Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
it depends which two we win ... if we win in Cincy and Houston? we're a lock

If we win vs Chicago and the Jets, not so much

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
If the opposing D has stacked the box, is it really called for?

If you're still moving the ball even when they stack it, do you still move away from it?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That depends on the opportunities that them stacking the box opens up downfield. If stacking the box exposes the middle of the field wide open, yes, you take advantage of that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

IMO, this is about as solid of an endorsement of Flacco starting from here out as you're going to get. I was as curious and hopeful about DTR as anyone, but if Flacco can get other players to fear our pass-catchers again, sign me up.

Fear the Browns pass catchers again ?

Were they ever feared ?

The Browns are one dropped pass less then the leagues leader in dropped passes KC Cheifs

Chiefs have had 32 dropped passes

The Browns have had 31

Who's going to fear those pass cathers ?

Yeah... fair point.

I would argue that Njoku was well on his way until his recent bout of stonehands-itis. Cooper is a reliable route-runner that can make the tough catch. So far, Moore hasn't lived up to the post-trade hype.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Eli has started to produce because he’s feeding off Flacco. The old guy is chucking the football around the ballpark. If we can get to the playoffs we can beat anyone.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
it depends which two we win ... if we win in Cincy and Houston? we're a lock

If we win vs Chicago and the Jets, not so much
No "lock" unless you remain 2nd in the div. not 3rd or 4th. which could happen if Pitt beats Cincy, then Balt. takes a dive in final week against pitt. Pitt would then have the tie break over Cleveland, five and one vs. 4 and 2 in the div. record.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tie-breaking-procedures/

could move the Browns form fifth, to eleventh in the afc >>>> in one outcome, of a different game. frown

all you can beat this week is Chicago, Need every game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
After last night's games looking at the Standings is pretty amazing.

The Niners and Ravens are the number one seeds. We beat both of them.

Here we are on Dec.12th in full control of our destiny. We actually could not only win the division but also have the number one seed.

Four games to play and I take no game team in the NFL lightly. We still have a lot of work. But damn it feels good to be right in the middle of the NFL world instead of looking at the Draft.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Especially, since once again they have no first round pick.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Right now I am all in on this season. No matter what happens. It has been thrilling.

The games have been gut wrenching. When these close games are over. I am exhausted. Need to take a shower because I stink.

Game day I am trying to be calm. All good unless it is one of those games. Then it is like I was playing.

I don't even want to think about the draft and next year.

That my friend is a damn good thing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I always live in the moment while at the same time keeping an eye out on the future. If not I feel I would miss the enjoyment of the moment and also not be prepared for the future if I focused all of my attention on one or the other. I'm simply saying that if the draft were all Browns fans had to "look forward to" right now, to some extent even that would be discouraging.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Because I’m lazy can someone tell me what the hell our offense line looks like now? Who are our starters left to right? One thing Flacco will definitely need is protection.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
2nd String
2nd String
We are making the playoffs with our entire 3rd string! Yippie!!!

Legend
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
·
6m
#Browns left tackle Jed Wills Jr. underwent arthroscopic surgery this morning and is out for the season, source says

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
LT: Christian
LG: Bitonio
C: Harris
RG: Teller
RT: Hudson

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by Frenchy

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

2 members like this: slick, PortlandDawg
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Flacco is a 100% pocket passer who excels with protection. We need to do whatever it takes to protect him if we want any shot at the playoffs.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The season is only 8 more games, even if you win them all.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by JimDawg
There are 4 teams in the AFC that are not going to make the playoffs that are in the mix or ahead of the line today.

and, It is likely 2 of those will be afc north teams, really,
Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh are fighting for ONE playoff spot, Whoever ends 2nd behind Baltimore,
because the other AFC teams won't let up and have easier schedules.

The Browns could still very well miss the playoffs.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns remaining schedule

Bears
At Texans
Ny Jets Thur.
At Cincinnati,

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Frenchy

I want to make a comment to this, but I’m not about to jinx it more than it’s already been this season.

Legend
Legend

4th string now lol

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Flacco is a 100% pocket passer who excels with protection.

Yes and no. He's certainly not a rushing threat, that's for sure. And he does excel with protection. However what I have been surprised by is his escapability. Both in being able to sidestep pressure, maintain his balance while delivering the ball with defenders draping onto him due to his size and strength and his ability to just read the coverage quickly and seemingly just flip the ball out with little to no effort 30 yards downfield.

He's not a top NFL QB but he's helping put points on the board like they couldn't do before and is leaps and bounds better than anything else they have.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Not really Browns news but football news.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...mp;mb_edition=20231213&mb_loc=left_h

Sure sounds like the parting of the Patriot Way.

Not sure if Bill would consider another head coaching position?

When you don't have an answer at quarterback. Your days are numbered. Tomlin as far as their fans are concerned is another guy on a very short leash.

2nd String
2nd String
I think we at best have barely 2 wins left due to attrition. Chicago and NY.

Legend
Legend

Chicago just destroyed the Lions, so I wouldn't chalk it up as anything for certain.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Chicago just destroyed the Lions, so I wouldn't chalk it up as anything for certain.

Are we going 0-4 to finish it out?

Legend
Legend
Titans just beat the Dolphins.

There are no gimmies in the NFL.

Fields can run that always can be a problem. The Lions have just won their last two games against the Vikings and the Lions.

We don't have a starting team any longer.

T
Legend
Legend
T
You do have a starting team, the players who start for you ARE your starters, you have the best team in the NFL.

Positive outlook , We want Moore.

T
Legend
Legend
T
How about this Positive scenario, AFC playoff seeding,
I KC, twelve and five
2. Baltimore twelve and five
3, Miami, eleven and six
4. Indianapolis Eleven and six
five, Denver, Eleven and six
6. Browns, Ten and seven
seven Cincy, Ten and seven, ... Jaguars lose 3 of 4,

Browns at Miami, Browns Win
Cincy at Baltimore, ... Cincy wins
Denver at Indianapolis, Denver wins < wild card round

Divisional round,
Cincinnati at KC, Cincinnati wins
Browns at Denver, Browns win... And what would that set up my friends?

Your Cleveland Browns HOSTING the AFC Championship game against lowly Cincy, two wild card teams, played in Cleveland Browns stadium, Browns WIN,

and go on to face, the ...
Cowboys in the super bowl, where the Browns would WIN.
In epic fashion knocking off a cowboy team that had won I3 straight and fifteen and one in their last I6.

Making Your 2023 Browns the greatest team in NFL history. smile

L
Legend
Legend
L
we have an old gunslinger who rode into town to set things right. We’ve gone from run-first to chucking the pigskin around the park, because we have to.

gmstrong

-----------------

O
Legend
Legend
O
Browns sign veteran safety.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Psydeffect
L
Legend
Legend
L
Good. Somebody has to play safety.

gmstrong

-----------------

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If there’s some sorta potential magic thing that happens with this team from now on it’ll be because there really is no realistic expectation that they’re supposed to win at all at this point. I mean, no one can look at our situation and think it’s just a normal late season set of injury issues. It’s like the football gods chucked a couple grenades in our locker room. I can’t remember it ever being this bad. We’re combing the waiver wire for whole position groups. I still don’t know what the OL looks like that’s protecting our 57yr QB.

So, maybe we play fast and loose, dirt-lot ball, take chances, big gambles, just play for the fun of it. I hope so anyway. Would hate to see them go out all tight sphinctered like the chargers last night (who’ve also have some pretty horrendous injury issues). I mean, even if we do make the playoffs we’re fielding a team where something approaching half the players haven’t taken starter reps in practice like ever. So you play it to make the other team play like crap, be super unpredictable, have fun. No one wants to fight someone who has nothing to lose and is capable of anything. Maybe we lose a couple in blow outs but maybe not. It’ll be interesting to see how the next 4 weeks play out but I’ll be exceeding suprised, nay, shocked if we win more than 2 of them.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
If there’s some sorta potential magic thing that happens with this team from now on it’ll be because there really is no realistic expectation that they’re supposed to win at all at this point. I mean, no one can look at our situation and think it’s just a normal late season set of injury issues. It’s like the football gods chucked a couple grenades in our locker room. I can’t remember it ever being this bad. We’re combing the waiver wire for whole position groups. I still don’t know what the OL looks like that’s protecting our 57yr QB.

So, maybe we play fast and loose, dirt-lot ball, take chances, big gambles, just play for the fun of it. I hope so anyway. Would hate to see them go out all tight sphinctered like the chargers last night (who’ve also have some pretty horrendous injury issues). I mean, even if we do make the playoffs we’re fielding a team where something approaching half the players haven’t taken starter reps in practice like ever. So you play it to make the other team play like crap, be super unpredictable, have fun. No one wants to fight someone who has nothing to lose and is capable of anything. Maybe we lose a couple in blow outs but maybe not. It’ll be interesting to see how the next 4 weeks play out but I’ll be exceeding suprised, nay, shocked if we win more than 2 of them.

Why would they go out all tight and nervous? First game of the year they lost their starting RT. Next game their pro-bowl RB. QB & OL has been a turnstile. DB room is down.

It's been like this all year and the coaches have done a very good job of focusing on the next game. WE are 8-5 and numerous posters on here predicted we would win 5-7 games all year, without the crazy injury situation.

If anything, the team should feel confident because of the success they have had despite previous injuries. I don't think pro players, for the most part, are doom and gloom. They have to have a level of confidence.

But who knows, really? It could all come tumbling down tomorrow. But that si no reason to run scared and abandon your normal game plans.

P
Legend
Legend
P
57 is the new 38?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
57 is the new 38?

Hey Pit my friend

We are both past that

Lets not bring that up

LOL smile

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
I think you bring up a good point.

How do the players react to the load of injuries? If a player is second or third string on the depth chart. He is schooled with the idea that his number can be called at any time. He has to prepare that way. He must know his playbook and the game plan for the team they are playing. He has to study film on the opponent.

These guys have been on the team usually for the whole year. They have trained and worked hard. They want the opportunity to play and contribute.

They have a position coach. They are in a room with players from their unit. They have resources to help them be ready to go.

Until they get their chance to play. We really do not know how they will do. Maybe Hickman and D'A Bell will do fine?

For myself I have learned over time to not have game expectations. Turn on the game and see what happens.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The passing D as a group does better when DZ Ward doesn't play, and I think a set of times has shown that,
but, individually DZ Ward is a really good CB and for that they want to play him,
As Unpopular as noticing that they play better when he's out may be, I think it's notable.
anyway, he's returning,
so that's ehhh maybe a good thing. facepalm.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Are we going 0-4 to finish it out?
If the Bills win out, b/c easy chargers, raiders? whomever,
and if Cincy wins out b/c they have to, one more loss about ends them b/c they have no afc record or div record favorable,

and if one of the Colts, and Texans stays with the jaguars

then a very good ten and seven Browns team could miss the playoffs b/c cincy ended up eleven and six and the Browns ended 3rd in the afc north,
but
Well, if there is only a 2 way tie for a particular playoff spot ,
if it were the bills and Browns

the tie breaker would be, or could end up common games minimum 4 which would include the jets and the bengals

so basically, Winning that final game in Cincinnati,
just like the NFL always wanted, and despite all your hard work so far,
may end up being the ole
If you win you get into the playoffs, but if you don't your year is over.
even if you have ten wins going into it,

the AFC SUCKS to be a part of, and the AFC North Double so

... Hey report is Aaron Rogerz may be back in time to play against the Browns, who would have thought it,

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

What is going at the Njoku house???

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Part Deux

Link Copied to Clipboard