Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow! That surprised the heck out of me! Happy for the win, but I was yelling at the TV when KS had Walker throw that Hail-Mary pass at the end of the first half, smart play would have been to run a quick pass play to move a few yards closer then use our timeout and kick the FG. On to next week.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
I think it was 4th down though and we had 0 timeouts

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
If Baltimore loses and we beat Pitt, we would be alone in 1st. Just throwing that out there.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I truly think we are better than Pittsburgh, but also think it will be imperative to eliminate the turnovers. That's literally the key

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

It might have been 4th down now that I think about it but I still would have tried the FG than the Hail-Mary.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
L
Legend
Legend
L
It was 4th down yes

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
Legend
M
Heading over to the Ravens' message board.....

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
4 members like this: FATE, DaveyD, EveDawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol

gmstrong

-----------------

R
Legend
Legend
R
I truly think we are better than Pittsburgh, but also think it will be imperative to eliminate the turnovers. That's literally the key

Pitt is winning with smoke and mirrors.

2nd String
2nd String
The Browns and Lions are going to the Super Bowl.

2 members like this: Hammer, jfanent
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
a little bit of payback for the ratbird kick-six win they had against us some ways back

1 member likes this: DaveyD
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by dawg66

It might have been 4th down now that I think about it but I still would have tried the FG than the Hail-Mary.

Stefanski addressed this in post game presser. He said he thought 60 was too far and the Ravens had a returner near the goal line. I think he went for the safe play.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by JimDawg

That would be my favorite matchup.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
He keeps getting better incrementally.
Oh, plus we’e won four of our last five games, beaten the alleged best team in football twice. First SF, now Baltimore. Something for everyone to chew on. 😂

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Listen to this all you doubters and haters.

My man Q is fired up. And you know I am with you 100% Quincy

https://bleacherreport.com/cleveland-browns

Listen UP!!!!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
But Lamar was still the best QB today.

How ? Watson lead a come back victory in the Ravens house

Get over your hate

You fan your way, I’ll fan my way!

Watson did good today, but there is a ton to clean up and he was a disaster in the first quarter. I’m feeling better about him, I’ll give you that, but he wouldn’t have needed to win a comeback if he hadn’t put us in a hole in the first place. Just saying. However, I think for the first time today, he may actually work out for us. That’s a big leap for me, because the BS that came with him disgusts me and I still don’t think he’s earned the titles Elite QB nor Franchise QB.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/12/23 08:41 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by bonefish
Listen to this all you doubters and haters.

My man Q is fired up. And you know I am with you 100% Quincy

https://bleacherreport.com/cleveland-browns

Listen UP!!!!

I was on his channel for the whole game mall cop. I enjoyed every moment. Go taddle tale on someone else...SMH.

Legend
Legend
we've had a pretty tough stretch of football if you look at it: Cincy, at Pit, BAL, SF, at IND, at SEA, at BAL ... we're definitely tested

1 member likes this: jfanent
T
Legend
Legend
T
Myles may be getting tired of not having new faces to put in the Halloween graveyard of players he's sacked,
in a few more weeks when they play Houston, maybe Myles can Add C. J. Stroud and with more than one sack. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Wow, what a game and a great win by the Browns.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by JimDawg
I just saw a pig fly so maybe they are.

Legend
Legend
thats a crazy stat

Legend
Legend
Sorry. I didn't mean to go after you.

You are new. There is a lot that you are unaware of.

Q, got me fired up.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
I just know the next 3 games are very winnable (steelers, broncos, and rams), so we need to not take any of them lightly if we want to be a serious contender

T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns have 8 games remaining in the regular season are 6 and 3 after winning at Baltimore, 4 at home, 4 on the road,

Pittsburgh
At Broncos
At Rams in l a
Jacksonville, in the DAWG POUND
Chicago
At Houston
NY Jets, in Cleveland
and At Cincinnati to finish... schedule game? nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by boofers20
I just know the next 3 games are very winnable (steelers, broncos, and rams), so we need to not take any of them lightly if we want to be a serious contender

I really think this is one area Stefanski does well at. Let's them celebrate wins but quickly brings them back down to earth that they haven't accomplished anything.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Stefanski addressed this in post game presser. He said he thought 60 was too far and the Ravens had a returner near the goal line. I think he went for the safe play.

So he tries a 50/50 jump ball that could have been intercepted and returned for a TD?, the odds were a lot higher with the FG being made than the Hail-Mary being successful. Hopkins is 22 out of 37 from beyond 50+ yards (59.5% success rate) while according to ESPN Hail-Marys are only 9.7% successful.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by lampdogg
If Baltimore loses and we beat Pitt, we would be alone in 1st.

Never would have considered that before game time today! I think that I'm still in shock.....lol.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Stefanski pretending he doesn't know who they play next week.

Best part....none of the little Haslam terrors in sight.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

Who was our LT today, Christian #64? Where did he come from? Played not too bad....

He is a former 2018 3rd round draft pick by the Redskins. At that time, Bill Callahan was the Reskins OL coach and Assistant HC. He has battled injuries throughout his career.

Safe to say, Callahan had a large say in the Browns signing Geron Christian.

Many thanks, Milk. He held up well; pass protection by our Oline as a whole was pretty solid....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
lol the Haslem terrors

1 member likes this: FATE
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by boofers20
Let's take a look,
Ya, snuffed the Bengal in game one, after they had been to the afc championship twice in 2 years.
then, Ya, Had a 2 point lead in the 2nd half at Pitt on MNF< where nobody had beaten them at home on MNF in like 30 years.

Then, ya snuffed the titans which only had one drive, all by ref calls, and only reached the red zone once on a turnover for a drive that went negative nine? yards and ended in a field goal.
then, ya played Baltimore at home, and played the outlier, the rookie @uarterback in his first ever action against, well we all know what Baltimore does on def. year after, year, the game was all b/c of turnovers, 3 to 28 loss

Then, ya Beat the forty niners after falling behind seventeen to 0, not allowing any more points and holding them to 3 and out 6 times in a row in the 2nd half, and their only drive... was b/c of ref penalty help , again.

then, ya had a bye week,
then, ya played a Colts team on the road that was set to play well by law of averages, and the colt came out firing on all cylinders, but by the end of the game, the Browns won that one too.
then, ya played a seahawk team all the way across the country and lost a close one, ... my memory ain't perfect I forget
then, ya had Arizona at home, and the D Coordinator challenged the D, and...
Ya smothered the Cardinals and held them to fifty eight net yards on the Day <<< historic,

then today came, and today, Ya had a player take a turnover to the TD on play number one, ya had a player muff a punt return to give the other team a new down set in your own ten yard line
ya, had the Refs on no fewer than five different times help the other team continue a drive by throwing flags that didn't really occur and were away from the play, 3 in half one, and 2 in half two,

Ya had a coverage breakdown result in a td to your former WR.
But you got your own TD, by Kareem Hunt, and the 2 point conversion, and got a number of field goals
you missed and XP, but
on the final play of the game ya hit a FG and came out with a win on the road in the Div.

Does that sound like contenders? you've had defensive touchdowns in 2 of your last 4 games... If ya can keep it up it does sound like contenders to me.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Stefanski pretending he doesn't know who they play next week.

Best part....none of the little Haslam terrors in sight.

its so hard not to like stefanski when you see how he interacts with players and the fact they fight for him. Can he do better in things, absolutely. But he def still has that locker room

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

So he tries a 50/50 jump ball that could have been intercepted and returned for a TD?, the odds were a lot higher with the FG being made than the Hail-Mary being successful. Hopkins is 22 out of 37 from beyond 50+ yards (59.5% success rate) while according to ESPN Hail-Marys are only 9.7% successful.

Tell me the last time a Hail Mary into the end zone returned for a TD?

Legend
Legend
there did seem to be an awfully lot of drama today ... plenty of games seemed to end the exact same way

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Tell me the last time a Hail Mary into the end zone returned for a TD?

Let me add to your post Fort….it would've been a career freaking long for Hopkins. Here’s some negative thinking that some of you love. Well, he could’ve have had the field goal blocked and returned for a TD. He could’ve kicked it short and returned for a TD.

Stef’s call was fine. He probably made his decision from either intel from Hopkins and/or Bubba and also knowing his two tackles were out.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 31 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard