Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It should be. A proven perpetual liar facing 91 counts should make it obvious he was crooked before he was president, while he was president and since leaving the presidency. But the "They've always been out to get him" crowd can't seem to see it.

They are impervious to facts and logical base reasoning. And if they were to accept reality, their faux news world would implode upon itself. They are lost.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FATE
Actually I believe exactly what he said about it... in December.

Sen. Lankford: WH Isn't Offering Enough on Border Deal

Funny how none of that language changed but it suddenly became a good bill.

Things that make you go "hmmm".

Call it bipartisan all you want because there was a weak republican in the room. The deal was still 100% trash that did nothing to address the immediacy of the crisis.

Carry trump’s water, arguing his case, and hating all things dem… and you wonder why we talk about you the way we do.

Lol. "Carrying Trump's water". If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border. It's a dirty, dirty job, but someone has to do it. Hopefully our cities survive until someone sane puts an end to this travesty.

Even more funny: What do you suspect the odds are that I care what you and the circle jerk say about me? I'll give you 10-1 that you are way off.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Can you tell me what the charges were? And do they meet the standards for an impeachment?

Yes. As soon as you tell me ONE THING Mayorkas did in 3+ years to address the border crisis.

He spent THREE YEARS telling us the border was secure while millions crossed it. He spent THREE YEARS doing absolutely nothing.

I'll wait... patiently.

You don't have to wait. If what you say is TRUE. and I don't think it is. Him being ineffective at his job is NOT an impeachable offense?

Now,, It is your turn to answer my question. What High Crimes or Misdemeanore did he commit.

Oh, by the way, that was a VERY feeble attempt to deflect.,, as you can see, it was totally ineffective.

Here you go, let me know if you want more...

There are two primary grounds justifying this historic act by Congress. First, Mr. Mayorkas willfully refused to comply with the law, blatantly disregarding numerous provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Though that law contains several detention mandates, Mr. Mayorkas directed the release of millions of inadmissible aliens into the country. He abused the statute allowing for parole on only a case-by-case and temporary basis and oversaw more than 1.7 million paroles. He created categorical parole programs contrary to the statute. In the interior, he directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel not to detain most illegal aliens, including criminals. In his September 2021 enforcement guidance, the secretary directed that unlawful presence in the country was no longer sufficient grounds for removal, and that criminal convictions alone weren’t enough to warrant arrest. This guidance was contrary to the law.

Second, Mr. Mayorkas breached the public trust, both by violating his statutory duty to control the border and by knowingly making false statements to Congress. Under oath, he claimed to have operational control of the border, as defined by the Secure Fence Act, only to say later that he never made such a claim. He even testified that “the border is no less secure than it was previously”—a demonstrable lie. Mr. Mayorkas has also obstructed congressional oversight, forcing the committee to issue two subpoenas for documents, which are still unfulfilled.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-we...utive-branch-can-t-defy-the-law-1dc83d55

Damon? Anything? Just figured I'd bump this post or you'll miss it for two weeks.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Call it bipartisan all you want because there was a weak republican in the room. The deal was still 100% trash that did nothing to address the immediacy of the crisis.

Carry trump’s water, arguing his case, and hating all things dem… and you wonder why we talk about you the way we do.

Lol. "Carrying Trump's water". If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border. It's a dirty, dirty job, but someone has to do it. Hopefully our cities survive until someone sane puts an end to this travesty.

Even more funny: What do you suspect the odds are that I care what you and the circle jerk say about me? I'll give you 10-1 that you are way off.

Maybe I can find a traitor fascist meme for a witty reply…. But I don’t do memes nor reward traitorous bloviating.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/14/24 08:05 PM.

Legend
Legend
You forgot to say Nazi.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I guess my biggest question is how will his impeachment actually help to secure the border?

That's true. Take one ineffective libtard out, and another ineffective libtard will be replace him.

While I suppose your logic could be correct that Mayorkas would be replaced with someone similar, I see it as there wouldn't even be a chance to replace him as it will almost assuredly die in the Senate hearings. Then what? I think I would just prefer that Congress actually try to legislate fixing the issue rather than spend its time focusing on useless pwning that will backfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Donald_Trump (It's a long read wink )

This appears to be a whatabout, however, I do think the first of the impeachments was dumb. The second I thought made sense, in light of J6. I think it would have been smart for Republicans to have looked for a way to keep him out of office. We wouldn't have the drama that we're having right now with all the 2024 nonsense, and I think Haley would probably with the Gen Elec to be honest. It also had more of a chance of success. Most of it boiled down to McConnell agreeing as to the grounds for impeachment, and it being an impeachable offense, just that he was already out of office. I think he whipped the votes on that notion.

Actually, that shows that the effort to impeach, for numerous reasons, were non-stop and started before he even took office.

Sure, it's a whatabout. 80% of every thread is a "whatabout Trump", I figured I would turn the tables. Particularly since you flip the "congress should just concentrate on fixing something" script when they spent an entire administration playing "Let's get Trumpy!"

I mean, didn't Pelosi propose impeaching him over suggestion that Hunter Biden was involved in shady business dealings? I'd like to go back and see if I could find a two week span when there wasn't discussion over impeaching Trump. j/s

I don't think our points are necessarily in conflict, except for maybe the fact Trump deserved to be impeached at least one of those times, ironically per the language McConnell used in his speech that discussed why he did NOT vote for a conviction. I do think we can agree that Congress needs to do more than actually focus on revenge politics. I don't think pointing back to whatever Congress did in the last administration makes my current point any less valid, however.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c...

"Be scared"
"Scared of what?"
"Well, I really can't say, just be scared."
"How scared?"
"Not too scared, just scared enough to vote 'yes'." rofl

Russia’s Advances on Space-Based Nuclear Weapon Draw U.S. Concerns
A congressman’s cryptic statement about new intelligence set Washington abuzz and infuriated White House officials.

And just so I have this straight... The country that was fighting Ukraine with WWII tanks two years ago has now built the Death Star??

Oh boy. 🤣

Legend
Legend
Aaand, more shenanagians from Sleepy Joe as he goes into a FURY of #fauxoutrage for someone bringing up his dead son. Except they didn't, he did, when trying to remember when he died.

Biden attacked Hur for asking him when Beau died. That didn't happen, sources say.

“How in the hell dare he raise that?” Biden told reporters in an impromptu White House press conference. “Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself, it wasn’t any of their damn business.”

But Hur never asked that question, according to two people familiar with Hur’s five-hour interview with the president over two days last October. It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden’s death, they said.

Ooops...
“Why in the hell are you asking that question?” former Attorney General Eric Holder, a Democrat, said Monday on MSNBC, suggesting that Hur was "a rube, perhaps," who had "shaded" what he put in the report. “What does that have to do with the retention of classified documents?”

Ooops...
First lady Jill Biden questioned in a fundraising letter whether Hur was using “our son’s death to score political points.”

O
Legend
Legend
O
You forgot to say Nazi.

Nazi.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Let’s get Trumpy?… You forgot to acknowledge that Trump was in fact a criminal and has now been proven as such.

Legend
Legend
You forgot to say Nazi.

Nazi.

Good dawgie.

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

Legend
Legend

Geez man, the bill was being worked out and OF COURSE langford could say that., Geez.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

Can you tell me what the charges were? And do they meet the standards for an impeachment?

Yes. As soon as you tell me ONE THING Mayorkas did in 3+ years to address the border crisis.

He spent THREE YEARS telling us the border was secure while millions crossed it. He spent THREE YEARS doing absolutely nothing.

I'll wait... patiently.

You don't have to wait. If what you say is TRUE. and I don't think it is. Him being ineffective at his job is NOT an impeachable offense?

Now,, It is your turn to answer my question. What High Crimes or Misdemeanore did he commit.

Oh, by the way, that was a VERY feeble attempt to deflect.,, as you can see, it was totally ineffective.

Here you go, let me know if you want more...

There are two primary grounds justifying this historic act by Congress. First, Mr. Mayorkas willfully refused to comply with the law, blatantly disregarding numerous provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Though that law contains several detention mandates, Mr. Mayorkas directed the release of millions of inadmissible aliens into the country. He abused the statute allowing for parole on only a case-by-case and temporary basis and oversaw more than 1.7 million paroles. He created categorical parole programs contrary to the statute. In the interior, he directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel not to detain most illegal aliens, including criminals. In his September 2021 enforcement guidance, the secretary directed that unlawful presence in the country was no longer sufficient grounds for removal, and that criminal convictions alone weren’t enough to warrant arrest. This guidance was contrary to the law.

Second, Mr. Mayorkas breached the public trust, both by violating his statutory duty to control the border and by knowingly making false statements to Congress. Under oath, he claimed to have operational control of the border, as defined by the Secure Fence Act, only to say later that he never made such a claim. He even testified that “the border is no less secure than it was previously”—a demonstrable lie. Mr. Mayorkas has also obstructed congressional oversight, forcing the committee to issue two subpoenas for documents, which are still unfulfilled.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-we...utive-branch-can-t-defy-the-law-1dc83d55

Damon? Anything? Just figured I'd bump this post or you'll miss it for two weeks.

Knock it off. wow man..., I just read it two minutes ago.., I don't sit on this board 24/7. Apparently unlike you, I HAVE A LIFE.

If you read it, you'll find that neither allegation fits into HIGH CRIMES and MISDEMEANORS.

When you take things out of context, you will miss the boat almost every time.

WHOOPS, you blew it again.

Last edited by Damanshot; 02/15/24 09:37 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P

As much as you would like to make the false claim that "all things dem" is about the border, even you know you're wrong. I know you want that to be the focus. I know you want to make it sound like that's the only thing going on in America. But it's not. Dems want to stay in NATO and keep that alliance strong. Dems want to stop Putin from taking over Ukraine and from him increasing his power and empire leaving him on the doorstep of our allies. There's much more but this is enough to show you that your false claims that "fight all things Dem" is only about the border.

And then of course there's the topic of the GOP "running someone sane". I think that ship has sailed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

But that was the topic, Pit. Just ^ look ^ and read.

Didn't you say to "stay on topic" yesterday?

Or is it just stay on topic until you change the topic?

Can you start each post with something like -- "Topic change:" so whe know what we're supposed to talk about? That way we can fulfill your every whim of what should be discussed. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P

I actually quoted what you posted and addressed what you posted. Your claim was that "If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border."

I'm sorry you find it inconvenient that I called out what YOU POSTED and think it should be ignored. That's a you problem.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The only inconvenience is responding to the never-ending, goalpost moving, chop-up someone's posting, narrative changing, create new argumenting musings of a control freak message board dictator.

But I don't need to, so that's definitely a "me" thing.

"Click, scroll, click, click, buh-bye.... Toggle? nah."

P
Legend
Legend
P
"If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border."

Try again and keep playing the denial game. Not "all things dem" are about the border. Focus.

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
https://wirepoints.org/education-fa...ts-32-schools-wirepoints-special-report/

Not a single child proficient in math in 67 illinois schools. For reading its 32 schools. But they are graduating 70% of them. Wtf are these teachers doing.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
https://wirepoints.org/education-fa...ts-32-schools-wirepoints-special-report/

Not a single child proficient in math in 67 illinois schools. For reading its 32 schools. But they are graduating 70% of them. Wtf are these teachers doing.

In fairness to the teachers they most likely don’t have the ability to not graduate the students. A lot of this is controlled by administrators.

I’m willing to bet the above schools have very little help from the parents. Kids probably are missing a ton of school and when they’re in school they don’t care

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
ALL the students arent in school? I dont think so. These school systems are incompetent. Resulting in incompetant students. Why are Chicago schools so terrible? Other urban areas are not good, but definitely not this bad.

No Craps Given
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
https://mynorthwest.com/3950467/jas...tudents-white-supremacy-reading-writing/

In Seattle students are told its white supremacy to love reading and writing. WTF is wrong with these teachers.

No Craps Given
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

In Seattle students are told its white supremacy to love reading and writing. WTF is wrong with these teachers.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

I sometimes read this trash and wonder if I woke up on a different planet. A once beautiful city has become the armpit of the country.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
One might argue that this is an isolated incident and does not reflect the city as a whole, but I agree the Pacific Northwest (with all due respect to Portland, the poster, who I very much respect) has gone bonkers.

Seattle is a city I have become familiar with due to my job. It’s a very wild juxtaposition of both liberal and conservative decline, and both are evident. On the liberal side, you have stuff like this, and I have seen an issue with homeless populations every time I have gone there.

On the other hand, you have Boeing and all their corruption and malfeasance. I remember going to their facility for work and just seeing the parking lot of grounded 737 MAX jets parked like cars in the Muni Lot. Korry is also a large Transdigm subsidiary out there and they love to bilk the DoD to the tune of ridiculous profits, at the expense of the warfighter.

It sucks because there’s a lot I love about Seattle, but holy crap is it a sign of pan-political decadence.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
No GOPer is pro palestine

Republicans went from sympathizing with Israelis 51 percent to 3 percent to sympathizing with them 55 percent to 4 percent.

https://abcnews.go.com/538/americans-war-israel/story?id=104150059

It seems your one size fits all doesn't apply here.

Ahh, maybe a GOPer is not Pro Palestine, but they sure are Pro Putin... Gotta wonder what Reagan would say about that.

