Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by slick
Good win. Now let's get Flacco on here and hopefully ready to start in a couple of weeks
from your lips to God's ears

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Ravens’ QB and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco is signing with the Cleveland Browns’ practice squad, per me and
@FieldYates
. It is expected that Flacco will get promoted to active roster. Flacco will give the Browns added QB depth in light of Deshaun Watson’s season-ending shoulder injury.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Packers fan here. I wanted to thank you guys for beating Pittsburgh. Those guys really were obnoxious last week. I’m sorry about the loss of your QB for the year. I don’t mind seeing that happen to KC or Pittsburgh but hate to see that happen to you guys. Hang in there.

5 members like this: dawglover05, mgh888, slick
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Greenbayfan
Packers fan here. I wanted to thank you guys for beating Pittsburgh. Those guys really were obnoxious last week. I’m sorry about the loss of your QB for the year. I don’t mind seeing that happen to KC or Pittsburgh but hate to see that happen to you guys. Hang in there.
thanks ... and good win against the Chargers. It helps us in the playoff push.

My grandpa was a diehard Pack fan .. so you're always gonna get my well wishes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Back to back "Rematch" wins. One against the division leading Ravens on their field.

And a rematch with the team we were tied with for second place. Nick came out of the tunnel leading the team on crutches.

That's right the Browns just beat the Ravens and the Steelers back to back in a rematch.

On August 28, the Chargers traded Dustin Hopkins to the Cleveland Browns for a 2025 seventh-round pick after he lost his starting job to Cameron Dicker.

Berry missed on York and struck gold on Hopkins.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I hate the Patriots and Steelers probably as much as you guys. Kansas City is getting on my last nerve too.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
Originally Posted by bonefish
Back to back "Rematch" wins. One against the division leading Ravens on their field.

And a rematch with the team we were tied with for second place. Nick came out of the tunnel leading the team on crutches.

That's right the Browns just beat the Ravens and the Steelers back to back in a rematch.

On August 28, the Chargers traded Dustin Hopkins to the Cleveland Browns for a 2025 seventh-round pick after he lost his starting job to Cameron Dicker.

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Yet, we have fans posting the Browns sucked today! Stefanski needs to be fired! Amazing!

Cheers!
Go Browns!

Legend
Legend
The Browns played the Ravens and Steelers back-to-back (sometimes in reverse order) in 13 seasons since 1999 prior to Nov. 19. It happened twice in 2011. This is the first time the Browns beat both teams in consecutive weeks.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
FATE #2044448 11/19/23 10:31 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
The Browns played the Ravens and Steelers back-to-back (sometimes in reverse order) in 13 seasons since 1999 prior to Nov. 19. It happened twice in 2011. This is the first time the Browns beat both teams in consecutive weeks.
this is a glorious note

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
every announcer I saw today on all 3 shows picked the steelers

Let them eat (chocolate) cake.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
All I can say is the stadium was LOUD today and very few ugly yellow towels as opposed to previous games. My ears are still ringing, it was glorious! And Chubb coming out of the tunnel and Jim Donovan smashing the guitar before the game was incredible!

Last edited by columbusdawg; 11/20/23 12:00 AM.

#gmstrong
5 members like this: Pdawg, dawglover05, jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Welcome back, Jimmy.

I personally dedicate this Browns win to You.
I hope someone from the Browns organization sees my post, and follows up upon such an appropriate gesture.

If they did such a thing, we Browns fans would lose our ever-loving minds.
Jimmy D is a local treasure. We've walked with him through everything, because he's walked through everything with us.

...and today, he got to call a CLE win over PIT.
At home.

Dawgs.. that had to be satisfying as h# for him, today... and I couldn't be happier for him.
Jimmy provides the voice that binds us all as family.

What a great homecoming for our dear friend.

#Dawgpoundlove,
Clemdawg

2 members like this: PrplPplEater, mgh888
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati
If you figure, that the league and Referees, like we all know, will/ wish to /steal the final 3 games, or 2 of them to make the finale as meaningful as possible,
<<< and if you remember nineteen eighty five or six or seven, ] one of em] ... the Browns only had to win one of their final 3 to get into the playoffs, to win the div. maybe, and they were 3 teams the Browns were better than, ... what happened? iirc. it took to the end of the last chance of the 3rd game, it was brutal, brutal brutal I tell ya, don't wish to repeat it. >>>>

and if you just have a feeling that Chicago is going to play lights out against you, .. figure the eightyfive bears defense defending their title against the 2023 Browns as the greatest defense of all time

and then, if you figure that you don't have much of a chance against T. Lawrence and Jacksonville, ... you are already presumably a seven and six team trying to get to eight and six before you fall to seven and seven,
and
if that is the case, ^ then, both the next game, at Denver,
and the game after that, at the Rams

are both, about playoff @ualifier games that if you lose, may be the one that knocks you out of the playoffs.

^ Think that's crazy??? Look back at 2007.
In 2007, they had won five or more playoff @ualifiers, by this point of the year, before they ran into a motivated Bengal team late in the year, and , by the end of the Browns year
they didn't even make the playoffs that year despite going ten and six.

ahh zero seven, Derek Andersons' calling card was 6+ scoring drives per game, whether FG or TD, all sloppy but 6+ scoring drives per game was DA's strength, and it was beautiful. But even THEY, didn't get in the playoffs, :sigh, can't let up.

We should just forfeit the rest of the season.

Dude might be the single most fragile member of these boards. Which is saying something! Needs a bowl of soup, a hug and a nap.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
I hope someone from the Browns organization sees my post, and follows up upon such an appropriate gesture.

Clem....see my post from WKYC a page back.

Or to save you some time...

https://twitter.com/wkyc/status/1726373917286178985

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by columbusdawg
....and very few ugly yellow towels as opposed to previous games.....

2 members like this: Hammer, PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati
If you figure, that the league and Referees, like we all know, will/ wish to /steal the final 3 games, or 2 of them to make the finale as meaningful as possible,
<<< and if you remember nineteen eighty five or six or seven, ] one of em] ... the Browns only had to win one of their final 3 to get into the playoffs, to win the div. maybe, and they were 3 teams the Browns were better than, ... what happened? iirc. it took to the end of the last chance of the 3rd game, it was brutal, brutal brutal I tell ya, don't wish to repeat it. >>>>

and if you just have a feeling that Chicago is going to play lights out against you, .. figure the eightyfive bears defense defending their title against the 2023 Browns as the greatest defense of all time

and then, if you figure that you don't have much of a chance against T. Lawrence and Jacksonville, ... you are already presumably a seven and six team trying to get to eight and six before you fall to seven and seven,
and

are both, about playoff @ualifier games that if you lose, may be the one that knocks you out of the playoffs.

In 2007, they had won five or more playoff @ualifiers, by this point of the year, before they ran into a motivated Bengal team late in the year, and , by the end of the Browns year

ahh zero seven, Derek Andersons' calling card was 6+ scoring drives per game, whether FG or TD, all sloppy but 6+ scoring drives per game was DA's strength, and it was beautiful. But even THEY, didn't get in the playoffs, :sigh, can't let up.

Did you just explaine time travel to us???

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
1 member likes this: Psydeffect
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What a great atmosphere at the stadium today. Games like this are why I started back with season tickets. My voice is gone.

I hope DTR can build off this and develop into something. But at what point do we think about making a move to Flacco? I like the kid and want to see him succeed, but he still is a work in progress. It would be great if he could be the guy, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Anyway Go Browns and it feels good to be winning again.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 11/20/23 12:29 AM.
2 members like this: FATE, ScottPlayersFacemask
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by slick
so we are 7-3 ...
Our remaining schedule:
at Denver
at LA Rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
===========
at Houston
NY Jets
at Cincinnati

and

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Happy you had a blast at the game.

This may sound sarcastic/smartass, but does starting a 38-39 year old immobile QB sound more realistic to you? Personally, (my opinion) I’m fine with him being a backup to DTR and watching DTR (hopefully) grow.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Time travel is simple. Somehow people look at time travel that goes in both directions, but actually, time is an enormous circle. So, if you want to go "back" 10 minutes, you actually have to go forward the full extent of time minus 10 minutes, preferebly using an inverse tacyon collider to facilitate a breach in the space time continuum, while also ensuring that the vehicle used is sufficiently shielded so that the occupants are not ejected out of infinity, and into a marsh in PA named tinkle towel terror.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Clem....see my post from WKYC a page back.

Or to save you some time...

https://twitter.com/wkyc/status/1726373917286178985

This makes me smile, Milk.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Swish
Im glad DTR go the win. Huge confidence booster, especially after such a rough 2nd half performance.

But that last drive was money. Hopefully Stefanski trust him a bit more going into next week. He has the arm, just needs to develop touch.

He will. Stef stuck to the plan until he had to open it up a bit.

Going to have to. The Broncos D has been on a roll lately and they are a turnover machine. And getting to the end of a 1 score game against Russel Wilson is a bit different than doing it against Kenny Pickett.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by lampdogg
He did, peen and it worked out, but those constant three and outs could have worn out our D. We should have loosened them up with a couple deep balls, just to show them we will do it. I won’t argue about it though because we got the W, smile

And I won't argue with you because I see the point and even during the game I was thinking we needed to start stretching things out a bit. I think the fear was as pressure increased on longer throws, was the QB's composure and ball security going to remain intact?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Swish
Im glad DTR go the win. Huge confidence booster, especially after such a rough 2nd half performance.

But that last drive was money. Hopefully Stefanski trust him a bit more going into next week. He has the arm, just needs to develop touch.

He will. Stef stuck to the plan until he had to open it up a bit.

Going to have to. The Broncos D has been on a roll lately and they are a turnover machine. And getting to the end of a 1 score game against Russel Wilson is a bit different than doing it against Kenny Pickett.

No doubt.

With a young QB, sometimes baby steps are required. Also, each opponent requires a different plan. I think coach knows he can't go in to each game with the same plan. In this case the plan might be the same and work better. I have no idea where Denver stands defensively. Maybe they aren't as stout against the run as the Steelers. If not and the run game is churning, the same plan might be the way we go. ??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Welcome back, Jimmy.

If they did such a thing, we Browns fans would lose our ever-loving minds.
Jimmy D is a local treasure. We've walked with him through everything, because he's walked through everything with us.

...and today, he got to call a CLE win over PIT.
At home.

Dawgs.. that had to be satisfying as h# for him, today... and I couldn't be happier for him.
Jimmy provides the voice that binds us all as family.

What a great homecoming for our dear friend.

#Dawgpoundlove,
Clemdawg

That is a great post, Clem. You deserve to be complimented for it. Kudos.....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
What a great atmosphere at the stadium today. Games like this are why I started back with season tickets. My voice is gone.

I hope DTR can build off this and develop into something. But at what point do we think about making a move to Flacco? I like the kid and want to see him succeed, but he still is a work in progress. It would be great if he could be the guy, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Anyway Go Browns and it feels good to be winning again.
jealous that you got to attend! It looked like a crazy atmosphere. Tomlin noted it multiple times in his press conference

1 member likes this: Psydeffect
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Really glad with the win.

I advocated that Stefanski call the game exactly like that to shield DTR, albeit with less pass attempts. That being said, the ground game wasn't going anywhere, so no complaints from me, outside of Njoku dropping passes. It's not a JUGS issue for him. It's a habit issue of looking down the field before he secures the ball.

I don't get the complaining about Stefanski, or the pedantic terms like "Stinkfanski" especially after a win. That's childish. Stefanski is making decent chicken salad out of chicken crap.

On the other side of the ball, Schwartz is making a Thomas Keller-esque seven course meal out of the best ingredients. Both are making the best out of what they have.

One interesting thing I saw after the game was Kenny Pickett in a presser mention that they were confused by the Browns defense. Said Pitt expected man-to-man and the Browns showed a lot of zone looks. Hinted that they never made the right adjustments. Another indictment of Matt Canada I suppose.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
These guys are gonna give me a heart Attack.. Geez. I love it to be honest... Great to see Chubb and Donovan..

Congrats to DTR

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Seeing Jimmy get a game ball from KS is a special moment.

Choked me up for sure. I lost a close friend to that disease.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed Bone I felt the same way. We have become a very close team and I would think that should be attributed to KS. We haven't seen that in a long time!!!

Legend
Legend
For sure ... we seem very connected and resilient. That's leadership, from both coaching/FO to the leading players

Someone also made a good point: this is the first time in a LONG time where our own draft picks have stuck around past 1 contract, so they have developed a better culture (Garrett, Chubb, Bitonio, Ward, Njoku, etc)

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
If we had lost in overtime, the back-to-back safeties they took away from us would have looked large. What the hell was that, and why didn’t Stefanski challenge?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by The Big G
If we had lost in overtime, the back-to-back safeties they took away from us would have looked large. What the hell was that, and why didn’t Stefanski challenge?
they said he did throw the challenge flag, but it wasn't seen by the side judge

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by The Big G

Was thinking the same thing for the Pickett tackle

Then watching them play deep and scared on their own half yard line was enjoyable to watch

It gave the Browns a short field and a TD

It made me wonder if that was the best thing

If a safety was called, it could have had a different out come

Who knows, it worked out and still feeling pretty dang good drinking my coffee on my first day of vacation smile

1 member likes this: RememberMuni
Legend
Legend
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
AFC North playoff odds, per ESPN FPI:
Ravens: 96.2% (65.3% to win division)
Browns: 81.7 (24.3)
Steelers: 52.5 (10.2)
Bengals: 10.2 (0.3)

Legend
Legend
one other thing I forgot to mention ... we had ONE penalty all day IIRC

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
God Bless my wife for putting up with my profanity throughout the second half. It seemed like we tried to give this one away in the fourth. However, the look on DTR’s face at the end of the game told us all that this kid was giving us 200% of himself. Nobody wanted to win this game more than him. No matter what happens from here on out, I’m proud of this team, and also feel that we have the best coaching staff in the league.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This all feels very surreal doesn't it?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Who knows, it worked out and still feeling pretty dang good drinking my coffee on my first day of vacation smile

Coffee? Come on man you’re on Vacation!

1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 10 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard