Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I agree with the take on Flacco ... I thought he looked awesome until the INT. He looked light years ahead of Watson

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Flacco played well until the Browns damn offensive coordinator got impatient with 6:51 to go in the 4th qtr with the Browns 1st/10 on the Rams 21 with the Browns only needing "a field goal" to win the damn game.

Stefanski went brain dead at that point and handed the game to the Rams by abandoning what had been working offensively for the Flacco.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #2047416 12/04/23 10:44 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm disappointed whenever we lose as everyone else is on this forum. But I honestly have to say when our schedule came out and I saw these last 2 games I had them as losses. We almost never beat the Broncos especially at their place and we usually don't win games played out West with 4:00 PM starts and at the time I had no idea we'd be this banged up. Our coaches and players are doing the best they can with what they've been dealt with. We can and should beat the Bears, Jets and Bengals. I doubt we'll beat the Jags ad Texans. 10-7 is still within reach. Another long week coming up.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/04/23 10:58 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I kept saying to myself over the last month.. all these injuries have to start effecting these game outcomes eventually. We can’t just keep winning irrationally when we basically have a totally crippled offense. The defense has been good but they’re also dealing with injuries and some teams have just plain figured us out. So even if we do get into the playoffs, what are we going to do there with no QB or running game to speak of and a D that has some critical weaknesses?

Look, Flacco is an upgrade over PJ & DTR but he’s the same guy he was when I watched him last year with the Jets. He flashes and he can manage well most of the time but he may just hand the game to the other team at any given moment. And alas… that’s exactly what happened. Think about the Jets QB issues this year and the fact that NOBODY in NY was clamoring to get him back. He is what he is and we are currently what we are: a very injury compromised team. This just ain’t our year.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I agree. The injury situation has caught up to us. Look at the list of HIGH IMPACT players we had missing yesterday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think there’s no point in worrying about playoffs. We are going to lose by 3+ scores minimum next week. Lawrence will set about 5 team records. Flacco was the absolute least of our issues this week and for being a guy who was sitting at home for 11 weeks just shows how bad this team is. He’s probably realized why he was 18-1 against us. Bottom line is this FO and staff have to be upgraded. We can’t draft, we can’t develop anyone , players come here and actually regress under stefanski. We let a rookie HC who has zero pedigree have complete control of the offensive playcalling. We have been setup for failure since the beginning. Since the firing of Dorsey our talent level has plummeted .

LOL - Is that you John Dorsey?

This team is so much more talented than anything the Doof put together.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
I kept saying to myself over the last month.. all these injuries have to start effecting these game outcomes eventually. We can’t just keep winning irrationally when we basically have a totally crippled offense. The defense has been good but they’re also dealing with injuries and some teams have just plain figured us out. So even if we do get into the playoffs, what are we going to do there with no QB or running game to speak of and a D that has some critical weaknesses?

Look, Flacco is an upgrade over PJ & DTR but he’s the same guy he was when I watched him last year with the Jets. He flashes and he can manage well most of the time but he may just hand the game to the other team at any given moment. And alas… that’s exactly what happened. Think about the Jets QB issues this year and the fact that NOBODY in NY was clamoring to get him back. He is what he is and we are currently what we are: a very injury compromised team. This just ain’t our year.

lol.. no.. Flacco left the jets because they got rodgers.. Jets suck, that has nothing to do with flacco, Flacco is the best QB on this roster right now, he def. wasn't the reason we lost. He made throws after being at home over a year we haven't had a qb make this year. He's already thrown twice as many TDs walker and DTR have all year, his rating yesterday, despite the pick, was higher than walker or DTR all season. Remember, he wasn't on the team 2 weeks ago. Maybe it was our defense giving up 30+ points yet again and 400 yards of offense. Comes downs to two things, situational playcalling, and Getting a GM that values depth at skill positions. Our GM can't draft to save his life, thats why we have no depth. I mean look at what we trot out for receivers.. If we had guys playing like they are getting paid we'd be 12-0. The reality of it is Berry didn't do enough to make sure we had enough depth at QB/RB/WR and pretty much all defense.. sure he brought people in the play the role of depth, but they weren't serviceable. If you think you are playing for a deep playoff run, your Backup QB isn't a 5th round rookie and an XFL player. Ditto for RB. Nothing Jerome ford has shown at any point since he's been in league would have me believing he could be the bell cow and not bring in someone else to back up Chubb. Speed is the name of the game in the NFL and we have Zero on the defense.. Sure we have some guys that can run fast, but it doesn't translate into the game. We have DE's who only thought is to get to the QB and they don't set the edges, why do you think we see guys like Payton and McVay expose that.. cause they know.. So yeah. We have alot more issues that won't be fixed this year. Fun pretending we were almost good. Other shoe always drops for us

