Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
The Browns and the Chiefs have the same record.

Do you know which team has scored more points?

That would be the Browns. 227 to 225.

Think about that for a moment. Mahomes and the Chiefs have scored less than PJ, DW, and DTR. That's right the Super Bowl Chiefs have scored less than the Browns.

We now will face the Broncos who have won four straight. Well let's see now. Beat the Bengals in the opener when they were considered a Super Bowl team. Beat the Niners when they were undefeated. Beat the Ravens who had two losses and Lamar was considered an MVP candidate. Beat the 6-3 Steelers with a rookie quarterback.

Is it possible that the Browns are as good as any team in the AFC?

Talk about upsetting the apple cart.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Short of the playoff win in January 2021 this team has done more positive things than all the teams since 1999 combined and we’ve had a carousel at QB. Do you think the HC has something to do with that. We’ll give Jim Schwartz some credit too!!

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
Steelers just fired Matt Canada ... after losing to us LOL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Steelers fired offensive coordinator Matt Canada.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
So funny because on "Get Up" they are talking about how the Steelers will be fighting the Browns for the Wild Card.

Half game behind the Ravens with seven games to go and they have it all figured out.

OK maybe we have a prayer. There is a lot evidence in the stats people are refusing to look at when it comes to the Browns.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I like watching the sports shows too Bone. They’re entitled to their opinion but sometimes they don’t really know what they’re talking about. They probably don’t spend much time on our Browns anyway. They’re too busy talking about the Dallas Cowboys or another glamour team. The New York teams get a lot of attention too

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The atmosphere around our Browns is very different than in the past as well as the outcome of some of our games. Maybe MR. Jim Brown is looking down on us and helping us out!!

Legend
Legend
“History Is Written by the Victors”

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Dangit. Hopefully they hang onto Pickett, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
I know right. Please don't fire all your bad players/coaches.

L
Legend
Legend
L
wonder who made the call.. many felt like it would never come from tomlin (atleast during the season) That GM might have to jump in and force the issue

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Oh no! Hope they bring him back next for his traditional preseason role. It wouldn't feel like a Browns preseason without the perennial John Kelly appearance.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
So the NFL leaders in drops of the entire NFL..the top two spots are both our players...Njoku leads in the NFL in drops with 7, second is Jerome Ford with 6...sad, as they aren't receiving the same amount of targets as others on the list (Kennan Allen, Diggs, Garrett Wilson, Tyreek Hill)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Dangit. Hopefully they hang onto Pickett, though.

I saw a Pittsburg talking head say they had seen enough of Pickett and that fans want to go back to Mason Rudolph! Please let them go back to him!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Myles Garrett agrees wink naughtydevil

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
This is good tape on Dewand Jones vs. Watt.

This young tackle was a steal in the draft. I have no doubt that he can move to LT if the Browns want him there.

I would not do it this year but it is a move they could make.

Going into the Steeler game. I wanted this matchup. I knew Watt would struggle against Jones in pass rushes.

Jones has the feet to get into the right position and then he has that length. He gets those long arms on you and it is over.

He has that stiff long jab into the chest. It is like a boxer with a great jab. It sets up your defense.

I am super impressed by the play of Jones this year.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, jfanent
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Bone...good stuff.. nanner

At the beginning of the game it looked like Hudson was going to be able to handle Watt but as the game got into the second half Watt was having some success against Hudson. Next thing I know, it's 79 at RT against Watt, pushing Watt face down into the grass.

Not sure if the Browns planned to play DJ sparingly to give Hudson some playing time or if DJ was dealing with an injury, but that RT position is better with Jones playing.

Watching Watt getting handled did this old RT proud.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Dawand was questionable to play before the game.

So going into the game I think Callahan wanted to use Hudson on run plays and Dawand in pass protection.

Dawand has been exceptional all year in pass protection. He is learning the run game.

IMO Dawand will be a starter no matter where he ends up playing next year. Conklin and Wills may or may not be with the team next year.

Dawand will be a fixture in Cleveland.

2 members like this: Homewood Dog, Hammer
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I agree Bone. Great feet, length, etc. All the makings of a future LT. Run blocking needs some work, but I would not be surprised if they transitioned him to LT next year. Perhaps, Jed transitions back to RT.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I speculated on one of my posts a while back that it could be the future plan to put Dawand at LT and was quickly ridiculed by a fellow poster. Dawand is probably at least as good as wills right now. JMO

P
Legend
Legend
P
The very idea of drafting players is to develop them and replace high priced FA's and high $$$ players on the roster to help manage the cap. A develop your own kind of thing. No GM hits on all of their picks as anyone can see looking across the league. That's just the nature of the beast. But man did Berry hit on this kid!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
DTR must not play any more starts this year,

If DTR had been the only @uarterback the Browns used all year so far, the Browns might have been Winless, or nearly, and on their way to losing I4.

If DTR plays the final seven games, the Browns could go 0 and seven or one and six.

DTR = worse at @uarterback, than Cade York was at making Field Goals ,

and can it be more obvious, just OPEN your EYEs wide and Look at the evidence.

What are they doing, what is this Browns team doing, it's unbelieveable that they'd play DTR any more this year.

And if he could prove that wrong, ^
Look, the Browns' won't put him in position to prove that wrong, they really should be starting PJ Walker, or 'somebody,
but
DTR has been a part of your TWO>>>>> lowest point totals all year,

It's freaking nonsense to play or rely on DTR in this game, or on this team, or at THIs POINT OF THIs KIND OF sEAsON.

You need to score 30 points per game, and DTR is Woefully unable to get you more than I/3rd of that against even favorable NFL matchups.

Where are the points going to come from?
Where are the points going to come from?
DTR, is taylor made to Ruin your team, ... and he is UN>>develop>>able, between now and the end of this NFL season.

The Team, should, ^don't blow their current position in the standings because ^ this is obvious.

The team should =NOT stick with a known problem, but find a solution in a different player. PERIOD.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm sure the hope is that DTR will improve some.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I'm sure the hope is that DTR will improve some.
Like the 34+ Browns @uarterbacks who played from nineteen ninety nine until twenty seventeen, I'd bet there was hope there too, but last week was one of the worst @uarterback performances, with allllllll of those incompletions, and bad decision making by the @uarterback,

if a @uarterback goes.. ten for eighteen,... then there were "8" that did not get complete, it is an unmentioned number,
and any tme that that number is large, or a large percentage of the total number of attempts, then you are seeing bad @uarterback play,
especially in the NFL.
last game wasn't anything we'd want to see happen again.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Throw, your point is valid but maybe for once we’ll get lucky with a QB. At least no one can say we never tried to get the QB position right 😊

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 11/25/23 02:19 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
We'll I hope the Head coach and front room have learned enough over their time in Cleveland,
I haven't seen the Browns win Twelve in the regular season in over ahem >40 years+ and, neither have they been in this position in the AFC race either, since their last, correction last +one, "home" playoff game in eightynine,
I Hope,
they've leaned,
not to put the fortunes of this team in the hands of an inaccurate first year <24 year old signal caller
for the stretch run of a playoff race....

for the stretch run of a playoff race??? have they been awake, has anybody in this org. been awake the last 40 years, b/c the NFL doesn't change 'that much, it really hasn't.

It'd be a shame to waste this position in the standings but you are one and a half games out of last place and not even getting into the playoffs
But as off today, you don't need any other team to do anything for you to control your destiny into the playoffs if you win your own biggest games,
and this is the biggest this week because you are playing not only denver but denver is the only afc west team you play this year,

Road Warriors this is one of only 4 road games remaining in the regular season schedule, and
There are only Eleven games to go this year, ... why not Win all of them.
edit , upon further review, DTR turned 24 last week, oy vey, Happy Birthday, and uhhh, C'mon team, we need veteran leaders

Last edited by THROW LONG; 11/25/23 03:18 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Chief wanted to share his story

How he played against the Ravens is absolutley amazing and Brave !

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Amazing. And it appears he has no scars from it.............

When I was 5 I was playing with fire. Outside, burning trash. Had seen my older brothers take a stick and pick up burning plastic on the stick, and use it as a torch. I tried it. The burning plastic fell off as I was waving the 'torch' around. I was barefoot. As I looked for my 'torch', I found it. I stepped on it. It stuck to my foot.

