Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

2 members like this: PrplPplEater, FATE
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Mitchell can get more money by waiting than by signing an extension now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Rishuz #2037895 10/25/23 04:42 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Anyone concerned Mitchell doesn't want to be in Cleveland?

Not sure if they are rumors or insinuations.

Seems like a bit of a cloud hanging over the teams heads going into the season.

we can offer him more, as long as we still have a good team I think the chances are high. He's very active in cleveland. Its like all the talk with lebron being here that he 100% was going to the knicks when his contract was up, no... this contract for sure...goes to miami, oh he's just giving NY time to build a team...goes back to the cavs then LA.. talking heads think MSG is the only place stars want to go play when the reality of it is NYC is a horrible city with an even worse fan base. Its not the draw it was.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
leadtheway #2037897 10/25/23 04:52 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Anyone concerned Mitchell doesn't want to be in Cleveland?

Not sure if they are rumors or insinuations.

Seems like a bit of a cloud hanging over the teams heads going into the season.

we can offer him more, as long as we still have a good team I think the chances are high. He's very active in cleveland. Its like all the talk with lebron being here that he 100% was going to the knicks when his contract was up, no... this contract for sure...goes to miami, oh he's just giving NY time to build a team...goes back to the cavs then LA.. talking heads think MSG is the only place stars want to go play when the reality of it is NYC is a horrible city with an even worse fan base. Its not the draw it was.

Yeah, I think the Donovan Mitchell "doesn't want to be here" vibe is media driven. Seems like they are trying to will him to NYC. I certainly do not get that vibe from fans locally.

I think Cavs fans understand he could possibly leave, but everyone seems to just be enjoying the ride and are really excited about the team this season.

We'll see if he signs the max contract if the offseason, not something to be concerned with now, however.

Legend
Legend
Cav's still on Bally... guess I won't see many games this season.

Anybody know the best way to stream the Cavs radio broadcast on a smart device?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2037913 10/25/23 07:02 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Only way I know to stream on a smart device would be through SiriusXM. FanDuel has a deal where if you place a $5 bet on any NBA game you get NBA League Pass free for 3 mos.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
SiriusXM doesn't work (I have an account). My Logitech Squeezebox says access forbidden. Can't even listen to the damned radio since I'm out of the area.

Oh well, looks like I'll be a passive fan again this year. Not paying another $20 per month for streaming service #17.

FATE #2037919 10/25/23 07:49 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Try tuning in to 1100am if you have a traditional radio. Once the sun goes down in can be heard in multiple states. I could tune in when I was in Tennessee once the sun went down.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Downloaded the radio.net app and tuned it in. Endless buffer on my laptop but started right up on my phone. I'll shoot that to my Squeezebox and I'm golden.

Thanks!

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Milk Man #2037927 10/25/23 08:27 PM
Legend
Legend
BTW... I went to my car to check the airwaves and WTAM was surprisingly clear here in Fort Wayne!

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
gotta finish this quarter strong

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
FATE #2037933 10/25/23 09:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
BTW... I went to my car to check the airwaves and WTAM was surprisingly clear here in Fort Wayne!
WTAM is crazy at night sometimes ... you can get it WAY further than you think

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Looks just like last year, I hate JB as a coach. His “offense” is trash and his rotations don’t make sense. Been the same since he’s been here. This team goes as the individual efforts go. Its first game and I usually don’t watch first 10 until things get settled but I wanted to see the new guys, looks like we signed two osmans instead of the one we had. Paint wide open as Mobley still can’t play the 5. We miss Allen big time. If garland and Mitchell aren’t going off the team just can’t do anything. Frustrating watching them so far against a very meh Nets team

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Spida brings the pain in a come from behind thriller!

114-113 good guys.

leadtheway #2037939 10/25/23 10:17 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Great finish to the game. Max Strus with an outstanding debut hitting seven 3's and grabbing 12 rebounds.

Cavs plan for this season was to shoot 40+ threes per game. Tonight they shot 43 hitting at nearly a 40% rate.

Garland and Mitchell had 11 steals between them.

Legend
Legend
Strus had quite a debut!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Strus is going to be good for us. Defense is still an issue for him. Garland and Mitchell are still probably the best backcourt in the NBA imo, Our offense is still bad, its all individual effort plays, proof of that is our bench play.. Lavert had 11 and the rest of the bench had 4 points.. compare that to Nets. Theirs is more sustainable. I believe a big part of last years flop in playoffs was mitchell/garland were worn out by the time we got there. Have to have better balance and confidence the bench can get you through games. Last year both Garland and Mitchell were above 35 min a game, first game this season both up there again. Not sure what the plan with Bates is but its pretty odd your first pick of the draft isn't playing. Especially considering he's been good all summer and preseason. Add in how bad the bench play was, I would have gave Niangs minutes to him when it was clear Niang wasn't doing anything. I am going to be curious is Isaiah Mobley and TT get minutes. If they can't get minutes over Damian Jones, then they probably don't need to be here because Jones looks rough out there on both ends but particularly Defense.. His defense is what let them in the game after we pulled ahead in the first half. We really miss Allen, he at the 5 and mobley at the 4 really make that defense run

leadtheway #2038093 10/26/23 11:55 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Kevin Harlan is the best...

Legend
Legend
I love Kevin Harlan

L
Legend
Legend
L
This is not a good team. You have Mitchell and then no one. The perimeter defense is still historically bad and it cost them again tonight . Strus and Niang altman must have been drunk. We don’t have much talent on this team outside of Mitchell garland and Mobley. Again nothing from bench and JB refuses to go deeper on the bench to find scoring options . Your first pick of the draft with two straight dnp. Last two games have been depressing after high hopes. This is a 40 win team as it sits. We have to defend better and we have to find some scoring options off the bench. JB with more bad substitutions down the stretch taking lavert off the floor who was shutting down Alexander and was the only other scorer tonight and OKC came right back and ended it down by 10 when lavert went out.

Legend
Legend
OKC has some offensive PLAYERS ... really impressive team to watch

leadtheway #2038185 10/27/23 10:36 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Allen was out, and Garland was out. We lost by 3. Yep, time to blow it all up. rolleyes

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
leadtheway #2038195 10/28/23 06:47 AM
Legend
Legend
This is not a good team. You have Mitchell and then no one. The perimeter defense is still historically bad and it cost them again tonight . Strus and Niang altman must have been drunk. We don’t have much talent on this team outside of Mitchell garland and Mobley. Again nothing from bench and JB refuses to go deeper on the bench to find scoring options . Your first pick of the draft with two straight dnp. Last two games have been depressing after high hopes. This is a 40 win team as it sits. We have to defend better and we have to find some scoring options off the bench. JB with more bad substitutions down the stretch taking lavert off the floor who was shutting down Alexander and was the only other scorer tonight and OKC came right back and ended it down by 10 when lavert went out.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-.../in-depth/positive-thinking/art-20043950

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
leadtheway #2038203 10/28/23 10:02 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R

I wouldn't go this far, but there are two glaring issues with the Cavs. The first is JB. This team needs a hard nosed coach, not a babysitter.

The second is Mobley. We have been waiting three years for this mythical leap forward. He is literally the same player two seasons ago as he is now. No improvement at all. I think this "Giannis ceiling" ship has sailed. You have what you have. He's a third option on a contending team. It's very disappointing to see unfold. It's basically Mitchell and everyone else. He's going to get worn out.

As for OKC, all I keep reading and hearing is how up and coming they are. I'm just never impressed when I watch them. I know SGA has the numbers, but he has to work so hard to get shots up. I just don't see them growing into real contenders.

Rishuz #2038930 10/29/23 08:22 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L

I wouldn't go this far, but there are two glaring issues with the Cavs. The first is JB. This team needs a hard nosed coach, not a babysitter.

The second is Mobley. We have been waiting three years for this mythical leap forward. He is literally the same player two seasons ago as he is now. No improvement at all. I think this "Giannis ceiling" ship has sailed. You have what you have. He's a third option on a contending team. It's very disappointing to see unfold. It's basically Mitchell and everyone else. He's going to get worn out.

As for OKC, all I keep reading and hearing is how up and coming they are. I'm just never impressed when I watch them. I know SGA has the numbers, but he has to work so hard to get shots up. I just don't see them growing into real contenders.

I’m tracking with you on both accounts. If JB’s dad wasn’t Bernie he’d be working at footlocker. This team is soft. And Mobley is meh, I’d move him or garland to get some help. Garland is good but hurt constantly. Altman basically replaced osman with two osman in strus and niang. I’m sure we will go on enough of a run to just be disappointed in the playoffs again. I’m hoping JB is on a short leash. The windows in nba are a lot smaller

R
Legend
Legend
R
Wow. Cavs are a hot mess.

L
Legend
Legend
L
They suck. There’s not a single thing special about them. Altman and JB need to go. Okoro is a bust, Mobley should be a lot better than he is, garland is a pansy and needs to be traded for someone that actually plays. Then you have waste of roster space like wade, TT, niang. JB is below 500 as a coach. It’s time to move on.

leadtheway #2039279 10/31/23 09:23 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
If I was Mitchell I wouldn't want to stay. You were promised a guy with a Giannis like ceiling and Mobley is just so average. Non aggressive. Doesn't look for the ball. They run no offense for him. Probably because he has no offense. Not a single offensive move. Literally no improvement since year one. That's crazy. The Cavs are held to a participation trophy standard and it shows.

If I was Mitchell I would run away from this as fast as I could.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I always say Mobley is 7’ but plays like he’s 5 ft. Dude is soft. Makes Daugherty look like shaq

leadtheway #2039284 10/31/23 09:45 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
JB with a lot of nerve pulling Mobley early. Rewarded him for poor play.

I would have made him finish the game.

Legend
Legend
Knicks have really outplayed the Cavs in the past 6 games ... the physicality wears them down

R
Legend
Legend
R
Mobley laying another egg tonight.

He's afraid of Robinson and Hartenstein.

Legend
Legend
Needed that win last night

Dawgs4Life #2039491 11/02/23 10:19 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
The win was good. The team needs to get better and tougher in a hurry though.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
We need to get healthy.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

First night of the in-season tournament, all 5 of our starters are playing. Let’s GO Cavs

L
Legend
Legend
L
Curb stomped. Typical JB /altman team. This team has zero heart or hustle. You have Mitchell and a bunch of jags. Soft is the best way to describe this team. The sooner they realize this isn’t the staff the better. But it will probably be too late to keep Mitchell

L
Legend
Legend
L
Mitchell once again willing them back into the game. Dude should be in very serious discussions as MVP, this is. A 30 win team without him

L
Legend
Legend
L
Side note, easily the ugliest court I’ve ever seen in my life

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/NBA

Link Copied to Clipboard