Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2053129 01/03/24 02:21 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
As an observer of the Middle East and in depth study of how religion escalates tensions between countries causing their wars, it’s no surprise it continues and I’m basically numb to their insanity as they all continue to wage war. The USA involvement is also insane. It’s basically the reason the Arab world hates US. Killing… in the name of god.

I'm not the one who said I've grown numb to it. You did.

Actually I didn’t say that. But please continue to lash out. I’m all ears.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
US given no heads up about Israeli air strike on Sr Hamas leader in Beirut

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I quoted you verbatim. Denial is probably your best bet at this juncture. The entire discussion was concerning innocent civilians and this was your response to that.... "I’m basically numb to their insanity as they all continue to wage war." That is the epitome of saying you simply no longer care about it either way.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'll be curious now if Hezbollah ramps up given the incursion into Lebanon.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm curious as well. Then there's the Yemen's Houthi movement attacking ships in The Red Sea. Some people are curious how this will all unfold and the consequences of it all while some have grown numb to it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
To be truthful it’s my way of dealing with things I can’t control.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I'll be curious now if Hezbollah ramps up given the incursion into Lebanon.

Yep with this and the Iran bombings, escalation is imminent.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
while some have grown numb to it.

GMAFB Low blow.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
You yourself said you had grown numb to it. Then you further backed that up by explaining why you feel that way....

To be truthful it’s my way of dealing with things I can’t control.

Now you sound outraged by me pointing out exactly what you have been saying all along. That's more than slightly confusing to say the least.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not really, but I find it amusing you think you know everything,. Then when somebody points out you don’t you lash out at them.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quoting your own words is not lashing out at you no matter hows you try to spin that. Blaming me for your words doesn't actually work. And I don't think "I know everything". But I do know enough to understand that using 2000 lb. bombs are meant to destroy large swaths of area and not a specific target. I know that anyone using them understands that even when they lie to the contrary. I know that purposefully kills large numbers of innocent civilians. I know you said you were numb to it and explained why. That's a very basic understanding of a few pertinent facts.

And the odd thing about that is I get it. I understand why some people would be numb to it. I remember as far back as the war over there in 1973 when Syria and Egypt were involved. It's been going on for what seems like forever in that region. Which would cause many to simply throw their hands up and feel like it's not worth them worrying about or being concerned about it because they can't do anything about it. So I do get it.

I watched America and much of the world become outraged over what Hamas did to innocent Israeli citizens as they should have. I did as well. There was no excuse for such horrendous actions. But at the same time it doesn't excuse Israel from exacting revenge by using weapons which accomplish that exact same thing. Having no excuse to do such things is a two way street.

As we saw with the targeted strike in Lebanon to kill that Hamas leader, Israel knows exactly how to execute a targeted strike if they so choose. They know how to accomplish that without inflicting mass civilian casualties. They know the type of weapons to use to avoid such casualties. They have chosen not to in Gaza. I for one won't sit around and make excuses for it and I will call it for what it is. If you choose a different path so be it.

I've sat here over the past nine years now watching a venomous individual say and do horrible things while running our nation. I've seen him say out loud that if he wins it's fair and if he loses it's not every time he has ran for office. I've watched this play out on full display. At first everyone was shocked and surprised by the things he said. They were appalled by his nastiness and understood he wasn't fit for office. Now he still says such nasty things and you hardly hear a word about it even after all that has transpired. Why? Because people have grown numb to it. And he was counting on that.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Israeli military is preparing to immediately step up its strikes in the Gaza Strip to increase pressure on the Hamas terror group, which rules the coastal enclave, following its brutal October 7 assault on Israel.

IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said Saturday night that Israel was planning to enter “the next phase of the war in the best conditions [for us], not according to what anyone tells us.”

“From today, we are increasing the strikes and minimizing the danger,” Hagari said in a televised press conference.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let's see if they follow through on the "minimize the danger" part.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Let's see if they follow through on the "minimize the danger" part.

That’s about all we can do. Watch.

