Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
so we are 7-3 ... with wins over each team in the division (so none will hold a tiebreaker over us), also beat TEN and IND in the AFC (and have no AFC losses outside of the AFCN)

Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

The good news: we play Chicago, Jacksonville, and the Jets at home ... and you'd have to think IF we need to win the Cincy game, we can gear it up against their backup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish
Im glad DTR go the win. Huge confidence booster, especially after such a rough 2nd half performance.

But that last drive was money. Hopefully Stefanski trust him a bit more going into next week. He has the arm, just needs to develop touch.

He will. Stef stuck to the plan until he had to open it up a bit.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
so we are 7-3 ... with wins over each team in the division (so none will hold a tiebreaker over us), also beat TEN and IND in the AFC (and have no AFC losses outside of the AFCN)

Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

The good news: we play Chicago, Jacksonville, and the Jets at home ... and you'd have to think IF we need to win the Cincy game, we can gear it up against their backup
I don't know how many teeth we'd have to pull to get the Browns to give you AverAge @uarterback play,

but with the offense playing today, that remaining schedule? 0 and 6, 0 and seven?

I don't know who they could beat, they couldn't beat any of them with DTR making those terrible throws,
He's worse than Brissett,

... PJ Walker? 2, maybe 3 wins, probably miss the playoffs,
It' is going to stink to watch play out,

A team this good, with a Historic defense, and they haven't got a chance b/c they haven't got a legit @uarterback at all.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by BADdog
every announcer I saw today on all 3 shows picked the steelers

Works for me. Respect is earned and we win a couple more the respect will come.

L
Legend
Legend
L
He did, peen and it worked out, but those constant three and outs could have worn out our D. We should have loosened them up with a couple deep balls, just to show them we will do it. I won’t argue about it though because we got the W, smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Great Tean Win. The OLD Browns would have found a way to lose that game. These guys find a way to WIN. Thats the difference between good and bad teams. Back to Back wins VS The Ravens and Steelers has not been done in I dont know how long but that is very special. I think a road game will really be good for DTR. I still dont like Stefanski's play calling but I will zip it up and enjoy this win. Not to dismiss the OUTSTANDING special Teams play. Best unit we have had in a VERY long time. GO BROWNS and Happy Thanksgiving to all you DAWGS!!!

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by TooTall
What did I Hate?

Squealers. I hate the Squealers.

Go Browns

I'm with you. Let's start an "I hate the squealers club". I am betting we could get a lot of members.

1 member likes this: Steubenvillian
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
. Stinkfanski's

How are negative names about Stef still a thing?

I wonder how KS would stand with the media if they had to choose a COY right now? With all of the injuries he has or be up there.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

9 members like this: Hammer, Ballpeen, mgh888
L
Legend
Legend
L
That’s pretty cool.

gmstrong

-----------------

T
Legend
Legend
T
44+ pass attempts for less than I80 yards passing? did I read that right?
That offensive performance reeks

Whatever, on to next week, If DTR plays, they're going to miss the playoffs......frown

man, just when you try to think positive, ....

what happened to PJ Walker?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
DTR just beat Pittsburgh!!!! Stephanski beat Pittsburgh with major starters missing . If Thornhill was playing, Warren would not have scored. McCloed was taking terrible angles, and missing tackles. The back up RTs only gave up one sack, and that was more him just running into it. That 14 second three and out for Pittsburgh was beautiful. Back to back division wins. Time to unleash this defense on some teams out west. Beating Denver will help us in the conference.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
. Stinkfanski's

How are negative names about Stef still a thing?

I wonder how KS would stand with the media if they had to choose a COY right now? With all of the injuries he has or be up there.

Stef has done a hell of a job since he’s been here.

2 members like this: MemphisBrownie, EveDawg
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Not really to do with this game, but for some reason, I was remembering that Kenny Pickett was being talked about in the MVP conversation before the season due to his impressive pre-season performance.

I am really not trying to be funny, but am I remembering that correctly?

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don’t remember that, but I think he had a good pre-season.

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Stefanski is pumped.

JDubs is learning and growing with the team. The little goblins were nowhere to be seen again!

Legend
Legend

He has the right mindset

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
For all of stefanskis flaws when playcalling. It’s hard not to notice he is a good locker room guy and he says all the right things and the team seems to respond to him. We lose the last two games any other year.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
1 member likes this: Jester
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah he does. I’m sure he’s embarrassed by the drops, but he had a couple big catches today, too, one on the final drive. He’s a difference maker, we need him to play well. Look the ball in, Chief.

gmstrong

-----------------

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted by leadtheway
For all of stefanskis flaws when playcalling. It’s hard not to notice he is a good locker room guy and he says all the right things and the team seems to respond to him. We lose the last two games any other year.

Pretty much all coaches have flaws. Stefanski has some, but he steady emotionally, has the teams trust and is willing to learn and lean on others. At some point, the turnstile has to stop with the coaching staff. I'm comfortable with it stopping on Stefanski. He is young and getting better.

1 member likes this: Hammer
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This team loves playing for KS. The way they keep fighting every week shows that. The players attitude towards him has pulled this team together with a very strong bond!

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
This defense is gonna drag this team kicking and screaming into the postseason..

next game is the Broncos and this has "buzzsaw" written all over it.. the broncos team that was 1-4 is not the team that is 4-5 possibly 5-5 (hell even if they're 4-6). Their Defense is takeover happy. And they beat the Chiefs in their current tear. They're hungry. And going to Denver is never a good prospect for this team..

At least I'll be able to watch this one live...

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Love for D-Hop from his teammates.

JOK looking like Stringer Bell.

This team seems to have a special bond with each other. That's a testament to Berry identifying and bringing in the right people/personalities and Stefanski leading the team.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
Lighting of the ceremonial Victory Cigar. Browns Backers Fort Wayne.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Swish
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns had 0 penalties through most of the first 3 @uarters.
I think. b/c they got their first, a hold and it read Cleveland one penalty for ten yards.

No penalties for the large part of 3 @uarters, = pretty solid.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Post Phil I’ve usually referred to our kickers as “the kicker” because they’ve come and gone so fast, so many of them, so unreliable.

Dean Hopkins is a beast.

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The Browns had 0 penalties through most of the first 3 @uarters.
I think. b/c they got their first, a hold and it read Cleveland one penalty for ten yards.

No penalties for the large part of 3 @uarters, = pretty solid.

That's coaching

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Final Thought: another Victory Monday when I get up for work tomorrow!!

gmstrong

-----------------

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Have had the odd good fortune of lots of Browns game’s broadcast in the NYC market this year, partly owing to the anomaly that giants and jets games have just fallen at other times but also that the browns are a good show this year. Got to watch both of the last 2 on basic network tv.

Clearly a very limited playbook for DTR and probably very wisely so. Emphasis on getting the ball out quick, which was very smart considering the line is so rag-tag and our QB so green. The Steelers only mustered 1 sack, which I’m sure was a major disappointment for them.

Of course the Steelers knew what we’d try to do and so they looked to take away the run and the short passing stuff, especially in the flat. So not at all surprised by our offensive difficulties. Under 100yds total rushing and not many, if any, passes attempted longer than 10-15yrs or so. The Steelers had zero fear in us airing it out. It must have been tempting to know that the Steelers would sell out against the run and short stuff and not try juuuuuust a little sumthin somethin down field. But again, probably a very smart thing not to. Sack & fumble or another pick or 2 and this game goes sideways quick.

The Steelers thrive by “hanging around”, waiting for the other team to screw up. We clearly went in with the mindset of severely limiting screwup potential. We had some close calls (DTR has to work on timing, leading his receivers who are probably a lot faster than what he was used to) but in the end it was our defense that allowed us to hang around long enough for our O to flash just enough to get our man Hopkins in position for the final dagger.

That’s my new nickname for him now... Dustin “THE DAGGER!” Hopkins.

DTR looked pretty good on that last drive, hopefully some of that carries forward. I’m hopeful that as the playbook and down field options open up he grows into the role. I guess that’s what we all wish for.

We’re on to Mile high! Did I mention I hate the Broncos?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
This is my take away, Ski is a better coach AND play caller when we are facing a mountain of adversity. The coach calling plays when he had all or most of his shiny toys was not present for today’s win. That’s a damn good sign finally.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/19/23 09:07 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Enjoyable post!
Good nickname: the dagger

Last edited by lampdogg; 11/19/23 09:11 PM.

gmstrong

-----------------

A
Legend
Legend
A
I didn't think his name was Dean.

Legend
Legend
great scene with Jimmy Donovan and KS

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Good win. Now let's get Flacco on here and hopefully ready to start in a couple of weeks

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
1 member likes this: DaveyD
T
Legend
Legend
T
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati
If you figure, that the league and Referees, like we all know, will/ wish to /steal the final 3 games, or 2 of them to make the finale as meaningful as possible,
<<< and if you remember nineteen eighty five or six or seven, ] one of em] ... the Browns only had to win one of their final 3 to get into the playoffs, to win the div. maybe, and they were 3 teams the Browns were better than, ... what happened? iirc. it took to the end of the last chance of the 3rd game, it was brutal, brutal brutal I tell ya, don't wish to repeat it. >>>>

and if you just have a feeling that Chicago is going to play lights out against you, .. figure the eightyfive bears defense defending their title against the 2023 Browns as the greatest defense of all time

and then, if you figure that you don't have much of a chance against T. Lawrence and Jacksonville, ... you are already presumably a seven and six team trying to get to eight and six before you fall to seven and seven,
and
if that is the case, ^ then, both the next game, at Denver,
and the game after that, at the Rams

are both, about playoff @ualifier games that if you lose, may be the one that knocks you out of the playoffs.

^ Think that's crazy??? Look back at 2007.
In 2007, they had won five or more playoff @ualifiers, by this point of the year, before they ran into a motivated Bengal team late in the year, and , by the end of the Browns year
they didn't even make the playoffs that year despite going ten and six.

ahh zero seven, Derek Andersons' calling card was 6+ scoring drives per game, whether FG or TD, all sloppy but 6+ scoring drives per game was DA's strength, and it was beautiful. But even THEY, didn't get in the playoffs, :sigh, can't let up.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati
If you figure, that the league and Referees, like we all know, will/ wish to /steal the final 3 games, or 2 of them to make the finale as meaningful as possible,
<<< and if you remember nineteen eighty five or six or seven, ] one of em] ... the Browns only had to win one of their final 3 to get into the playoffs, to win the div. maybe, and they were 3 teams the Browns were better than, ... what happened? iirc. it took to the end of the last chance of the 3rd game, it was brutal, brutal brutal I tell ya, don't wish to repeat it. >>>>

and if you just have a feeling that Chicago is going to play lights out against you, .. figure the eightyfive bears defense defending their title against the 2023 Browns as the greatest defense of all time

and then, if you figure that you don't have much of a chance against T. Lawrence and Jacksonville, ... you are already presumably a seven and six team trying to get to eight and six before you fall to seven and seven,
and
if that is the case, ^ then, both the next game, at Denver,
and the game after that, at the Rams

are both, about playoff @ualifier games that if you lose, may be the one that knocks you out of the playoffs.

^ Think that's crazy??? Look back at 2007.
In 2007, they had won five or more playoff @ualifiers, by this point of the year, before they ran into a motivated Bengal team late in the year, and , by the end of the Browns year
they didn't even make the playoffs that year despite going ten and six.

ahh zero seven, Derek Andersons' calling card was 6+ scoring drives per game, whether FG or TD, all sloppy but 6+ scoring drives per game was DA's strength, and it was beautiful. But even THEY, didn't get in the playoffs, :sigh, can't let up.

We should just forfeit the rest of the season.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
That’s my new nickname for him now... Dustin “THE DAGGER!” Hopkins.

No Dustin "Diamond Leg" Hopkins? Kicking extraordinaire with a touch of porn stage name!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 10 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard