Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
But, he'll be 'rusty', yet again. In year 3 of his contract, still 'rusty'. Coming off a season ending injury.

In the last 4 years he's played, what? 12 games? he's probably forgotten how to play football. One thing I'm sure he can do is endorse checks.

It's up to him to prove he can play. Period. The end.

I'm not going to interject here if I think you're right or wrong. I have no way of knowing that. But if you're right and he sucks next season, I'm sure people will be blaming Stefanski for it. It's like, what they do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
rofl
Excellent reply! Detailed and razor sharpe. With contributions like that there's no need for more. Another failed season. More excuses and more of rofl

Nobody needs to waste much effort responding to something of such little substance. This coaching staff took a team with an injury report that looked liker a bomb hit the locker room to the playoffs and you think it was a failure and they should give the coaching staff "one last chance"? Get that BS out of here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, bonefish
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
rofl
Excellent reply! Detailed and razor sharpe. With contributions like that there's no need for more. Another failed season. More excuses and more of rofl

Nobody needs to waste much effort responding to something of such little substance. This coaching staff took a team with an injury report that looked liker a bomb hit the locker room to the playoffs and you think it was a failure and they should give the coaching staff "one last chance"? Get that BS out of here.

I don't always agree with your posts, but you are 'spot-on' with this one....kudos.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Just some thoughts...

First a big "THANK YOU" to the Browns players and coaches for the effort they gave to the fan base during the 2023/2024 season. Seeing the improvement on the defensive side of the ball was a most welcome improvement. It is remarkable what a change one coach/coordinator can have over a franchise, but Jim Schwartz did one helluva job and deserves credit for the much of the progress this season.

Those at the top of Browns franchise need to make an honest critique of their own performances and identify the areas they can improve upon. The Brown were the most "injury prone" team I've seen in a long time and it won't matter if the Browns stack their roster with the best talent in the NFL, it won't matter if those players are unable to practice or play if they "injured".

Pretending that it's just bad luck...NOPE...there are reasons for injuries and in my experiences, "CONDITIONING and PHYSICAL TRAINING" play a role...jmho

Last edited by mac; 01/14/24 02:10 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Still riding that same amusement park ride I see. I think it's rated for children under 12.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Still riding that same amusement park ride I see. I think it's rated for children under 12.

Prove me wrong...

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not the one making the accusations. Since you made the accusations it's up to you to prove you're right. Thus far it's been nothing but your opinion.

You do understand that when you are the one making such a claim it is up to you to back up and prove what you're saying is right don't you? It would appear you do not.

Here's an example of what you're trying to do here........

Stefanski has three wives and children by all of them. Prove me wrong.

People can make accusations about anything. The problem is it's up to them to back up their accusations.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: lampdogg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Oh goodie, all the crybaby Browns "fans" in one thread. Maybe we can keep it isolated

That's what they said about Covid. naughtydevil

We wouldn't have had this problem if you deniers weren't out here drinking all the kool-aide from the same glass!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
rofl

Thank you for translating Pit.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Just some thoughts...

First a big "THANK YOU" to the Browns players and coaches for the effort they gave to the fan base during the 2023/2024 season. Seeing the improvement on the defensive side of the ball was a most welcome improvement. It is remarkable what a change one coach/coordinator can have over a franchise, but Jim Schwartz did one helluva job and deserves credit for the much of the progress this season.

Those at the top of Browns franchise need to make an honest critique of their own performances and identify the areas they can improve upon. The Brown were the most "injury prone" team I've seen in a long time and it won't matter if the Browns stack their roster with the best talent in the NFL, it won't matter if those players are unable to practice or play if they "injured".

Pretending that it's just bad luck...NOPE...there are reasons for injuries and in my experiences, "CONDITIONING and PHYSICAL TRAINING" play a role...jmho

We're still waiting for that conditioning program that you followed to keep yourself injury free.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems as though he may be trying to jockey himself into position to be hired by the Browns training staff. I'm sure they're dying to know his conditioning regimen.

#gmstrong
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
rofl

Originally Posted by bbrowns32
rofl

I don't always agree with your posts, but you are 'spot-on' with this one....kudos.
rofl

Thank you for translating Pit.

Do you hear anybody outside Cleveland talk about injured players as a valid excuse for our brutal loss against the Texans?

Winners spend their time to improve compared to losers who use their time to find excuses. Nothing personal but I’m happy to be on the opposite side of the spectra from some of you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you hear anybody outside Cleveland talk about injured players as a valid excuse for our brutal loss against the Texans?

Do you hear anyone with a brain claiming that such an extensive injury list isn't a major contributing factor to a teams performance?

Winners spend their time to improve compared to losers who use their time to find excuses.

Legitimate reasons and circumstances are factual. Those who deny that call them excuses.

Nothing personal but I’m happy to be on the opposite side of the spectra from some of you.

Nothing personal but I'm happy that I'm on the opposite side of the "spectrum" from those that thinks existing factors play no part in the outcome and as such set themselves up for unreasonable expectations.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Ahhh... so you're a WINNER because you only come here to complain about how the Browns suck, but anyone that points out the fact that our roaster has been decimated by injury is a LOSER.

Stay classy.

It's always nice to visit the "Way Back Machine" lol

I decided to find myself a favorite NFL team in 2017.

My TV subscription offered me all NFL matches and I needed something new so I started to follow Total Access. At that time everything was about the NE Patriots and Cleveland Browns was at the bottom. Simple logic about who’s going to progress most together with nice orange colors and a cool name made it easy.

In the 2018 draft we had three first round picks so from that moment I was caught. Baker immediately made a good impression on me so from there I was a Brown supporter and Bake was my man. Now I watch Browns every week. I follow Quincy on YT. I dislike Colin Cowherd and I think Cynthia F on Total Access is quite hot. Something like that. In the future I will do my best to come to Cleveland and watch a home game. That’s one of my dreams after the Pandemic.

Floquinho is Portuguese and means a white snowflake. My wife is Brazilian and she named our first cat that name. So whenever something goes wrong I blame my poor cat.

🤔

M
Legend
Legend
M
So I'll ask the question which I implied before... What are your expectations for our team?

We'll stick to the offensive obstacles.

4 starting QBs. The last one, a 39 year old signed as a FA sitting at home.
Stud RB, the heart of the team, out wk 2. Among his replacements a FA RB signed off his sofa. A guy most agreed had lost one of not 2 steps last year.
4th and 5th string OT forced to play most/much of the season.
OG fighting injuries final few games.

Are you looking for 17-0? Anything less would be excuses?

Looking for AFC champions? SB?

What is your expectation? Because for me if you want to simply complain and find fault it means the team failed to meet your expectations.... What were they?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Rookie
Rookie
H
Good at beating players with helmets

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns are 13 million over the cap for the upcoming year.not exactly
A good start to the off season. .
The Browns have issues at LT WR and LB.
The Browns if they sign FAs will have to go the bargain bin
Route in 2024. No splash signings.
Alot of 2nd and 3rd year players will need step in order
For the Browns to stay competitive in the North

Last edited by Iluvmyxstripper; 01/14/24 08:14 PM.
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Legend
Legend
Dude created an account to say "Good at beating players with helmets" rofl

What is the thought process?

"This will get them fired up!" 🤣

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
The Browns are 13 million over the cap for the upcoming year.not exactly
A good start to the off season. .
The Browns have issues at LT WR and LB.
The Browns if they sign FAs will have to go the bargain bin
Route in 2024. No splash signings.
Alot of 2nd and 3rd year players will need step in order
For the Browns to stay competitive in the North

And don't forget... no guarantees on returning to the playoffs.

That's the part that burns me the most. 😡

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Step 1: wait till a team loses
Step 2: google losing team to find their team forum
Step 3: create screen name using a word that connects to their team
Step 4: use a past dramatic situation as your clever post
Step 5: reap the trolling rewards
Step 6: show mom and dad that you have new friends

Legend
Legend
rofl

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by mac
Just some thoughts...

We're still waiting for that conditioning program that you followed to keep yourself injury free.

JAFAN...here you go...

This is the best example I can use to duplicate my off season workout routine that I started to develop between my Sophomore and Junior year in HS. Between my Junior and Senior seasons, variations of this workout routine took up 80% of my workout with the rest of my time used for stretching and some weight lifting (upper body).

Remember, some of you asked for this info so don't come back at me as bragging about myself...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There’s a rumor floating around that they’ve made advances in medicine, conditioning, aerobics, and exercise since the 70s and 80s.

Legend
Legend
"Not the Browns!!!"

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Really a remarkable season...haven't had this much fun since 2020...even if it's another season that needs a few asterisks to really remember. Duct tape and bubble gum can only hold on so long.

The resiliency of the team was also remarkable and a welcomed change. That's reason enough for me to not even think about firing anyone from the coaches on up. It looks - and feels - like something good is brewing here...even if I'm skeptical. We have to find out if 2023 was real or never-before-seen luck.

Texting with a buddy last night and we concluded that the Browns were 5-1 against backup QBs (counting Tannehill as a backup and losing wk 18). One of those teams we beat with their backup QB later kicked our teeth in when we played them with their starter Saturday. Our backup QBs were better than theirs...but that tells us zilch going forward...largely to Joe being available and effective oftentimes.

For 2023, we played the #3 schedule in off-division games. For 2024 we will get the #2 schedule while the Bengals get the #4 schedule and get back the poser at QB. That's Dolphins, Saints, Jags for us. In those same off-division games the Steelers get the Jets, Falcons, Colts and the Bengals get the Patriots, Panthers, Titans. Those (3) non-same opponents might be the key. We will be in (3) dogfights there while the Bengals get essentially a bye week playing against (3) new head coaches and (3) trash QBs. If we go 0-3 and the Bengals go 3-0 that could kick us out for division crown aspirations.

I'm concerned that we will somewhat roll the dice again at QB. DW4 is coming off shoulder surgery on his throwing arm AND hasn't consistently demonstrated that - as a Brown - he is the top tier guy we hoped we were getting. I think signing Flacco is a no-brainer...warts and all.

Chubb should be back...but when will he be at full speed. Ford gets crapped on all to much as people forget he's a 2nd year, 5th Rd player. When I read people crap on Ford I wonder if they blame AB for not having a better option. I like Strong as he's faster and more-decisive, but we need to spend some assets at RB.

Our WRs outside of Cooper are less than pedestrian...again. Look at the WRs on the other playoff teams. We need to get better players here...period. Oh...and STOP with the little guys for crying out loud. If they don't run like Tyreke or Pacheco (sp?) DON'T get them.

We have a weird OL situation as our (2) best OTs play the same position and we've got a lot of money tied up in our LT who didn't look much better than the castoff who replaced him...and we are paying the interior (3) guys a truckload of $$$.

I won't get into the defensive players as we are solid there and really only need a better LB than A Walker...re-sign some guys and keep solidifying the backups with young guys who are good players. That and we already have to spend limited assets at QB2, RB, WR, WR.

I sure hope the team and FO don't sit back and pat themselves on the back as there is A LOT of work to do here.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
There’s a rumor floating around that they’ve made advances in medicine, conditioning, aerobics, and exercise since the 70s and 80s.

scott...you can talk straight up to me...no need to pretty things up or attempt to be snide, if that was your purpose for your comment.

The Browns have an "injury problem" and if not corrected or addressed the Browns will never win a Super Bowl.

scott, have you ever heard it said, "you are what your record says you are"...and when we see so many of our players on IR, it's time for those responsible for conditioning and physical training program to be judged and improved.

As for my workout being old fashion, I went 2 yrs uninjured playing outside LB and OLine at a time when LBs could be cut at the knees with blockers being allowed to use cut blocks and roll-blocks. Football was violent with the rules being so lax. I was injured my sophomore year, in practice..playing center, when someone on our OL moved early and our idiot nose tackle decided to jump on the ball thinking it was a free ball. Broke a bone in my wrist and I missed the last 3 games of the season.

I could not snap the ball with a cast on but I convinced the coach that I could still play LB and that the pain did not bother me. Before the next game the coach devised a pad and I got all dressed ready to play but the officials had to OK the cast and pad and they said NO WAY would they allow me to play...

...that moment did something to me..it broke my heart, not being able to play the game I loved.

Watching the last 3 games of the season standing on the sidelines only drove the point home, how quickly I could lose the one thing I wanted more than anything, to play football. That moment drove me to do all I could to be in the best condition physically and mentally that I could achieve.

The Browns have a huge problem with injuries and just what it's going to take to overcome the problem is up to the owners and brain-trust of those in charge of running the franchise.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
LOL - The White Snowflake. That about sums it up for me...

P
Legend
Legend
P

Step 1: wait till a team loses
Step 2: google losing team to find their team forum
Step 3: create screen name using a word that connects to their team
Step 4: use a past dramatic situation as your clever post
Step 5: reap the trolling rewards
Step 6: show mom and dad that you have new friends

He's gone now because his mom wanted her laptop back.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you were doing the same workout and conditioning routine as Walter Peyton when you were in high school? rofl

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Chubb should be back...but when will he be at full speed. Ford gets crapped on all to much as people forget he's a 2nd year, 5th Rd player. When I read people crap on Ford I wonder if they blame AB for not having a better option. I like Strong as he's faster and more-decisive, but we need to spend some assets at RB.

It's time for the Browns change their offensive identity especially in the area of the running game. The Browns need a big, physical back that can move the pile when the offense needs a yard or two.

The Browns should not plan on Chubb being available..he has one helluva mountain to climb. I do not doubt Chub's desire or drive but after 3 major knee surgeries on the same knee, he has a near impossible challenge, imo.

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Just a few words...

Criticizing the team is nothing personal against the team, the town of Cleveland or supporters on this site or anywhere else. Actually the opposite. I want us, the Cleveland Browns, to become better and strive for success. Accepting mediocrity isn't part of my character or personality.

The question I want to ask Andrew Berry is how far away is we from being a legit Super Bowl contender?

A couple of new players?
Maybe some changes on our coaches department?
Can we improve our winning mentality and how?

How do we make sur we get the best out of Watson?

Right now his stint with us has been a financial and result wise disaster. This can't continue without consequences.
What's your plan with him and our offensive going forward?

What's the goal for the Browns next season? Super Bowl? Winning the division?
What will be the consequences inside the organization if we don't reach our goals?

When the owners, DePodesta, Berry and Stefanski meet after the season I assume these are the kind of questions they will discuss.

The question I want to ask Kevin Stefanski what's his thoughts about being crushed by a rookie HC and a rookie QB in the first play off round?

Did he prepare the players mentally the right way?
What was his Plan B entering the 4Q when we hadn't made a succefull drive in almost two quarters of the game?

I want my HC showing anger after a loss of that calibre. I hate to see a coach showing almost zero emotions, almost walking away smiling after such a humiliating loss. That's not the reaction I connect with a proven winner. (Show me one successful athlete who don't hate to lose)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For example compare this to Jürgen Klopp(Dortmund, Liverpool) and Pep Guardiola (Barcelona, Bayern M and Man City), both highly successfull managers who almost starts a fight inside the dressing room after a humiliating loss.

When David Beckham didn't do his defensive work properly his manager Sir Alex Ferguson kicked a boot in his eye who started bleeding and screamed about how lousy he was in front of the whole Manchester United dressing room. Lowering standard is our worst enemy.

Sir Alex won 13 PL titles, two CL titles, 1 World Cup title for clubs and couple of FA and LC trophys in 26 years. Most successfull club manager ever in Great Britain. The old man sometimes hated losses more then he liked winning. That's a mindset of a natural born winner. No room for excuses. No time for underachievers.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If only you could be his strength and conditioning coach.....

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
So you were doing the same workout and conditioning routine as Walter Peyton when you were in high school? rofl

pit...you were one of those wanting to know what my workout routine was...so when I post it you try to start some crap. You can doubt me all you want but what I was able to accomplish is a matter of record, available on the internet.

BTW..I did not say my workout was "the same" as Walter Payton's , DID I..?

Last edited by mac; 01/15/24 12:59 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
How many teams in NFL history have made the playoffs that had 5 starting QB's in that same season? You just keep espousing nonsense.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
How many teams in NFL history have made the playoffs that had 5 starting QB's in that same season? You just keep espousing nonsense.

pit...have I ever claimed that the QB injuries were not a factor in the Browns performance...

But why are the Browns QBs so prone to injuries..?

The injury issue facing the Browns covers every position.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet you still haven't provided anything other than anecdotal evidence and questions to substantiate your claim. And BTW, my post you responded to was directed at Floquinho, not you.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Really a remarkable season...haven't had this much fun since 2020...even if it's another season that needs a few asterisks to really remember. Duct tape and bubble gum can only hold on so long.

The resiliency of the team was also remarkable and a welcomed change. That's reason enough for me to not even think about firing anyone from the coaches on up. It looks - and feels - like something good is brewing here...even if I'm skeptical. We have to find out if 2023 was real or never-before-seen luck.

Texting with a buddy last night and we concluded that the Browns were 5-1 against backup QBs (counting Tannehill as a backup and losing wk 18). One of those teams we beat with their backup QB later kicked our teeth in when we played them with their starter Saturday. Our backup QBs were better than theirs...but that tells us zilch going forward...largely to Joe being available and effective oftentimes.

For 2023, we played the #3 schedule in off-division games. For 2024 we will get the #2 schedule while the Bengals get the #4 schedule and get back the poser at QB. That's Dolphins, Saints, Jags for us. In those same off-division games the Steelers get the Jets, Falcons, Colts and the Bengals get the Patriots, Panthers, Titans. Those (3) non-same opponents might be the key. We will be in (3) dogfights there while the Bengals get essentially a bye week playing against (3) new head coaches and (3) trash QBs. If we go 0-3 and the Bengals go 3-0 that could kick us out for division crown aspirations.

I'm concerned that we will somewhat roll the dice again at QB. DW4 is coming off shoulder surgery on his throwing arm AND hasn't consistently demonstrated that - as a Brown - he is the top tier guy we hoped we were getting. I think signing Flacco is a no-brainer...warts and all.

Our WRs outside of Cooper are less than pedestrian...again. Look at the WRs on the other playoff teams. We need to get better players here...period. Oh...and STOP with the little guys for crying out loud. If they don't run like Tyreke or Pacheco (sp?) DON'T get them.

We have a weird OL situation as our (2) best OTs play the same position and we've got a lot of money tied up in our LT who didn't look much better than the castoff who replaced him...and we are paying the interior (3) guys a truckload of $$$.

I won't get into the defensive players as we are solid there and really only need a better LB than A Walker...re-sign some guys and keep solidifying the backups with young guys who are good players. That and we already have to spend limited assets at QB2, RB, WR, WR.

I sure hope the team and FO don't sit back and pat themselves on the back as there is A LOT of work to do here.

Pretty accurate assessment.

We need DW to play well, but we know two things will happen - 1) he won't throw on time and on schedule and 2) he will get hurt.

But the team has a funny way of playing for him. They never got discouraged when he was playing poorly. If he can avoid #2, maybe we'll have a shot.

RB and WR are the biggest holes. I like Ford as well but I like him catching more than running I think. Can't expect Chubb to be Chubb.

Amari is a year older and Moore and Bell are not the answers. Hopefully Tillman takes a leap forward, but based on what he showed this season, I don't think you can on that.

It will be an interesting off season. I think Berry is going to have to work some magic.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I remember after his serious multiple knee injury in college a lot of NFL teams thought they could never "expect Chubb to be Chubb' either after that. That's why he was still sitting there in round 2 for the Browns to draft. They were wrong then and I hope you are wrong now. But I get why you think that.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Yet you still haven't provided anything other than anecdotal evidence and questions to substantiate your claim. And BTW, my post you responded to was directed at Floquinho, not you.

pit...since the subject matter you and flo were discussing, the Browns QB issues that Stefanski faced this season, I think it was proper to address THE WHY did Stefanski have to so many QBs to train?

Having a healthy QB might be a factor..

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The bigger picture..

Link Copied to Clipboard