I did see vids of the hospital ship off the coast and yes some children. But most of the patients I saw, fighting age Palestinian men.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/05/24 11:31 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've been able to watch people such as ourselves help make important changes throughout my life when they ban together to make their voices known. Our nation and the world in general would look much differently today if all people thought they could do was watch. For one thing it's America that funds Israel's war machine. Putting contingencies on those funds could change things a lot. And if enough Americans apply enough political pressure it may be very doable. When it comes to innocent civilian deaths I don't make for a very good spectator. But once again even though we see this differently I understand why you feel that way.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Israel Gaza: What Gaza's death toll says about the war

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67764664

I'm not sure why you think a snapshot makes a movie. If we're going with "What I've seen", I've seen hospital wards filled with children. Anecdotal evidence doesn't tell a story.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The US supplies about 17% of Israel funding. Yeah it’s a lot but they have a lot. And can buy a lot. It would hurt but they aren’t going to fold to US.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Israel Gaza: What Gaza's death toll says about the war

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67764664

I'm not sure why you think a snapshot makes a movie. If we're going with "What I've seen", I've seen hospital wards filled with children. Anecdotal evidence doesn't tell a story.

Calm down. I just posted what I saw. I know it’s a snippet of the whole story. Geez.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://www.timesofisrael.com/blink...h-israel-arab-allies-on-wars-next-phase/

Blinken heads to Mideast for talks with Israel, Arab allies on war’s ‘next phase’
Top US diplomat to visit multiple countries in region, push Israel on aid to Palestinians and on allowing Gazans to return to homes in north, as tensions rise post-Arouri killing

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken was traveling to the Middle East on Thursday for a series of consultations amid a resurgence in fears that the Israel-Hamas war will devolve into a larger regional conflict.

State Department spokesman Matt Miller said the secretary would make stops in Turkey, Greece, Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Israel, the West Bank and Egypt. This will be Blinken’s fourth trip to the Middle East since Hamas’s brutal October 7 onslaught triggered the war in Gaza.

Blinken was originally slated to arrive in Israel at the end of this week, but on Tuesday delayed his arrival to early next week.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Calm down.

I have no idea why you think I'm not calm? Nobody is yelling at you.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Strike kills 12 people, mostly children, in Gaza area declared safe by Israel

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/...Hb_BvevQnVfBH3hqz3vhh_LTX6SF-LyF6SOsp9eg

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe everybody should claim a side. Not that everything is perfect with the claimed side, but overall...who sides with who? There is no neutral, so claiming that is the punks way out.

I am with Isarael.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Doesn’t matter what any of us think about this crap, we aren’t going to change a thing ragging on each other in DT about it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
“Israel’s offensive has focused on Khan Younis, where the military said Thursday it has uncovered tunnels used by Hamas and battled fighters from the militant group that attacked into southern Israel on Oct. 7.

Israel has vowed to continue its campaign in Gaza until Hamas is destroyed.”

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Maybe everybody should claim a side. Not that everything is perfect with the claimed side, but overall...who sides with who? There is no neutral, so claiming that is the punks way out.

I am with Isarael.

I'm on the side of innocent civilians no matter where they are. In Israel, Gaza, Africa or elsewhere.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Innocent Ukrainians don’t get a mention in your crusade?

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not in a thread about Israel. But yes, they're being slaughtered too. The only difference I see is nobody is making excuse why it's okay for Russia to slaughter them.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not in a thread about Israel. But yes, they're being slaughtered too. The only difference I see is nobody is making excuse why it's okay for Russia to slaughter them.
Yes they are. China, Iran, North Korea, and probably a host of other countries, and who exactly are these people you consistently speak of making excuses for slaughtering innocent civilians?

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
In this thread? If you haven't been paying attention to your own posts don't blame me for it.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ok bro. blame me for the way israel fight their war. I’m good. I don’t claim to know it all. I’ve only stated what I’ve seen and read in news. I haven’t picked a side, but I know who started the bloodshed and slaughter. And that’s the unfortunate price all of Gaza and all of Israel must pay now. War.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
And there it is yet again. "I know who started it". I've shown you that they're using 2000 lb. bombs which are not needed and destroy everything within 1000 feet in every direction. Choosing to use that type of bomb specifically, purposefully causes mass civilian casualties. We haven't used those kind of bombs since Vietnam. I've shown that they leveled over 40% of all residential neighborhoods. Your response? "Yeah but Hamas started it."

No you're not responsible for the way Israel is fighting their war. You're only responsible for your response to it. We both agree on the objective here. The objective is to destroy Hamas. Even though as everyone can see with ISIS, you can destroy a military force but not an ideology. It will rise again. But for now Israel needs to wipe out the terrorist threat on its border. So we are lockstep there. The only real difference is I'm not going to sit here and give them carte blanche on the cruelty and purposeful slaughter of innocent civilians.

