Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bonefish
Nobody is forcing you to watch. Don't.

rofl

We all suffer. Some are just more vocal about it. But the entire Baker thing is just sad to see posted here. I mean right now he would be the best backup the Browns would have on the roster if he was here so there's that I suppose.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I honestly think Baker would be the perfect backup.

Not for the Browns because of the baggage. But for any other team.

I like Baker. Always have. I wanted him to be the man in Cleveland real bad. It is a bummer it did not happen.

The trade for DW was a risk worth taking at the time. It still could prove to be worth it.

He will never be my favorite player. I accept that. I have worked with people I did not care for. I just did my job and accepted that as well.

I want to win as fast as possible. I don't want another rebuild and quarterback search. I want to stay the course.

I think that it will give the Browns the best chance to win soon.

Any change from that will be years of waiting inside another dark tunnel with no light at the end.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why would or should Baker be a backup? He's a middle of the pack starter in the NFL at the present time. He's currently ranked #16 by NFL.com

NFL QB Index, Week 8: Patrick Mahomes vaults back to No. 1; Kirk Cousins closing in on top five

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-8-2023-nfl-season

Risks are only worth taking if they pan out. Risks either fail or they succeed. That's the only real world measurable to determine whether they were worth taking. The jury is still out on that one.

For me there's a huge cavern between understanding why someone took a risk and whether that risks turns out to be one that was worth taking. I understand why they took the risk. Whether it's one that was worth taking remains to be seen.

I don't see making any wholesale changes much like yourself. But really, what difference would it make how we feel about it? They married watson with that contract. It is what it is. We have no choice if we plan to continue following this team except to sit back and watch it all play out. All we can do is hope this movie has a happy ending. So far the plot line reads more like a tragedy.

The scenario I see that may most likely play out is the this FO uses Stefanski as a scapegoat to excuse the watson failure over the first two seasons. Let's hope that doesn't happen. But somebody will be forced to take the blame for it. And we should both know by now if they can make someone else take the blame for it, they will.

The best possible hope I have to avoid that is for watson to return as the starter and ball out. Something I feel pretty sure the vast majority of us hope for.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bonefish
Nobody is forcing you to watch. Don't.

I’ll root for and watch however the hell I want there, bone. AND idgaf how you do your fandom, I’ll do mine my way, thank you very much. DW and Ski are the issues I have, and yes, I damn sure think we’d have been better off sticking with Baker. Couldn’t have been much worse.

IMHO, we’ll continue to suck until Ski and DW are gone, period. And probably after that for a while longer because we just can’t get right in Cleveland.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/02/23 03:39 PM.
2nd String
2nd String
Who Would You Start?

Myles Garrett.

Legend
Legend
More power to you.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would start Jacoby Brissett aka Jakey Brisket, because I wouldn't have been dumb enough not to keep a quality backup on the roster in the first place.

Ok Ok, enough smugness, out of what we have I'd start PJ Walker, but I would alter the playbook to suit his strengths like we did for 2 quarters against the Seahawks when we did well.

Legend
Legend
Van Pelt?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure this is the right question to be asking. The correct question IMO, is what playcalling do you want? Again IMO.. that answer is Run the Ball Kevin! Screens, quick strikes, target Njoku For Gawds sakes Stefanski help out the QB.. either one.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
1 member likes this: Tackman
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not that our votes mean anything but I would vote to sit him and start PJ and whole lot of running game and defensive swarming. Even if we lose this game (a very real possibility) the two games after this one are pretty much critical. We need to take one of them and do our absolute most to take both. We need to be as set up for success in those two games as humanly possible. Unless DW is 100%, sit him.

Last edited by 10YrOvernightSuccess; 11/03/23 11:26 AM.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Watson looks to be on track to start

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
keep him upright and let's have him be smart

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hope he’s 100%. Truth is it seems ski takes him at his word and his word is, er, sketchy at times.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's my biggest concern with all of this. We saw what happened the last time he was supposed to be "ready". The first time he was hit he crumbled like a rag doll. I'm not predicting that is what will happen this time, but everyone who has had a rotator cuff injury knows that if you rush it there will be setbacks. I'm just hoping that he isn't rushing back like last time and we continue to see a rinse and repeat continue because he isn't being given sufficient time to recover. It appears we will find out soon enough.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Sweet Baby Jesus.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Over/Under on how many snaps he will actually take and of those how many off target passes there will be?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
DW has to get back his throwing motion so it may take 3 or 4 possessions to work this out. There's also the possibility of a little rust! wink

Legend
Legend
rofl

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Maybe DW should try Instaflex to help loosen things up!! thumbsup smile

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think we have to stick with Watson tomorrow just so he can get into a rhythm .. if he's deemed healthy enough then we gotta go with it

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Sources: Cardinals QB Clayton Tune expected to start vs. Browns

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...qb-clayton-tune-expected-start-vs-browns

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
thanks bud

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I think we have to stick with Watson tomorrow just so he can get into a rhythm .. if he's deemed healthy enough then we gotta go with it

You mean like he was deemed healthy enough the last time when he got taken out of the game the fist time he was hit? Hopefully he's deemed to be healthier than that.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Hopefully he's deemed to be healthier than that.

If we get a 3 TD or more (lol...) lead in the 2nd half, I'd put DTR in there to 'rest' DW....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he landed after he jumped. naughtydevil

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I'd start PJ Walker until Watson became completely ready to play again,
I'm pretty sure Walker gives you a better chance to win, until one of the other two can outplay him.

And, Can Watson do that yet? ... Not sure.
and
DTR? Come on, how could you ruin his confidence more than what you did in the Baltimore game?
If you were going to go with DTR... this week... you're best bet is to announce that, the SECOND the previous game ends.

These .. obvious.. nuances are Not NEW, b/c football hasn't changed That much in all these years. < analyze that, analytics dummies.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
2nd String
2nd String
I think the tomorrow's Watson same as the usual Watson...BAD willynilly

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

You mean like he was deemed healthy enough the last time when he got taken out of the game the fist time he was hit? Hopefully he's deemed to be healthier than that.
yes of course

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he landed after he jumped. naughtydevil

Son of a gun....the frog just grew a pair. (I simply had the wrong QB)....lol).

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Cardinals 0 Who Would You Start?

Link Copied to Clipboard