I guarantee that 20 yard run to the house was the fastest any human ever ran. It was melted onto my foot. Mom lifted me up and put my foot under the faucet. Got the plastic off, then straight to the doctor. 5 years old. On crutches. I still have the scar on my left foot. It was a 3rd degree burn. I can't believe he looks just normal now. Good for him.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Thanks for the memories, Mike!

1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
Browns elevate QB Joe Flacco to the active roster

Browns also elevate CB AJ Green III to the active roster

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...4itH4M8n9DH80jWbOzN4P1E2c55g2cBWQUqLPRcM

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
officially Flacco time

Legend
Legend
fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Damn David Njoku you have some serious mental strength.

He is a guy who I will never question. Playing against the Ravens after that is beyond comprehension.

We drafted David when he was very young. He was a specimen of athletic ability.

He was probably the worst blocker I have ever seen on a football field.

Fans felt he was a bust. Inconsistent hands and a terrible blocker. He never quit working. He has become an exceptional blocker.

Until recently he has caught the ball.

I am a fan of his and hope he reaches all his personal goals.

2 members like this: jfanent, AZBrown
R
Legend
Legend
R
He is also one of the few true leaders on the team.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
In a different thread a few days back, a poster stated that he was strangely looking forward to seeing what Flacco can do. I am in this mindset now.

I was all in on riding DTR until the end (except for injury or complete implosion from the young man).

Now I truly believe that we will be extremely lucky to squeak into the wildcard based on all the circumstances that have been mentioned ad nauseum. Fielding our 4th QB of the season should, if nothing else, demonstrate how Coach will tweak the gameplan to, at least, a 3-game last gasp for a post-season spot. There's a chance he might not tweak it at all, or knowing that we are in for yet another sub-par season, he'll get less clever and tricky.

Rely completely on Flacco's arm and the dependability of our receivers, the opposing defense's pressure on the slower (older) man and Coach's possible mistake of minimizing Ford/Hunt - well, we'll see. I'm not sure that Flacco will offer some sort of wise, experienced leadership to our offense for the next couple of weeks.

But, now that I've resigned myself to another promising but disappointing season, I will also be strangely looking forward to the Stefanski/Van Pelt/Flacco version and if there's any difference in play calling.

I don't expect 30 points. Therefore as goes our D, so goes our wildcard possibility.

Legend
Legend
I don't love our defensive prospects today either because of the matchup. Two stud WRs (without Ward) and a resurgence at RB

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree. I wish we could play this game healthy, I'd feel a lot better. Just have to play the hand we're dealt and make the best of it!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/03/23 12:33 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Amazing. And it appears he has no scars from it.............

When I was 5 I was playing with fire. Outside, burning trash. Had seen my older brothers take a stick and pick up burning plastic on the stick, and use it as a torch. I tried it. The burning plastic fell off as I was waving the 'torch' around. I was barefoot. As I looked for my 'torch', I found it. I stepped on it. It stuck to my foot.

I guarantee that 20 yard run to the house was the fastest any human ever ran. It was melted onto my foot. Mom lifted me up and put my foot under the faucet. Got the plastic off, then straight to the doctor. 5 years old. On crutches. I still have the scar on my left foot. It was a 3rd degree burn. I can't believe he looks just normal now. Good for him.
I think the "plastic" sounds like the bad part, it , when it burns appears kind of oil based and glue like, ' from watching water bottles burn in a camp fire' and that texture or whatever, cohesion? would have probably been what caused the torch to stick to your foot which would prolong the time of the contact with the hot surface which would have worsened, significantly worsened the degree of the burn,
and being oil like or glue like it would have prevented the separation from the burn without taking skin tissue, like trying to separate a melted cheese slice from a bun instead of a cold cheese slice from a bun, it wouldn't just pull away at that point.
and so that's like a berenstein bears book I used to read when little; of what not to do, where the bear would see a little twig poking out of the water and the bear would dive head first into the water and the twig was attached to a big tree log under the water unseen and he'd hit his head and then you would know what not to do.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Part Deux

Link Copied to Clipboard