And we saw what Peen tried to do. He is the type of guy who was like "Declare which side your on. I'm on Israel's side." That same moronic attitude that suggests if you want one side to win you should excuse every action they take. It's all too common these days.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So the USA dropping a big one on Japan is inexcusable in your eyes.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think a lot of factors should be considered. I understand why the Unites States did that but I highly doubt I would have made the same decision. And that's the thing about history. We're supposed to learn from it not make excuses to repeat it. Just like the U.S. learned not to use 2000 lb. bombs in Vietnam. Hamas is not Japan because they are not some major power. Hamas forces are low in numbers especially compared to Israel. Between active military personnel and reservists Israel has over ten times the troop strength. When it comes to military hardware Israel has an extensive and advanced arsenal which dwarfs Hamas.

I know trying to make a comparison out of things that have no correlation is a great bait and switch con game but your comparison simply holds no merit.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Actually I wasn’t asking you a question.

Hamas is the major power in Gaza. They attacked Israel with Palestinian soldiers. They Slaughter, murder, torture hostages in the streets of Gaza. Palestinian soldiers run home or go hiding among innocent civilians. They hide under schools, hospitals, and other civilian infrastructure. They tell innocent civilians they cannot leave or try to move. They are also now hostages held by their own people. Palestinians is the fighting force of Hamas, while their leaders hide away in other countries

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
And who is it exactly that's telling you all of this? This is what happens when the only information people believe is the side they want to win. And how does that excuse bombing their entire families and everyone else within a 1000 feet radius? That last part id what I'm most interested in. You see Israel claims it's only targeting Hamas. I've shown you that's simply not true. Yet here you are talking about everything but that.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I saw Palestinian men attacking, murdering, torturing and parading Israeli hostages through the streets of Gaza. Didn’t you? I saw the cash of weapons they hid under a hospital. Didn’t you. I guess you didn’t or you wouldn’t have asked. But go ahead and continue to excuse hamas’s and their Palestinian soldiers for hiding behind innocent civilians like the cowards they are.

– Jackie Robinson
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
PitDAWG- you reside in Tenn.- please inform all of us your access to Israeli intelligence, their military planning, their interface system between boots on the ground and Israeli aircraft and training for Gaza campaign. Your whole point seems rooted in tragic civilian deaths. Are you familiar with type of 2000lb bombs they are using, their fusing, you're positive sitting in Tenn. the blast radius is 1000 ft- could it be 800- have you actual seen the civilian casualties and verified they were indeed non-combatants- is a child strapped with a bomb, who walks into group of Israeli soldiers a "civilian"....are hospitals with major military targets under them exempt from targeting because you think they shouldn't be----the Mideast conflict isn't using US standards and never will- you know little in Tenn.-----compared to what the combatants know. I hate us, human beings killing each other----worrying about Gaza's great---what's your fix for daily killings in Chicago or Good Old US of A?

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He seems to know it all, but doesn’t accept the simple fact that Palestinians make up most of Hamas. Hamas is the governing body of Gaza. When they decided to attack Israel and take hostages they put everyone in Gaza in harms way and they didn’t care and carried it out anyway. Gaza is where they’re at because of Hamas not Israel. All the US can do is ask them to let in humanitarian aid. But he needs to blame someone here for excusing Israel to make the point he thinks Israel is fighting dirty and targeting civilians. They’re targeting Hamas fighters, not civilians. Palestinians hiding amongst their own, placing their own families in harms way, then calling foul when they are injured or killed. Pfft cowards.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why are you being so obtuse? You haven't seen the film of these children being killed and wounded all over Gaza? The hospitals overrun with women and children?

And the information on the blast radius of those bombs is easily obtained. It's not some government secret. It explains the difference between the blasts of 500 lb. bombs verses 2000 lb. bombs much the way I have done in this thread.

Explosive weapons with large destructive radius: air-dropped bombs (the Mark 80 series and Paveway attachments)

https://aoav.org.uk/2016/large-dest...-mark-80-series-and-paveway-attachments/

America is not bombing civilian neighborhoods in Chicago. Which is exactly what Israel is doing in Gaza. I've seen zero examples of any "children strapped with bombs going up to Israeli troops in Gaza. Get that BS ot of here. lol

And Perfect, as has been explained to you, you don't have to "know everything" to have a basic grasp on what's going on. So once Hamas attacked Israeli citizens it made every woman and child in Gaza fair game? More excuses to slaughter innocent women and children.

You are doing nothing more than repeating Israel's war time propaganda while ignoring the facts.

Hamas isn't who has decided to use 2000 lb. bombs that they know will kill all of these women and children. Israel is.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Israel at war again.

Link Copied to Clipboard