Next Thread
Print Thread
#2055194 01/15/24 08:49 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I really don't care who wins this game

Both teams have had recent SB appearances

I'm going to try and watch, only because football is nearing the end and the gap with no football

Most of us dread

Lions Bills SB game is what I would like to see

I like CJ Stroud, he's young and will have his chances.

Allen has really played very well and he the Bills team and the Bills fans need to see a SB game

My Cousin played WR for the Lions so they have always been my favorite NFC team.

Them being able to reach that stage for the first time would be great !

Unfortunately Vegas will have the 49ers and Ravens in the SB

Hopefully I'm wrong about that

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Looks like Baker will start

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Maybe I should have put the two last threads and just posted in the wild card weekend

saw the 2023 post season forum, thought that's where they should go, sorry about that

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Nice drive by Baker and the Bucs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Haven't been following bucs Was there a reason baker would not start

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #2055207 01/15/24 10:20 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
He has rib and ankle injury that may have kept him out

BADdog #2055208 01/15/24 10:24 PM
Legend
Legend
They had to sew his arm back onto his torso Wednesday, was limited Friday but said he would be ready once the stitches were out...

Just kidding.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bit of a face mask on that 2 point try

Joe Thomas #73
BADdog #2055210 01/15/24 10:33 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The great NFL Refs that ruin football

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Again the NFL refs that just suck

This leaugue is all about Vegas and money

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
One thing I can't stand about Baker is how he says he's always injured

So ya got bad ribs and a bad ankle

Right !

Jumping like a bunny

So glad I don't have to watch that every Sunday

Narcissistic ass

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Go Baker! Glad to see him doing well!

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
2nd String
2nd String
[Linked Image from ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com]

Legend
Legend
Good for Baker ... Can't believe how bad Philly looked the last 2 months

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Fake torn laborium and fake fractured humerus . And even if they were real injuries neither impacted his throwing.

Glad we traded for a QB who has performed worse than BM and had more injury time since we signed him.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/16/24 10:07 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2055252 01/16/24 10:11 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Glad to see Baker doing well!

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Me too. Very few former Brown's that I don't wish well.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2055256 01/16/24 10:32 AM
Legend
Legend
one guy for me is Clowney ... he turned into a diva here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

My earlier thoughts going into the weekend...
Some potential upsets I'm thinking about.

1. Tampa Over Philadelphia-- The Eagles have had a pretty bad defense all season but their secondary has really been exploited and opposing teams have passed on them at-will. A player like Mike Evans could have a huge game and Baker should be in a very good spot with the amount of passing attempts I'm expecting him to have.

Outside of Evans having a good game, the Philly defense portion was on point. They were BAD, and Tampa/Baker exploited that in their game plan and passed a ton.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

So ya got bad ribs and a bad ankle

Right !

Jumping like a bunny

So glad I don't have to watch that every Sunday

Narcissistic ass

I wish he was still out QB..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Baker, Baker TD maker! Unless you think Baker is forcing the medical staff to report fake injuries they are real. You know, one thing I've noticed is quite obvious. If fans like a player they call it things like moxy, fire in his belly and drive. If they don't like him he's a show off or a narcissist. I'm glad to see him doing well. He was the last QB to take this team to the playoffs until the five that did it this year. Which was one helluvan accomplishment by Stefanski.

And if I actually thought these games were all rigged there would be no reason for me to bother watching any of them. It would be pointless.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Pit ! do you sing Baker Baker TD maker in the shower or around the camp fire ? LOL smile Just having fun

You are so right about fans and feelings.Good post Pit.

I was at the Thursday night game when Baker Thankfully won that game and opened up the beer fridges.

I sat with Columbus Dawg that night as we sat together in club seats

The couple in front of us moved like 7 rows down because I was being well, lets say, enthusiastic.

Okay emotionally annoying !

The Browns won ! I sat in my seat and cried, the couple who moved down 7 rows came back up to their seats in the row in front of us

The lady said, you are crying. I said yes. I'm sorry for my actions but I needed to see my team win.

She said it's okay and you're my new best friend. We became very close because of Baker winning that game

I was very grateful for Baker and I rooted for him. But for some reason, I just grew from him.

I didn't mesh with his personality and I just started to not like him. Idk how to explain it.

So yes you are very right about fans and feelings towards a player, heck it isn't any difference from posters on this board to people in life

You may like or not like someone simply based on how you feel about that person more so than what that person contributes.

As far as the NFL being rigged. There are still many people who love watching the WWE not me who know it's rigged.

But still watch and support it because of the enterntainment they enjoy from it.

More and more people are claiming the NFL is rigged and with all the betting and gambling being promoted

Seems Vegas could have some part of how Refs call or don't call a play

Been going on for some time now

Again, it's my opinion and I respect yours

Doesn't going to make me not like you because you have your own thoughts on things

Everyone on this board and in daily life have their own thoughts and beliefs

That's what makes life interesting

And if I get a chance to run into you again, will you please sing me a little of that

Bake Baker TD maker ! smile

Have a good one my friend !

2 members like this: PrplPplEater, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't mind everyone having a different opinion. Heck, I go round and round with people in the political forum and some of them I've met in person and as for GM we are Buds. To some extent Peen as well. But that's where I leave it. It's not personal to me and it means nothing to me outside of our discussions in that forum. Some people have a problem doing that. But if they actually feel that disagreeing on politics is a reason to hate or stay mad at someone that's a burden they will have to bear. FATE and I go at it like crazy, but even though I almost never drink anymore, he would be someone I would love to sit down and have a beer with.

I do find one thing rather strange however. Some of the same people that hold disdain over Baker complain that Stefanski isn't emotional enough and doesn't show enough fire on the sidelines. And I'm pretty sure some of those very same people, if their employers were trying to replace them, they too would want to be let out of their contract to seek better opportunities elsewhere.

I just love watching the NFL. I watch a lot of games and have players I root for outside of the Browns. I understand why the Browns wanted to upgrade at the QB position. As anyone can obviously tell you I didn't like who they chose as that replacement for reasons that are painfully obvious but still I get the need for the upgrade.

So yeah, I hope Baker does well and I certainly have no ill will against him. Just like since watson is the Browns QB I hope he does well. People can think what they want about that but there are 52 other players on that roster and a coaching staff involved. I'm not petty enough to hope this team fails just because I don't care for one guy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I have been very fortunate to have met and became friends with GM Peen Fate and so many others on this board, Seriously many of great people I have been blessed with meeting from this board

So many good people. Not only became friends with them , but also with their family. Heck I got to meet you back in the muni lot Island days.

You and Fate would get along great at a game. Had many beers with him. Great guy !

You are no where close to being petty, got your opinions and you do a good job discussing your thoughts on things.

Always enjoy reading the board and everyones views, Gameday thread, not so much. LOL !

Legend
Legend
Haha. Just saw this. Well, I imagine if we ever have a beer, it will be with Deisle and the Dawgs at the Burk 'gate. A bunch of good folk there. Columbusdawg and SaintDawg do a killer job! Might have to do a shot as well, life's short and we ain't getting any younger.

I'll tell you one thing though... you try to slip some of those leftie pills in my drink, there'sa gonna be a battle! laugh

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2055848 01/19/24 01:08 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've seen the side effects those righty pills cause so I promise I won't slip you any of those either. naughtydevil

Saint and I go way back to the Dawg Talk Island days.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Baker beats the lions.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Gameday: Browns at Texans Phiily at Tampa

Link Copied to Clipboard