Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
DTR, DTR, DTR

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
what are the options? Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers ..? Todd Philcox?

Carson Wentz, Tom Terrific, Tim Couch, Mike Pagel

R
Legend
Legend
R
I hope the team isn't hanging their heads like the fans are. Elite defense and one of the easiest remaining schedules. Playoffs are still within reach.

The most important thing for this year now is the playoffs. Just get in.

And unleash DTR! No Walker.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
I agree ... Walker isn't the answer. This isn't a 1 week thing now .. it's a 1/2 season thing. Gotta play the guy with the higher ceiling

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DaveyD
That Josh Dobbs trade gets worse by the second.

Ain't that the truth. The Browns have no legitimate contingency plan in place at all. Unless they actually felt that Walker or DTR WAS a legitimate contingency plan. And if so, shame on them.

Year 2 of the 230 million dollar man gone. 2 down and three to go.

Somehow through all of the hope of this season I think those of us who have been around long enough felt that some way, somehow, the other shoe would drop. It never seems to fail.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree ... Walker isn't the answer. This isn't a 1 week thing now .. it's a 1/2 season thing. Gotta play the guy with the higher ceiling

At 6-3 you give up and play the person with "the highest ceiling"? That seems to be the roll over and play dead approach.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
and now the SERIOUS questions begin about Watson's future. He's going to be on the wrong side of 30, having missed MULTIPLE seasons, and having MULTIPLE serious injuries

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Great news. 😠

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
This is a friggin' nightmare.

Start DTR. I don't think they will though.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
and now the SERIOUS questions begin about Watson's future. He's going to be on the wrong side of 30, having missed MULTIPLE seasons, and having MULTIPLE serious injuries
That’s my point as well. How much more football can you miss in your first 6 years and still be considered a viable option?

Legend
Legend
on another note, how LUCKY do the Steelers always get?

From their perspective, they are 6-3 and now get to play another 6-3 team with a crap QB

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Berry isn't gonna say much of course

We just have to hope we can sign someone

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Worst trade in sports history. Fire these idiots. Unreal. Absolutely unreal what they’ve done to the great team that John Dorsey constructed. Fire all of them.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
They won’t play DTR until PJ gets hurt.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Worst trade in sports history. Fire these idiots. Unreal. Absolutely unreal what they’ve done to the great team that John Dorsey constructed. Fire all of them.
I mean, Haslam is the one who wanted the deal, so I'm not sure why we should fire AB or KS

1 member likes this: FATE
R
Legend
Legend
R

From their perspective, they are 6-3 and now get to play another 6-3 team with a crap QB

The Steelers starter is basically a Walker clone. He's terrible. So two teams, one with an elite defense, and two bad qbs will play this weekend. Browns should still be favored.

Browns are not out of this. Everyone take a deep breath.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Dorsey made his own bed when he brought that moron up as head coach. No GM survives that decision.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted by Rishuz

The Steelers starter is basically a Walker clone. He's terrible. So two teams, one with an elite defense, and two bad qbs will play this weekend. Browns should still be favored.

Browns are not out of this. Everyone takes a deep breath.
On top of everything, someone has hijacked Rishuz account.

Could this morning get any WORSE!?!?

1 member likes this: FATE
L
Legend
Legend
L
Nick Foles, please.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Literally the Steelers have been winning with a really poor backup QB all year. Nothing saying the Browns can't do the same.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by redddog
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Do we owe Houston any more picks?

I'm not even joking when I say we should pretty much shut it down for the season. We've already lost too many starters, and we're getting into the time of year when season-ending injuries will bleed into next year. We've lost Chubb and Watson, and we've already seen what the offense looks like with Walker/DTR running the O. Walker sucks and DTR (best case) just isn't ready. I would lose my mind if Garrett picked up an ACL or something like that.
How do you shut down the season at week 9?

Playing for a pick (if it's ours). Preventing injury to your key guys becomes priority.

Look, I know it's not going to happen but we've already seen what this offense looks like w/o Chubb and a starting-caliber QB. This year is now lost (which really sucks for the D), but there's no reason to affect next season by losing a Garrett or a JOK to a late-season catastrophic injury.

Start churning the bottom of the roster and get depth guys more playing time.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
True. But Dorsey didn’t commit 230 million and 3 first round picks for what has amounted to nothing. Worst trade in sports history. Worse than when the Red Sox sold Babe Ruth to my beloved Yankees. Someone needs to be held accountable.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by redddog
Do we owe Houston any more picks?

I'm not even joking when I say we should pretty much shut it down for the season. We've already lost too many starters, and we're getting into the time of year when season-ending injuries will bleed into next year. We've lost Chubb and Watson, and we've already seen what the offense looks like with Walker/DTR running the O. Walker sucks and DTR (best case) just isn't ready. I would lose my mind if Garrett picked up an ACL or something like that.
How do you shut down the season at week 9?

Playing for a pick (if it's ours). Preventing injury to your key guys becomes priority.

Look, I know it's not going to happen but we've already seen what this offense looks like w/o Chubb and a starting-caliber QB. This year is now lost (which really sucks for the D), but there's no reason to affect next season by losing a Garrett or a JOK to a late-season catastrophic injury.

Start churning the bottom of the roster and get depth guys more playing time.

This is a terrible take. Everything is still in front of the Browns.

Get DTR in there and call and get him comfortable. Run heavy offense, play elite d. Browns have an easy schedule to finish the season. In no way, shape, or form should they throw in the towel.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
WKNR just read a tweet from Tom Pellissaro (sp)-Deshaun wanted to be shot up and play through the injury.
The doctors told him not to, so he went to multiple other doctors for opinions.

They told him with the injury-if he plays through it and took another hit-"his shoulder could fall apart"

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Calling Tom Brady.......

Tackles are tackles.
All Pro
All Pro
Watson did what he could in the second half against the Ravens, hats off for him, but questions has to be directed against Andrew Berry and his FO.

1. What’s the back up plan? Our current QB’s aren’t good enough if we judge by previous results so what’s the plan?

2. Nobody sign a guaranteed $230m contract without a plan B? Absolutely nobody with common sense. This’s gross incompetence on the highest level. In any other professional organization there would be consequences. How is it possible that the Cleveland Browns are in the middle of a clown show again?

3. Who sanctioned Watson to play if it was a risk he could have a season ended injury? Didn’t we learn anything from the Baker Mayfield fiasco? Again! This question needs an answer.

4. What’s next for DSW? Another wasted season. Another fiasco for the Browns FO. We can’t all the time blame bad luck, unexpected circumstances or other excuses when things go wrong. There’s a GM and a FO behind most decisions, or it should be in a professional organization. Otherwise who’s responsible?

Berry has made an unbelievable good job with our D. 10/10. Everything from JS to all our new players. I just want to praise him but as a GM he’s responsible for everything, good and bad decisions. Right now we’re in a mess and he’s our highest ranking chief. The bucks stop with him.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
This is a terrible take. Everything is still in front of the Browns.

😆. There’s a difference between naivety and positivity. If you’d like to see this team win 10 games and get into the playoffs, you might have something good in front of you. If you’d like to see this team get into the superbowl, I’m sorry man, but it isn’t happening in our lifetime.

Legend
Legend
Ken Dorsey is available....

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
That should be a consideration.

It would not hurt. No as an answer does not come with a cost.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
And he will side step and continue to make excuses to justify the Dobbs trade. This guy is a clown.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The problem is that the Browns are still owned by an incompetent person. It's not like anything can be learned from this. Further proof that money is no replacement for brains. It's a continuing CF. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by The Beast
Originally Posted by Milk Man
And he will side step and continue to make excuses to justify the Dobbs trade. This guy is a clown.

Dobbs got beat out by DTR. We'll never know for sure, but the fact that he's on his 4th (?) team in the last calendar year probably tells us that he's not the savior you think he is.

That said, this right here is the reason why you spend a little money on a capable backup if you consider yourself in contention. I felt like we sat on our hands at the trade deadline by not forcing anything with Brissett.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
what are the options? Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers ..? Todd Philcox?

Nick Foles

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Man, the meltdown in here is crazy.

Is it a blow? Yes.

Is the season over? No.

Berry is competent. Stefanski is competent. I have my critiques, but this season is changing my mind.

They will both be here next year and the Browns will be good again.

For the rest of this season, Stefanski just has to manage DTR/Walker (hopefully DTR), limit turnovers, and play great D. These are all doable things. Everything the Browns want is right in front of them.

The woe is me is depressing.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

The Browns will still make the playoffs. The bummer is that the chances of them making any noise now is slim to none. Watson gave legitimate hope of reaching a Super Bowl.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Out For The Year

Link Copied to Clipboard