldn't take anymore---the best defense in the world......what BS- we got the W, but man I couldn't believe it after coming back from church. We played lights out, then gave them points by the dozen after screwups. I'm to old for second version of Cardiac Kids. Seattle will blow us up if we play like that again--their fans and stadium are REALLY noisy and its damn tough to get a win there.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
An ugly victory is better than a pretty loss..

At 4-2 a qb is essential to the season.

Watson was terrible, Walker not much better, and the plan to beat the Browns is to force the pass.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Just imagine the difference of record sticking with York versus DHop right now? Scarey thought isn't it.

Yet most on here give little credit for the FO going out and making that deal. I did notice a poster earlier giving kudos for the move.

Last edited by FORTBROWNFAN; 10/22/23 07:20 PM.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
It looks like once again Pittburgh is given a win they didn't earn through evil referee calls and false spots of the ball.
It's beyond imaginable.
really incorigable
Right, Throw?!?

Why do they always get every single call?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Halfback32
I never want to see P J Walker on the field for the Browns again. I would prefer seeing Brady Quinn pulled from the Broadcast booth to seeing Walker under Center again, and I hated Quinn. ( I almost said Football Johnny, but then reconsidered ... )
Who will start next week?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
KS said Watson will and Watson said he doesn't know lol so nobody knows yet

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c...

Hopkins with a gameball! Naturally, JDubs rugrats are there in the mix.

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

The problem this creates is that Watson will take all the 1st team reps again. If Watson soils himself again and has to be pulled for mental and/or injury related issues the Browns wasted a week of practice on a guy that is not ready to play.

Legend
Legend
For crying out loud.

We win a thrilling game on the road against a team that beat the Ravens and has 3 wins.

We win on the final drive with time running out with a qb who is barely able to be in the NFL.

On the last play do or die and KS gives the ball to Kareem who barely gets the nose in.

And it's not enough?

2 members like this: jfanent, columbusdawg
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

2 members like this: mgh888, PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
It's never enough, bro.

Every play call has to be psychoanalyzed. All the successful ones are generally lucky or not talked about, all others are the result of an incompetent coach. Most DT members would scrap the waffle-house-play-call-sheet and just stand on the sidelines with the crystal ball they use in the gameday thread.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: FORTBROWNFAN, Pdawg, jfanent
Legend
Legend
good for Myles ... he had a stretch today where he just dominated the entire game. That 2nd quarter is HOF resume worthy

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by jaybird
Crazy game....

Garrett and the defense won this one... walker did just enough... hope Ford is healthy... don't want to see Watson again unless he's 100%... he looked awful before going out...

crazy game, but glad defense played as well as they did when it mattered...

I agree with you, but we have to mention our clutch kicker. Wow. 55, 55 & 58 yard FGs

100% sorry I forgot about him... very thankful we made the switch before the season...

<><

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Naturally, JDubs rugrats are there in the mix.

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely inappropriate?

Young kids in a grown men's locker room directly after a game?

I get they are the owners grandkids, but it just seems bad and bush league and consistent with a dysfunctional organization.

I'm very annoyed by this. My guess is the players are as well.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is the first game this year that we won when we had no business doing so.

Pretty much across the board I think we had a bad game outside of Garrett and both kickers.

That being said this is a game we would absolutely have lost a few years ago. But somehow we found a way to win no matter how ugly it was, which also says a lot about this team.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but I'm pretty sure the broadcast said Ward was out with a head injury. Did he have another concussion?

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don’t know anything about JDub and the rug rats. Is that a kids TV show or a punk rock band?

gmstrong

-----------------

R
Legend
Legend
R
Stefanski said no concussion.

Not sure what other kind of head injury it could be.

Is there another kind?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by ~Con~Artist~
This is the first game this year that we won when we had no business doing so.

Pretty much across the board I think we had a bad game outside of Garrett and both kickers.

That being said this is a game we would absolutely have lost a few years ago. But somehow we found a way to win no matter how ugly it was, which also says a lot about this team.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet, but I'm pretty sure the broadcast said Ward was out with a head injury. Did he have another concussion?

Stefanski said after the game that he does not have a concussion. The rest of your post is pretty spot on.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Naturally, JDubs rugrats are there in the mix.

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely inappropriate?

Young kids in a grown men's locker room directly after a game?

I get they are the owners grandkids, but it just seems bad and bush league and consistent with a dysfunctional organization.

I'm very annoyed by this. My guess is the players are as well.

Watson is annoyed, too.

Or he's a psychopath and/or hates Hopkins. tongue willynilly

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

The problem this creates is that Watson will take all the 1st team reps again. If Watson soils himself again and has to be pulled for mental and/or injury related issues the Browns wasted a week of practice on a guy that is not ready to play.

I'd give walker every rep with first team...... Watson can sit until he's healthy....

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just wanted to add that I can’t shake the feeling Watson plays like a guy who knows he’s getting $230M guaranteed and doesn’t have to do much to earn it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who pays for the room Minshew or the announcers

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Just wanted to add that I can’t shake the feeling Watson plays like a guy who knows he’s getting $230M guaranteed and doesn’t have to do much to earn it.

Sure looks like a guy who doesn't want to risk much...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have been as critical of Watson as anyone, but it was obvious that he could not drive the ball at all. He just had no zip on his throws at all, and that caused major problems.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
Watson is injured. He threw exactly the way someone with a bad rotator cuff would be expected to throw. No doubt there is a dead spot in his throwing motion. IR him until he's fixed because he's not helping the team.

The defense? Oh my. They are something to see. And that blocked kick was just a Halloween trick or treat come early. Who does that? Apparently Garrett does.

4-2 right now? I don't know how to react other than to say I'm really glad it's happening. I don't know how many more games like that I can take. If we had a QB we'd be dangerous.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Only caught our last touchdown thru the end of the game. I was mystified by the colts’ 38 after our domination and stinginess of the last bunch of games. For those that watched the whole thing, what did the colts do to solve our D so effectively? I was expecting this game to be a low scoring affair. Is this something we need to be concerned about?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by BADdog
Who pays for the room Minshew or the announcers

Sorry, but Minshew is a baller and may not be elite, but is the better QB on the field a lot of days.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
Only caught our last touchdown thru the end of the game. I was mystified by the colts’ 38 after our domination and stinginess of the last bunch of games. For those that watched the whole thing, what did the colts do to solve our D so effectively? I was expecting this game to be a low scoring affair. Is this something we need to be concerned about?

Lots of bunch WR formations to expose the weakness of man to man.

Moss and Taylor are legitimate backs.

The Browns don’t have a QB. That is the concern.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
JOK was conspicuously absent for a large part of the game today. Tony Fields took his snaps. Would like to hear more about this.

Legend
Legend
Good point Milk and it's something I noticed too ... it was A LOT more Fields and A LOT less JOK than we've seen (at least that was my perspective)

My only thinking during the game (besides maybe JOK was dinged up) was that the opening 2 drives the Colts were going after us with wheel routes and I noticed JOK was in coverage ... could be something we've deemed his weakness, but we didnt want to abandon going man coverage

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 39 Colts 38 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard