DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:14 PM
Browns win in the end on the type of game we have seen them lose all too often to the Steelers.

Go Browns!!

Happy for DTR....could see that win meant a lot him.

So nice to finally have a kicker.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:14 PM
Dustin Hopkins for President!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:16 PM
What a gritty win. Good for DTR. First NFL win againt a division rival. Hopkins is so clutch.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:17 PM
When was the last time we were 7-3
Posted By: Swish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:17 PM
I don’t care how we do it at the end of the day. A win is a win, especially against the Steelers!!!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:20 PM
Glad we saw DTR finally get unleashed a little on that last drive. that was promising going forward. Overall, just not upset with anything today. It was a good transition to life post DW this season. Now go win out. GO BROWNS!
Posted By: The Big G Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:20 PM
That was a tough defense for DTR, and he was not pretty but came through at the end. He can get better and the defenses will get easier. Hopkins is this team’s MVP. He may be having the greatest season any NFL kicker has ever had.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Dustin Hopkins for President!

Noooo !

Rather have him as FG kicker !!

lol smile
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway

1994. Browns got to 8-2. It's been 4 decades!

Before that...1989.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:23 PM
We win a tough game and despite some wobbly decisions we showed winning mentality it when we needed it most it in the second half. Hats off to our coaches and players. It wasn’t pretty but a W tastes so much better when we have some difficulties.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:24 PM
Several drops today
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:25 PM
Last time we were 7-3 at this point was 2020 when we finished 11-5. What sucks is with a healthy Chubb we might be 9-1 at this point
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:25 PM
Stenfanski did one helluva coaching job.
Out steelered the stealers.
Posted By: OrangeSky Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:27 PM
DTR never gave up, right until the very end. He fits right in with this team. Next week he'll be given more options and freedom.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:27 PM
every announcer I saw today on all 3 shows picked the steelers
Posted By: TooTall Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:27 PM
What did I Hate?
Stefanski making no O adjustments after it was blatantly obvious the Squealers were defending just 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage. Essentially turning our Offense into a "Goal Line" offense pretty much the entire 2nd half.
Stinkfanski's predictable play calls.
Taking too long to give DTR a little bit more.
Chief dropping too many passes.
Squealers. I hate the Squealers.

What did I Love?
The D still playing their game despite a surging run game from the Squealers.
Chief with the clutch catch when we needed it.
Hunt taking that handoff with a vengeance.
DTR delivering a couple strikes right when we needed it.
D-Hop
Eeeking out a win against a Division rival to go 7-3 and a 3-2 Division record.
Jim Donovan coming back to call a win this season!

Go Browns
Posted By: Swish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Glad we saw DTR finally get unleashed a little on that last drive. that was promising going forward. Overall, just not upset with anything today. It was a good transition to life post DW this season. Now go win out. GO BROWNS!

What if that was stefanski’s plan all along? To lure the Steelers into a false sense of security that everything would be short? /tin foil hat
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by TooTall
What did I Hate?
Stefanski making no O adjustments after it was blatantly obvious the Squealers were defending just 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage. Essentially turning our Offense into a "Goal Line" offense pretty much the entire 2nd half.
Stinkfanski's predictable play calls.
Taking too long to give DTR a little bit more.
Chief dropping too many passes.

What did I Love?
The D still playing their game despite a surging run game from the Squealers.
Chief with the clutch catch when we needed it.
Hunt taking that handoff with a vengeance.
DTR delivering a couple strikes right when we needed it.
D-Hop
Eeeking out a win against a Division rival to go 7-3 and a 3-2 Division record.
Jim Donovan coming back to call a win this season!

Go Browns

you dont love Garretts sack record?
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:34 PM
. Stinkfanski's

How are negative names about Stef still a thing?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:35 PM
Man that felt good. How many times have we lost games just like that to the Steelers? Seems like every year.
Pickett<Pennington
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:38 PM
Good win.

Njoku would be my negative comment. He has been dropping the ball the last few games.

I thought the gameplan was solid. I wanted them to open it a bit more in the 2nd half as the Steelers were squatting the run game and pass game, but the plan was field position, so good discipline in sticking to the plan.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:42 PM
I was getting frustrated by our play caller not trying to get it down the field on deeper pass plays. I was irritated by Njoku’s drops, to say the least. But just when things seemed it would go the usual Brownsian way, our D got a big stop and KS took the reins off DTR, who made some clutch throws on the final drive.
Our kicker is 💰 . Love Hopkins!

7-3, (five of the last six with three different starting QBs!), one up on Pitt and hot on the heels of Baltimore. I want the North title.

Let’s go!!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:43 PM
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:44 PM
Happy as a clam we won. Prayed again for a victory.

It was a rough game on offense.

Biggest negative would be Njoku is dropping passes again.

Biggest positive would be our new kicker Hopkins.

DTR looked like a million pounds was off his shoulders after the game. I bet when he finds a quiet place he has a good cry - A VICTORY cry!

Thank God we beat the Steelers!!!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:51 PM
#ExtendStefanski
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:53 PM
Heading over to the Steelers' message boards.....
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:54 PM
- Hopkins trade continues to pay off ... the most underrated move we've made
- DTR finally looked loose the last drive .. and good job to simplify things for him
- Defense stepped up big the last two drives for them
- Ward was phenomenal
- I'd like Jones back in for Hudson ASAP
- Jaylen Warren is a KILLER for us ... if I was a Pittsburgh fan I'd want him to get 10 more touches
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Heading over to the Steelers' message boards.....
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Posted By: JimDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 09:58 PM
[Linked Image from static.clubs.nfl.com]
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:01 PM
great photo
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:01 PM
Nineteen sixty four? nanner
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:04 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:11 PM
Im glad DTR go the win. Huge confidence booster, especially after such a rough 2nd half performance.

But that last drive was money. Hopefully Stefanski trust him a bit more going into next week. He has the arm, just needs to develop touch.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:20 PM
Of all the teams remaining on the schedule,
Well the Browns don't have a real @uarterback, I don't know where the points are going to come from
but

Of all the teams remaining,
and some of them have pretty good defenses

but

none of them have a defense as riddled with talent as
Baltimore's
Pittsburghs'

the forty niners'
or Seattles'

and you are 3 and 3 against ^those.

You have to be able to go out there and get another win, ...one at a time...

because it's real easy to believe that , if the browns Offense can't get it done, the Browns could go one and six
or
0 and seven the rest of the year
if they don't get a @uarterback

YOU ARE NOT ONLY PLAYING DENVER NEXT WEEK,
you are playing
Every team in the AFC West in tie breakers

and Denver, had the best special teams in the league .
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:27 PM
Another good tough gut check win. I'll take it. Was very stressed the whole 2nd half but it's fine we won!! Finally beat those damn Stealers!!! thumbsup
Posted By: OrangeSky Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:36 PM
This game could have easily been a loss, not only because of all the talent that has been striped away from this team, not only because of the complete lack consistency that losing all these players cause, but because it takes a lot to not feel defeated after all this stuff has happened to you.

But this Browns team don't fold like that. They don't stop until the game is over. So fun to watch and root for.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:40 PM
They really only had one good play against us that's it. Our O was pretty tough to look at too but understandable with DTR in there. We made the plays when we had to. I think DTR definitely has upside. Showed some guts on that last drive!! Green Bay helped us today. Go Vikings tonight!!!!
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:41 PM
Good win for your team.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:53 PM
Thanks mom, you showed class with the congrats!
Posted By: OhioStateBrowns Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:55 PM
I honestly believe Hopkins is more deserving of the guaranteed $230 million contract. After years of terrible FG kickers, he has been a real difference maker. Without him, this team may have a .500 record or worse. Thank God times appear to be changing in the Browns favor.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 10:56 PM
so we are 7-3 ... with wins over each team in the division (so none will hold a tiebreaker over us), also beat TEN and IND in the AFC (and have no AFC losses outside of the AFCN)

Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

The good news: we play Chicago, Jacksonville, and the Jets at home ... and you'd have to think IF we need to win the Cincy game, we can gear it up against their backup
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Im glad DTR go the win. Huge confidence booster, especially after such a rough 2nd half performance.

But that last drive was money. Hopefully Stefanski trust him a bit more going into next week. He has the arm, just needs to develop touch.

He will. Stef stuck to the plan until he had to open it up a bit.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
so we are 7-3 ... with wins over each team in the division (so none will hold a tiebreaker over us), also beat TEN and IND in the AFC (and have no AFC losses outside of the AFCN)

Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

The good news: we play Chicago, Jacksonville, and the Jets at home ... and you'd have to think IF we need to win the Cincy game, we can gear it up against their backup
I don't know how many teeth we'd have to pull to get the Browns to give you AverAge @uarterback play,

but with the offense playing today, that remaining schedule? 0 and 6, 0 and seven?

I don't know who they could beat, they couldn't beat any of them with DTR making those terrible throws,
He's worse than Brissett,

... PJ Walker? 2, maybe 3 wins, probably miss the playoffs,
It' is going to stink to watch play out,

A team this good, with a Historic defense, and they haven't got a chance b/c they haven't got a legit @uarterback at all.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by BADdog

Works for me. Respect is earned and we win a couple more the respect will come.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:14 PM
He did, peen and it worked out, but those constant three and outs could have worn out our D. We should have loosened them up with a couple deep balls, just to show them we will do it. I won’t argue about it though because we got the W, smile
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:17 PM
Great Tean Win. The OLD Browns would have found a way to lose that game. These guys find a way to WIN. Thats the difference between good and bad teams. Back to Back wins VS The Ravens and Steelers has not been done in I dont know how long but that is very special. I think a road game will really be good for DTR. I still dont like Stefanski's play calling but I will zip it up and enjoy this win. Not to dismiss the OUTSTANDING special Teams play. Best unit we have had in a VERY long time. GO BROWNS and Happy Thanksgiving to all you DAWGS!!!
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by TooTall
What did I Hate?

Go Browns

I'm with you. Let's start an "I hate the squealers club". I am betting we could get a lot of members.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
. Stinkfanski's

I wonder how KS would stand with the media if they had to choose a COY right now? With all of the injuries he has or be up there.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:24 PM
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:26 PM
That’s pretty cool.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:26 PM
44+ pass attempts for less than I80 yards passing? did I read that right?
That offensive performance reeks

Whatever, on to next week, If DTR plays, they're going to miss the playoffs......frown

man, just when you try to think positive, ....

what happened to PJ Walker?
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:30 PM
DTR just beat Pittsburgh!!!! Stephanski beat Pittsburgh with major starters missing . If Thornhill was playing, Warren would not have scored. McCloed was taking terrible angles, and missing tackles. The back up RTs only gave up one sack, and that was more him just running into it. That 14 second three and out for Pittsburgh was beautiful. Back to back division wins. Time to unleash this defense on some teams out west. Beating Denver will help us in the conference.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
. Stinkfanski's

I wonder how KS would stand with the media if they had to choose a COY right now? With all of the injuries he has or be up there.

Stef has done a hell of a job since he’s been here.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:44 PM
Not really to do with this game, but for some reason, I was remembering that Kenny Pickett was being talked about in the MVP conversation before the season due to his impressive pre-season performance.

I am really not trying to be funny, but am I remembering that correctly?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:46 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:46 PM
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:47 PM
I don’t remember that, but I think he had a good pre-season.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:54 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/19/23 11:57 PM
Stefanski is pumped.

JDubs is learning and growing with the team. The little goblins were nowhere to be seen again!

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:00 AM

He has the right mindset
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:06 AM
For all of stefanskis flaws when playcalling. It’s hard not to notice he is a good locker room guy and he says all the right things and the team seems to respond to him. We lose the last two games any other year.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:08 AM
Yeah he does. I’m sure he’s embarrassed by the drops, but he had a couple big catches today, too, one on the final drive. He’s a difference maker, we need him to play well. Look the ball in, Chief.
Posted By: OrangeSky Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:20 AM
For all of stefanskis flaws when playcalling. It’s hard not to notice he is a good locker room guy and he says all the right things and the team seems to respond to him. We lose the last two games any other year.

Pretty much all coaches have flaws. Stefanski has some, but he steady emotionally, has the teams trust and is willing to learn and lean on others. At some point, the turnstile has to stop with the coaching staff. I'm comfortable with it stopping on Stefanski. He is young and getting better.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:24 AM
This team loves playing for KS. The way they keep fighting every week shows that. The players attitude towards him has pulled this team together with a very strong bond!
Posted By: The Collector Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:30 AM
This defense is gonna drag this team kicking and screaming into the postseason..

next game is the Broncos and this has "buzzsaw" written all over it.. the broncos team that was 1-4 is not the team that is 4-5 possibly 5-5 (hell even if they're 4-6). Their Defense is takeover happy. And they beat the Chiefs in their current tear. They're hungry. And going to Denver is never a good prospect for this team..

At least I'll be able to watch this one live...
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:32 AM
Love for D-Hop from his teammates.

JOK looking like Stringer Bell.

This team seems to have a special bond with each other. That's a testament to Berry identifying and bringing in the right people/personalities and Stefanski leading the team.

Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:45 AM
Lighting of the ceremonial Victory Cigar. Browns Backers Fort Wayne.

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:47 AM
The Browns had 0 penalties through most of the first 3 @uarters.
I think. b/c they got their first, a hold and it read Cleveland one penalty for ten yards.

No penalties for the large part of 3 @uarters, = pretty solid.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:48 AM
Post Phil I’ve usually referred to our kickers as “the kicker” because they’ve come and gone so fast, so many of them, so unreliable.

Dean Hopkins is a beast.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The Browns had 0 penalties through most of the first 3 @uarters.
I think. b/c they got their first, a hold and it read Cleveland one penalty for ten yards.

No penalties for the large part of 3 @uarters, = pretty solid.

That's coaching
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:50 AM
Final Thought: another Victory Monday when I get up for work tomorrow!!
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:52 AM
Have had the odd good fortune of lots of Browns game’s broadcast in the NYC market this year, partly owing to the anomaly that giants and jets games have just fallen at other times but also that the browns are a good show this year. Got to watch both of the last 2 on basic network tv.

Clearly a very limited playbook for DTR and probably very wisely so. Emphasis on getting the ball out quick, which was very smart considering the line is so rag-tag and our QB so green. The Steelers only mustered 1 sack, which I’m sure was a major disappointment for them.

Of course the Steelers knew what we’d try to do and so they looked to take away the run and the short passing stuff, especially in the flat. So not at all surprised by our offensive difficulties. Under 100yds total rushing and not many, if any, passes attempted longer than 10-15yrs or so. The Steelers had zero fear in us airing it out. It must have been tempting to know that the Steelers would sell out against the run and short stuff and not try juuuuuust a little sumthin somethin down field. But again, probably a very smart thing not to. Sack & fumble or another pick or 2 and this game goes sideways quick.

The Steelers thrive by “hanging around”, waiting for the other team to screw up. We clearly went in with the mindset of severely limiting screwup potential. We had some close calls (DTR has to work on timing, leading his receivers who are probably a lot faster than what he was used to) but in the end it was our defense that allowed us to hang around long enough for our O to flash just enough to get our man Hopkins in position for the final dagger.

That’s my new nickname for him now... Dustin “THE DAGGER!” Hopkins.

DTR looked pretty good on that last drive, hopefully some of that carries forward. I’m hopeful that as the playbook and down field options open up he grows into the role. I guess that’s what we all wish for.

We’re on to Mile high! Did I mention I hate the Broncos?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:06 AM
This is my take away, Ski is a better coach AND play caller when we are facing a mountain of adversity. The coach calling plays when he had all or most of his shiny toys was not present for today’s win. That’s a damn good sign finally.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:10 AM
Enjoyable post!
Good nickname: the dagger
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:11 AM
I didn't think his name was Dean.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:14 AM
great scene with Jimmy Donovan and KS
Posted By: slick Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:19 AM
Good win. Now let's get Flacco on here and hopefully ready to start in a couple of weeks
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:23 AM
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati
If you figure, that the league and Referees, like we all know, will/ wish to /steal the final 3 games, or 2 of them to make the finale as meaningful as possible,
<<< and if you remember nineteen eighty five or six or seven, ] one of em] ... the Browns only had to win one of their final 3 to get into the playoffs, to win the div. maybe, and they were 3 teams the Browns were better than, ... what happened? iirc. it took to the end of the last chance of the 3rd game, it was brutal, brutal brutal I tell ya, don't wish to repeat it. >>>>

and if you just have a feeling that Chicago is going to play lights out against you, .. figure the eightyfive bears defense defending their title against the 2023 Browns as the greatest defense of all time

and then, if you figure that you don't have much of a chance against T. Lawrence and Jacksonville, ... you are already presumably a seven and six team trying to get to eight and six before you fall to seven and seven,
and
if that is the case, ^ then, both the next game, at Denver,
and the game after that, at the Rams

are both, about playoff @ualifier games that if you lose, may be the one that knocks you out of the playoffs.

^ Think that's crazy??? Look back at 2007.
In 2007, they had won five or more playoff @ualifiers, by this point of the year, before they ran into a motivated Bengal team late in the year, and , by the end of the Browns year
they didn't even make the playoffs that year despite going ten and six.

ahh zero seven, Derek Andersons' calling card was 6+ scoring drives per game, whether FG or TD, all sloppy but 6+ scoring drives per game was DA's strength, and it was beautiful. But even THEY, didn't get in the playoffs, :sigh, can't let up.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:37 AM
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati
If you figure, that the league and Referees, like we all know, will/ wish to /steal the final 3 games, or 2 of them to make the finale as meaningful as possible,
<<< and if you remember nineteen eighty five or six or seven, ] one of em] ... the Browns only had to win one of their final 3 to get into the playoffs, to win the div. maybe, and they were 3 teams the Browns were better than, ... what happened? iirc. it took to the end of the last chance of the 3rd game, it was brutal, brutal brutal I tell ya, don't wish to repeat it. >>>>

and if you just have a feeling that Chicago is going to play lights out against you, .. figure the eightyfive bears defense defending their title against the 2023 Browns as the greatest defense of all time

and then, if you figure that you don't have much of a chance against T. Lawrence and Jacksonville, ... you are already presumably a seven and six team trying to get to eight and six before you fall to seven and seven,
and

are both, about playoff @ualifier games that if you lose, may be the one that knocks you out of the playoffs.

In 2007, they had won five or more playoff @ualifiers, by this point of the year, before they ran into a motivated Bengal team late in the year, and , by the end of the Browns year

ahh zero seven, Derek Andersons' calling card was 6+ scoring drives per game, whether FG or TD, all sloppy but 6+ scoring drives per game was DA's strength, and it was beautiful. But even THEY, didn't get in the playoffs, :sigh, can't let up.

We should just forfeit the rest of the season.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
That’s my new nickname for him now... Dustin “THE DAGGER!” Hopkins.

No Dustin "Diamond Leg" Hopkins? Kicking extraordinaire with a touch of porn stage name!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by slick
Good win. Now let's get Flacco on here and hopefully ready to start in a couple of weeks
from your lips to God's ears

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Ravens’ QB and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is signing with the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad, per me and
@FieldYates
. It is expected that Flacco will get promoted to active roster. Flacco will give the Browns added QB depth in light of Deshaun Watson’s season-ending shoulder injury.
Posted By: Greenbayfan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:49 AM
Packers fan here. I wanted to thank you guys for beating Pittsburgh. Those guys really were obnoxious last week. I’m sorry about the loss of your QB for the year. I don’t mind seeing that happen to KC or Pittsburgh but hate to see that happen to you guys. Hang in there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
Packers fan here. I wanted to thank you guys for beating Pittsburgh. Those guys really were obnoxious last week. I’m sorry about the loss of your QB for the year. I don’t mind seeing that happen to KC or Pittsburgh but hate to see that happen to you guys. Hang in there.
thanks ... and good win against the Chargers. It helps us in the playoff push.

My grandpa was a diehard Pack fan .. so you're always gonna get my well wishes
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:55 AM
Back to back "Rematch" wins. One against the division leading Ravens on their field.

And a rematch with the team we were tied with for second place. Nick came out of the tunnel leading the team on crutches.

That's right the Browns just beat the Ravens and the Steelers back to back in a rematch.

On August 28, the Chargers traded Dustin Hopkins to the Cleveland Browns for a 2025 seventh-round pick after he lost his starting job to Cameron Dicker.

Berry missed on York and struck gold on Hopkins.
Posted By: Greenbayfan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:56 AM

I hate the Patriots and Steelers probably as much as you guys. Kansas City is getting on my last nerve too.
Posted By: Greenbayfan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Back to back "Rematch" wins. One against the division leading Ravens on their field.

And a rematch with the team we were tied with for second place. Nick came out of the tunnel leading the team on crutches.

That's right the Browns just beat the Ravens and the Steelers back to back in a rematch.

On August 28, the Chargers traded Dustin Hopkins to the Cleveland Browns for a 2025 seventh-round pick after he lost his starting job to Cameron Dicker.

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!
Posted By: bugs Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:00 AM
Yet, we have fans posting the Browns sucked today! Stefanski needs to be fired! Amazing!

Cheers!
Go Browns!
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:29 AM
The Browns played the Ravens and Steelers back-to-back (sometimes in reverse order) in 13 seasons since 1999 prior to Nov. 19. It happened twice in 2011. This is the first time the Browns beat both teams in consecutive weeks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
The Browns played the Ravens and Steelers back-to-back (sometimes in reverse order) in 13 seasons since 1999 prior to Nov. 19. It happened twice in 2011. This is the first time the Browns beat both teams in consecutive weeks.
this is a glorious note
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 03:35 AM

Let them eat (chocolate) cake.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 03:59 AM
All I can say is the stadium was LOUD today and very few ugly yellow towels as opposed to previous games. My ears are still ringing, it was glorious! And Chubb coming out of the tunnel and Jim Donovan smashing the guitar before the game was incredible!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Welcome back, Jimmy.

I personally dedicate this Browns win to You.
I hope someone from the Browns organization sees my post, and follows up upon such an appropriate gesture.

If they did such a thing, we Browns fans would lose our ever-loving minds.
Jimmy D is a local treasure. We've walked with him through everything, because he's walked through everything with us.

...and today, he got to call a CLE win over PIT.
At home.

Dawgs.. that had to be satisfying as h# for him, today... and I couldn't be happier for him.
Jimmy provides the voice that binds us all as family.

What a great homecoming for our dear friend.

#Dawgpoundlove,
Clemdawg
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

and

We should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Dude might be the single most fragile member of these boards. Which is saying something! Needs a bowl of soup, a hug and a nap.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
I hope someone from the Browns organization sees my post, and follows up upon such an appropriate gesture.

Clem....see my post from WKYC a page back.

Or to save you some time...

https://twitter.com/wkyc/status/1726373917286178985
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by columbusdawg
....and very few ugly yellow towels as opposed to previous games.....

Posted By: slick Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:18 AM
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

and

Did you just explaine time travel to us???
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:28 AM
What a great atmosphere at the stadium today. Games like this are why I started back with season tickets. My voice is gone.

I hope DTR can build off this and develop into something. But at what point do we think about making a move to Flacco? I like the kid and want to see him succeed, but he still is a work in progress. It would be great if he could be the guy, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Anyway Go Browns and it feels good to be winning again.
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by slick
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

and

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:42 AM
Happy you had a blast at the game.

This may sound sarcastic/smartass, but does starting a 38-39 year old immobile QB sound more realistic to you? Personally, (my opinion) I’m fine with him being a backup to DTR and watching DTR (hopefully) grow.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:11 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:18 AM

Time travel is simple. Somehow people look at time travel that goes in both directions, but actually, time is an enormous circle. So, if you want to go "back" 10 minutes, you actually have to go forward the full extent of time minus 10 minutes, preferebly using an inverse tacyon collider to facilitate a breach in the space time continuum, while also ensuring that the vehicle used is sufficiently shielded so that the occupants are not ejected out of infinity, and into a marsh in PA named tinkle towel terror.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:46 AM

This makes me smile, Milk.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Going to have to. The Broncos D has been on a roll lately and they are a turnover machine. And getting to the end of a 1 score game against Russel Wilson is a bit different than doing it against Kenny Pickett.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
He did, peen and it worked out, but those constant three and outs could have worn out our D. We should have loosened them up with a couple deep balls, just to show them we will do it. I won’t argue about it though because we got the W, smile

And I won't argue with you because I see the point and even during the game I was thinking we needed to start stretching things out a bit. I think the fear was as pressure increased on longer throws, was the QB's composure and ball security going to remain intact?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN

Going to have to. The Broncos D has been on a roll lately and they are a turnover machine. And getting to the end of a 1 score game against Russel Wilson is a bit different than doing it against Kenny Pickett.

No doubt.

With a young QB, sometimes baby steps are required. Also, each opponent requires a different plan. I think coach knows he can't go in to each game with the same plan. In this case the plan might be the same and work better. I have no idea where Denver stands defensively. Maybe they aren't as stout against the run as the Steelers. If not and the run game is churning, the same plan might be the way we go. ??
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 11:46 AM

Welcome back, Jimmy.

If they did such a thing, we Browns fans would lose our ever-loving minds.
Jimmy D is a local treasure. We've walked with him through everything, because he's walked through everything with us.

...and today, he got to call a CLE win over PIT.
At home.

Dawgs.. that had to be satisfying as h# for him, today... and I couldn't be happier for him.
Jimmy provides the voice that binds us all as family.

What a great homecoming for our dear friend.

#Dawgpoundlove,
Clemdawg

That is a great post, Clem. You deserve to be complimented for it. Kudos.....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
What a great atmosphere at the stadium today. Games like this are why I started back with season tickets. My voice is gone.

I hope DTR can build off this and develop into something. But at what point do we think about making a move to Flacco? I like the kid and want to see him succeed, but he still is a work in progress. It would be great if he could be the guy, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Anyway Go Browns and it feels good to be winning again.
jealous that you got to attend! It looked like a crazy atmosphere. Tomlin noted it multiple times in his press conference
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:16 PM
Really glad with the win.

I advocated that Stefanski call the game exactly like that to shield DTR, albeit with less pass attempts. That being said, the ground game wasn't going anywhere, so no complaints from me, outside of Njoku dropping passes. It's not a JUGS issue for him. It's a habit issue of looking down the field before he secures the ball.

I don't get the complaining about Stefanski, or the pedantic terms like "Stinkfanski" especially after a win. That's childish. Stefanski is making decent chicken salad out of chicken crap.

On the other side of the ball, Schwartz is making a Thomas Keller-esque seven course meal out of the best ingredients. Both are making the best out of what they have.

One interesting thing I saw after the game was Kenny Pickett in a presser mention that they were confused by the Browns defense. Said Pitt expected man-to-man and the Browns showed a lot of zone looks. Hinted that they never made the right adjustments. Another indictment of Matt Canada I suppose.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:20 PM
These guys are gonna give me a heart Attack.. Geez. I love it to be honest... Great to see Chubb and Donovan..

Congrats to DTR
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:34 PM
Seeing Jimmy get a game ball from KS is a special moment.

Choked me up for sure. I lost a close friend to that disease.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:41 PM
Agreed Bone I felt the same way. We have become a very close team and I would think that should be attributed to KS. We haven't seen that in a long time!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:55 PM
For sure ... we seem very connected and resilient. That's leadership, from both coaching/FO to the leading players

Someone also made a good point: this is the first time in a LONG time where our own draft picks have stuck around past 1 contract, so they have developed a better culture (Garrett, Chubb, Bitonio, Ward, Njoku, etc)
Posted By: The Big G Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 01:58 PM
If we had lost in overtime, the back-to-back safeties they took away from us would have looked large. What the hell was that, and why didn’t Stefanski challenge?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by The Big G
If we had lost in overtime, the back-to-back safeties they took away from us would have looked large. What the hell was that, and why didn’t Stefanski challenge?
they said he did throw the challenge flag, but it wasn't seen by the side judge
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:09 PM

Was thinking the same thing for the Pickett tackle

Then watching them play deep and scared on their own half yard line was enjoyable to watch

It gave the Browns a short field and a TD

It made me wonder if that was the best thing

If a safety was called, it could have had a different out come

Who knows, it worked out and still feeling pretty dang good drinking my coffee on my first day of vacation smile
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:17 PM
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
AFC North playoff odds, per ESPN FPI:
Ravens: 96.2% (65.3% to win division)
Browns: 81.7 (24.3)
Steelers: 52.5 (10.2)
Bengals: 10.2 (0.3)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:21 PM
one other thing I forgot to mention ... we had ONE penalty all day IIRC
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:34 PM
God Bless my wife for putting up with my profanity throughout the second half. It seemed like we tried to give this one away in the fourth. However, the look on DTR’s face at the end of the game told us all that this kid was giving us 200% of himself. Nobody wanted to win this game more than him. No matter what happens from here on out, I’m proud of this team, and also feel that we have the best coaching staff in the league.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:34 PM
This all feels very surreal doesn't it?
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:35 PM
Who knows, it worked out and still feeling pretty dang good drinking my coffee on my first day of vacation smile

Coffee? Come on man you’re on Vacation!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I've said four times this year (vs SF, at IND, at BAL, vs PIT) "I can't believe we won this game" as the final second ticked off
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:41 PM
I too wanted things to open up a little more in the second half. But I was far more upset with the drops. Which would have made that second half look a bit better. But as Peen and others have said. That was the game plan...protect DTR, let the Defense hold. We saw some success when we opened it up A LITTLE on the last drive (got a few intermediate throws in...but still mostly short) And yes that calling was different from most of the game ...BUT...you want to know what else was different about that last drive? Dawand Jones took every snap. We all know that TJ Watt feasts on Hudson. Hudson for the most part had a decent game. Part of that was getting the ball out early...But he still struggles with Watt...and lets face it...he isn't the only one who has troubles with Watt. So I am not going to bash him over it. So here is what I want to say...We needed to neutralize Watt and Highsmith. And Dawand Jones was not able to play the whole game. So not only were we protecting DTR...but also protecting Hudson and Christian(whose name we did not hear throughout the game...good thing). But in the last Drive...Dawand Jones played every snap and neutralized Watt. Giving DTR that extra split second to zip the 15 yarder to Moore, which changed the complexion of that last drive.

Hudson has done a very good job with in very difficult circumstances vs the Ravens and the Steelers. But Looking forward to Dawand Jones being healthy. (and I think Christian has been a good pick up...doing extremely well for a guy who was thrown right into the fire...we all know how OLine needs to communicate) When Dawand is healthy look for us to open things up a little more.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:42 PM
Christian has been very good (maybe better than Wills? OL gurus would have to tell us)
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 02:50 PM
Christian has been very good (maybe better than Wills? OL gurus would have to tell us)
Actually at the time he was hurt. Wills had put together a nice string of games. And he was looking more consistent. If you want to go by PFF grades or something like that Christian "might" look better...but it is 2 games vs 8...so the body of work isn't there to make a fair comparison.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by PETE314
Actually at the time he was hurt. Wills had put together a nice string of games. And he was looking more consistent. If you want to go by PFF grades or something like that Christian "might" look better...but it is 2 games vs 8...so the body of work isn't there to make a fair comparison.
yeah, thats fair. We'll see how he looks after week 18
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 03:10 PM

I would add one more caveat, though, which is that Christian has also gone up against the Ravens and Steelers in both of those weeks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05

I would add one more caveat, though, which is that Christian has also gone up against the Ravens and Steelers in both of those weeks.
exactly, you can't get much more daunting than that
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 03:36 PM
The D and the kicker again deserves credit for the victory. When your O can only produce 13 points and your team wins, all the credit goes to that D and the guy who bailed you out with 6 points. It's better to win ugly than lose pretty and that's what the Browns did.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:02 PM
Defenses win championships. Our offense is riddled and we’re working with a rookie QB. I’m proud of the offense just for getting in FG range.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:12 PM
Yeah Christian has been a decent sub, Hudson is the worst player on the team...anyone that says he's been good hasn't really been watching. He was constantly dropping his blocks off the snap to a foot away from QB.. It wasn't until Jones got in that DTR could actually get his eyes downfield. We are extremely thin at tackle. Jones is no world-beater but he's a significant upgrade over hudson. He's the schwartz of the oline.. Berry will hang on to him because he drafted him. I think one thing is for sure, we have to move on from the conservative gameplan.. we have to trust that whoever we have is going to execute.. Denver's offense is light years ahead of pittsburgh and we will def. need more than 13 points to win. DTR was pretty atrocious for most of the game yesterday but when we opened it up because we needed to, he responded well. That tells me he can handle a little more aggressive playcalling.. It actually plays into his favor since he has zero touch, so let him sling it down field and try to make a play with his arm. We have to stop using our QB's as running backs and blockers.. sure a scramble makes sense so he can slide and protect, but you call a designed run he's going to get hit.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I've said four times this year (vs SF, at IND, at BAL, vs PIT) "I can't believe we won this game" as the final second ticked off

The cardiac kids have never gone away. They just lost those games.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Defenses win championships.

A quick look at the winners of the last 10 Super bowls indicates that more times than not it's O's with good QB's that win championships.

Our offense is riddled and we’re working with a rookie QB.

All that's true and they did win. And yes, this it's the D who was responsible for that win.

I’m proud of the offense just for getting in FG range.

And just imagine, they actually managed to do that twice in an entire game.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Defenses win championships.

A quick look at the winners of the last 10 Super bowls indicates that more times than not it's O's with good QB's that win championships.

Our offense is riddled and we’re working with a rookie QB.

All that's true and they did win. And yes, this it's the D who was responsible for that win.

Do you even root for the Browns? They beat the friggin Steelers. Anytime that happens and if the score was 2-0 A true fan would be happy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:05 PM
I do root for the Browns. That's does not require one to be blind.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:44 PM

Oh, man- that's fantastic.
Call me an old softy, but that just made my cheeks wet.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 05:54 PM
That was a great vid. My wife would be bawling if she saw that.
Posted By: Swish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 06:41 PM
Jc

Check on our receivers and make sure their hands are still intake. Catching nukes with just gloves gotta be tough. Our guy DTR really needs to take some heat off of those throws, cause not every pass has to be a heat check.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 07:23 PM
Jc

Check on our receivers and make sure their hands are still intake. Catching nukes with just gloves gotta be tough. Our guy DTR really needs to take some heat off of those throws, cause not every pass has to be a heat check.

+1

Although it's hard to fault a QB for throwing fairly accurate passes with a little extra mustard, there were a few that had entirely too much velocity... one of the screens reminded me of Weeden. No excuses for a performance like Njoku's regardless.

Also, tell me it was just me Dawgs, but the more evident anomaly (by comparison to Watson) was a higher spin rate... and the fact that sometimes perfect spirals are a little harder to catch.

For the most part, dude just stood there and threw darts all day.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 07:38 PM
Elway was known for that and his receiver's had to suck it up and catch them.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 08:01 PM
Jc

+1

Although it's hard to fault a QB for throwing fairly accurate passes with a little extra mustard, there were a few that had entirely too much velocity... one of the screens reminded me of Weeden. No excuses for a performance like Njoku's regardless.

Also, tell me it was just me Dawgs, but the more evident anomaly (by comparison to Watson) was a higher spin rate... and the fact that sometimes perfect spirals are a little harder to catch.

For the most part, dude just stood there and threw darts all day.

Some of it may be a timing thing also

Receivers get used to how a QB throws and DTR hasn't had a lot of reps with the receivers

He threw like that in collage and the receivers caught his passes due to reps with each other
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 08:05 PM
"Receivers get used to how a QB throws and DTR hasn't had a lot of reps with the receivers"

Harder/faster throws get on you and past your hands faster. Hopefully, they all get a little more adjusted to each other this week and things are better in Denver.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 08:19 PM
Yep. It's an adjustment. At least we weren't watching him fire late balls into tight windows all day... which became a way of life and a seemingly unbreakable habit by Baker down the stretch.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 08:36 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 08:41 PM
His length gives Watt fits.

I mentioned that somewhere. He is hard to get around because he has fast feet. But you watch him give that jab and defenders cannot get into him.

Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 08:56 PM
I've gone back and watched, and focused. I've never seen Watt so nullified by the mere physics presented by the size of Jones. I know we're talking 'early returns', but Jones is proving to be one of the best picks by this regime, especially from a value standpoint.

* And yes, Bone... the "swat" looked like a parent swatting a toddlers hand away from the cookie jar at times.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 09:12 PM
Yep. It's an adjustment. At least we weren't watching him fire late balls into tight windows all day... which became a way of life and a seemingly unbreakable habit by Baker down the stretch.

Baker's gone now....

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 09:36 PM
We can still talk about if we want to, correct?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 09:37 PM
rofl
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 09:38 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 09:42 PM

People can talk about and comment any way we all choose withing the rules of the board. I thought you would know that by now?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 10:44 PM
Meanwhile, back in Pittsburgh.....

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 10:46 PM

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 10:48 PM

Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 11:09 PM
I hope he's got that thing cranked up.

I remember a Hard Knocks Njoku that took offense to teammates suggesting the Jugs. Yesterday was an anomaly as he's been pretty sure handed for two+ seasons now. Glad he's putting in the work. He took responsibility early and often after the game yesterday, starting with a strong embrace with DTR.

Smart, Tough, Accountable was beginning to become a punchline for this team about a year ago, Chief wasn't havin' it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/20/23 11:15 PM
I like when they show the broadcast booth like that
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 12:19 AM

Me too. I love the way Jim get so excited and hyper. That is how I watch a game. It also seems so genuine. Other announcers that are enthusiastic, seem so phony. The first that comes to mind if Dick Vitale. I think when he first started he was genuine but for the past 20 years it seems rehearsed.
Posted By: OrangeSky Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 12:40 AM
[quote=PerfectSpiral]

Well, it was actually 3 times. They just got a touchdown on one of those times.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:09 AM
The only thing that bothers me about DTR is that he has difficulty throwing the sideline out. Almost a couple of interceptions yesterday.

That can be fixed.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:30 AM

People can talk about and comment any way we all choose withing the rules of the board. I thought you would know that by now?

Well, pit, your post seemed a little snarky. Sorry if I read it wrong.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Me too. I love the way Jim get so excited and hyper. That is how I watch a game. It also seems so genuine. Other announcers that are enthusiastic, seem so phony. The first that comes to mind if Dick Vitale. I think when he first started he was genuine but for the past 20 years it seems rehearsed.
I agree ... it seems very genuine
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
The only thing that bothers me about DTR is that he has difficulty throwing the sideline out. Almost a couple of interceptions yesterday.

That can be fixed.

I agree. Makes me nervous everytime he throws one.

I don't think it's an arm strength thing. I think it's a timing/anticipation thing.

I am hopeful it's being addressed in practice.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 01:42 PM

I hate that PIT has such a good coach in Tomlin.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 01:46 PM

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 01:48 PM

Barring an injury or a massive drop in production, I have no reason why Garrett won't be named DPOY.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 01:53 PM
Steelers just fired Matt Canada
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:03 PM

The Steelers have to figure out if Matt Canada was the problem or if Kenny Pickett is the problem for the next FA period and/or draft. Clearly, the offense was crap under Canada, now it will be determined if Pickett was the problem as well. It's the right move....probably should have been done sooner.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:11 PM
I agree. They give Pickett the final 7 games to prove it WAS the old OC
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:20 PM
I hope they win enough to keep out of the upper tier QB draft. I could see someone like Bo Nix falling some and the stillers landing him. I want Pickett to be their only young option next year… and every year after that…. For a decade. I love Kenny Pickett… as the Steelers QB.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I hope they win enough to keep out of the upper tier QB draft. I could see someone like Bo Nix falling some and the stillers landing him. I want Pickett to be their only young option next year… and every year after that…. For a decade. I love Kenny Pickett… as the Steelers QB.

I see the Steelers being the team that trades away a 2nd round pick for Justin Fields. I think with their schedule they will get to 10 wins and will pick down in the 1st round far enough that they won't be players in the draft class of QB's. Also Tomlin I don't believe will want to go thru the learning curve with a rookie again.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:53 PM

Stefanski threw the flag?
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:55 PM

TJ Wwwwhat?
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 02:56 PM
"Zipcode" got the job done.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 03:11 PM

Stefanski threw the flag?

Not sure why that was posted by Withers

KS did not throw the flag, he had discussions with the ref about the situation

I'm glad he didn't, the TD from the short field was just what the team needed
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 03:11 PM

That's a great way for them to try and cover up the fact that their FO drafted a crappy QB.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
I see the Steelers being the team that trades away a 2nd round pick for Justin Fields.

Why would Chicago trade away their promising, young and talented starting QB for a second round draft pick?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 04:06 PM

TJ Wwwwhat?

Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 04:40 PM
"Can you find the 3rd and long play in thee 4th quarter where dawand Jones owns TJ watt"

Looks like he owned him all day wink
I love the way Jones doesnt look at Watt. But is fully focused on him thumbsup
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 05:22 PM

That's a great way for them to try and cover up the fact that their FO drafted a crappy QB.

Yeah it’s happened here more than once.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 05:45 PM
I see the Steelers being the team that trades away a 2nd round pick for Justin Fields.

Why would Chicago trade away their promising, young and talented starting QB for a second round draft pick?

I think its cause Caleb would be cheaper, in the short term, which would help them keep building through the draft.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 06:04 PM
That would be a crazy thing to happen. I don't see that scenario. Fields is only on year 2 of his rookie contract and the Bears have a 5th year option. If you want to build a team one of the most essential building blocks is a starting QB. Gambling on a rookie draft pick who you will actually be paying MORE for over the next few years doesn't save you any money and is a huge gamble. I've seen some mock drafts that actually project teh Bears drafting him. But I think it's t trade him for multiple picks in that same draft rather than to trade off Fields.

Fields was draft at #11. Caleb would be drafted at #1. His salary will be higher than Fields and you have no idea how we will perform in the NFL. Trading a known commodity for an unknown commodity is a risk I think they would be foolish to take.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 06:05 PM

TJ Wwwwhat?

I love your comment. Jones makes TJ stutter, no doubt.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 07:21 PM
That would be a crazy thing to happen. I don't see that scenario. Fields is only on year 2 of his rookie contract and the Bears have a 5th year option. If you want to build a team one of the most essential building blocks is a starting QB. Gambling on a rookie draft pick who you will actually be paying MORE for over the next few years doesn't save you any money and is a huge gamble. I've seen some mock drafts that actually project teh Bears drafting him. But I think it's t trade him for multiple picks in that same draft rather than to trade off Fields.

Fields was draft at #11. Caleb would be drafted at #1. His salary will be higher than Fields and you have no idea how we will perform in the NFL. Trading a known commodity for an unknown commodity is a risk I think they would be foolish to take.

I get your logic. How many times have we seen logic thrown out the window by GMs? Our own included… passing on Rothlisbuger, drafting two massive busts in the same first round in Manziel/Gilbert, etc

A new coach is likely coming in to Chicago. (Harbaugh?) They may want to clean house and take their own guys. Caleb and Harrison could make for instant impact and a fresh start.

Just sayin, never say never.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 07:38 PM

Fields is in his third season, and the known commodity is "crap with a glimpse here and there" so far. Can't read a defense, before or after the snap. Uncomfortable in the pocket but athletic enough to constantly fun into his own lineman and assist in the sack. Claypool was supposed to be a big answer, instead he was an absolute disaster. And their Oline sucks. Not enough talent to build a two-year bridge to a hope and a prayer (Fields), it would be smarter to pick up the dice and try again.

They're licking wounds and ready to move on. They would jump at a chance for a 2nd for Fields in a heartbeat, imo.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 07:40 PM

Because they would not get a 1st for him. His numbers have not been that good. And they will have the 1st pick in the draft and will draft a new QB next year.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 07:43 PM

Fields is in his third season, and the known commodity is "crap with a glimpse here and there" so far. Can't read a defense, before or after the snap. Uncomfortable in the pocket but athletic enough to constantly fun into his own lineman and assist in the sack. Claypool was supposed to be a big answer, instead he was an absolute disaster. And their Oline sucks. Not enough talent to build a two-year bridge to a hope and a prayer (Fields), it would be smarter to pick up the dice and try again.

They're licking wounds and ready to move on. They would jump at a chance for a 2nd for Fields in a heartbeat, imo.

Correct, Fields is in his 3rd year of his rookie deal. Also, the Bears will have to make a decision this upcoming offseason on whether or not to pick up his 5th year option.

I agree that the Bears would jump at a 2nd round pick for Fields. New coaching staff will likely want their own guy.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:02 PM
Yeah, if the Bears get a good deal, I think they'd walk away from Fields in a heartbeat.

Also, don't they currently have the #1 pick because they own Carolina's? And the 4th? That's ripe for a new QB with either of those picks.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:03 PM

Correct, Fields is in his 3rd year of his rookie deal. Also, the Bears will have to make a decision this upcoming offseason on whether or not to pick up his 5th year option.

I agree that the Bears would jump at a 2nd round pick for Fields. New coaching staff will likely want their own guy.

If the new guy is smart, they'll try with Fields and see how it goes first. Once you pick a QB, you have to win with him. They don't look ready to win around the QB. Keep the "we need to pick our own QB" excuse for down the road. Build up both those trenches. Looks like a good year for OL in the draft. If you can trade back in the first a bit, get additional day 2 picks, and a future first, to me, that's the play. Maybe take Penix later if the injury concerns have him drop out of round 1 or trade back up to 32 for the 5th round option perhaps.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:07 PM
Yeah, they're not even close to being "A QB away". Until you can protect Fields you don't know what you have and if a new FO goes off the deep end in the beginning, they're tying their entire future on a rookie QB.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

If the new guy is smart, they'll try with Fields and see how it goes first. Once you pick a QB, you have to win with him. They don't look ready to win around the QB. Keep the "we need to pick our own QB" excuse for down the road. Build up both those trenches. Looks like a good year for OL in the draft. If you can trade back in the first a bit, get additional day 2 picks, and a future first, to me, that's the play. Maybe take Penix later if the injury concerns have him drop out of round 1 or trade back up to 32 for the 5th round option perhaps.

It seems presumptuous to think ownership will allow you the "we need to pick our own QB" down the road if you were to pass on one this draft and Fields falls flat again next season.

Especially, if Williams or Maye turn out like CJ Stroud. Nobody thought the Texans were ready to win now either.

We'll see what happens.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

It seems presumptuous to think ownership will allow you the "we need to pick our own QB" down the road if you were to pass on one this draft and Fields falls flat again next season.

Especially, if Williams or Maye turn out like CJ Stroud. Nobody thought the Texans were ready to win now either.

We'll see what happens.

I don't know that trying to look for built in excuses for failure is exactly smart either way. To buy an extra year on your guaranteed coaching contract anyway? Loser mentality in my book. Unless, you're convinced Fields can be the guy.

With two top 5 picks you can guarantee you draft the QB you want and that comes with a three-year lifeline by definition. Plus you acquire a 2nd from the club that thinks it can fix Fields. That said, there is also the obvious variable of how you view the QB crop in the draft. There are three (seemingly) qualified candidates, just have to pick the right one. Now you have a 2nd round pick (currently without one) and more money to build a roster starting fresh with a rookie QB.

A lot of this hinges on how the season plays out as far as draft position. If the Bears happen to end with #1 and #2, they will get a king's ransom for the top pick, with multiple bidders. Then they would have the ability to take a stab in 2025 if Fields doesn't work out and hand him a generational talent at WR to work with while you find out.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:37 PM
The Bears will have 2 picks in the top 5 and will look to try to replicate what the Texans did last year and get a QB and another impact player. Trade Fields for more assets.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 08:55 PM
As long as they're right. If they're wrong there goes their future in Chicago.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 09:47 PM
As long as they're right. If they're wrong there goes their future in Chicago.

You are assuming that Fields is the future more than some new QB.

New groups usually like their own players and are a bit worried about taking the chance they will be strapped with somebody else's mistake...if it turns that way.

There are some top QB's in this draft, I think they might look to trade.

In the end, I don't give a toot about the Bears and who they draft or who they keep.
Posted By: captainphil Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 09:50 PM
In my fantasy football league group text the Steelers fan shared a link about Canada getting fired with the comment 'Christmas came early'. I replied 'that wasn't Christmas, that was Myles Garrett.'
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 09:50 PM
Fields is not the future. They are definitely taking a QB.

This is a weird conversation.
Posted By: myka Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 10:03 PM

Most overrated coach of all time. Been caught cheating twice, once where he literally went onto the field to try to trip a player and outted by Jerome Harrison for paying for injuries (bounty gate before bounty gate). If he were only any other team he'd have been suspended and/or fired by now. Add to that the fact that the Steelers are gifted 3-4 games every year by the Refs and he's mediocre at best. I wouldn't want him in Cleveland.

Harbaugh on the other hand, that dude is one of the best ever and I hate that he's in Baltimore.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 10:14 PM
...and four weeks ago we were firing Stefanski.

I know what I would do today, but the Bears have a half-season to finish the process, and Fields can enjoy a no-pressure situation and show what he's got. The elephant is that they don't really want him to do too well. lol

Now, as far as this article goes, this is the exact demeanor they should display to any source of media anyway. For a few different reasons, one being their posture concerning what they think his market value is.

Bears have to be blown away by QB prospect to select him high in 2024 NFL Draft, per report

Nov 19, 2023 at 10:17 am ET

The Chicago Bears get their quarterback back in Week 11 as Justin Fields will return to the lineup after missing the last four games due to a dislocated thumb on his throwing hand. Fields admitted he's not 100% just yet, but he's good enough to go on Sunday.

How Fields finishes out the 2023 season is important, as Chicago has to make a decision on his fifth-year option this offseason. The Bears will also surely have a high draft pick -- they own the Carolina Panthers' first-round selection, thanks to last year's trade involving the No. 1 overall pick. According to SportsLine Data Scientist Stephen Oh, the Bears currently have the best chance to win the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft at 38.4%, and have a 90.9% chance to earn a top-three pick. Chicago passed on taking a top quarterback last year. Will it again this time around?

The Bears, according to NFL Media, would have to be blown away by a quarterback prospect to pick him high, and will weigh that evaluation against what they know about Fields. In six contests this season, Fields has completed 61.7% of his passes, and thrown 11 touchdowns compared to six interceptions while averaging 200.2 passing yards per game. Fields received an MVP vote last year after lighting the league on fire with his legs, rushing for 1,143 yards and eight touchdowns, but it's fair to say he hasn't taken that step forward as a passer in 2023.

What do the Bears want to see from Fields over the next few weeks? NFL Media reports it's consistency, playing well in the two-minute offense and red zone and then limiting turnovers. In six games played this season, Fields has turned the ball over eight times.

Assuming both USC's Caleb Williams and UNC's Drake Maye declare for the draft, the Bears have a great shot of being "blown away" by a QB prospect. All three of our CBS Sports NFL Draft experts have Chicago taking Williams or Maye with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...t-him-high-in-2024-nfl-draft-per-report/
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 10:17 PM
Bill Cowher was another Steelers coach that was way overrated. He should have won a lot more with the talent he had. The one Super Bowl he did win he was lucky.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 10:37 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/21/23 11:29 PM
In the end, I don't give a toot about the Bears and who they draft or who they keep.

My toot begins and ends Dec 17th. His last time in Cleveland he was sacked nine times, 4.5 by Garrett. This time they'll be playing to protect him and for a draft pick.

Chalk up that W. Go a mere 3-3 with the rest of the schedule and we are in the playoffs.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 02:14 AM

My toot begins and ends Dec 17th. His last time in Cleveland he was sacked nine times, 4.5 by Garrett. This time they'll be playing to protect him and for a draft pick.

Chalk up that W. Go a mere 3-3 with the rest of the schedule and we are in the playoffs.

I must not remember that game. I would have sworn that Garret did that to Haskins during the Washington game.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 04:28 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...tart-as-myles-garrett-browns-crush-bears
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 05:27 AM
Go a mere 3-3 with the rest of the schedule and we are in the playoffs.

Dare to dream- like a Brown. wink
Just messin' with you a little...

Based upon what this team has shown me this year, I actually am starting to expect better numbers than those. I no longer count them out for any NFL game- not before kickoff, and not during the game, no matter how "poo-poo" we might look (Thank you, Nancy Pelosi) in the first 15 minutes.

It ain't been pretty, but Dawg- there's just been something... different about this bunch. From Day One.

This team has been dealt a weekly "situational s# show" of a season, since Game Two, and they taken the 'no excuses' approach all along. They have taken the kind of punches that have knocked out every CLE team since The Return (with the exception of the 2020 season, which still gets an * from me, because of how weird it was). And now, they sit 1/2 game out of 1st place in the most hard-knocks division in pro football.

For those Browns fans still working their way through their recovery steps of "Battered Dawg Syndrome," I get it. I totally get it. It's been long and hard, that relentless shaft you've taken.
Please let me be the emergency sponsor for your recovery program:

CLE just beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh in back-to-back games. Real-life NFL games. Elves even provided the game that broke a divisional team's camel's back- prompting it to fire its OC, mid-season.*

If this injury-riddled, cobbled-together team can accomplish 7-3 at this point in the schedule, they have empowered themselves to write the second half of this season in their own words.
No excuses.

Dawgs: I can't get enough of this Browns season. It has everything a sportsdramajunkie could want: Last-second wins, Come-from-behind wins. Improbable wins. Heartbreaking losses. But always with a team that goes all-out, every play, every game.

Ladies & gentlemen... this season is visual evidence of the "culture change" that I've been waiting for. It has been my mantra since we came back. I believe it's finally here.
Browns teams are now winning hard-fought, last-second divisional games that they used to routinely lose. They show no quit. They lift each other up on the sideline after a setback, and they celebrate each others' successes. I believe we saw it solidify with the hiring of Jim Schwartz, but the building blocks were already being set in place before his arrival. The Cleveland Browns finally have a legit FO/Coaching structure that can compete in the NFL. And these games are our evidence.

This team gets its persona/energy from the Defense. It all flows from there. Best D in the league, by all important metrics. Cleveland Browns are now a team that routinely puts divisional rivals in rehab. And this past game, they placed an OL rookie on PIT's best edge rusher... and gave said rookie permission to shut him (tf) down, all game long.

This team is changing. Right before our eyes.

*#95isThanos.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 05:54 AM
That was Fields first start.

DTR had challenges too. Most have challenges.

Just pointing out that every first start by a quarterback is a Marino or Mayfield.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 05:59 AM
It’s a lot easier to focus on the other team when you have minimal drama, are winning, and divas are not on the roster.

Case in point Cooper is having a great year but he is not partaking in the “get me the ball” bs.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 11:55 AM
And now, they sit 1/2 game out of 1st place in the most hard-knocks division in pro football.

We are 1/2 game out of 1st place in the entire conference. I only want to look at one game at a time, but how cool would a home playoff game be?
Your post was a great way to start the day.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
And now, they sit 1/2 game out of 1st place in the most hard-knocks division in pro football.

We are 1/2 game out of 1st place in the entire conference. I only want to look at one game at a time, but how cool would a home playoff game be?
Your post was a great way to start the day.

Home field has crossed my mind as well.

However, November is where you position yourself for a playoff run. December is where you punch the ticket. We need to take care of business the next 6 weeks or we might not even get a ticket. With more people wanting tickets than tickets available, we need to be bullies and make sure we are near the front of the line.

Go Browns!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 05:00 PM

We've had bigger implosions...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Postgame Thoughts - 11/22/23 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
That was Fields first start.

I'm sure Garrett is dreaming of replicating that game. It was insane how badly our defense shut them down... and this defense is soooo much better.
I'd love to see Myles get 4 sacks, but I'll be just as content if the D just shuts them down completely.
© DawgTalkers.net