Last edited by Damanshot; 02/16/24 09:30 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
I've been there numerous times over the last 25 years. You can argue all the "isolated event" that you want, I know what I've seen with my own eyes. Crime is unpunished, drug use is all but encouraged, law enforcement's hands are tied. Last time there I felt like I never stopped smelling urine.

As far as the woke curriculum (I can see all the little dawgie ears perk up), I always wonder how many sets of eyeballs that trash has to pass by before it hits a students desk. Are they all too afraid to speak up? They cannot all be that stupid.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I've been there numerous times over the last 25 years. You can argue all the "isolated event" that you want, I know what I've seen with my own eyes. Crime is unpunished, drug use is all but encouraged, law enforcement's hands are tied. Last time there I felt like I never stopped smelling urine.

As far as the woke curriculum (I can see all the little dawgie ears perk up), I always wonder how many sets of eyeballs that trash has to pass by before it hits a students desk. Are they all too afraid to speak up? They cannot all be that stupid.

Progressive policies simply do not work. Calling everything you disagree with racism or systemic racism is crazy.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Progressive policies simply do not work. Calling everything you disagree with racism or systemic racism is crazy.

Some of them could work. I really feel like there's some infantile race to see who can be the "most woke" in many of these cities, and everybody afraid to raise an objection. Most woke gets the gold star and all aspire to reach the same heights.

In the end, they come up with cartoonish resolutions, curricula and policies. They almost all reward bad behavior and absolutely shame (or actually prevent) punishment and enforcement.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Meanwhile slavery was beneficial to slaves.....

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I just want to clarify that I agree with you. I’m not making that argument. I was introducing that point as a general “you” statement and then refuting it.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
For what it is worth-Joe Manchin is not running for president;

He has criticized President Joe Biden for being too liberal but also said that he would refuse to be part of any effort that would help Donald Trump return to the White House.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
For what it is worth-Joe Manchin is not running for president;

He has criticized President Joe Biden for being too liberal but also said that he would refuse to be part of any effort that would help Donald Trump return to the White House.

riding that fence like a rodeo.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
ALL the students arent in school? I dont think so. These school systems are incompetent. Resulting in incompetant students. Why are Chicago schools so terrible? Other urban areas are not good, but definitely not this bad.

Worst ranked state school systems in America including Washington D.C. 41-51

41 Oregon 42.73 41 45
42 South Carolina 42.09 44 30
43 Mississippi 41.00 42 51
44 Nevada 40.14 43 50
45 Alabama 39.16 45 38
46 Louisiana 37.33 46 47
47 Alaska 37.15 47 39
48 West Virginia 37.07 49 22
49 Arizona 37.05 48 40
50 Oklahoma 33.00 50 31
51 New Mexico 25.47 51 42

You were saying?

https://wallethub.com/edu/e/states-with-the-best-schools/5335

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Ok, so a lot of school systems are incompetent and not educating their students. Parents need to start holding them accountable.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree. Yet somehow you chose to ignore the worst school systems in the nation in order to point the finger at and pwn the libs. Glad you came around to the understanding it's not simply some liberal issue.

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
https://katu.com/news/local/portlan...l-discrimination-crisis-in-the-classroom

Portland is disciplining students based on race. Liberal schools are ruining this country.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Portland Public Schools (PPS) introduced its "Student Support, Discipline & Safety" policy in November. Under the policy, behavioral support plans must consider a student's "trauma," "race" and "gender identity/presentation," as well as whether "social emotional learning" and "restorative justice" are appropriate for them.

This would have surprise me just a few years ago. Now, pfft... not even close. Everything's literally inside-out at this point.

I mean think about it, our (p)resident had an investigation thrown out because he's too senile to stand trial, yet he still runs the country.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You just make up BS as you go along don't you? It was found that he did nothing to warrant criminal charges. And it was a trump appointee who investigated him. Better luck next time.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Did I make this up?

Even so, Hur took pains to note the multiple reasons why prosecutors did not believe they could prove a criminal case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Those include Biden’s “limited memory” both during his 2017 recorded conversations with the ghostwriter and in an interview with investigators last year in which, prosecutors say, he could not immediately remember the years in which he served as vice president. Hur said it was possible Biden could have found those records at his Virginia home in 2017 and then forgotten about them soon after.

“Given Mr. Biden’s limited precision and recall during his interviews with his ghostwriter and with our office, jurors may hesitate to place too much evidentiary weight on a single eight-word utterance to his ghostwriter about finding classified documents in Virginia, in the absence of other, more direct evidence,” the report says.

“We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” investigators wrote.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Democrats And What They Have Become Pt 4

Link Copied to Clipboard