Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
No Chubb, back up to the back up LT and RT, and a still banged up/out of sync QB, and we won. Love it!!

I gotta say, it's pretty damned impressive - especially after starting fast in a 14-0 hole.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Who was our LT today, Christian #64? Where did he come from? Played not too bad....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
No Chubb, back up to the back up LT and RT, and a still banged up/out of sync QB, and we won. Love it!!

That is an amazing fact... and the media will not highlight that.... we got people stepping up all over the place.

Legend
Legend
If only we can stop treating 1st quarters like a preseason game, we might not be in this tight games

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
If only we can stop treating 1st quarters like a preseason game, we might not be in this tight games

Watson just seems like a slow starter. Got to get him going faster.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
- This Browns team is resilient.

- Loved to see a number of defensive players come up to Hopkins after he missed the XP to let him know they still had his back.

- The entire offense pushing Ford into FG range was a beautiful sight.

- Ford quietly had a really nice game.

- Watching Njoku drag defenders is always fun.

- Browns overcame sevral key injuries.

- Hat tip to the defensive line.

- Delpit earning a big contract this offseason.

- This season has been Stefanski's best coaching job.

- Jordan Elliott's blocked FG ended up being a gamechanger.

Gameballs: Watson and Newsome

Next: Go handle the Steelers.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Watson just seems like a slow starter. Got to get him going faster.

Very true. Thankfully we still have an amazing run game to help with that.

Shout out to Ford, went for 107 with a 6.3 average! We had 178 as a team!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
a few things:

- WOW what a win
- Credit to our OL down the stretch .. I wasn't happy with the (backups/2nd backups) OT but they really made their mark
- Credit to Watson. He made some BIG plays for us .. .the throw to Cooper and the big run
- Credit to Ford. He has earned more and more respect
- Defense was huge down the stretch. We had them in hell after that big pass to Andrews

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Only thing that would have made it better is if someone would have pulled a gardocki

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I will be honest. I thought the missed extra point would come back and bite us. It has happened so many times. I am 72 years old and have seen it way to many times. Glad I was wrong.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

Who was our LT today, Christian #64? Where did he come from? Played not too bad....
I don’t know his first name haha!
Gerod? Gerry? Gary? I watched him a few plays and he seemed to not be a turnstile.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
GREAT GREAT WIN!!! I didn't think we could do it. I'll be on a high all weeeeeeeeek!!!! I'd rather have pheasant under glass but I'll gladly eat Crow.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Football the rest of the week is just nicer to watch after a win

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
So at the 14-3 score, and the Browns showing as much life as Jimmy Hoffa, I bailed on the game. I went Lazy Boy shopping for my 91 year old Mom to see if I could find something with the features she wants. So disgusted, I didn't look up a score or nothing. Fast forward to about 4:05 I get home and tune into the game fully expecting some 45-3 type score and see 31-30 with the Browns apparently playing some actual ball. And of course, the Dayton Double Miracle unfolded before me, Browns pull out a win and the Bengals lose.

Moral of the story: You're all welcome. Seems like whenever I watch every millisecond they stink, but when I give up, they win. Go Browns! Steeler's Week inbound.

L
Legend
Legend
L
You should go shopping next Sunday. wink

gmstrong

-----------------

2 members like this: FATE, Clemdawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Keep giving up TT!!!!

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

He is a former 2018 3rd round draft pick by the Redskins. At that time, Bill Callahan was the Reskins OL coach and Assistant HC. He has battled injuries throughout his career.

Safe to say, Callahan had a large say in the Browns signing Geron Christian.

2 members like this: JimDawg, lampdogg
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I AM HERE WITH YOUR CROW, DOOMERS!!
Drumstick please.

1 member likes this: RememberMuni
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
In October 1968 we went into Baltimore and beat what was at the time, considered to be the best team in the league the Baltimore Colts 30-20 and they were until the Super Bowl. We did the same thing today.!!! Hats off to my Cleveland Browns.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Best team that we’ve had since ‘86.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
Some heroes in this game.

Just off the top of my head:

David Njoku just dragging defenders for extra yards.

The entire Oline on that last drive....especially the play where they pushed Ford ahead for an extra 10.

Hopkins for overcoming the miss and kicking the walkoff.

Z Smith for just steamrolling that OT. Good God that was awesome!

DW overcoming early mishaps and showing leadership......making plays when it counted. Looked like he was hurt while doing it.

Miles Garrett for having Lamar run scared all day, and the 2 consecutive sacks that seemed to just take the steam out of their offense.

Amari Cooper for just being himself and making clutch catches.

Newsome and the other defenders that circled Hopkins after the missed XP and looked like they were saying something like, "don't sweat it, we'll get you a chance to make it right". That's a team.

What a game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: DawgPound75, bbrowns32
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This one is for The Ravenkiller!!! God bless his soul

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
6 members like this: captainphil, tastybrownies, Clemdawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
An amazing stat. We rushed for 178 yards and 4.9 yards a carry against the best D in football. Something must have been in the water!!!!!!

L
Legend
Legend
L
He was before my time here, but I like your post.

gmstrong

-----------------

2nd String
2nd String
TushPush at 45 seconds. What a gritty play by the O = GAMECHANGER

L
Legend
Legend
L
Don’t you mean “2nd best D”?

gmstrong

-----------------

2 members like this: FATE, EveDawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, our backups on D and O sure came to play. What a team effort!!!!

A
Legend
Legend
A
It was a "no way are we going to win this " after the first few minutes. I was wrong, and am happy about being wrong.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Great win in every sense. More later but if we're talking heroes, none bigger for me than Mike Ford for his big hit on Lamar.... And Hopkins. I can honestly say I thought he was going to make the game winner and felt 100% confident, well... 97% for sure.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
just watching the final drive is so clutch .. Watson made 2 really good throws, had a good run, the OL stepped up, and then Hopkins nails it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by JimDawg
TushPush at 45 seconds. What a gritty play by the O = GAMECHANGER

I watched the highlight on NFL.com. That wasn't a Tush Push, that was a full-on Rugby Scrum and I'm loving it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: bbrowns32, FATE
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by jfanent

Just off the top of my head:

David Njoku just dragging defenders for extra yards.

The entire Oline on that last drive....especially the play where they pushed Ford ahead for an extra 10.

Hopkins for overcoming the miss and kicking the walkoff.

Z Smith for just steamrolling that OT. Good God that was awesome!

DW overcoming early mishaps and showing leadership......making plays when it counted. Looked like he was hurt while doing it.

Miles Garrett for having Lamar run scared all day, and the 2 consecutive sacks that seemed to just take the steam out of their offense.

Amari Cooper for just being himself and making clutch catches.

Newsome and the other defenders that circled Hopkins after the missed XP and looked like they were saying something like, "don't sweat it, we'll get you a chance to make it right". That's a team.

What a game.

I agree completely about almost all of the posts, but one particular thing caught my attention, and it shows teamwork and attitude.

During the replay of the Ford run that turned into a scrum, the network replayed it to focus on Bitonio coming in late and pushing the pack for more. I then noticed this small body, #8, Elijiah Moore in the middle of that group of about 10 huge guys, driving his legs doing what he could. Now that little 180 lb receiver could have just taken the end of the play but he had guts and played to the end.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Rugby scrum indeed, & good that Ford kept churning his legs to give our big fatties a chance to push the pile. We out-muscled them on that play. Or out-gutted them.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
According to so many we can't win big games.

Hopefully people will get on board and believe in this team. They showed incredible heart to fight back and win the game.

Took it away from the team that everyone was ready to crown. Lamar MVP. Nice pick six with the game on the line. Ravens where did your great great defense go?

Where was their great defense when we gave them point blank TD's. All they had to do was stop us. They could not stop us.
24-9 in the third quarter all you had to do was stop us.

Missed the xtra point. All they had to do was stop us. They could not stop us with their folks in their seats.

They couldn't stop our runner while we pushed him down the field. How did it feel Ravens to watch the clock run down while we lined up
"The Game Winner."

Last edited by bonefish; 11/12/23 06:58 PM.
3 members like this: Hammer, ScottPlayersFacemask, bugs
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by jfanent

During after game interviews, bit Stefanski & Watson said he "hurt" his ankle or foot in the first half, had it retaped at halftime and played the 2nd. When asked if he thought about not going back in he said there was no question, I was playing.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
just watching the final drive is so clutch .. Watson made 2 really good throws, had a good run, the OL stepped up, and then Hopkins nails it
I'm beginning to embrace the D Watson theme music, Urgent by foreigner which originally was a fitting farce.

I've never seen a Browns team win Twelve in the reg. season in my memory, and, that goes back to 80 something? but,
... except for, Jax, Houston, maybe Pittsburgh

uh eh eeeh, the Browns, MAYY not end up ninth in the afc, uhhh, twelve wins, ehh MIGHT be possible, who knows.

They ain't won nothing yet, but best part of 6 and 3 is a chance to be
seven and 3 next week.

This team had a 2 point lead in the 2nd half in Pittsburgh on Monday night football, 8 weeks ago.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
It was a "no way are we going to win this " after the first few minutes. I was wrong, and am happy about being wrong.

I was ready to take my ball and go home at 14-0 also, amazing win and I guess that's why we make ourselves suffer and keep watching on those dark dreary blowout days.

Finally one paid off to keep watching. Thank you Browns.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
all divison affair next week. Ravens v Bengals, Browns v Steelers...

Ravens, Browns, and Steelers all 6-3, Bengals 5-4

so by end of next week, one team will be 7-3, one team will be 6-4, and there's potential for the other two teams to be 6-4 or 7-3 and 5-5
unless ties... and that would make this even funnier

T
Legend
Legend
T
Radio said the Browns rushed for One Hundred seventy eight, did the Browns really rush for that much today?
if so, wow.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
great postgame speech from KS ... next week is big again

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 31 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard