Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watson will be fine next year.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think DW will be ready to go next year too.

Legend
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
·
1m
Joe Flacco is the only QB working out for the #Browns today, a source said. They'll add someone to practice squad or active roster by the time they prep for Denver next week. TBD is that happens this week or next

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
I didn’t say that his career is over. I said that it’s a possibility that he needs to protect his arm so that he can lift it in the future.

You....literally started your post by saying that...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by FATE
Guys, his career is over.

poke

I laugh hysterically anytime the average Joe compares a personal malady to that of NFL player and expect people to take it seriously.

NFL players are in pinnacle shape and have access to not only the best medical care, but as importantly, 24hr access to the best rehab available. Just stop with worthless analogies.

They also have been conditioned to push their bodies WAY past the point any of us weekend warriors. If his shoulder can be repaired so that he can throw a ball, he's gonna do it and be back out there ASAP, long-term health be damned.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Milk Man

poke

I laugh hysterically anytime the average Joe compares a personal malady to that of NFL player and expect people to take it seriously.

NFL players are in pinnacle shape and have access to not only the best medical care, but as importantly, 24hr access to the best rehab available. Just stop with worthless analogies.

They also have been conditioned to push their bodies WAY past the point any of us weekend warriors. If his shoulder can be repaired so that he can throw a ball, he's gonna do it and be back out there ASAP, long-term health be damned.

Drew Brees had the same injury before he went to New Orleans. I think he did just fine with the Saints.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, if we get post-shoulder injury Drew Brees, I won't complain. Not saying it's going to go that way, but heaven willing...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c recovery time for a glenoid fracture surgery is roughly 6-12 weeks, so - in theory - it may be conceivable that Watson returns for the postseason.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

poke

rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Yeah, if we get post-shoulder injury Drew Brees, I won't complain. Not saying it's going to go that way, but heaven willing...

Yes, however, Brees wasn’t suffering from depression, cant handle any kind of pain, can’t handle negative media/fans because his ego is so fragile, wants to sit out because he hates it here and wants to play somewhere else. I’m probably missing some other issues he’s going through and this are his issues just for this year!

Legend
Legend
Have we ever had a QB play a complete season? Not having viable backups is insane.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Yes, however, Brees wasn’t suffering from depression, cant handle any kind of pain, can’t handle negative media/fans because his ego is so fragile, wants to sit out because he hates it here and wants to play somewhere else. I’m probably missing some other issues he’s going through and this are his issues just for this year!

You are missing a lot. Any actual evidence any of those things are true is what you're missing. He played hurt with a shoulder injury. He also was playing much better before he was sidelined. There's nothing substantial to indicate anything you said there is true.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Burrow is out for the season per Ian Rapoport.

Cincinnati has first-year Jake Browning as their backup. I guess they were ill-prepared for a backup QB too.

Two weeks in a row Baltimore has season-injured a starting AFCN QB. I guess that is one way to help your chances of winning a division.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Showing how there are others in the league who made the same mistake doesn't lessen the mistake. Especially when you had a capable backup on the roster and traded him away for a ham sandwich and a six pack.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
From the Bengals Board lol

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
Now there's no way we'll get AJ Mccarron! banghead

3 members like this: jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask, oobernoober
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Now there's no way we'll get AJ Mccarron! banghead

Check the Fax machine!

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

You are missing a lot. Any actual evidence any of those things are true is what you're missing. He played hurt with a shoulder injury. He also was playing much better before he was sidelined. There's nothing substantial to indicate anything you said there is true.

Back off man, he's a diagnostician, mental and physical. You can tell DW doesn't want to be here because he played with both injuries and led us on the game winning drive.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

It’s sarcasm. It wasn’t directed at the poster. My point was Brees didn’t have the crazy negativity from the media and fan base. Those are just some of the crazy opinions that were out there

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Pitt, everything is this for that! Pay more for a backup QB you might not use. It means you pay less for a backup at another position, maybe WR. You could possibly use the backup receiver in every game.

I get the QB position is the most important. In the end, Flacco is available and Berry did not need to pay him for the first half of the season. You could argue there are better options, but that would come at a price.

I always think roster building is the best debate around. There are so many ways it can be done and everyone's ideal roster is the correct one!

On a side note, I did not think Flacco was available. I'm not sure when the last time Flacco played behind a good OL. This could actually be a really good signing.

2nd String
2nd String
From the Bengals Board lol

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]

LOL! Her husband is a Browns fan. They will be drinking long and hard.

Legend
Legend
Jc

Should’ve drafted Lamar. Far more durable than Watson and Burrow have been.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
Letting Joe Burrow play probably wasn’t the most sensible decision to take and I’m not totally comparing his situation to Deshaun Watson but there’re some similarities.

My experience is that organizations with healthier working environments have a better chance to reduce “unlucky” decisions when the pressure to win is demanding.

I talked about this before. You need leaders with good values and strong principles who’s brave enough to look beyond short term results. It’s not easy because a GM/HC and players are living in a result oriented environment where bad results can cost money and jobs, but my experience is that executive leaders like a GM/HC who hold on to sensible values even in stressful situations last longer and in the end can produce better results. (but it’s easier to say than to do…)

From the Browns perspective I lay most of the blame on the owners, a good culture mostly starts at the top and those beneath in the organization often mirror their master.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Swish
Jc

I've begrudgingly become a Lamar fan over time. I like the player and the person.

Unfortunately he plays for the Ravens. Fortunately he's beatable, but makes it very hard.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Letting Joe Burrow play probably wasn’t the most sensible decision to take and I’m not totally comparing his situation to Deshaun Watson but there’re some similarities.

My experience is that organizations with healthier working environments have a better chance to reduce “unlucky” decisions when the pressure to win is demanding.

I talked about this before. You need leaders with good values and strong principles who’s brave enough to look beyond short term results. It’s not easy because a GM/HC and players are living in a result oriented environment where bad results can cost money and jobs, but my experience is that executive leaders like a GM/HC who hold on to sensible values even in stressful situations last longer and in the end can produce better results. (but it’s easier to say than to do…)

From the Browns perspective I lay most of the blame on the owners, a good culture mostly starts at the top and those beneath in the organization often mirror their master.

I think the Browns are turning the culture thing around. I really don't understand the flack the Haslams continue to take. They are largely invisible, are willing to spend, haven't made a coaching or GM change in four years, we dont seem to have any issues signing free agents, and the team is firmly in the playoff hunt. I think the son-in-law can be an issue in the future, but other than that I think they've turned this thing around. I think...think...Berry and Stefanski are mostly respected in the league.

There just don't seem to be a lot of culture issues anymore, imo.

2 members like this: EveDawg, Homewood Dog
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Haha jokes on me for saying his career is over and then moronically refuting myself. I’ll ask for understanding and forgiveness. I ended my workday Thursday evening at 750 pm and was tying one on when I started posting. I kept the party going when I woke up yesterday. Let’s just say that the Mrs.isn’t too happy with me. - Neither is my stomach, liver, head, and wallet.

I’m sure that he’ll return. From what I remember, I had my surgery in February and was golfing by late April that year.

3 members like this: dawglover05, ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bugs
Pitt, everything is this for that! Pay more for a backup QB you might not use. It means you pay less for a backup at another position, maybe WR. You could possibly use the backup receiver in every game.

I get the QB position is the most important. In the end, Flacco is available and Berry did not need to pay him for the first half of the season. You could argue there are better options, but that would come at a price.

I always think roster building is the best debate around. There are so many ways it can be done and everyone's ideal roster is the correct one!

On a side note, I did not think Flacco was available. I'm not sure when the last time Flacco played behind a good OL. This could actually be a really good signing.

That would be great if one doesn't stop to think about it for a minute. How hard is it to determine that your backup QB is far more important than you fifth or sixth WR on the roster? Often times teams miss the playoffs by a single game or two. That is the minimum time it will take to sign a FA QB and get him ready to start. The risk verses reward factor here is obvious.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Floquinho

I think the Browns are turning the culture thing around. I really don't understand the flack the Haslams continue to take. They are largely invisible, are willing to spend, haven't made a coaching or GM change in four years, we dont seem to have any issues signing free agents, and the team is firmly in the playoff hunt. I think the son-in-law can be an issue in the future, but other than that I think they've turned this thing around. I think...think...Berry and Stefanski are mostly respected in the league.

There just don't seem to be a lot of culture issues anymore, imo.

Just a few counter points.

- Being invisible is probably a good approach but despite that we actually have no clue whatsoever if they’re (the Haslams) involved or not in key decisions.

- Willing to spend isn’t enough if the organization doesn’t use the money wisely. The jury is still out regarding the Watson deal . Secondly who has the final say whenever big contracts is involved?

- We don’t know if keeping our GM and HC has been the right decision or not when we don’t know what a new HC/GM could do. So that argument is hard to debate. We hired JS as our new DC and judging from that move it paid off to change an underperforming coach.

I had said it before and I say it again that AB deserves credit for this seasons success, especially our D has been outstanding. Despite all good trades there’re question marks about our back up QB.

Maybe he will prove us all wrong, maybe not, but judging from his earlier performances we pessimists have every right to be skeptical. I have felt safer if we have kept Dobbs.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol Muni. I’ve never posted here when drinking, not one time, ever, in my posting history.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Lol Muni. I’ve never posted here when drinking, not one time, ever, in my posting history.

Here's to ya! grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by lampdogg

Drinking? Me either…

L
Legend
Legend
L
Like, never.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Well, let's pop your cherry. Drinks are on me after tomorrow's big W... we'll tear this place up!

1 member likes this: GMdawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol, lost my cherry many seasons ago , and nights on DT

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: JimDawg, ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
On a lighter note.

Every time a surgery is done. They always say it was successful.

I have never heard an announcement where the report said "well we really botched this one. He will be out for a long time."

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Jc

I wanted Allen...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
On a lighter note.

I have never heard an announcement where the report said "well we really botched this one. He will be out for a long time."

I dunno... Alex Smith had a few complications after his....

I've seen a few botched surgeries in my day, but you're right... NFL typically always reports they were 'successful'

<><

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by bonefish
On a lighter note.

LMAO...that was great.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Out For The Year

Link Copied to Clipboard