Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think you can blame injuries on the FO or coaching staff. Injuries happen in the NFL. None of us know the condition of that shoulder since it was originally injured or how susceptible it was to more serious injury if he played. He sure looked good in that second half and in previous weeks since the original injury. You can however look at ROI. The bottom line. And the bottom line is that at the end of this season 40% of that 230 million dollar contract will be in the rear view mirror and the Browns will have little to show for that investment.

As it pertains to not having a legitimate back-up plan I have to use the same train of thought to an extent. Injuries happen all of the time. Even casual NFL fans know this. Shipping Dobbs off for a six pack and a ham sandwich was an obvious mistake. The Browns are spending more money out in player salaries this year than any other team in the NFL. To do that without a legitimate back-up QB is unconscionable.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

L
Legend
Legend
L
I agree.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
They need to pick one of these guys and just get him in here ASAP. Maybe we can squeak by this week, but we need the next guy to get up to speed fast. I’d get Foles, but there isn’t much difference in what’s available - unless Brady decides to play again.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Blah blah blah - Watson played hurt and showed how tough he is. We are proud of our team and this is a fantastic challenge for them. It's never about one guy. Yadda yadda yadda. And now for the questions. Who is going to start? KS will address that. Adding to the QB room? TBD Why not pursue someone before the trade deadline? We feel good about our QB room. What about the Dobbs trade, any regrets? We're focused on our QB room and we will review that in the future. Any other thoughts on creatively adding another QB? We're focused on our QB room. We feel good with DTR. He played well in practice and the preseason. Recovery time line? Not really the time to discuss it. And there you have it. Side step city. Address the Dobbs trade? Not really. This clown should be a politician. He needs to go.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
All Pro
All Pro
I just can't be mad about this. They guy delivered, and delivered with a broken shoulder. His running style needs to be moderated a bit for next year but hopefully we'll have more running options by then. He did what he had to do to win at Baltimore. Sucks to lose him, but a broken bone is a legitimate risk of playing football.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So depressed.....He was starting to play very well, the ankle wasn't going to be an issue. Coming off a huge win vs the Ravens, felt we were going to steamroll the Steelers this week. And this happens. Like others said, would have been nice to have Josh Dobbs right now. So glad Berry went the cheap route with DTR /sarcasm.

AFC is wide open this year, no one looks unbeatable and I thought we had a great chance this year. Windows close fast, look at the Bills.

This sucks......

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Legend
Legend
Sounds like we are sticking with PJ

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Colt McCoy just bought a house in Strongsville.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: mgh888, PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Man, the meltdown in here is crazy.

Is it a blow? Yes.

Is the season over? No.

Berry is competent. Stefanski is competent. I have my critiques, but this season is changing my mind.

They will both be here next year and the Browns will be good again.

For the rest of this season, Stefanski just has to manage DTR/Walker (hopefully DTR), limit turnovers, and play great D. These are all doable things. Everything the Browns want is right in front of them.

The woe is me is depressing.

I agree. We have a D that can win games. Our running game is stout even without Chubb. I don't see the season as over. We can still win 4-5 games down the stretch.

Once in the playoffs, D wins.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good thing we didn't feel the need to upgrade the basch-up Qb position before the trade deadline.

Who is out there available as a street free agent?

I don't think we could coerce Brady out of retirement, but certainly worth a call.
Foles is the best option I have heard so far

Manziel is out there

That Canadian league Qb sounds interesting but I know very little about him => that includes his name

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

The Browns will still make the playoffs. The bummer is that the chances of them making any noise now is slim to none. Watson gave legitimate hope of reaching a Super Bowl.

I am not sure how some people make it through life. If your first reaction to serious adversity is to just give up that tells me something. When I first heard the news, may first thought was, who do we start, how can we help then succeed and to look outside the team for a veteran that can really help. Of course, it is a huge blow, and we may drop off the NFL contender face, but can we at least try?

I dealt with serious for years at work, You don't just quit.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
....at least I still have daily fantasy football.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P

rofl

A little comedy relief should always be appreciated in times such as these.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
3 members like this: mgh888, FORTBROWNFAN, Jester
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I approve this message.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Jester
Good thing we didn't feel the need to upgrade the basch-up Qb position before the trade deadline.

I don't think we could coerce Brady out of retirement, but certainly worth a call.

Manziel is out there

That Canadian league Qb sounds interesting but I know very little about him => that includes his name

Another name i just saw is Trevor Simeon. He played for the Vikings when Stefanski was there as an assistant coach.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I feel bad for browns fans. I don't feel bad for the sexual predator . With that being said the Dobbs trade has to be one of the dumbest trades I have seen in a long time. You have no back up qb now that can play even at a decent level. Matt Ryan is still available but probably wants nothing to do with us. How browns... how browns...

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
This is kinda bad news.
Could not have come at a worse time.The weather is turning crappy and I can waste a Sun.afternoon watching football.But I can't stomach dumb football and I'm afraid the Browns are headed that way.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
R
Legend
Legend
R

I approve this message.

No, I am not Jason Lloyd.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They have to play the QB that gives this team the best chance to win. Thus far they have decided that is Walker. It's not time to bring out the training wheels.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Some decent options: Mark Malone, Bernie, Brady, Drew Bledsoe, Rivers, Brees, Don Strock, Neil Odonell, Sean Salsberry, Neil Lomax, Marino.

Legend
Legend
I forgot about Tannehill, but that would have to require a lot of maneuvering

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

The Browns will still make the playoffs. The bummer is that the chances of them making any noise now is slim to none. Watson gave legitimate hope of reaching a Super Bowl.

I am not sure how some people make it through life. If your first reaction to serious adversity is to just give up that tells me something. When I first heard the news, may first thought was, who do we start, how can we help then succeed and to look outside the team for a veteran that can really help. Of course, it is a huge blow, and we may drop off the NFL contender face, but can we at least try?

I dealt with serious for years at work, You don't just quit.

When I read the news, my first thought was: If we were 19-0 our plane would crash on the way to the Super Bowl.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Milk Man
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Some decent options: Mark Malone, Bernie, Brady, Drew Bledsoe, Rivers, Brees, Don Strock, Neil Odonell, Sean Salsberry, Neil Lomax, Marino.

Don Strock! Was he not the greatest back-up Qb of all time?

All Pro
All Pro

Sherman nails it

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Jester

Manziel is out there

Another name i just saw is Trevor Simeon. He played for the Vikings when Stefanski was there as an assistant coach.

I do like that idea.
He could come in and be play ready pretty quickly

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

Is DR David Mays still practicing? He beat the Steelers IIRC.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think DTR has to be in the mix. Maybe a QB rotation. Go with the hot hand.

We kept DTR and traded Dobbs. It might be time to give DTR another look.

The guy wasn't ready when we put him in against the Ravens. It was a fairly late decision as I recall. He probably didn't get many 1st team reps that week.

As long as he or Walker can keep away from being turnover machines, and complete enough throws to keep the D's from squatting on our run game, we can still win 4-5 games.

Before the news today, I was actually thinking we could win out and take home field advantage. That probably won't happen, but we have to keep the faith. We have a very good football team.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hate to pointnit out man. But Germany never attached pearl harbor... just saying.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
the thing working against DTR was that the Ravens/Steelers are such nightmares for rookie QBs ... literally the worst teams to play

I'd even feel better with him against the Rams, Jags, Bears, etc

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I think Simean is on the Jets roster as a backup to Zach Wilson.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
DTR SZN

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B

Come on man. Try to be serious or get out of here.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by redddog
Do we owe Houston any more picks?

I'm not even joking when I say we should pretty much shut it down for the season. We've already lost too many starters, and we're getting into the time of year when season-ending injuries will bleed into next year. We've lost Chubb and Watson, and we've already seen what the offense looks like with Walker/DTR running the O. Walker sucks and DTR (best case) just isn't ready. I would lose my mind if Garrett picked up an ACL or something like that.
How do you shut down the season at week 9?

Playing for a pick (if it's ours). Preventing injury to your key guys becomes priority.

Look, I know it's not going to happen but we've already seen what this offense looks like w/o Chubb and a starting-caliber QB. This year is now lost (which really sucks for the D), but there's no reason to affect next season by losing a Garrett or a JOK to a late-season catastrophic injury.

Start churning the bottom of the roster and get depth guys more playing time.
Originally Posted by redddog
[quote=oobernoober]Do we owe Houston any more picks?

I'm not even joking when I say we should pretty much shut it down for the season. We've already lost too many starters, and we're getting into the time of year when season-ending injuries will bleed into next year. We've lost Chubb and Watson, and we've already seen what the offense looks like with Walker/DTR running the O. Walker sucks and DTR (best case) just isn't ready. I would lose my mind if Garrett picked up an ACL or something like that.
How do you shut down the season at week 9?

This team has so much fight in them, yet some are wanting to throw in the towel. I hope that loser mentality only applies to your fandom and not your everyday life.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
Legend
Legend
let's hope he's a bit more settled

Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
3 members like this: FORTBROWNFAN, Jester, PitDAWG
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Out For The Year

Link Copied to Clipboard