Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
You keep screaming pork. What pork is in this bill? No arch, the detaisl of the wording is what they have been working out. You do understand that coming to an agreement in principal is different than having every detail spelled out in words don't you?

But your message sounds familiar. Predicting what's in the bill before you've seen the bill. There is a lot of that going on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
And you take them at their word.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And you just make things up without seeing the bill. You do realize this is a bipartisan panel that includes Republicans, right? It doesn't seem as though you can wrap your mind around how the process works. I'm not saying there won't be any pork in the bill. Unlike yourself I don't have my mind made up until I see it. I'm just telling you that after coming to an agreement in proncipal they have to work out the wording of the details put in the text of the bill. For some reason that seems like a foreign concept to you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes Arch. You should never trust anyone with an (R) beside their name until Pit@DawgTalkers says you should.

This would be the first time, but who's counting?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Legend
Legend
A
What bill? It's not a bill until it's seen. Bipartisan? Yeah. Working on the TEXT of the said "bill"? Pork time. Trust me. I don't care who wrote it. D, I, R. And pretty much none of them care until they get their pork into it. Period. The end.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well rather than "trust you" once the bill comes out you can show me the pork that was added last minute. Until then trusting you would be foolish. You're simply taking your preconceived notions and trying to present them as fact. But there's been a lot of that going on lately.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Yes Arch. You should never trust anyone with an (R) beside their name until Pit@DawgTalkers says you should.

This would be the first time, but who's counting?

I trust people with an R in front of their names. Just not the extremists. I know you don't like having discussions but what arch is suggesting is that both the R's and D's are somehow colluding to add a bunch of pork into this bill last minute with zero evidence to support it. Let's face it, both of you always blame everything on the Democrats. So explaining that Republicans are also involved in this process only shows that since this is the claim he's making it promotes some far fetched theory that the D's and the R's are colluding together. But of course personal barbs are more important to you than discussion.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Well rather than "trust you" once the bill comes out you can show me the pork that was added last minute. Until then trusting you would be foolish. You're simply taking your preconceived notions and trying to present them as fact. But there's been a lot of that going on lately.

Wrong. It's not a preconceived notion. It's a fact of how congress works. Thanks for playing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not the one playing Nostradumbass here trying to claim something is in a bill before I ever see the bill. You're not even trying to play. You're trying to see into the future. You need an 800 number like Miss Cleo.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

The libtards on this forum fell for it also

No Craps Given
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It doesn't matter, libs just play loose and fast with all the laws and scream "Congress!", "Trump!" and "Evil GOP!!".

Yet another Trump policy that Biden fought like hell to reverse in order to install the turnstiles. And when a judge ordered it couldn't be ended, the Biden admin just said "well he didn't order us to reinstate it".

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
The text of the senate bill was released earlier today.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/04/poli...er-foreign-aid-israel-ukraine/index.html

E
Legend
Legend
E
It wont pass because of the pork.

No Craps Given
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Yea, trump probably will have something to do with it

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by northlima dawg

Trump is not a member of congress.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
The text of the senate bill was released earlier today.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/04/poli...er-foreign-aid-israel-ukraine/index.html

This "bill" is exactly laughable. After you get past all the military spending for Ukraine, Taiwan, it actually reads like a bill of rights for illegals entering our country. Like, what the U.S needs to do.

As I said, it's pork central. I only read about 80 pages before I started skimming. It seems .......oh, I won't get into it.

But this bill is exactly what's wrong with congress, and this country.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ramaswamy, really? You'll believe anything! rofl

Even the "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" crowd.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that all of that spending for military assistance was packaged into the deal by the Republicans is not pork? Or were you ever keeping up to begin with and just wanted to come here and scream pork?

Now that they have decided they don't want to look bad over military assistance to Israel they've decided to vote on a stand alone bill to help them and not Ukraine or Taiwan. You still can't figure out who it is playing politics here can you?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
It doesn't matter, libs just play loose and fast with all the laws and scream "Congress!", "Trump!"

Yes, God help us if we hold the people responsible for writing immigration laws or the man who told congress to fail this bill so he could use it as an election issue. You know, because they are Republicans.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It doesn't matter, libs just play loose and fast with all the laws and scream "Congress!", "Trump!"

Yes, God help us if we hold the people responsible for writing immigration laws or the man who told congress to fail this bill so he could use it as an election issue. You know, because they are Republicans.

And that has what to do with the return to Mexico law??

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ramaswamy, really? You'll believe anything! rofl

Even the "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" crowd.

And that has what to do with the return to Mexico law?

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You do understand that all of that spending for military assistance was packaged into the deal by the Republicans is not pork? Or were you ever keeping up to begin with and just wanted to come here and scream pork?

Now that they have decided they don't want to look bad over military assistance to Israel they've decided to vote on a stand alone bill to help them and not Ukraine or Taiwan. You still can't figure out who it is playing politics here can you?

Correction:

Republicans said they would agree to no military aid bill if the stooges were going to continue to ignore Biden's Border Disaster.

Legend
Legend

Trump is not a member of congress.

rofl as if that matters

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
And when are you gonna figure out that we are not talking about “immigration laws”, we are talking about border control. Let’s make it really simple.

First, Reinstitute remain in Mexico policy. That just requires some negotiation with the Mexican government. While they are at it, negotiate the return of the Mexican army patrolling their southern border and blocking the flow of migrants north. If the migrants want asylum they can claim it at the first country they come to. Now I am not certain Plugs has what it takes to negotiate that deal and I am certain Blinken can’t, so maybe he can appoint Donald Trump to get the job done.

Second eliminate maybe the most ridiculous policy ever instituted, catch and release. Nobody gets dumped into our country, nobody gets a cell phone , nobody gets a debit card. These two policies alone would return our border situation to roughly Trump era calmness.

Third, hire thousands of “asylum referees” and place them at all ports of entry. Run asylum court 24/7 until all current asylum seekers are adjudicated. Then begin the process of expedited adjudication of those already dumped into the country. Find them, judge them and export them.

Fourth, under no circumstances does anyone who cares about controlling our border sign off on a law that “normalizes” 5000 illegals at our border every day. Another ridiculous proposal. But we can begin to work on immigration law after the border is controlled.

Legend
Legend
I started skimming

Gotta hand it to ya. That’s more than they’ll do on Capitol Hill before canning it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
And when are you gonna figure out that we are not talking about “immigration laws”, we are talking about border control. Let’s make it really simple.

Immigration laws are the very tools used to protect the border. Dear Lord man. Somehow you think it needs to be made simpler than that.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you agree with me but didn't like the verbiage. Now that they've decided they're going to kill the bill before they ever read it, over the week-end they said they would vote on aid for Israel in a stand alone bill. No Ukraine aid. Trying to gift Ukraine to Putin.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Immigration laws are the very tools used to protect the border. Dear Lord man. Somehow you think it needs to be made simpler than that.

From the guy that won't own a single one of the 93 actions overturned by Sleepy Joe in his first week... the policies that all have to do with controlling the border... and instead screams "Congresssss!!!!"

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So you agree with me but didn't like the verbiage. Now that they've decided they're going to kill the bill before they ever read it, over the week-end they said they would vote on aid for Israel in a stand alone bill. No Ukraine aid. Trying to gift Ukraine to Putin.

Turning something inside-out is not "verbiage".

"They've, they're, they, they, they"... are these individual boogeymen or a slow-moving amoeba?

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Arch I do not care if there is not even one piece of bacon in that so called “border control bill”. What has be n leaked previously seems to have been accurate. Normalizing 5000 illegals per day. If it exceeds that number for 7 days in a row the border can be “shut down”, defined as returning the number of illegals back to 5,000 per day. However, the law allows the president to postpone that “border shutdown “ for up to 45 days , rendering it essentially meaningless. There are other parts of that “bipartisan “ law that stink and have no business being even considered as law. I have not read the whole thing but it will not surprise me at all if amnesty for illegals is in there.

Every one of the sorry immigration reform proposals I can remember had “bipartisan “ attached to them. And they were all horrible. We need people negotiating immigration that actually believe our border should be protected and controlled. Like almost all countries do.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
We do not need one single additional law to bring our border under control. We need a president who gives a crap.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just explained what they did. You can place any label on them you wish to for their actions. It's rather odd to me that trump also asked congress to pass an immigration bill when he was president but now you're trying to pretend that only now did the GOP figure out one was needed because you know... Biden.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
We do not need one single additional law to bring our border under control. We need a president who gives a crap.

Then why did trump ask for congress to reform immigration laws when he was president?

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Many of these posts, across a few threads, are making very little sense.

"ShatGPT, can you filter these posts and remove all with TDS and incoherent sentences"...

[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw, you have another meme to try and avoid actually addressing things. The lazy way out seems to be your go to.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Trump had the border controlled. About 45,000 encounters per month during his time. Under Plugs, 200,000 to 300,000+ per month. Until the border is controlled we do not need to do anything with immigration law. Sadly most lefties don’t really care if the border is controlled. So it takes a strong president to make it happen.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Such bologna. Gop’ers had not even seen the bill. When stuff started leaking out I saw very few who had anything positive to say about. Now that much of it has been released it is with good reason they oppose it. It is a pathetic excuse for a “border control bill”.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then why did trump request congress to reform immigration laws? Please try to address the question this time.

Trump ends DACA — and pressures Congress to pass immigration reform

“We’ve got to do an overall immigration reform that’s responsible and, frankly, that’s lawful, and that’s what the president wants to see Congress do,” she told reporters. “We can’t just have one tweak to the immigration system. We need really big fixes and big reform in this process.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/05/trump-dreamers-daca-work-permits-242323

And BTW- Only in the past week or so did the GOP start claiming they were going to reject the bill before they even saw it. And many of them have came right out and said they wouldn't consider it because it might help Biden in the election. Many more came out claiming they wouldn't support the bill after trump told them not to. And he also stated the reason was because he wanted to use it as an election issue.

You seem to be supporting what those putting politics over country are doing right now.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
I did ! You just don’t want to hear it. First control the border. First!!! Then modernize immigration law. It is seriously not complicated at all. I have outlined several times what we can do to control the border. Let’s do it!

P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize that immigration reform laws will give every president regardless of party the tools needed to control the border, right? That's why it needs to be done. You seem to be suggesting we ignore an immigration bill which will put the laws in place to help fix the problem until we fix the problem. That's backwards thinking.

"well let's fix the problem before we pass laws to help fix the problem." saywhat

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall some more!

Link Copied to Clipboard