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Hammer
I think there’s no point in worrying about playoffs. We are going to lose by 3+ scores minimum next week. Lawrence will set about 5 team records. Flacco was the absolute least of our issues this week and for being a guy who was sitting at home for 11 weeks just shows how bad this team is. He’s probably realized why he was 18-1 against us. Bottom line is this FO and staff have to be upgraded. We can’t draft, we can’t develop anyone , players come here and actually regress under stefanski. We let a rookie HC who has zero pedigree have complete control of the offensive playcalling. We have been setup for failure since the beginning. Since the firing of Dorsey our talent level has plummeted .

LOL - Is that you John Dorsey?

This team is so much more talented than anything the Doof put together.

BAHJAHAHAHAHAHA...

tell me you know nothing without telling me.. that might be the dumbest statement on this board ever. Dorsey has done nothing but build championship caliber teams

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have nothing against DTR. He has a very desirable skill set. But he is not yet ready to be a starter at this point in his development. I simply want to see the QB that gives the Browns the best chance to win be the starter. At this point given the choices available on the roster I don't see how anyone can argue that choice would not be Flacco.

As I looked at the injury report I didn't see the Browns winning this game. The Rams are not a team you want to face with an injury riddled defense. And while the performance of Garrett wasn't good I know he wasn't 100%. I know some people say that if he was injured he shouldn't have played but is anyone who could have replaced him on the roster be better than a 70% or 80% Garrett? I'm not sure they would be.

I expect next week to be a tough one as well. The keys to that game for me are two fold. Will the injury report look better? Will Ward be back? And I think we should all hope for cold weather. Flacco is used to playing in cold weather and that type of weather does not favor a warm weather team like Jacksonville. And while Stroud has certainly been playing well, over the last three weeks the Texans have scored 21, 21 and 22 points respectively. That's not overwhelming.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
LOL.

Sure - everything time you post something, it becomes the dumbest statement on this board.

You give too much credit to the Doof for KC. See - he did not want Mahomes. Veach and subsequently Reid did and it is why the Doof was sent packing shortly after the draft that year. He certainly did not bring anything close to championship caliber to the Browns.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

We have remaining in this order:

1.Jaguars
2. Bears
3. Texans
4. Jets
5. Bengals.

I think that we’ll split with Jax/Houston and win the rest of ‘em.

That puts us at 11 wins on the year and into the playoffs. The division might also still be in play considering Baltimore’s remaining schedule and Pittsburgh’s injury situation.

I’m always a bit more optimistic after taking a few thousand breaths after a loss.

L
Legend
Legend
L
we will lose Jax and Houston big. The rest we might win, Jets could be the wildcard if Rodgers comes back. We've split every division team this year so it stands if we have have to win against Cinci at the last game to get in, we would probably end up starting Walker and throw 60 times and not even dress running backs

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by leadtheway
We've split every division team this year so it stands if we have have to win against Cinci at the last game to get in, we would probably end up starting Walker and throw 60 times and not even dress running backs

I don't believe you understand what the term "as it stands" means.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Moore also infuriated me on the pick at the end of the game. He literally gave up on the play and let someone else tackle JJ3

https://www.therams.com/video/rams-john-johnson-iii-interception-browns-joe-flacco-week-13

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39037534

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Team played uninspired today. Team needs a crapload of emotional leaders.
You know, I'm getting tired of this narrative (not from you Rishuz). Team played uninspired today. YTF can't this COACH get his players up for a game? This is a GLARING weakness for this guy. Put down the Denny's menu and be a damn LEADER! GHC already. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Almost forgot - Stefanski abandoning the run AGAIN is getting old. I'm sorry but this guy has to go as an OC. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by leadtheway
We've split every division team this year so it stands if we have have to win against Cinci at the last game to get in, we would probably end up starting Walker and throw 60 times and not even dress running backs

I don't believe you understand what the term "as it stands" means.

lol yeah.. I'm willing to bet I do more than you. I'm not even going to explain it to you.. but I used it correctly

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure, according to you he's going to start the QB who is last on the depth chart and you claim it's you that understands. Some things you just can't explain.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
:He isn't being literal, he's being facetious to illustrate a point.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a facetious attempt at making a point that doesn't exist.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
- The Browns defense on the road has been suspect.

^^ Look at these home and away opponent scoring splits for the defense. It's wild.

Here is opponent yards home vs away.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-yards-per-game

Opponent TDs per game. Second best at home. Second worst on the road.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-touchdowns-per-game

Oddly enough, we're best in the NFL both home and away at opponent first downs given up.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-first-downs-per-game

Tackles are tackles.
mac #2047462 12/04/23 04:48 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by mac
Flacco played well until the Browns damn offensive coordinator got impatient with 6:51 to go in the 4th qtr with the Browns 1st/10 on the Rams 21 with the Browns only needing "a field goal" to win the damn game.

Stefanski went brain dead at that point and handed the game to the Rams by abandoning what had been working offensively for the Flacco.

Same with the double reverse call last week. Some actually defended that play call.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by mac

Same with the double reverse call last week. Some actually defended that play call.

In my car this morning, I overheard the morning show say when Joe was being interviewed, he made the call to go deep during pre-snap reads. Not sure if anyone can confirm this or not.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
D is and has been way overrated - historical, doubtful.

They have thrived at home against teams with poor offenses and/or QBs (some injured like Burrows). Only good offenses which they played at home were: Bal (got crushed) and SF (crap conditions and some in-game injuries on the niners part).

1. Cin - 1st game with Burrows clearly hobbled.
2. Ten - no bueno
3. Bal - DTR 1st game - no chance.
4. SF - Weather and in-game injuries.
5. AZ - Clayton Tune - nuff said.
6. Pit - Pickett, please.

M
Legend
Legend
M

They have thrived at home against teams with poor offenses and/or QBs (some injured like Burrows). Only good offenses which they played at home were: Bal (got crushed) and SF (crap conditions and some in-game injuries on the niners part).

2. Ten - no bueno

Good point.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I read what he said to reporters post game. Was supposed to go to Tillman 1st - covered, check down to Ford - covered. Option 3 was Moore who he thought had single coverage deep. He also double clutched on his throw resulting in rainbow throw and easy pickings for JJ3.

I can't believe more people are not upset with the 3rd and 1 call after that down 8. Pocic penalized for "moving" ball forward (again) costing 5 yards. Idiot zebra interjecting himself into the game unnecessarily - especially at that point in the game - really. Horrible call. I thought the spot was poor on the 2nd down as well and Ford had actually made the 1st down. No measurement - same guy. Ridiculous. Bet he bet on the Rams...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R

2. Ten - no bueno
[quote=Hammer]

I don’t understand the Pickett hate. He may be done for the year or whatever, and it pains me when to say it, but that dude has been everything they’ve needed out of him. We’d be the 1 seed if he’d started the season with us.

Don’t get me wrong. I hate that punk but to dismiss him as garbage is the wrong take.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
When is this team going to make a REAL investment at the LB position. The other teams in our division have done this and it shows up every week for them. I like JOK, 2nd rd guy, he is good. Taki Taki can’t get off a block or fight through the trash if his life depended on it. Anthony Walker is Terrible, all I have ever heard was all this talk about this guy’s intelligence and ability to QB our D. The only problem is he makes NO plays, EVER. Then he gets hurt. They have not had a great LB since D,quell Jackson. We will always be incomplete on D until we get a difference maker at LB. I don’t buy into this crap about LB’s not being as important in today’s NFL. Maybe not in some divisions but not the AFC north. The jet sweeps and counters that LA ran yesterday and what we saw from Denver a week ago would not have been successful against a team with competent LB’s.

JMHO. Go Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Quoted for truth. People blaming Stefanski for the bomb would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad. The QB ultimately decides what read to throw.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Quoted for truth. People blaming Stefanski for the bomb would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad. The QB ultimately decides what read to throw.

If ever there was a play that should tossed from the Browns playbook, it was the play that Stefanski called given these facts...

Browns were down 1 with 6:51 to play after two scoring drives of 15 & 13 plays. They went for HR ball on 1st down & were burned by INT. Haste made waste..

Why would any play caller even put his new starting QB in a position where he could have an option of a deep pass, knowing that what got the Browns in position to have a chance at winning the game was the short and intermediate passing game, along with the running game (to a lesser degree).

The Browns needed to eat the clock as much as scoring a FG to win this game. Giving the Rams the ball back without running the clock down would have given the Rams a good chance to win the game on a last second FG.

Are we attempting to say that the Browns didn't have a pass play that used Browns wr Moore as another a short or intermediate pass option..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know Mac, unless it is a screen or something like that, I think many to most pass plays are designed to attack at 3 levels of the field..

But no doubt going deep wasn't a good option. A screen or quick slant might have been a better choice.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 Rams 36 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard