DawgTalkers.net
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/lakewood-church-shooter-18662859.php

So, the Lakewood Church shooter is a trans woman with Free Palestine written on the gun. SHAME.
Originally Posted by EveDawg
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/lakewood-church-shooter-18662859.php

So, the Lakewood Church shooter is a trans woman with Free Palestine written on the gun. SHAME.

Not true. She had a sticker on the rifle “Palestine” She was also on the local law authorities radar, mental issues. Ex’s husbands, family is Jewish. And she still managed to get an AR. Pffft.
And probably a Republican.
She's obviously a libtard. No GOPer is pro palestine
No GOPer is pro palestine

Republicans went from sympathizing with Israelis 51 percent to 3 percent to sympathizing with them 55 percent to 4 percent.

https://abcnews.go.com/538/americans-war-israel/story?id=104150059

It seems your one size fits all doesn't apply here.
She's obviously a libtard. No GOPer is pro palestine
Maybe….

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...s-nikki-haley-israel-palestinians-hamas/

A CNN survey released on Sunday found 96 percent of American voters said they sympathize with Israeli people amid the conflict, while 87 percent said the same about Palestinians. Among Republicans, 98 percent said they had sympathy for the Israelis, and 77 percent said the same for Palestinians. But this for another thread.
She believes that every Republican HAS TO THINK just like she does. It's the trumpian way. No room for anyone to believe or think any other way in her mind. That's simply unimaginable.
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Republicans went from sympathizing with Israelis 51 percent to 3 percent to sympathizing with them 55 percent to 4 percent.

Please grow a brain. Or, at least, rub your 2 brain cells harder.

They arent sympathzing does not make them pro hamas.

This anti semetic she male shooter is obviously of your ilk. SHAME
Where is their any confirmation she is "pro Hamas"? the only thing in the source you posted is that "Free Palestine" was on the gun. There is nothing there about Hamas. Your source actually states they do not know and are still looking for the motives to the shooting. Speaking of rubbing your two brain cells together. Speaking of your ilk, you'll invent anything true or not to claim something that has no basis in fact.

Where in your source does it say ANYTHING about this person being "pro Hamas"? Good luck with that.
Pro Hamas, Pro Palestine...potayto potahto. Obviously she was pro violence and willing to kill people for her cause. Thats what your kind does, become martyrs.
she male shooter

Maybe. The authorities haven’t identified the shooter as trans.
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
she male shooter

Maybe. The authorities haven’t identified the shooter as trans.

Yes, they have.
Pro Hamas, Pro Palestine...potayto potahto. Obviously she was pro violence and willing to kill people for her cause. Thats what your kind does, become martyrs.

LOL Pitt the jihadist … that one cracked me up.

So then why are you not counting those 77% of Republicans that have sympathy for Palestinians? You're another one of those crazy people that can't comprehend the difference between Palestinian civilians and Hamas.

My kind stands up for innocent civilians no matter where they are. Your kind is the kind that picks and chooses.
Gotta a link? Because I just watched the police press conf. And I can’t remember the exact words in the effect they are identifying the shooter as female/her nobody mentioned trans.
Gotta a link? Because I just watched the police press conf. And I can’t remember the exact words in the effect they are identifying the shooter as female/her nobody mentioned trans.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lakewood...d-transgender-woman-long-criminal-record

So then why are you not counting those 77% of Republicans that have sympathy for Palestinians? You're another one of those crazy people that can't comprehend the difference between Palestinian civilians and Hamas.

My kind stands up for innocent civilians no matter where they are. Your kind is the kind that picks and chooses.

Bring some receipts on that statement.

Hamas is antisemetic and murders people.
This she male is antisemetic and tried to murder people.

Is the crayon bright enough for you. Or do I need to get the rainbow markers.
Perfect already provided the receipt but I understand you don't really pay attention to things yo don't want to hear so here it is yet again.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...s-nikki-haley-israel-palestinians-hamas/

A CNN survey released on Sunday found 96 percent of American voters said they sympathize with Israeli people amid the conflict, while 87 percent said the same about Palestinians. Among Republicans, 98 percent said they had sympathy for the Israelis, and 77 percent said the same for Palestinians.
That doesnt mean anything. That she male is clearly not a GOPer. To try to insinuate otherwise is moronic at best.
And you better hurry up and take your L because I have things to do.
You're the one who claimed she supported Hamas with zero evidence and now you think someone else should take the L? rofl

Hopefully looking for evidence to back up your BS is on your list of things to do.
If you obtusely dont want to believe she was pro hamas, its actually worse for you because now we can call pro palestinians murderers. Are you happy that your ilk tries to murder innocent churchgoers?
https://www.timesofisrael.com/glory...uilding-at-george-washington-university/

Pro palestinians murder innocents and support the murder of innocents.
rofl

So where is your evidence this person is pro Hamas again?
Its called common sense and I already posted it for you.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/glory...uilding-at-george-washington-university/

Pro palestinians murder innocents and support the murder of innocents.

But keep ignoring the truth.
So only what your version of "common sense" is yet still no evidence to back up your claim. Just as I suspected. The old stand by every con man uses, "You can trust me."
And BTW- the "truth" as you cal it is that the supporters of Israel condone that Israel kill tens of thousands of innocent Palestinian civilians in revenge. But I'm sure you wish to ignore that.
And BTW- the "truth" as you cal it is that the supporters of Israel condone that Israel kill tens of thousands of innocent Palestinian civilians in revenge. But I'm sure you wish to ignore that.

Tsk tsk Changing the subject wont work.

The fact is, Pro Palestinians murder innocents, support the murder of innocents and call for the genocide of Jews. Those are the people you align yourself with. SHAME.
The shame is those who point the finger at those who do the exact same thing they do. That's not changing the subject. That's showing the hypocritical nature of the accuser. You support the slaughter of innocent Palestinians. I support an end to innocent civilians on either side be slaughtered. What happened in Israel when Hamas slaughtered all of those innocent Israeli citizens was an atrocity. No less of an atrocity than Israel slaughtering these innocent Palestinian citizens.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Aw. I see you needed Kleenex for your right wing tears. I've allowed you to dig your rabbit hole deep enough now.

Suspected Lakewood Church shooter Genesse Moreno had criminal history, mental health issues, documents say

The suspect also had a contentious divorce.

The past of Genesse Ivonne Moreno, the suspected Lakewood Church shooter, includes a turbulent marriage, a contentious divorce, allegations of child and spousal abuse, a checkered criminal record and a well-documented history of mental health issues, according to an ABC News review of documents and records.

Moreno is accused of entering the Houston megachurch with her 7-year-old son before opening fire as hundreds of people were taking their pews before a Sunday afternoon service, according to police.

Moreno, 36, has used "multiple aliases," including "Jeffrey Escalante," Christopher Hassig, heading the investigation for the Houston Police Department, told reporters Monday. Although it appears she has gone by "both male and female names" in the past, investigators' interviews and documents connected to her life so far show Moreno "has been identified this entire time as female," Hassig said.

A turbulent marriage flecked by abuse, mental health issues

Moreno was previously married to a man named Enrique Carranza III. It ended in a contentious divorce and bitter custody battle; their divorce was finalized in 2022.

Carranza, in court papers, described a turbulent relationship and separation from a severely "abusive" relationship on Moreno's part. In an affidavit he filed in 2020 related to divorce and custody proceedings, he described Moreno's mental health issues and violence towards him and their son (in a later filing, Moreno herself pushed back, saying it was her husband who had "physically assaulted" her.)

They first met in 2015 while working at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Houston, according to Carranza's affidavit – a "family-friendly American-Italian restaurant," according to the restaurant's website.

"As soon as we married, my wife became abusive," Carranza said in his affidavit, adding she was "a diagnosed schizophrenic, so daily it was a new battle or fight in her realm" and that he let her put him "through hell to appease her delusional thought pattern."

Carranza described being physically battered by his wife, whom he referred to as "Jeffrey." He said she would "hit me with keys" and "cans of beans." He said she "ripped a layer of my eye out once" because of impatience with the "interview process" for his job prospect and that she "also stalked me, getting me fired from jobs."

During a three-week Christmastime visit in 2019 with his estranged wife and their son, Carranza said Moreno "called the cops on me twice and both times she had a gun and my son in her hand," according to his affidavit.

"She is a diagnosed schizophrenic and [Child Protective Services] has told her that she cannot have a gun," he said. "I am afraid of her having my address. She has guns and she brags about it while having my son in the car."

"I strongly believe because of my wife's schizophrenia, she does not have the capacity to discern reality from fiction," Carranza's affidavit said, adding "she is irrational and unstable" and "grabs the baby by his arm to pull him where she is to where his shoulder is out of socket."

He described Moreno as wilfully negligent towards their son: refusing to take him to the doctor and confining him to "one area." He also said she "abuses her meds" and lets their son "stay up all times of the night."

An affidavit from their child's paternal grandmother, Walli Carranza, submitted during the couple's separation fight echoes concerns over "complaints of child abuse and neglect, as well as reckless endangerment."

In January 2020, Moreno "pulled an unlocked and loaded gun from underneath a seat in the car and pointed it at the head" of Carranza, "only hours after a first unlocked and loaded handgun was found" by their then-3-year-old son "in his own diaper bag," according to the ex-mother-in-law's affidavit.

When Carranza attempted to unlock his son from the car seat and remove him from the situation "as planned" with local authorities, Moreno "drove off" with the back door still "open" and their son not in his car seat, the affidavit said. Moreno "was stopped by Texas State Patrol after eluding them on back roads and then refusing to heed lights and sirens. Thus she had placed Samuel in imminent danger."

The mother-in-law's affidavit also suggests that Moreno should not have been able to own a gun, claiming that under an alias, Moreno had been under involuntary psychiatric commitment at least four times. She also claimed Moreno "filed a fraudulent birth certificate" for the child and "refused" to correct it and told hospital staff that the father [Carranza] was "dead" and, alternatively, that he was "homeless" and unknown.

Her son "has been reticent to file the criminal charges against his wife; now his former wife because, as she is not a US citizen," the mother-in-law's affidavit said, and "as she already has had criminal convictions, she would likely be deported if convicted of the 3rd degree felony that stems from filing a fraudulent birth certificate. He told [Houston Police] detectives this is not what he wants for the woman he loved and married and the mother of his child. He wants her to live, he told police, where she can get quality mental healthcare. He doesn’t hate her; he hates her mental illness and her refusal to treat it."

The mother-in-law's affidavit elaborates on the abuse allegedly inflicted by Moreno on her infant son.
The child "was drug exposed by his mother’s intentional use of illegal substances and legal" and "illegal substances were found in [the son's] blood and urine at birth. His mother refused to allow a toxicology screen on her own blood and urine before birth; further jeopardizing her son." The affidavit goes on to say Moreno kept her son "in diapers," even at four years old, saying "'its too messy to have to toilet train him. This is easier,'" dresses him only "in baby clothes" and "she dresses him in [girls'] clothes." The affidavit also alleges that in December 2019, on a Christmas visit, Carranza caught Moreno putting "what appeared to be adult cold medicine" into their son's feeding tube, saying, "'this is the only way I can get him to sleep.'"

A day after Sunday's shooting at Lakewood Church in Houston, Moreno's former mother-in-law posted a lengthy statement on Facebook asking "that this be a wake-up call."

"[M]y daughter-in-law when she was taking medication for schizophrenia was a very sweet and loving woman," Walli Carranza wrote in the Facebook post on Monday. "But mental illness is real illness and when family members seek emergency protections they're not doing so for their own sake but for the sake of the person who is ill..... And to protect her child and society."

In a Dec. 2021 affidavit filed by Moreno under the name "Jeffrey Moreno-Carranza," she told a different story, alleging that she has "personal knowledge" that her estranged husband was "a convicted sex offender" and had "multiple" DWI charges she also alleged that during the marriage "he physically assaulted me on numerous occasions that made me fear for my safety and the safety of my son." Carranza was found guilty by a Florida jury of Failure to Comply with Sex Offender Requirements in March 2023, after having been previously convicted of Attempted Sexual Assault on a Child in Colorado, according to the State Attorney for Florida's Fourth Judicial Circuit and Texas DPS records.

"I have always been the primary caregiver for my son," Moreno said in her 2021 affidavit, and that her husband "has never cared" for him "by himself and furthermore, he is not capable of caring for a child with special needs."

Suspected shooter's criminal history

Moreno was put under an emergency detention order in 2016 by Houston police officers and is believed to have a "mental health history that is documented, through us and through interviews with family members," Hassig said at Monday's briefing.

Moreno had a string of arrests in Texas over the last two decades.

According to ABC affiliate KTRK, Moreno's criminal history dates back to 2005, with the latest case coming during the summer of 2022.

Among her charges are an Aug. 2009 assault, for which she was sentenced to 180 days in Harris County Jail for kicking a detention officer; a May 2010 charge for forgery, for which she was sentenced to two days in Harris County Jail for trying to use a counterfeit $100 bill; a Nov. 2010 charge for theft, for which she was sentenced to 30 days in Harris County Jail for stealing hats and makeup; a Dec. 2010 charge for evading arrest, for which she was sentenced to 75 days in Harris County Jail; and a June 2022 charge for unlawful carrying of a weapon, which is still an active case.

The hunt for a motive

Authorities are now poring over all possible evidence to understand Moreno's motive and intent – from raiding a Montgomery County home under her name and a "dark in color sedan" that is registered to her and parked at the home to forensic analyses of her digital devices, and data and images stored on them, according to a police search warrant affidavit.

The warrant includes approval for police to search for any "ammunition, firearms, explosives, materials used to make explosives, cell phones, computers, and any evidence tending to connect Moreno with the commission of the offense of aggravated assault, possession of prohibited weapons, and/or hoax bomb" that might be found.

Authorities are also investigating a YouTube page called "Genesse Moreno Investor," according to a source briefed on the probe. That page portrays Moreno as involved in real estate investments, posting one video with the description, "We Buy Commercial Residential Multifamily Properties."

Police said Monday the investigation is still "very new" and ongoing, and they're urgently pushing to understand why this person chose to open fire at the megachurch Sunday. That process will "take time," officials said.

"We're in the infancy stages of this. I completely understand. We want to know the motive. How she got the weapon. Why she did this. We're not there yet," Doug Williams, Special Agent in Charge for the FBI's Houston field office, said.

But even in these first 24 hours, authorities have already recovered some "anti-Semitic writings" which they believe might have contributed to Moreno's actions, noting the contentious relationship with her ex-husband and his family.

"We do believe that there was a familial dispute that has taken place between her ex-husband and her ex-husband's family," HPD's Hassig said. "And some of those individuals are of, are Jewish. So we believe that that … might possibly be where all of this stems from."

"There was a sticker on the buttstock of the rifle" that Moreno used at Lakewood, Hassig said. That sticker "simply stated 'Palestine.'"

Moreno's ex-mother-in-law, Walli Carranza, who identifies herself as a rabbi, wrote in a Facebook post on Monday that despite Morreno's apparent antisemitic utterances, "this has nothing to do with Judaism or Islam." Carranza pointed, instead, to Moreno's untreated mental illness and a lack of "strong red flag laws that would have prevented her from having a gun."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected...history-mental-health/story?id=107179259

Shooter at Joel Osteen church bought weapon legally despite history of mental illness

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/13/texas-lakewood-church-shooter-weapon-legal-purchase

What we have here is a clear case of not keeping guns out of the hands of those who are mentally ill.... again. This time it was obvious and clear. The same issue we continue to see in mass shootings across this country. And it seems a certain group of people fight like hell against any reasonable gun control laws to help prevent situations like this from happening.

And instead of discussing the actual issue you try and turn it into a political talking point while ignoring the actual issue. What is it you say? SHAME.
If she’s not a practicing GOPer, she sure has the DNA of one. Crazy as a loon it sounds like.
She got arrested like 6 times. How'd she pass the background test?
I have no idea. I know that universal background checks would help but have no idea if it would have played a part in this situation. In most cases if it's not a felony conviction it doesn't prevent you from buying a firearm. How many times you've been arrested doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure that in Texas unless you've been convicted of domestic violence are have been proven to be chemically dependent, no misdemeanor conviction prevents you from legally purchasing a firearm.

From the mental health aspect it must have been adjudicated that you are mentally ill in order to prohibit you from buying a firearm. So unless a court of law has found you to be mentally ill you can purchase a firearm.
"Just do the math!" rofl

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4466356-republicans-impeach-mayorkas-in-historic-vote/

Mayorkas impeached.
ok, let's stop saying she's a GOPer or Liberal... she was a mentally ill woman that somehow was able to get her hand on guns... that is a tragedy...

early reports said she was transgender, but that has been proven false... she did have Palestine on her gun and apparently may have some resentment towards jews as her ex's family was jewish...

this was a mentally ill woman who should have never been able to purchase a gun... I want to know where the break down was where she was able to get a gun in her hands...

I do want to point out and commend the off duty officer who was able to neutralize the suspect and keep casualties to a minimum... I also feel extremely sorry for the suspects child who needlessly got injured and will likely die due to her mom's poor choices/mental illness.

all this 'she was a GOPer' or "she was a liberal" is unneeded... this wasn't political... this was a sick, mentally ill individual... I want answers on how she was able to get ahold of a gun....
all this 'she was a GOPer' or "she was a liberal" is unneeded... this wasn't political... this was a sick, mentally ill individual... I want answers on how she was able to get ahold of a gun....

+1

Can you tell me what the charges were? And do they meet the standards for an impeachment?
Trumped up and revenge politics.
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Can you tell me what the charges were? And do they meet the standards for an impeachment?

Yes. As soon as you tell me ONE THING Mayorkas did in 3+ years to address the border crisis.

He spent THREE YEARS telling us the border was secure while millions crossed it. He spent THREE YEARS doing absolutely nothing.

I'll wait... patiently.
Originally Posted by FATE

Yes. As soon as you tell me ONE THING Mayorkas did in 3+ years to address the border crisis.

He spent THREE YEARS telling us the border was secure while millions crossed it. He spent THREE YEARS doing absolutely nothing.

I'll wait... patiently.

What’s truly a high crime and misdemeanor, is MAGA republicans bowing to trump and shooting down the bi partisan border bill.
A swing and a miss... at a ball in the dirt.
Maybe. Still proving republicans don’t want to solve the problem either.
Riiiiight.

Because keeping the border open solves the problem.

Strike two.
I'll admit that the border is a topic where I've been more of a reader than a participant, mostly due to my own ignorance on the topic. I did see where the Republicans did vote against the border deal, though. Was that the case, and if so, why?

Honest questions. From my research, everything looks obfuscated depending on the news sources.

I'll wait... patiently.

You don't have to wait. If what you say is TRUE. and I don't think it is. Him being ineffective at his job is NOT an impeachable offense?

Now,, It is your turn to answer my question. What High Crimes or Misdemeanore did he commit.

Oh, by the way, that was a VERY feeble attempt to deflect.,, as you can see, it was totally ineffective.
I think pretty much everyone has been ineffective when it comes to the border. You name it, whoever, has been ineffective. Dems, Republicans, Mayorkas, all of Congress, Biden, Trump, whoever.

This impeachment reeks of the House going for political points because I highly doubt anything comes out of it in the end. I think I'm more curious as to why Congress can't pass legislation to actually do something proactive, for once. I'm actually not even sure, has this Congress passed any meaningful legislation during this term? It appears Revenge Politics has been priority number one for several Congressional terms now.

Does not matter much at all, the Senate will not vote to remove.

Which has nothing to do with high crimes or misdemeanors. Can you name the actual charge that amounts to an impeachable offense? Please try to stay on topic.
Please try to stay on topic.

Oh [censored], that's literally the funniest thing that's been posted in weeks! rofl

I'll wait... patiently.

You don't have to wait. If what you say is TRUE. and I don't think it is. Him being ineffective at his job is NOT an impeachable offense?

Now,, It is your turn to answer my question. What High Crimes or Misdemeanore did he commit.

Oh, by the way, that was a VERY feeble attempt to deflect.,, as you can see, it was totally ineffective.

Here you go, let me know if you want more...

There are two primary grounds justifying this historic act by Congress. First, Mr. Mayorkas willfully refused to comply with the law, blatantly disregarding numerous provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Though that law contains several detention mandates, Mr. Mayorkas directed the release of millions of inadmissible aliens into the country. He abused the statute allowing for parole on only a case-by-case and temporary basis and oversaw more than 1.7 million paroles. He created categorical parole programs contrary to the statute. In the interior, he directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel not to detain most illegal aliens, including criminals. In his September 2021 enforcement guidance, the secretary directed that unlawful presence in the country was no longer sufficient grounds for removal, and that criminal convictions alone weren’t enough to warrant arrest. This guidance was contrary to the law.

Second, Mr. Mayorkas breached the public trust, both by violating his statutory duty to control the border and by knowingly making false statements to Congress. Under oath, he claimed to have operational control of the border, as defined by the Secure Fence Act, only to say later that he never made such a claim. He even testified that “the border is no less secure than it was previously”—a demonstrable lie. Mr. Mayorkas has also obstructed congressional oversight, forcing the committee to issue two subpoenas for documents, which are still unfulfilled.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-we...utive-branch-can-t-defy-the-law-1dc83d55
I guess my biggest question is how will his impeachment actually help to secure the border?
Please try to stay on topic.

Oh [censored], that's literally the funniest thing that's been posted in weeks! rofl

So you enjoy doing what you say is so horrible when other people do it and that some how makes it acceptable for you to do? Got it.

Let's try again. What is it Mayorkas has actually done that rises to the threshold required for impeachment. ie... High crimes or misdemeanors.
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I guess my biggest question is how will his impeachment actually help to secure the border?

It won't. It's just another example of how 2024 will go. It's another sign that owning the libs is their primary goal. I call it "Election 2024. Electile Dysfunction."

That's true. Take one ineffective libtard out, and another ineffective libtard will be replace him.
At least you won't be replacing him. That's a win/win for everyone.

Asinine useless GOPers. willynilly catfight notallthere saywhat

Just like EVERYTHING GOPers DO, it won’t fix anything; just making ish worse is the GOPer way.

That's true. Take one ineffective libtard out, and another ineffective libtard will be replace him.

While I suppose your logic could be correct that Mayorkas would be replaced with someone similar, I see it as there wouldn't even be a chance to replace him as it will almost assuredly die in the Senate hearings. Then what? I think I would just prefer that Congress actually try to legislate fixing the issue rather than spend its time focusing on useless pwning that will backfire.
BTW, Cuckoo Dems keep stacking W’s in the era of Trump. Thinking about the current trends, if Trump hangs around controlling the right but out of office for the next 4-8 years, dems could hold 75% or more of all elected positions. That would be damn near utopic, finally silencing MAGA GOPer ish for the long haul.
I'll admit that the border is a topic where I've been more of a reader than a participant, mostly due to my own ignorance on the topic. I did see where the Republicans did vote against the border deal, though. Was that the case, and if so, why?

Honest questions. From my research, everything looks obfuscated depending on the news sources.

Yes. They turned it down because it could be best described as farcical. It kept the border open to 5000 people per day under the premise that they would build an infrastructure to process them faster... and even that sham of a solution that is in no way a solution... could have been better conceived by a bumblebee.

The Independent involved wrote the whole thing. When questioned on how they would possibly process 5000 people per day her response was (not verbatim) "Well, right now we only have 30 beds. Our plan is to build a facility with 50 more beds." saywhat

So lets do the math, right now there are so many people crossing that you can't process anybody. But with 80 beds instead of 30, you will be able to process all of them.

We should just send these geniuses to every flood... with a teaspoon and a five-gallon bucket.

While I suppose your logic could be correct that Mayorkas would be replaced with someone similar, I see it as there wouldn't even be a chance to replace him as it will almost assuredly die in the Senate hearings. Then what? I think I would just prefer that Congress actually try to legislate fixing the issue rather than spend its time focusing on useless pwning that will backfire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Donald_Trump (It's a long read wink )
GOP talking point to a T. Both republicans and Democrats came to a sound, bi partisan bill. We can't have that. You still don't believe what Lankford said about the bill do you?
The three main negotiators on the Senate bill — Republican Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma, Independent Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona and Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut — have all pushed back on criticism of the bill. They emphasize that it would keep more people out instead of allowing more people to come in — and that migrants would not be able to apply for asylum at all if illegal border crossings reach certain numbers.

The policy is similar to one first used by Trump. Known as Title 42, it justified the quick expulsion of migrants from the country in the name of stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Lankford has repeatedly emphasized that the emergency authority “is not designed to let 5,000 people in, it is designed to close the border and turn 5,000 people around.”

After meeting with Republicans in the Capitol Monday evening, Lankford told reporters that people understand it once he explains it, “but it’s been said wrong so many times that people immediately just go back to, ‘this lets 5,000 people in a day,’ which is just factually wrong, but if you say it enough, it just sounds true.”

After meeting with Republicans in the Capitol Monday evening, Lankford told reporters that people understand it once he explains it, “but it’s been said wrong so many times that people immediately just go back to, ‘this lets 5,000 people in a day,’ which is just factually wrong, but if you say it enough, it just sounds true.”

At the same time, Lankford signaled openness to tweaking the bill as Republicans have lined up against it.

Sinema noted that many of those people are now released into the country under current law. “We are giving tools to this administration and future administrations to actually gain control of the border,” she said.

Murphy posted on X: “This line of attack (the bill “accepts 5,000 illegal immigrants a day”) is just made up bad faith nonsense.”

https://apnews.com/article/border-b...-senate-189ee196093a0dbfb1d522e2d552e31a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efforts_to_impeach_Donald_Trump (It's a long read wink )

Trump is a criminal. He should have been impeached AND REMOVED. Any patriot can see he’s a traitor, as well. It’s not a sound argument nor comparison.
Actually I believe exactly what he said about it... in December.

Sen. Lankford: WH Isn't Offering Enough on Border Deal

Funny how none of that language changed but it suddenly became a good bill.

Things that make you go "hmmm".

Call it bipartisan all you want because there was a weak republican in the room. The deal was still 100% trash that did nothing to address the immediacy of the crisis.
So you mean while the negotiations were still ongoing and it wasn't finalized? The deal wasn't finalized until Feb. 4th. So you believe what he said about the bill in December before it was finalized but not what he said about it after it was finalized. That I believe.
Aaaand, straight over your head.

Here's my surprised look: 🫨
Yet you actually have no idea of what did or didn't change in the negotiations from December until February 4th. If everything had been worked out in December the negotiations would have ended then. Speaking of straight over your head.
Yes I do. I CAN READ.

The article stated the problem and the language of the bill showed that problem was not resolved.

You either:

Did not read even one paragraph of the article.
Have no capability of reading comprehension.
This is all it says about that....

Meanwhile, House Speaker Mike Johnson has been saying that the House will not pass a supplemental package that doesn't include HR 2, the Republican-passed bill that makes changes to immigration law by imposing limits on asylum eligibility while requiring employers to verify employment eligibility for new workers.

That has nothing to do with anything Lankford said and in no way says provisions weren't changed from December until February. The same man and his cronies Lankford has explained have been mirespresenting what's contained in this bill all along is still who you have decided to listen to.

This appears to be a whatabout, however, I do think the first of the impeachments was dumb. The second I thought made sense, in light of J6. I think it would have been smart for Republicans to have looked for a way to keep him out of office. We wouldn't have the drama that we're having right now with all the 2024 nonsense, and I think Haley would probably with the Gen Elec to be honest. It also had more of a chance of success. Most of it boiled down to McConnell agreeing as to the grounds for impeachment, and it being an impeachable offense, just that he was already out of office. I think he whipped the votes on that notion.

This appears to be a whatabout, however, I do think the first of the impeachments was dumb. The second I thought made sense, in light of J6. I think it would have been smart for Republicans to have looked for a way to keep him out of office. We wouldn't have the drama that we're having right now with all the 2024 nonsense, and I think Haley would probably with the Gen Elec to be honest. It also had more of a chance of success. Most of it boiled down to McConnell agreeing as to the grounds for impeachment, and it being an impeachable offense, just that he was already out of office. I think he whipped the votes on that notion.

Actually, that shows that the effort to impeach, for numerous reasons, were non-stop and started before he even took office.

Sure, it's a whatabout. 80% of every thread is a "whatabout Trump", I figured I would turn the tables. Particularly since you flip the "congress should just concentrate on fixing something" script when they spent an entire administration playing "Let's get Trumpy!"

I mean, didn't Pelosi propose impeaching him over suggestion that Hunter Biden was involved in shady business dealings? I'd like to go back and see if I could find a two week span when there wasn't discussion over impeaching Trump. j/s
But now that's it's actually been left in the hands of the court system like it is for the rest of us mere mortals you would think people may understand why. But I guess not.
rofl

Good answer. thumbsup
It should be. A proven perpetual liar facing 91 counts should make it obvious he was crooked before he was president, while he was president and since leaving the presidency. But the "They've always been out to get him" crowd can't seem to see it.

Call it bipartisan all you want because there was a weak republican in the room. The deal was still 100% trash that did nothing to address the immediacy of the crisis.

Carry trump’s water, arguing his case, and hating all things dem… and you wonder why we talk about you the way we do.
It should be. A proven perpetual liar facing 91 counts should make it obvious he was crooked before he was president, while he was president and since leaving the presidency. But the "They've always been out to get him" crowd can't seem to see it.

They are impervious to facts and logical base reasoning. And if they were to accept reality, their faux news world would implode upon itself. They are lost.
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Carry trump’s water, arguing his case, and hating all things dem… and you wonder why we talk about you the way we do.

Lol. "Carrying Trump's water". If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border. It's a dirty, dirty job, but someone has to do it. Hopefully our cities survive until someone sane puts an end to this travesty.

Even more funny: What do you suspect the odds are that I care what you and the circle jerk say about me? I'll give you 10-1 that you are way off.

I'll wait... patiently.

There are two primary grounds justifying this historic act by Congress. First, Mr. Mayorkas willfully refused to comply with the law, blatantly disregarding numerous provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Though that law contains several detention mandates, Mr. Mayorkas directed the release of millions of inadmissible aliens into the country. He abused the statute allowing for parole on only a case-by-case and temporary basis and oversaw more than 1.7 million paroles. He created categorical parole programs contrary to the statute. In the interior, he directed Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel not to detain most illegal aliens, including criminals. In his September 2021 enforcement guidance, the secretary directed that unlawful presence in the country was no longer sufficient grounds for removal, and that criminal convictions alone weren’t enough to warrant arrest. This guidance was contrary to the law.

Second, Mr. Mayorkas breached the public trust, both by violating his statutory duty to control the border and by knowingly making false statements to Congress. Under oath, he claimed to have operational control of the border, as defined by the Secure Fence Act, only to say later that he never made such a claim. He even testified that “the border is no less secure than it was previously”—a demonstrable lie. Mr. Mayorkas has also obstructed congressional oversight, forcing the committee to issue two subpoenas for documents, which are still unfulfilled.

Damon? Anything? Just figured I'd bump this post or you'll miss it for two weeks.

Lol. "Carrying Trump's water". If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border. It's a dirty, dirty job, but someone has to do it. Hopefully our cities survive until someone sane puts an end to this travesty.

Even more funny: What do you suspect the odds are that I care what you and the circle jerk say about me? I'll give you 10-1 that you are way off.

Maybe I can find a traitor fascist meme for a witty reply…. But I don’t do memes nor reward traitorous bloviating.
You forgot to say Nazi.

Actually, that shows that the effort to impeach, for numerous reasons, were non-stop and started before he even took office.

Sure, it's a whatabout. 80% of every thread is a "whatabout Trump", I figured I would turn the tables. Particularly since you flip the "congress should just concentrate on fixing something" script when they spent an entire administration playing "Let's get Trumpy!"

I mean, didn't Pelosi propose impeaching him over suggestion that Hunter Biden was involved in shady business dealings? I'd like to go back and see if I could find a two week span when there wasn't discussion over impeaching Trump. j/s

I don't think our points are necessarily in conflict, except for maybe the fact Trump deserved to be impeached at least one of those times, ironically per the language McConnell used in his speech that discussed why he did NOT vote for a conviction. I do think we can agree that Congress needs to do more than actually focus on revenge politics. I don't think pointing back to whatever Congress did in the last administration makes my current point any less valid, however.
j/c...

"Be scared"
"Scared of what?"
"Well, I really can't say, just be scared."
"How scared?"
"Not too scared, just scared enough to vote 'yes'." rofl

Russia’s Advances on Space-Based Nuclear Weapon Draw U.S. Concerns
A congressman’s cryptic statement about new intelligence set Washington abuzz and infuriated White House officials.

And just so I have this straight... The country that was fighting Ukraine with WWII tanks two years ago has now built the Death Star??

Oh boy. 🤣
Aaand, more shenanagians from Sleepy Joe as he goes into a FURY of #fauxoutrage for someone bringing up his dead son. Except they didn't, he did, when trying to remember when he died.

Biden attacked Hur for asking him when Beau died. That didn't happen, sources say.

“How in the hell dare he raise that?” Biden told reporters in an impromptu White House press conference. “Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself, it wasn’t any of their damn business.”

But Hur never asked that question, according to two people familiar with Hur’s five-hour interview with the president over two days last October. It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden’s death, they said.

Ooops...
“Why in the hell are you asking that question?” former Attorney General Eric Holder, a Democrat, said Monday on MSNBC, suggesting that Hur was "a rube, perhaps," who had "shaded" what he put in the report. “What does that have to do with the retention of classified documents?”

Ooops...
First lady Jill Biden questioned in a fundraising letter whether Hur was using “our son’s death to score political points.”
You forgot to say Nazi.

Nazi.
Let’s get Trumpy?… You forgot to acknowledge that Trump was in fact a criminal and has now been proven as such.
You forgot to say Nazi.

Nazi.

Good dawgie.

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

Geez man, the bill was being worked out and OF COURSE langford could say that., Geez.

I'll wait... patiently.

Damon? Anything? Just figured I'd bump this post or you'll miss it for two weeks.

Knock it off. wow man..., I just read it two minutes ago.., I don't sit on this board 24/7. Apparently unlike you, I HAVE A LIFE.

If you read it, you'll find that neither allegation fits into HIGH CRIMES and MISDEMEANORS.

When you take things out of context, you will miss the boat almost every time.

WHOOPS, you blew it again.

As much as you would like to make the false claim that "all things dem" is about the border, even you know you're wrong. I know you want that to be the focus. I know you want to make it sound like that's the only thing going on in America. But it's not. Dems want to stay in NATO and keep that alliance strong. Dems want to stop Putin from taking over Ukraine and from him increasing his power and empire leaving him on the doorstep of our allies. There's much more but this is enough to show you that your false claims that "fight all things Dem" is only about the border.

And then of course there's the topic of the GOP "running someone sane". I think that ship has sailed.

But that was the topic, Pit. Just ^ look ^ and read.

Didn't you say to "stay on topic" yesterday?

Or is it just stay on topic until you change the topic?

Can you start each post with something like -- "Topic change:" so whe know what we're supposed to talk about? That way we can fulfill your every whim of what should be discussed. thumbsup

I actually quoted what you posted and addressed what you posted. Your claim was that "If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border."

I'm sorry you find it inconvenient that I called out what YOU POSTED and think it should be ignored. That's a you problem.
The only inconvenience is responding to the never-ending, goalpost moving, chop-up someone's posting, narrative changing, create new argumenting musings of a control freak message board dictator.

But I don't need to, so that's definitely a "me" thing.

"Click, scroll, click, click, buh-bye.... Toggle? nah."
"If I, and others of sane mind, don't "fight all things dem", we'll have another 10 million illegals crossing the border."

Try again and keep playing the denial game. Not "all things dem" are about the border. Focus.
https://wirepoints.org/education-fa...ts-32-schools-wirepoints-special-report/

Not a single child proficient in math in 67 illinois schools. For reading its 32 schools. But they are graduating 70% of them. Wtf are these teachers doing.
https://wirepoints.org/education-fa...ts-32-schools-wirepoints-special-report/

Not a single child proficient in math in 67 illinois schools. For reading its 32 schools. But they are graduating 70% of them. Wtf are these teachers doing.

In fairness to the teachers they most likely don’t have the ability to not graduate the students. A lot of this is controlled by administrators.

I’m willing to bet the above schools have very little help from the parents. Kids probably are missing a ton of school and when they’re in school they don’t care
ALL the students arent in school? I dont think so. These school systems are incompetent. Resulting in incompetant students. Why are Chicago schools so terrible? Other urban areas are not good, but definitely not this bad.
https://mynorthwest.com/3950467/jas...tudents-white-supremacy-reading-writing/

In Seattle students are told its white supremacy to love reading and writing. WTF is wrong with these teachers.

In Seattle students are told its white supremacy to love reading and writing. WTF is wrong with these teachers.

I sometimes read this trash and wonder if I woke up on a different planet. A once beautiful city has become the armpit of the country.
One might argue that this is an isolated incident and does not reflect the city as a whole, but I agree the Pacific Northwest (with all due respect to Portland, the poster, who I very much respect) has gone bonkers.

Seattle is a city I have become familiar with due to my job. It’s a very wild juxtaposition of both liberal and conservative decline, and both are evident. On the liberal side, you have stuff like this, and I have seen an issue with homeless populations every time I have gone there.

On the other hand, you have Boeing and all their corruption and malfeasance. I remember going to their facility for work and just seeing the parking lot of grounded 737 MAX jets parked like cars in the Muni Lot. Korry is also a large Transdigm subsidiary out there and they love to bilk the DoD to the tune of ridiculous profits, at the expense of the warfighter.

It sucks because there’s a lot I love about Seattle, but holy crap is it a sign of pan-political decadence.

Ahh, maybe a GOPer is not Pro Palestine, but they sure are Pro Putin... Gotta wonder what Reagan would say about that.
I've been there numerous times over the last 25 years. You can argue all the "isolated event" that you want, I know what I've seen with my own eyes. Crime is unpunished, drug use is all but encouraged, law enforcement's hands are tied. Last time there I felt like I never stopped smelling urine.

As far as the woke curriculum (I can see all the little dawgie ears perk up), I always wonder how many sets of eyeballs that trash has to pass by before it hits a students desk. Are they all too afraid to speak up? They cannot all be that stupid.
I've been there numerous times over the last 25 years. You can argue all the "isolated event" that you want, I know what I've seen with my own eyes. Crime is unpunished, drug use is all but encouraged, law enforcement's hands are tied. Last time there I felt like I never stopped smelling urine.

As far as the woke curriculum (I can see all the little dawgie ears perk up), I always wonder how many sets of eyeballs that trash has to pass by before it hits a students desk. Are they all too afraid to speak up? They cannot all be that stupid.

Progressive policies simply do not work. Calling everything you disagree with racism or systemic racism is crazy.
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Progressive policies simply do not work. Calling everything you disagree with racism or systemic racism is crazy.

Some of them could work. I really feel like there's some infantile race to see who can be the "most woke" in many of these cities, and everybody afraid to raise an objection. Most woke gets the gold star and all aspire to reach the same heights.

In the end, they come up with cartoonish resolutions, curricula and policies. They almost all reward bad behavior and absolutely shame (or actually prevent) punishment and enforcement.
Meanwhile slavery was beneficial to slaves.....

I just want to clarify that I agree with you. I’m not making that argument. I was introducing that point as a general “you” statement and then refuting it.
For what it is worth-Joe Manchin is not running for president;

He has criticized President Joe Biden for being too liberal but also said that he would refuse to be part of any effort that would help Donald Trump return to the White House.
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
For what it is worth-Joe Manchin is not running for president;

He has criticized President Joe Biden for being too liberal but also said that he would refuse to be part of any effort that would help Donald Trump return to the White House.

riding that fence like a rodeo.
ALL the students arent in school? I dont think so. These school systems are incompetent. Resulting in incompetant students. Why are Chicago schools so terrible? Other urban areas are not good, but definitely not this bad.

Worst ranked state school systems in America including Washington D.C. 41-51

41 Oregon 42.73 41 45
42 South Carolina 42.09 44 30
43 Mississippi 41.00 42 51
44 Nevada 40.14 43 50
45 Alabama 39.16 45 38
46 Louisiana 37.33 46 47
47 Alaska 37.15 47 39
48 West Virginia 37.07 49 22
49 Arizona 37.05 48 40
50 Oklahoma 33.00 50 31
51 New Mexico 25.47 51 42

You were saying?

https://wallethub.com/edu/e/states-with-the-best-schools/5335
Ok, so a lot of school systems are incompetent and not educating their students. Parents need to start holding them accountable.
I agree. Yet somehow you chose to ignore the worst school systems in the nation in order to point the finger at and pwn the libs. Glad you came around to the understanding it's not simply some liberal issue.
https://katu.com/news/local/portlan...l-discrimination-crisis-in-the-classroom

Portland is disciplining students based on race. Liberal schools are ruining this country.
Portland Public Schools (PPS) introduced its "Student Support, Discipline & Safety" policy in November. Under the policy, behavioral support plans must consider a student's "trauma," "race" and "gender identity/presentation," as well as whether "social emotional learning" and "restorative justice" are appropriate for them.

This would have surprise me just a few years ago. Now, pfft... not even close. Everything's literally inside-out at this point.

I mean think about it, our (p)resident had an investigation thrown out because he's too senile to stand trial, yet he still runs the country.
You just make up BS as you go along don't you? It was found that he did nothing to warrant criminal charges. And it was a trump appointee who investigated him. Better luck next time.
Did I make this up?

Even so, Hur took pains to note the multiple reasons why prosecutors did not believe they could prove a criminal case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Those include Biden’s “limited memory” both during his 2017 recorded conversations with the ghostwriter and in an interview with investigators last year in which, prosecutors say, he could not immediately remember the years in which he served as vice president. Hur said it was possible Biden could have found those records at his Virginia home in 2017 and then forgotten about them soon after.

“Given Mr. Biden’s limited precision and recall during his interviews with his ghostwriter and with our office, jurors may hesitate to place too much evidentiary weight on a single eight-word utterance to his ghostwriter about finding classified documents in Virginia, in the absence of other, more direct evidence,” the report says.

“We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” investigators wrote.
Did I make this up?

Even so, Hur took pains to note the multiple reasons why prosecutors did not believe they could prove a criminal case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Those include Biden’s “limited memory” both during his 2017 recorded conversations with the ghostwriter and in an interview with investigators last year in which, prosecutors say, he could not immediately remember the years in which he served as vice president. Hur said it was possible Biden could have found those records at his Virginia home in 2017 and then forgotten about them soon after.

“Given Mr. Biden’s limited precision and recall during his interviews with his ghostwriter and with our office, jurors may hesitate to place too much evidentiary weight on a single eight-word utterance to his ghostwriter about finding classified documents in Virginia, in the absence of other, more direct evidence,” the report says.

“We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” investigators wrote.

Bottom line, they didn't go after him because they couldn't prove he did something wrong willfully.

And while Hur says those things about Biden, every foreign leader that speaks on the record about him says the exact opposite.. Where did Hur get his medical training? You believe Hur because you want to, not because he can verify this comments.

What do they call that,, OH yeah, Confirmation Bias
Hur needs medical training to explain why Biden is senile?

Does the Hamburgler need a PhD to explain why America is fat??
Hur needs medical training to explain why Biden is senile?

Does the Hamburgler need a PhD to explain why America is fat??

Yes he does if he's going to put it into a report.
He needs a medical degree to relay that someone can't remember anything just about as much as you need journalist credentials to post on DT. This is just the only angle you can find to fake your outrage.
Ok, so a lot of school systems are incompetent and not educating their students. Parents need to start holding them accountable.

50% plus of parents, especially in RED STATES, are too uneducated to control their kids education on a granular level. Leave it to the professionals and let the kids learn EVErYTHING they can.

Letting subpar educated lowbrow parents be involved after politicians get them whipped up is the stupidest ish I’ve ever seen. This is why idiots are banning books and it’s a national embarrassment. Republicans are just mad about kids getting facts and deciding FASCISM is not their bag and they are DEMS. And Billy Bob Redneck is worried a trans kid will make his boy gay… Got news for you Billy, he was born gay and will be what he is no matter your beliefs or desires. Maybe you can torture the gay out of him with your cult pals…

50% plus of parents, especially in RED STATES, are too uneducated to control their kids education on a granular level. Leave it to the professionals and let the kids learn EVErYTHING they can.

Letting subpar educated lowbrow parents be involved after politicians get them whipped up is the stupidest ish I’ve ever seen. This is why idiots are banning books and it’s a national embarrassment. Republicans are just mad about kids getting facts and deciding FASCISM is not their bag and they are DEMS. And Billy Bob Redneck is worried a trans kid will make his boy gay… Got news for you Billy, he was born gay and will be what he is no matter your beliefs or desires. Maybe you can torture the gay out of him with your cult pals…

Sounds like more hate. It's a pattern!
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Sounds like more hate. It's a pattern!

Look at that, another GOPer snowflake.
So you mean they couldn't convict him because he wouldn't confess to something he didn't do? Since when does the accused have to testify in order to have the evidence to convict him? You've really bought into this BS haven't you? It's very, VERY rare when the accused testifies. Oh and it's a shame that "Biden is a nice guy. We could never get a conviction on someone who seems to be a nice guy."

Do you have any idea just how moronic that sounds?

A prosecutor either has enough evidence or not. This guy does not. It's not Biden's fault there is no there there.
Dude with beard who says he's a chick plays bully-ball throwing players to the floor.

#equity

Team forfeits after girls basketball player hurt in play with male who identifies as female
Another one of those, "Did you see what some random guy did" posts.
gemini.google.com is google's AI. It is racist against white people. Ask it to tell you about the achievements of white people and it refuses. Ask the same question about black people and it gives you a list. SHAME

https://gemini.google.com/app
ChatGPT has similar 'safeguards'... don't ask it anything about muslims or it's bunghole will pucker in a hurry.

It's just trying to save us from ourselves, Eve. While telling the rest of the world it's open season.
I had to argue with it to get it to show me any white people, and then it also included black people
Then I told it to show me a list with only white people and it flat refused.
No surprise. ChatGPT will go full "two Jews walk into a bar" when you ask for a joke. Ask for a Muslim joke? A notice, a disclaimer, a smack on the wrist and a shame-game history lesson about how people are sensitive about religion.

I'll have to try the Black/White game and see what it spits out.
Eve and FATE needs to explain to me why white people keep creating things that are racist toward other white people, as if it's black people's fault AI is racist.
Right! But you can’t splain that crap away.
The answer is simple. White people must be racists. But then people have tried to explain that to them for decades. At least they're starting to figure it out.
Three Amigos chime in and none of them make sense.

Who said is was Black people's fault??
I just said it was white people's fault. I'm glad you started to figure it out.
Lol. You're actually being serious? I thought that was sarcasm.

So what makes you racist, Pit? Anything on the checklist or are you just a disclaimer racist as well?
ChatGPT has similar 'safeguards'... don't ask it anything about muslims or it's bunghole will pucker in a hurry.

It's just trying to save us from ourselves, Eve. While telling the rest of the world it's open season.

can you explain to us why white people keep creating technology that makes it open season again other white people?
I was raised not to be. My dad taught me a valuable lesson many obviously didn't learn.......

"Rich people love to keep the poor divided because they know they're outnumbered. So if they can keep us divided by race we'll never have the power to change anything. But if we come together as one we can change everything. We have far more in common than we have differences. We are both fighting to feed our families. To own a home and live the American dream. Don't be sucked into their game."

They're still doing it and it's still working. The truth about race in America is something a lot of households hide, don't talk about or refuse to discuss the history of. Hell, Florida has climbed down the rabbit hole so far they've made it law to teach its children slaves actually benefited from slavery. I fight against that. My family came from the mountains of Kentucky. Impoverished and struggling to survive. My dad left those mountains when he was a very young man and made good for himself and his family. He remembered what poverty was like. I didn't have to live that way but he never let me forget from where he came.

That was a pretty good starting point to learn how not to be racist.

And yeah, I was being sarcastic earlier.
Mainly because white libtards are mental cases. I mean, have you read OCD's posts?
Yes and I read yours too. Neither side has a monopoly on mental cases.
Originally Posted by Swish

can you explain to us why white people keep creating technology that makes it open season again other white people?

Let me answer for ‘em. No.
Libs poop their pants when you expose their #fakenews.

Roland Fryer ended up under police protection, having an armed guard escort him to go buy diapers for his newborn. And then, ultimately, was suspended and had his academic privileges revoked from Harvard by... guess who??
Claudine Gay!

You found one more!
I have found that most people with strong and often times unfounded beliefs will proverbially defecate themselves when presented with facts that they don't like. You see it across the political spectrum and it gets worse the more extreme the beliefs get. I've seen it recently on the Right in the Putin/Biden thread, I saw it from the Left in the Democrats thread when discussing their partial culpability in the 2016 election with the DNC. Strong recoils. Very strong. I know I have been guilty of it myself. There's psychology I have read on it before that introducing contrary notions triggers fight-or-flight. It's natural. I just try to do my best - often failing - to be conscious of that trigger and to work through it.

I find that the times I get most triggered - as seen recently - are when I feel like I am in that man's situation where there is a set of facts and you have people who try to dispel it or make up falsehoods to try and disprove you. That being said, I have never gone to the point of putting years of research together to prove a theorem and dealt with the situation as he - and I am sure others have. When it comes to the Carlson/Ukraine stuff, given what I do and the things I know to be true, and the things I know to be false, drive a lot of passion when I encounter the same "stupidity resistance" that Dr. Fryer did.

All that being said, I do think people like Claudine Gay, and some of the other Ivy League Presidents have tarnished higher education, which I already think has been tarnished through the tuition bubble, false promises, and a sense of holier than though. I do think higher education needs a big reset across the board. The value ($$) isn't there and the values (principles) are also not there. I think higher education has become too much about pontification from those who have never done. It was that way in law school.

I remember during my second year at Toledo Law, Antonin Scalia came to our school to visit. I was VP of the Student Bar Association at the time, so I had a chance to shake hands with him briefly and talk about his time spent in Cleveland working for Jones Day. Personally, he was a nice guy and very cordial and jovial with everyone. I could see how he could disagree with RBG, but also remained the best of friends with her. When it came time for a Q&A with him, you saw the daggers come out. A lot of Ivy League law professors, who had never practiced, were going to put him on the proverbial stand and try to take him down. He unceremoniously destroyed every single one of them. It was a massacre. This isn't to defend his viewpoints or anything per se (I'm sure RBG could have done the same in reverse), but it just demonstrates the decadence of higher education vs "those that do." That was back in 2007 and I think it has only gotten worse since then.

I do think higher education is slanted for the most part. My favorite professors were the ones that could always argue the other side to a T. They were the best. They really made you think. You would see groupthink in a class start to attack people that came up with opposing views, and the professor would basically reset the room back to equilibrium by arguing with the groupthink, no matter where it came from. I've always tried (and failed I'm sure) to emulate that. I do wish education and politics would get back to that, though. Facts drive results and beliefs vs the other way around.
Google’s ‘Woke’ Image Generator Shows the Limitations of AI

Google has admitted that its Gemini AI model “missed the mark” after a flurry of criticism about what many perceived as “anti-white bias.” Numerous users reported that the system was producing images of people of diverse ethnicities and genders even when it was historically inaccurate to do so. The company said Thursday it would “pause” the ability to generate images of people until it could roll out a fix.

When prompted to create an image of Vikings, Gemini showed exclusively Black people in traditional Viking garb. A “founding fathers” request returned Indigenous people in colonial outfits; another result depicted George Washington as Black. When asked to produce an image of a pope, the system showed only people of ethnicities other than white. In some cases, Gemini said it could not produce any image at all of historical figures like Abraham Lincoln, Julius Caesar, and Galileo.

Many right-wing commentators have jumped on the issue to suggest this is further evidence of an anti-white bias among Big Tech, with entrepreneur Mike Solana writing that “Google’s AI is an anti-white lunatic.”

Entire article here:
https://www.wired.com/story/google-gemini-woke-ai-image-generation/
Its still broken. It is severely racist against white people. There must be some reason google screwed up this so badly. I did not previously consider google ultraprogressive.
They are training it to be sneaky.

If you open a window and ask it if white people exist, it basically says no. Then if you ask if black people exist, it says based on its previous answer it says no.

However, if you open a window and ask if black people exist it says yes of course.
The other day, I saw on ESPN where Sheryl Swoopes made some derogatory and false comments directed at Caitlin Clark. I tried to Google up the story and couldn't find anything, even though the story made headlines on just about every sports media outlet. Today, I did the same thing and it's loaded with links to articles about Swoopes apologizing.
Its still broken. It is severely racist against white people. There must be some reason google screwed up this so badly. I did not previously consider google ultraprogressive.

A. I think they (and most everyone else) are afraid of the woke mob. Woke mob burns [censored] down. White conservatives merely complain.
B. They've obviously entrusted the wrong people to put the 'slide bars' on the cultural aspects of this.
C. They've been racing Microsoft to integrate this into their platform, and MS is way ahead of them.

Now they're trying to fix things on the fly, which is much like trying to 'doctor' a bad sauce. It rarely ever turns out right, never the way you wanted it to, and by the time you are done you have no idea what the recipe is. Much like the bad sauce, they'd be better off starting over.
Originally Posted by jfanent
The other day, I saw on ESPN where Sheryl Swoopes made some derogatory and false comments directed at Caitlin Clark. I tried to Google up the story and couldn't find anything, even though the story made headlines on just about every sports media outlet. Today, I did the same thing and it's loaded with links to articles about Swoopes apologizing.

Well, now you're a conspiracy theorist, Jfan. naughtydevil

I've been doing the same since COVID. It is insane. That's the first thing that crossed my mind as soon as I read Eve's post. It's not only omission, but also deletion, at least from the top of the results. There are times when I'm pages into results before I have to step back and figure out a way to trick it into results. One of the best tools to get to the bottom of that is to manipulate the dates under the "custom" option.

COVID opened the doors for MSM, StateTV and all Tech companies to sequester information under the guise that hiding or not reporting is not actually lying. Now it's perfectly acceptable with no questions asked. When anybody in the club asks them to drown something in the results, they comply immediately.

Google has changed from search engine to narrative machine. Stuff like this happens all the time...

Those damned white people creating racist AI that's severely racist against white people. #conservativetears

Don't worry, in a day or two you'll find something else to throw a tantrum about. Your kind always does.
Originally Posted by jfanent

Well, now you're a conspiracy theorist, Jfan. naughtydevil

I've been doing the same since COVID. It is insane. That's the first thing that crossed my mind as soon as I read Eve's post. It's not only omission, but also deletion, at least from the top of the results. There are times when I'm pages into results before I have to step back and figure out a way to trick it into results. One of the best tools to get to the bottom of that is to manipulate the dates under the "custom" option.

COVID opened the doors for MSM, StateTV and all Tech companies to sequester information under the guise that hiding or not reporting is not actually lying. Now it's perfectly acceptable with no questions asked. When anybody in the club asks them to drown something in the results, they comply immediately.

Google has changed from search engine to narrative machine. Stuff like this happens all the time...

Silly MAGAts. Google has a BS filter. DDG is a wannabe.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cist-chiefs-super-bowl-travis-kelce.html

BLM Co-founder feels Taylor Swift fans are racists and the Chiefs are right wing extremists. notallthere
'I said FEEL, not think,' she continued when another user asked her to elaborate. 'Kind of like that feeling I get when there are too many American flags.'.......Hours later, after the Kansas City Chiefs were declared the winners, Abdullah wrote: 'Why do I feel like this was some right-wing, white-supremacist conspiracy?!?! Booooooo!!!!'

At least she admits there wasn't any thinking involved.

I'm hoping, in some way, this is a fake article.
Some people will do anything for attention. I really hate that too, because it does nothing but distract from real problems. People will exploit everything to try and get fame, power, recognition, etc. and completely undercut those who hav legitimate issues.
It's simply further proof that neither side has the market cornered on stupidity.
I hope they catch these chicks, prices are going through the roof! rofl

And then there's this dude, lifting the jumbo box of Raisinets. Get 'em!! 🤣

What sucks on that front is that the stores really are powerless to stop anyone...and the thieves know it.
The thieves also know there are no repercussions, at least not in blue cities. Some of these cities actually raise the prosecution threshold, you know, to keep up with inflation.

#whatiftheyneedthosethings
If there is no repercussions why is the FBI investigating?
I'm assuming they're looking at it from a macro, federal level. What FATE is getting to as far as repercussions go is at the state level or more specifically at the local level.
Oh [censored], here comes the FBI. I'm sure retail theft will stop immediately.
You certainly aren’t saying none of these thieves have been arrested and prosecuted?
Yeah! What he said! (I'm nominating you to entertain Wobbler today thumbsup )
I’ll come back when you’re off your meds.
You certainly aren’t saying none of these thieves have been arrested and prosecuted?

How in the blue hell could you have gotten that from what I said?

How in the blue hell could you have gotten that from what I said?

He's just putting words in a blender and pouring them out on the page.
I’ll come back when you’re off your meds.

Yeah, in your world only democrats are thieves. White color crime doesn't count in your world. It just counted in new York.

No, he's saying they must all be democrats it appears.

Yeah, in your world only democrats are thieves. White color crime doesn't count in your world. It just counted in new York.

[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]
Cue: Pit cries about the meme, ignores the fact that he's changing the subject.
So talking about stealing and white color ways of ripping people off doesn't count? It only counts of we talk about shoplifting in blue cities? Your game has gotten weak.
I think you're talking to the little buddy in your head... again.

Nobody here was talking about that, you just want to change the conversation... again.

What next? Smashing up stores is okay, because Bernie Madoff? Or do we just blame Spiderman?
So you didn't point to shoplifting? You didn't mention how they could get away with it in "blue cities"? You know, all those blue people? There's more evidence of what you're saying than there is evidence against Joe Biden and you claim hes guilty of something while you're innocent. This is hilarious!
Can I get some Ranch with that?
Sure. I have a ranch for sale in Oklahoma with an ocean front view. You sound like the perfect buyer.
Only if it comes with all-you-can-eat fake news... and has goalposts in the back yard that pop up out of the ground like whack-a-mole.

And I need a clothesline in the front yard, where I can hang all my fake outrage, so all my virtue-signaling neighbors can see what a good, torch carrying libtard I am.
Aw. You brought up every point I mentioned and all you have in response is gibberish. You pointed directly to shoplifting. Directly to blue cities. Which is you know, full of blue people.

Not only does the ranch have all of the things you require, the hard drinking GOP party girl Miranda Lambert lives next door. You should fit right in! But I doubt the clothesline will help your faux outrage. I guess anything is worth a try at this point. And yes, FOX News and Breitbart ore both available on the local cable network. When would you like to sign the contract?
Why Shoplifting Is Now De Facto Legal In California

Why is shoplifting so rampant? Because state law holds that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor, which means that law enforcement probably won’t bother to investigate, and if they do, prosecutors will let it go.

Why won’t store employees do anything about this theft? Because they don’t want to take the risk. I doubt many would, knowing that a Rite Aid employee was murdered recently after trying to stop two thieves. Moreover, a confrontation within the store risks harming not only store staff but also customers, so employees are almost certainly instructed by their managers to do nothing.

Because of this law, California is extending an open invitation to anyone to walk in and take. Just like that—since they know that police or prosecutors won’t bother with a misdemeanor complaint and that store personnel won’t stop them.
Blue states! Blue states! Blue shoplifters! California!

You just can't help yourself can you? But let me guess, you'll claim that's not what you're doing.... again.

rofl
The Left’s Desperate Attempt To Deflect on Crime
At least you've stepped up to the plate and stopped denying you blame it all on the democrats. That's progress. The Heritage Foundation? That says it all.

Rightwing group pours millions in ‘dark money’ into US voter suppression bid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...uppression-lobbying-election-action-plan

Project 2025, if allowed, will cement America as a rightwing authoritarian state

https://michiganadvance.com/2024/01...rica-as-a-rightwing-authoritarian-state/

However I'm not surprised that would be a source you would look to for "news".
Shoplifting statistics concern police, businesses in Portland
So you're making some revelation that shoplifting is a problem? With breaking news like that you should start your own news agency! notallthere
Shoplifters Don't Seem Worried About Being Caught
You have missed your calling. You should have been an investigative reporter.
Why do Democrats and liberals vote for people who allow shoplifting
You do realize that in the vast majority of these cases it's the BUSINESSES that have chosen not to go after these shoplifters, right? You must really hate businesses.

Quora? rofl
Why would businesses go after shoplifters if nobody arrests or prosecutes??

So the shoplifters can come fire-bomb the manager's home?

Now you want to blame shoplifting on the businesses? You really are a special kind of special. notallthere
From what I can tell, they scare the hell out of kids and make parents pay up to 3 times the value of merchandise the kid tried to steal… but not so many adults get punished in any way. And as I said in another thread, they even tell employees to not interfere with shoplifters.
Yeah, that's why they think engaging shoplifters is dangerous. Speaking of special.
So, the new $20 minimum wage will apply to all fast food and quick-service... except ones that "bake and sell their own bread in a standalone setting".

rofl rofl rofl

Panera Bread exempt from California’s $20 minimum wage law after owner donated to Gov. Newsom: report

By Social Links forAriel Zilber
Published Feb. 28, 2024
Updated Feb. 29, 2024, 12:50 p.m. ET

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law that exempts Panera Bread from a new $20-an-hour minimum wage hike for fast food chains after the billionaire owner of several of the chain’s locations donated to his campaign, according to a report.

In September, Newsom, a Democrat, signed into law a measure that raises the minimum wage of food fast workers from $16 an hour to $20 an hour.

But the Fast Food Accountability and Standards Recovery Act (FAST Act) includes an unusual carve-out that exempts “chains that bake bread and sell it as a standalone item,” according to Bloomberg News.

Newsom reportedly sought the exemption, which benefits among others Greg Flynn, the billionaire CEO of Flynn Restaurant Group, the company that owns some two dozen Panera Bread locations in the state.

Flynn, who attended the same high school as Newsom, has been involved in business dealings with the California governor, according to Bloomberg News.

In 2014, Flynn, who is the largest franchisee in the US with thousands of brands including Applebee’s, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and Wendy’s, acquired a Napa Valley resort that was managed by Newsom’s hospitality firm, according to disclosure forms.

Flynn has a net worth valued at $1.1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. He has donated at least $164,800 to Newsom’s campaigns.

The Post has sought comment from Flynn, Newsom, and Panera Bread.

Flynn told Bloomberg News that he played no role in crafting the bread exemption.

Newsom told reporters last month that the exemption was “part of the sausage-making” in politics.

Michelle Korsmo, head of the National Restaurant Association, told an industry conference last year that “everyone’s scratching their head” about the bread exemption.

“You may be celebrating or you may be lamenting the bakery exemption,” Korsmo was quoted as saying by Bloomberg. “But remember, all of that comes through relationships.”

The governor’s office told Bloomberg News that the law was the “result of countless hours of negotiations with dozens of stakeholders over two years.”

Flynn was publicly critical of the legislation when it was first floated in 2022.

He said that raising the minimum wage of fast-food employees would have an adverse business effect on franchise owners.

Flynn quietly lobbied Newsom’s aides to reconsider whether Panera Bread can be considered fast food, according to Bloomberg News.

The exemption for bread sellers was inserted into the legislation after the union that was pushing for the hike in minimum wage accepted it as a concession aimed at getting the governor’s support, the report stated.

Earlier this month, Chipotle executives warned that consumers in California should expect to see “significant” price hikes due to the minimum wage hike.

Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s chief financial and administrative officer, told investors on an earnings call that the price hikes are necessary to keep up with increasing labor costs.

McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski warned in October that the Big Mac maker would also need to hike the price of its menu items in California.

The chain has increased prices nationwide amid rampant inflation, including charging $18 for a Big Mac meal.

Earlier on Wednesday, Panera Bread agreed to pay $2 million to settle a class-action lawsuit that accused the chain of misleading customers about fees and menu prices for delivery orders.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/28/busin...lifornia-wage-law-after-newsom-donation/
Newsom told reporters last month that the exemption was “part of the sausage-making” in politics.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
You act like a Republican never did something for a donor… smfh.
Gavin Newscum.
Raised a statewide minimum wage but exempted a buddy from high school so he could save millions while punishing his opponents?

Hmm, let me think... nah, I don't think so.

My favorite part is the arrogant scumbag patting us on the head and telling us we just don't get it, with his stupid sausage making comment.

What. A Dolt.

Now that he openly does scumbag-corrupt-political-things and then rubs the voters' noses in it, I'm more convinced than ever than he'll replace Biden in the eleventh hour.
Well, at least in a round about way, newsome is admitting that jacking up min. wage to stupid levels negatively affects business.
From the White House:

The bill also includes $1.4 billion for cities and states who are providing critical services to newcomers, and would expedite work permits for people who are in the country and qualify.

Illegal Aliens
Undocumented Immigrants
Undocumented Citizens

NEWCOMERS! rofl
That's just wrong. I have no idea what that has to do with anything in this thread. And neither do you because it doesn't. But that doesn't change the fact that it's wrong and Panera should be held to the same standard as everyone else.

See just how easy that is? You should try it some time. You might feel better. naughtydevil
Gavin Newscum.

With everything going on right now I don't think many of you understand just how trivial and nitpicking you all sound sensationalizing this while ignoring so many far more important things. 91 criminal counts no problem. Panera Bread doesn't have to pay the same as everyone else #fauxoutrage.

You do provide comic relief however.
Yeah, Eve, TRUMP!
rofl

Newsom helped out a buddy. Oh the humanity! You would have thought he tried to overturn an election or something.
Yes, he helped out a buddy by imposing a statewide penalty against ALL of his business opponents.

Perfectly acceptable. notallthere
Did you miss where I posted it was wrong? I guess so. rofl
Good old MSNBC, creating racial awareness by being racist. #propagandaarmofstatetv

Toe. The. Line.

rofl
What exactly is funny about that?
Because the answer is simple. When you vote for a man that is undermining democracy, that's a danger to democracy.
So don't vote for Biden? This is getting confusing.
Wow. If someone is misgendered...

"This is wrong!"
"This affects everyone"
"This affects the whole community!"
"You're the problem"

But this MURDERER is a "newcomer", a resident of Athens, and a white male??

And NOBODY will raise an eyebrow or complain...

So don't vote for Biden? This is getting confusing.

I'm not surprised you're confused. Did Biden try to apply pressure to several state officials to in an attempt to overthrow the 2020 presidential election? Did he defy a DOJ subpoena to turn over top secret documents? Did he send a large group of protestors to the Capital after having several speakers fire up the crowd telling them the election was stolen and telling them to fight like hell or they wouldn't have a country anymore?

I do understand that some people, such as yourself as an example seem to have no idea just how this goes against some of the main foundations of our country. That applying pressure to state officials to overturn the election is like sneezing. How the peaceful transfer of power is nothing more than a blip on the radar screen to you. How sending those people to the capital is like the common cold. I get it. But for the life of me I have no idea why.
https://www.newsweek.com/karen-berg-proposes-child-sex-dolls-pedophiles-kentucky-senator-1875024

Libtard senator wants child sex dolls for pedophiles. Sick.
And what crime is that? I guess them committing sex crimes against children is a better alternative to you?

Speaking at the Kentucky General Assembly on Thursday, Senator Karen Berg said there was research suggesting the dolls "actually decrease their proclivity to go out and attack children." The remarks sparked an angry backlash on social media with one prominent commentator accusing Berg of "sexualizing kids and defending pedophiles."

What an evil guy he is. Was it that research indicated this may help that troubles you so much?

"But there are what they call 'MAPS,' Minor Attracted Persons and the limited amount of research that's done on these dolls suggests that they actually, for people who are attracted to minors, that these dolls actually decrease their proclivity to go out and attack children.

But I should have expected the party of no to attack anything that includes research or may actually help the problem.
^ THIS GUY ^ wants your tax dollars to buy sex dolls for pedophiles. CHILD sex dolls.

You know why? Because... "But there are what they call 'MAPS,' Minor Attracted Persons (oops, can't call them pedophiles, that's offensive) and the limited amount of research that's done on these dolls suggests that they actually, for people who are attracted to minors, that these dolls actually decrease their proclivity to go out and attack children."

Research done by whom? "Academics", of course.

Absolutely disgusting.

But here, let's make it fair... Pit pays for the dolls, and everyone that still rapes a kid gets a bullet. THEN I'm on board.

WTactualF
Oregon Recriminalization

An Oregon bill to reinstate criminal penalties for hard drugs is heading to Gov. Tina Kotek’s (D) desk. HB 4002 will, if signed, upend a 2020 voter initiative to decriminalize possession of small amounts of fentanyl, heroin, methamphetamine, and other drugs.

The news comes three years after residents voted (58%) to decriminalize hard drugs—the first and only state to do so. Instead, possession was met with a $100 fine or the option to enter treatment. However, drug-related deaths in Oregon have since skyrocketed, on track to surpass 1,250 people last year and up 42% year-over-year in September, compared to a nationwide 2%. Those supporting decriminalization still point to research failing to show an immediate correlation between drug law and overdose fatality rates. If the bill is signed, possession will be punishable by up to 180 days in jail, with options to be redirected to treatment facilities.

The news in Oregon comes as the popularity of decriminalization wanes (support for undoing the law is around 56%). Meanwhile, a recent poll found 40% of voters in Portland list homelessness as their primary concern.

https://apnews.com/article/oregon-drug-recriminalization-0c767935037f058c1bf16c4a7c405144
^ THIS GUY ^ wants your tax dollars to buy sex dolls for pedophiles. CHILD sex dolls.

You know why? Because... "But there are what they call 'MAPS,' Minor Attracted Persons (oops, can't call them pedophiles, that's offensive) and the limited amount of research that's done on these dolls suggests that they actually, for people who are attracted to minors, that these dolls actually decrease their proclivity to go out and attack children."

Absolutely disgusting.

But here, let's make it fair... Pit pays for the dolls, and everyone that still rapes a kid gets a bullet. THEN I'm on board.

WTactualF

Here's the continuing stupidity of your kind.

Pedophiles who have been convicted should NEVER be released back into our society. NEVER! But they are and I can't prevent that. That is the situation we are in.

Nothing I have seen to date has or can rehabilitate them from this disgusting behavior. Which is why I believe they should never be released back into society. But once again they are.

So yes, if there is some research indicating that this may prevent even 5, 10, 20 or 50 children that would not be victims of pedophilia I say try it. Use it as an experiment to further study if it is actually effective or not.

As far as I'm concerned they could have given them a bullet the first time they committed such an atrocity against a child. But I, just like you don't have any control over that. What you're on board with is not trying to do anything to prevent the further sexual abuse of children by doing nothing to try and help the problem. Once again the party of no rears its ugly head.
So now it's a bad thing when the politicians of Oregon decided that it was smart to reenact drug laws? The damned if you do, damned if you don't approach?
So now it's a bad thing when the politicians of Oregon decided that it was smart to reenact drug laws? The damned if you do, damned if you don't approach?

Where. did. I. say. it. was. a. bad. thing???
You posted it in the "Cuckoo Democrats" thread. Dear Lord man.
I'll just let the stupid posts go so you don't spend another day embarrassing yourself.
You overvalue your own opinion in your very restricted and jaded world. You sound like you're reciting part of a trump speech. You know, someone who has convinced themselves they're much smarter than they actually are.

Absolutely disgusting.

WTactualF

Here's the continuing stupidity of your kind.

Pedophiles who have been convicted should NEVER be released back into our society. NEVER! But they are and I can't prevent that. That is the situation we are in.

Nothing I have seen to date has or can rehabilitate them from this disgusting behavior. Which is why I believe they should never be released back into society. But once again they are.

So yes, if there is some research indicating that this may prevent even 5, 10, 20 or 50 children that would not be victims of pedophilia I say try it. Use it as an experiment to further study if it is actually effective or not.

As far as I'm concerned they could have given them a bullet the first time they committed such an atrocity against a child. But I, just like you don't have any control over that. What you're on board with is not trying to do anything to prevent the further sexual abuse of children by doing nothing to try and help the problem. Once again the party of no rears its ugly head.

You're right.

Taxpayer funded child-aged sex dolls for pediphiles is probably a great idea. I can't see anything that could go wrong there.

I mean, afterall, limited studies have shown it's true.

Here's another study as an example:
Study says drug decriminalization in Oregon did not cause more overdose deaths

The moral of this story: Even though there is always a study to contradict common-sense, that doesn't make it a good idea.

In this case, the voter can see the forest through the trees. They can see the disaster that ensued after another great idea.

I wonder how this study works?

"Does this make you feel better?"
"Oh yes, very much so."
"Do you still want to rape kids?"
"No, not at all!"
"Are there any other comments you'd like to make?"
"Uh, yeah, can I get one just a teensie bit younger.... with short hair?"

NOBODY CAN BE THIS STUPID. So you can save the "if it saves one child" narrative, it's b.s., it will save one and harm ten others. Except we won't know for decades, because the bulk of these cases fly under the radar and are never reported.
You overvalue your own opinion in your very restricted and jaded world. You sound like you're reciting part of a trump speech. You know, someone who has convinced themselves they're much smarter than they actually are.

Lol. Now I'm just like Trump. thumbsup
So you have nothing of substance to debate the topic with the exception of claiming "It won't work so why try."

Yes, making excuses to try nothing sounds like a much better approach. The party of no.
So you have nothing of substance to debate the topic with the exception of claiming "It won't work so why try."

Yes, making excuses to try nothing sounds like a much better approach. The party of no.

And you sound like you always sound. Supporting arguments with dumb statements and even dumber accusations.

Please tell me where I said "try nothing".

Please tell me how you equate CHILD SEX DOLLS FOR PEDOPHILES as the only hope for rehabilitation.

You know that's what you just said, right?

Just because you did it in away to demean my common sense and the GOP in general doesn't change the substance of your statement.

So, since this will be another argument based on rabbit holes...

Do you think sex dolls for pedophiles is the only hope for rehabbing child rapists?
Do you think sex dolls for pedophiles is the only hope for rehabbing child rapists?

The only hope? Let me tell you what I do know. So far nothing else has helped. As I said before I don't think they should ever be set loose back into society but they are. So no, I think life without parole would be the best solution. But as far as "rehabilitation" is concerned, there has been treatment, counseling and many other methods tried at extreme costs. Home monitoring, extensive parole and probation. I haven't seen any real indications any of this has helped.

So I don't know what the answer is. I'm not sure this would help. But what I do know is there are indications that it might. I know it would be an infinitesimal cost compared to the other measures they are currently trying with no real success I have listed above.

So at this point giving it a try is something I would be willing to go along with. They can use it as their own study. Use X amount of pedophiles to use in this is experiment to see if it reduces the recidivism rate among the participants. If so expand the program and if not end the program.

Your answer seems to be not to try. And what programs and ideas do you have for rehabbing child rapists? And no, castration along with life without parole is not "rehab" as much as I may go along with those as solutions.
I don't know how you say "nothing else has helped". Seems like a cop-out. One that falls into the category of "well, prove it has" and then uses the fact that pedophilia hasn't been eliminated as some kind of proof that nothing works.

Just google "breakthroughs in rehabilitation for pedophiles"

Page after page of current treatments and results. Prospective treatments and expected results. None of them (yet) say Child Sex Dolls.

This is just from one page:
Androgen deprivation therapy
selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
Aversion therapy
Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
Group therapy

If we've tried all of those and none of them have worked, it's waaay too late for a sex doll anyway.

I think (and this is where the political divide occurs) there are too many people on the left trying to dazzle the crowd with ideas that are so far outside the box that they make no sense, or at least oppose simple common sense. And from my point of view, they are seemingly always victimizing the perpetrator. The drug laws in Portland, again, are a great example.
That's really not much to stand on. Your main reason seems to be because YOU think it's far outside the box. Why do you think this shouldn't be tried because other attempts haven't worked? Why anyone would object to a very inexpensive experiment to gauge if this might work is beyond me. Once again people make trying to help solve a serious problem a left verses right issue when it shouldn't be. Once we say it's it's waaay too late to try something different we have chosen to restrict the lengths we're willing to go in order to attempt to solve a very serious problem.
Okey dokey.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Garland and Kamala... fighting to keep our elections safe.

AG Garland pledges to fight voter ID laws, election integrity measures
WTH?? rofl

And what crime is that? I guess them committing sex crimes against children is a better alternative to you?

Speaking at the Kentucky General Assembly on Thursday, Senator Karen Berg said there was research suggesting the dolls "actually decrease their proclivity to go out and attack children." The remarks sparked an angry backlash on social media with one prominent commentator accusing Berg of "sexualizing kids and defending pedophiles."

What an evil guy he is. Was it that research indicated this may help that troubles you so much?

"But there are what they call 'MAPS,' Minor Attracted Persons and the limited amount of research that's done on these dolls suggests that they actually, for people who are attracted to minors, that these dolls actually decrease their proclivity to go out and attack children.

But I should have expected the party of no to attack anything that includes research or may actually help the problem.

It's a she, btw. I watched her vid. I had no idea this was just a lunatic spitballing her google research from the night before.

Looks like she's changed her mind. Probably because of evil GOPers like Eve and I.

I guess we'll have to scrap the child sex dolls and find another way to stop pedophilia.

His next post ought to be interesting.
I guess the libtard sheeple who thought it was a good idea have egg on their face.
I guess the libtard sheeple who thought it was a good idea have egg on their face.

It's obvious reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I not only said I had no idea if it would work, I also stated that if it were done it should be done an a small scale as an experiment to see if it had an impact and go from there. But I should have expected a repugnantcan response that had little fact and a lot of BS from the likes of you.

So I don't know what the answer is. I'm not sure this would help. But what I do know is there are indications that it might. I know it would be an infinitesimal cost compared to the other measures they are currently trying with no real success I have listed above.

So at this point giving it a try is something I would be willing to go along with. They can use it as their own study. Use X amount of pedophiles to use in this is experiment to see if it reduces the recidivism rate among the participants. If so expand the program and if not end the program.

Try again Grasshopper.
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
His next post ought to be interesting.

What's interesting is watching you lurk from the sidelines and then sound off when you think there's some gotchya moment. There are names for people like that.
It's called "I don't feel the need to post on every topic, constantly."

And, you didn't disappoint.

It's obvious reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I not only said I had no idea if it would work, I also stated that if it were done it should be done an a small scale as an experiment to see if it had an impact and go from there. But I should have expected a repugnantcan response that had little fact and a lot of BS from the likes of you.

Try again Grasshopper.

You do understand that this is about BANNING Child sex dolls, right? BANNING under a new congressional bill. Because it's wrong and evil. Yet you want to go along with keeping them. You just go along with whatever some rando senator says with no critical thinking of any kind.
No, as matter of fact you rarely do until you think you have a gotchya moment. And just like this time you have added zero content related to the topic of the thread at all. It's becoming your M.O. Sorry that I pointed out you add nothing but trying to go after a poster you don't like while not actually addressing the topic at all.

Well okay, so I'm not sorry.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

That's not what you were whining about before. Now you have decided to change your argument.
That's right, take that L.
Change direction and pretend that's what you've been saying all along. That's what it sounds like to be a loser.
I rarely do, huh?

Maybe it's because I don't feel I'm an expert on any and every topic, like you do.

I'll add context now. Dem introduced a bill. You liked it cause "dem". Same dem changed her mind, and now you can't admit all your bloviating was just that: hot air.
Thanks for adding another post that once again has nothing to do with the topic and is about nothing but me. As I said before, you have nothing of substance to add to the conversation. Only going in attack mode towards me.

I said the idea was worth a try on an experimental basis to see if it would help decrease pedophilia. Then judge whether it helped or not depending on the recidivism rate. Oh the humanity!

If all you're going to do is come in here and attack me with nothing to add on the topic, at least try to be accurate.....for a change.
Do you still think this is "worth a try"?
As I've said before, I have no idea if it will help or not. At this point I would be willing to see them try almost anything on an experimental basis to see if it would help. Some people think otherwise.
As I've said before, I have no idea if it will help or not. At this point I would be willing to see them try almost anything on an experimental basis to see if it would help. Some people think otherwise.

Are you trying to tell me how to post?
Of course not. You can post anything you like. The fact that most everything you have posted today is in some way trying to come after me rather than discuss the topics of the threads you're posting in speaks volumes about your motivation. That's a point I have no problem you continuing to tell. And people can see it. It's nothing new but you have made it far more obvious today than usual. I actually appreciate you showing people the real reason you're here and what you're actually doing. It tells its own story.

I'm beginning to think you and Eve are related.
I'm beginning to think you and Eve are related.

Wrong yet again.

rofl

Because she'd get ratioed.
She's obviously taking it over the top, but I did find it somewhat frustrating how he moaned and groaned about how much golf Obama played and then played at almost double the rate. It is also a funny point...a lot of people go into that office looking fairly young and they age almost 3x the normal amount, by appearances. She is right that Trump probably looks similar to how he did before the presidency, at least more so than others. That's not necessarily a good thing, though... If Biden gets another term, the guy will probably look like the crypt keeper by the end of it.

As far as Clinton's endorsement goes, I think it might be better for her not to say anything at all...
It's only a dumb point to make when Democrats do it. When they did it about Obama who golfed half as much as trump it was legitimate. Just ask them. And the stupidity of it all is trump himself complained about Obama golfing so much. Here are just a few examples...

Trump tweeted 27 times about President Barack Obama’s golf habits between 2011 and 2016, according to SB Nation. Here’s a random sampling:

“While our wonderful president was out playing golf all day, the TSA is falling apart, just like our government! Airports a total disaster!” (May 2016)
“President Obama should have gone to Louisiana days ago, instead of golfing. Too little, too late!” (August 2016)
“Obama has admitted that he spends his mornings watching @ESPN. Then he plays golf, fundraises & grants amnesty to illegals.” (December 2014)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/donald-trump-golf-analysis/index.html

Of course then there's this.....

“If I win I may never see my property – I may never see these places again,” Trump said at an August 2016 campaign event. “But because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/donald-trump-golf-analysis/index.html

So you can understand why they may be a little salty when someone broaches the topic.
Well, both Obama and Trump spent plenty of time on the links.

I'm surprised the gap is so big here. "It's a very, very big gap. Some may seem insurmountable. Insurmountable indeed. I looked at that list and I said 'that gap is very large'".

All four of America's most recent presidents made the list. Donald Trump was the highest-ranking golfer at number 11, Barack Obama came in at 43, President Biden is ranked 59, and George W. Bush placed 86.

Republicans dominate Democrats in DC's top 100 golfer list
“If I win I may never see my property – I may never see these places again,” Trump said at an August 2016 campaign event. “But because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks.”
So, on top of being a criminal, an insurrectionist, a fraudster, a [censored] grabber, a Nazi, a fascist and a dictator...

He also lied about golf?

Oh crap, what now??
I have no idea why it is you're defending him then.

The difference in their golfing trips were nowhere close to the same. Now you're downplaying that he lied about it. Not only did he lie that he would not go golfing as president, in 2020 he lied that Obama had golfed more than he did....

Trump falsely claims that he golfs less than Obama during 276th golf course outing as president Published July 13, 2020 2:57PM (EDT)

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/13/tr...g-276th-golf-course-outing-as-president/

I get it though.
Lol.

Defending?

I'm laughing at the fact that we're discussing golf. rofl

#onlycongresscanchangegolfrulesforpresidents
Memphis brought it up. Yeah, defending....

I thought it was funny Memphis brought up a point that was a huge L from the get go. So let me see if I get this straight. It's okay to think it's funny someone brought it up when it's factually proven that it is all true? That's the thing about humor, it's all subjective.
I just think it's funny that golf is some metric to gauge the success of the presidency.

Especially since this one couldn't swing a club without falling on his face... while the whole country is falling apart.

But he "looks older" because he "works harder". rofl

See, now everyone has something to laugh at.
I just think it's funny how some people dismiss the tendency to be a habitual liar as being a great metric with which to gauge a persons character and trustworthiness. And how people ignore the overreach that power hungry people will resort to.....

The Trump administration has lost more than 90 percent of its court battles over deregulation

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/tru...rcent-of-deregulation-court-battles.html

My guess is you find those things funny as well.
I just think it's funny that this was all just a segue to Trump and deregulation.

Crafty.
Somehow it needed to be made more obvious to you that lies and an overreach in power was a sign of who a person was. Sorry that needed to be done. One would think you might have been able to see that before now.

rofl
Yeah, that doesn't pass the smell test. So over the top it lends one to believe the opposite.

I do wish we had the Biden from the 2012 election running. The demeanor with which he debated Paul Ryan might be the perfect way to debate Trump. He obviously doesn't have that anymore though. In either event, I still find him the better choice...or the lesser bad choice.
Yes, it's a choice of slow or crazy. Not a good thing no matter how anyone slices it.
Democrats being tough on crime! I'm happy to see they're breaking the false narrative that they were soft on crime. Thanks FATE.
If libtards were tough on crime there wouldnt be so much of it. Libtards hand out get out of jail free cards left and right.
I'm happy they're breaking the narrative as well. thumbsup

You always support states rights until you don't support states rights. Must be the pick and choose method.
If libtards were tough on crime there wouldnt be so much of it. Libtards hand out get out of jail free cards left and right.

Map of gun deaths across the U.S. shows cities have lower rates than rural counties

The most rural counties had a 37% higher rate of firearm deaths than the most urban counties from 2011 to 2020, an analysis found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...wer-cities-than-rural-counties-rcna81462

The Two-Decade Red State Murder Problem

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

You were saying?

Map of gun deaths across the U.S. shows cities have lower rates than rural counties

The most rural counties had a 37% higher rate of firearm deaths than the most urban counties from 2011 to 2020, an analysis found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...wer-cities-than-rural-counties-rcna81462

The Two-Decade Red State Murder Problem

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

You were saying?

Did she say firearm deaths? I can't see anything there about firearm deaths.. Hmm, let me check again...

Nope. Nothing about firearm deaths.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have no idea why it is you're defending him then.

The difference in their golfing trips were nowhere close to the same. Now you're downplaying that he lied about it. Not only did he lie that he would not go golfing as president, in 2020 he lied that Obama had golfed more than he did....

Trump falsely claims that he golfs less than Obama during 276th golf course outing as president Published July 13, 2020 2:57PM (EDT)

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/13/tr...g-276th-golf-course-outing-as-president/

I get it though.

What everyone forgets is that Trump golfed at his own clubs. He charged the Secret Service for all the agents that stayed on his property and he increased the fees to them for that stay. He then made money off those golf trips.

Some think it's about golf but it's really about abuse of the system and abuse of power. Something that Trump has perfected. Trump is a criminal and it's time to put him away

FFS....did Joe personally draft up this graphic?

Not that big of a deal but, man, does this sum up a lot. I hope this isn't real but it looks like the account has already deleted the tweet.
I understand things like shoplifting are more important to you.
I understand things like shoplifting are more important to you.

That deserves the very same meme:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I understand that's what you call honesty these days. Violent crimes were down in 2023. Sorry you find that so hard to admit.

Sad.
I understand that's what you call honesty these days. Violent crimes were down in 2023. Sorry you find that so hard to admit.

I wouldn't be surprised -- they're not prosecuted or pleaded down.

But then there's this from the Council on Criminal Justice:

Most violent offenses remained elevated in 2023 compared to 2019, the year prior to the outbreak of COVID and the widespread social unrest of 2020. There were 18% more homicides in the study cities in 2023 than in 2019, and carjacking has spiked by 93% during that period.Jan 8, 2024

https://counciloncj.org/year-end-2023-crime-trends/#:~:text=Most%20violent%20offenses%20remained%20elevated,by%2093%25%20during%20that%20period.

Edit: I don't know why google does ^ this ^ to all the links nowadays.

https://counciloncj.org/year-end-2023-crime-trends/

You probably have a different set of "facts".
It is great to go back years with which to make a comparison. Rather than of course to compare the following year to the previous year. I'm surprised you didn't go back to the 1950's to make your comparison. I mean since you wanted to use facts and all. But since that's the game you like to play I'll play along....

We have made drastic improvements ion decreasing violent crime since 1991.

Reported violent crime rate in the U.S. 1990-2022
Published by Statista Research Department, Oct 20, 2023
In 2022, the violent crime rate in the United States was 369.8 cases per 100,000 of the population. Even though the violent crime rate has been decreasing since 1990, the United States tops the ranking of countries with the most prisoners. In addition, due to the FBI's recent transition to a new crime reporting system in which law enforcement agencies voluntarily submit crime reports, data may not accurately reflect the total number of crimes committed.

Reported violent crime rate in the United States
The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation tracks the rate of reported violent crimes per 100,000 U.S. inhabitants. In the timeline above, rates are shown starting in 1990. The rate of reported violent crime has fallen since a high of 758.20 reported crimes in 1991 to a low of 363.6 reported violent crimes in 2014.

In 2022, there were roughly 1.23 million violent crimes reported to the FBI in the United States. This number can be compared to the total number of property crimes, roughly 6.51 million that year. Of violent crimes in 2022, there were 893,980 aggravated assaults, making this offense the most common of violent crime offenses.

Law enforcement officers and crime clearance
Though the violent crime rate was down in 2013, the number of law enforcement officers also fell. Between 2005 and 2009, the number of law enforcement officers in the United States rose from around 673,100 to 708,600. However, since 2009, the number of officers fell to a low of 626,900 officers in 2013. The number of law enforcement officers has since grown, reaching 708,001 in 2022.

In 2022, the crime clearance rate in the U.S. was highest for murders and non-negligent homicides, with around 52.3 percent of murders being solved by investigators and a suspect being charged with the crime. Roughly 41.4 percent of aggravated assaults were cleared in that year. A statistics report on violent crime in the U.S. can be found here.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

Then of course murder rates dropped in 2023 from 2022.
A couple snippets for the SOTU tonight;

Biden to call in State of the Union for business tax hikes, middle class tax cuts and lower deficits
JOSH BOAK
Thu, March 7, 2024 at 5:06 AM EST·2 min read

FILE - People walk outside the U.S Capitol building in Washington, June 9, 2022. President Joe Biden goes into Thursday's State of the Union address with an expanded plan to raise corporate taxes. He would use the proceeds to trim budget deficits and cut taxes for the middle class.(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)More
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden is going into Thursday's State of the Union address with an expanded plan to raise corporate taxes and use the proceeds to trim budget deficits and cut taxes for the middle class.

The Democratic president in this election year is refining the economic agenda that he’s been pushing since the 2020 presidential race, trying to show that he is addressing voters’ concerns about the cost of living. With Republican control of the House, Biden’s agenda is unlikely to become law and serves as something of a sales pitch to voters.

In a preview of Biden's remarks, aides including Lael Brainard, director of the White House National Economic Council, said the president would contrast his proposals with Republican plans to extend former President Donald Trump's expiring tax breaks and further slash corporate tax rates.

Under Biden's proposal, corporations would no longer be able to deduct the expense of employee pay above $1 million, which could raise $270 billion over 10 years. He also wants to raise the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%, among other measures. And, as Biden has previously proposed, major companies would be charged a minimum tax rate so that they could not avoid the IRS through accounting maneuvers, deductions and specialized tax breaks.

Billionaires would need to pay a minimum of 25% in federal taxes on their income under his plans. People earning more than $400,000 would also pay higher Medicare taxes to ensure the program's financial viability.

Biden would use some of those revenues to pay for expansions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which would help lower-income families. He is also seeking to permanently make health insurance premiums lower for those who receive their medical coverage through the 2010 Affordable Care Act.

Aides said Biden's forthcoming budget plan would trim the national debt by $3 trillion over 10 years, similar to what he pitched in last year's budget proposal, which was not approved by Congress.
Ah yes, the last thing we would want to do is go back to the previous presidency.

So everything should be compared year to year?

Except when Pit@Dawgtalkers is talking about illegal border crossings, then go month to month and say brainless things like "numbers are down at the border in June but no one is giving Biden credit for that".
Your only problem seems to be that I have never denied the numbers at the border. You seem to be denying those June numbers however. Try again Grasshopper. BTW- George H. W. Bush was president in 1991. Not a democrat.
Your only problem seems to be that I have never denied the numbers at the border. You seem to be denying those June numbers however. Try again Grasshopper. BTW- George H. W. Bush was president in 1991. Not a democrat.

What does Bush have to do with what I posted??

LEARN. TO. READ.
Let me tell you what doesn't have to do with anything in regards to crime in American cities. And that's who is president.

Over time you have assigned blame for crime in our cities to liberal prosecutors which are elected by local citizens. And there are signs that makes sense. You have blamed it on local liberal judges. And there are signs that makes sense. It seems as though you can't seem to figure out who you wish to blame and who that happens to be simply changes with the wind.

However since it seems you need this explained to you, I will do so. No president has any power over any of that. Presidents have no power to impose laws or anything else in our cities. They don't vote to elect a city prosecutor. They don't appoint local judges.

The closest you can come to any of that is that presidents nominate district court judges. Even then they have to be approved by the Senate.

You asked me to learn to read. All I'm asking you to do is learn.
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Sad.

Making fun of MAGA dolts is literally their job, reporting on all the bizarre things MAGA does tends to make you laugh at them.
New obstruction of justice crimes levied against Sen. Bob Menendez in rewritten indictment

NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez and his wife face new charges that they obstructed justice while they were being investigated over allegations that they accepted bribes of gold bars, cash and a luxury car from three favor-seeking New Jersey businessmen.

The obstruction charges were added Tuesday to a rewritten indictment returned against the Democrat and his wife, Nadine.

In a statement, the senator called the additions “a flagrant abuse of power.”

“I am innocent and will prove it no matter how many charges they continue to pile on,” Menendez said.

The new allegations — part of what is now an 18-count indictment — are related to gifts prosecutors say the couple received from Jose Uribe, who pleaded guilty to bribery charges last week and agreed to testify in the corruption case.

During his court appearance Friday, Uribe had described working with Nadine Menendez in 2022 and 2023 to mislead federal prosecutors about a luxury Mercedes-Benz sedan he had purchased for her.

Uribe said he bought the car because Sen. Menendez had used his political influence to stop criminal investigations into two of his associates. But after Uribe got a federal subpoena demanding documents, he assured Nadine Menendez he would tell investigators the auto payments had been a loan.

Nadine Menendez “said that sounded good,” according to prosecutors.

“I knew that giving a car in return for influencing a United States senator to stop a criminal investigation was wrong, and I deeply regret my actions,” Urbe said in court on Friday.

The indictment said Menendez also caused his lawyer to falsely tell prosecutors overseeing the investigation that he was unaware another of his business associates had helped his wife make a $23,000 mortgage payment on her New Jersey home. It said Nadine Menendez caused her lawyer to tell prosecutors last August that the mortgage payment and funds provided for the Mercedes were loans when she knew they were bribes.

Menendez said in a statement that prosecutors have “long known that I learned of and helped repay loans — not bribes — that had been provided to my wife.”

After his fall arrest, Menendez, 70, was forced to relinquish his chairmanship of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee but said he would not resign from Congress.

The senator and his wife are scheduled to go on trial in May on an array of corruption allegations. Among other things, Menendez is accused of taking actions that benefited the governments of Egypt and Qatar as a way of helping two New Jersey associates get financial deals linked to those two countries.

According to an indictment, Menendez and his wife accepted gold bars and cash from a real estate developer in return for the senator using his clout to get that businessman a multimillion-dollar deal with a Qatari investment fund.

Menendez was charged with helping another New Jersey business associate get a lucrative deal with the government of Egypt.

An FBI raid on the couple’s home in 2022 resulted in the discovery of over $100,000 in gold bars and more than $480,000 in cash, much of it hidden in closets, clothing and a safe, prosecutors said. Menendez said the cash found in the house was personal savings he had put away for emergencies.

Judge Sidney H. Stein on Monday rejected Menendez’s argument that the search was unconstitutional.

The son of Cuban immigrants, Menendez has held public office continuously since 1986, when he was elected mayor of Union City, New Jersey. In 2006, then-Gov. Jon Corzine appointed Menendez to the Senate seat he vacated when he became governor.

https://apnews.com/article/menendez...tEIvoFslpsD90TuIO56aJiH21mwbAzzVi8UTlE_E

This is what a real POS looks and sounds like. I can't believe he's still in office and the sooner they can get him out of there the better.

Sad.

Making fun of MAGA dolts is literally their job, reporting on all the bizarre things MAGA does tends to make you laugh at them.

So if people in VA say illegal immigration is a concern they're MAGA?

It is entertaining though... especially the trash-ass racist always calling everyone racist. rofl
Yeah - Menendez needed to be out of his role a long time ago. It seems insane that he's not. The guy is already 70 and is emblematic of what happens when you're allowed to be in power too long. "Champion of the people" on one hand while he's getting bribes under the table in the other hand. I'm sure him staying in office keeps those faucets turned on, too.

The guy needs to go.
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
A couple snippets for the SOTU tonight;

Biden to call in State of the Union for business tax hikes, middle class tax cuts and lower deficits
JOSH BOAK
Thu, March 7, 2024 at 5:06 AM EST·2 min read

FILE - People walk outside the U.S Capitol building in Washington, June 9, 2022. President Joe Biden goes into Thursday's State of the Union address with an expanded plan to raise corporate taxes. He would use the proceeds to trim budget deficits and cut taxes for the middle class.(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)More
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden is going into Thursday's State of the Union address with an expanded plan to raise corporate taxes and use the proceeds to trim budget deficits and cut taxes for the middle class.

The Democratic president in this election year is refining the economic agenda that he’s been pushing since the 2020 presidential race, trying to show that he is addressing voters’ concerns about the cost of living. With Republican control of the House, Biden’s agenda is unlikely to become law and serves as something of a sales pitch to voters.

In a preview of Biden's remarks, aides including Lael Brainard, director of the White House National Economic Council, said the president would contrast his proposals with Republican plans to extend former President Donald Trump's expiring tax breaks and further slash corporate tax rates.

Under Biden's proposal, corporations would no longer be able to deduct the expense of employee pay above $1 million, which could raise $270 billion over 10 years. He also wants to raise the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%, among other measures. And, as Biden has previously proposed, major companies would be charged a minimum tax rate so that they could not avoid the IRS through accounting maneuvers, deductions and specialized tax breaks.

Billionaires would need to pay a minimum of 25% in federal taxes on their income under his plans. People earning more than $400,000 would also pay higher Medicare taxes to ensure the program's financial viability.

Biden would use some of those revenues to pay for expansions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which would help lower-income families. He is also seeking to permanently make health insurance premiums lower for those who receive their medical coverage through the 2010 Affordable Care Act.

Aides said Biden's forthcoming budget plan would trim the national debt by $3 trillion over 10 years, similar to what he pitched in last year's budget proposal, which was not approved by Congress.

"Now I'm going to steal from the rich... and give to the poor. It's been my plan all along."

Except nobody is dumb enough to believe this crap. May as well walk out flanked by unicorns farting fairy dust.

Nobody believes it and most people can see it as disingenuous. If you were "gonna do this", it would have already been done. You write phone apps to smuggle in illegals with free frequent flyer miles FFS. This is just a 'plant' so you can come back in October and say "I was gonna do this, but Trump!!"

It's like me telling my high-school-graduating son I was going to buy him a new Corvette... but his mom said no.
Yes, increasing your income is a terrible way to lessen your debt. Not forcing the wealthy to pay their fair percentage of taxes seems like that fairest system on the planet.

#newmath
Last year Biden said he would get rid of junk fees for concerts and sporting events. That never happened. He just makes up lies.
"Biden" just makes up lies? I bet you love that finished border wall that Mexico paid for don't you? rofl
At least he didn't roll out a red carpet and string across a finish line.

"I want you to surge the border."
BIDEN TO CALL FOR 21% MINIMUM CORPORATE TAX RATE FIR BILLION-DOLLAR CORPORATIONS

I'm just looking forward to hearing him try to say this sentence. This one is not coming out alright.
Last year Biden said he would get rid of junk fees for concerts and sporting events. That never happened. He just makes up lies.

He's going to put a cap on junk fees. They just said so this morning.

Joe's got some big plans in store for us. thumbsup
So he's making up more lies.
Thais if he can get congress to act on it. Just like he is/was trying to get congress to do on the junk fees Eve was talking about. I have mo idea why you think a president is a dictator. No wait, I do......

In his State of the Union address Tuesday, President Joe Biden touted his administration’s efforts to crack down on so-called “junk fees,” or charges that raise the prices of items like concert tickets, hotel rooms and internet service.

“Americans are tired of being played for suckers,” Biden said.

He urged Congress to require online ticket sellers to disclose the full costs upfront, eliminate cancellation penalties for phone and web services and ban fees that airlines charge for families to sit together and that hotels tack on for being resorts. Biden also said his administration will require airlines to disclose full ticket prices upfront and push banks to reduce “excessive” credit card late fees.

“Junk fees may not matter to the very wealthy, but they matter to most folks in homes like the one I grew up in,” Biden said. “They add up to hundreds of dollars a month.”

He pointed to the Junk Fee Prevention Act, a proposal he wants Congress to pass that would crack down on four types of the practice:

Entertainment Fees

These are the service charges, processing fees, delivery fees and facility fees that online ticket sellers charge, which often add significant expense to the cost to attend events. In a nod to the public outcry over the botched sale of Taylor Swift concert tickets, Biden’s proposal notes a lack of competition in the industry leading to companies charging fees with impunity. It urges Congress to ban excessive fees, require charges to be disclosed in the ticket price and mandate sellers disclose any ticket holdbacks that reduce the available supply.

Airline Fees

No airline guarantees free family seating. To bring transparency to families faced with unexpected fees to sit with their children, the Department of Transportation will publish a dashboard of the charges and work to ban them. The proposal asks Congress to fast-track the prohibition process.

Termination Fees

Charges for ending mobile phone, wireless or cable TV services undermine competition in the market, Biden said. His administration called for the Federal Communications Commission to limit these fees in 2021, and now urges Congress to eliminate them in the name of “economic dynamism.”

Resort Fees

The Biden administration wants hotels to include the surprise fees they charge for being resorts in the room rates so vacationers can budget more accurately. “These fees can cost you up to $90 a night at hotels that aren’t even resorts,” Biden said.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/movies/biden-wants-ban-junk-fees-050900177.html

Let me guess, you'll still claim it's all Biden's fault.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/05/investing/credit-card-late-fees-biden/index.html
Thais if he can get congress to act on it. Just like he is/was trying to get congress to do on the junk fees Eve was talking about. I have mo idea why you think a president is a dictator. No wait, I do......

In his State of the Union address Tuesday, President Joe Biden touted his administration’s efforts to crack down on so-called “junk fees,” or charges that raise the prices of items like concert tickets, hotel rooms and internet service.

“Americans are tired of being played for suckers,” Biden said.

He urged Congress to require online ticket sellers to disclose the full costs upfront, eliminate cancellation penalties for phone and web services and ban fees that airlines charge for families to sit together and that hotels tack on for being resorts. Biden also said his administration will require airlines to disclose full ticket prices upfront and push banks to reduce “excessive” credit card late fees.

“Junk fees may not matter to the very wealthy, but they matter to most folks in homes like the one I grew up in,” Biden said. “They add up to hundreds of dollars a month.”

He pointed to the Junk Fee Prevention Act, a proposal he wants Congress to pass that would crack down on four types of the practice:

Entertainment Fees

These are the service charges, processing fees, delivery fees and facility fees that online ticket sellers charge, which often add significant expense to the cost to attend events. In a nod to the public outcry over the botched sale of Taylor Swift concert tickets, Biden’s proposal notes a lack of competition in the industry leading to companies charging fees with impunity. It urges Congress to ban excessive fees, require charges to be disclosed in the ticket price and mandate sellers disclose any ticket holdbacks that reduce the available supply.

Airline Fees

No airline guarantees free family seating. To bring transparency to families faced with unexpected fees to sit with their children, the Department of Transportation will publish a dashboard of the charges and work to ban them. The proposal asks Congress to fast-track the prohibition process.

Termination Fees

Charges for ending mobile phone, wireless or cable TV services undermine competition in the market, Biden said. His administration called for the Federal Communications Commission to limit these fees in 2021, and now urges Congress to eliminate them in the name of “economic dynamism.”

Resort Fees

The Biden administration wants hotels to include the surprise fees they charge for being resorts in the room rates so vacationers can budget more accurately. “These fees can cost you up to $90 a night at hotels that aren’t even resorts,” Biden said.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/movies/biden-wants-ban-junk-fees-050900177.html

Let me guess, you'll still claim it's all Biden's fault.

This is from a year ago, along with his lies. Still paying junk fees.
Credit card late fees capped at $8 as part of Biden crackdown on junk fees
Matt Egan
By Matt Egan, CNN
4 minute read
Updated 5:21 PM EST, Tue March 5, 2024

CNN

Federal regulators finalized a rule on Tuesday to cap most credit card late fees at $8 as part of a broader push by the Biden administration to eliminate junk fees.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimates the new regulation, first proposed in February 2023, will save families more than $10 billion a year by cutting fees from an average of $32.

The new rule applies to large credit card issuers – those with more than 1 million accounts. These companies represent more than 95% of total outstanding credit card debt, according to the CFPB.

The new push to target credit card fees comes as the White House aims to show it is taking action to help families hurting from the high cost of living. The CFPB also proposed a rule in January that would curb excessive overdraft fees.

It also comes as Americans continue to pile on credit card debt, which recently exceeded a record $1.1 trillion. Some borrowers, especially Millennials and those with lower incomes, have been falling behind on their credit card debt following more than two years of high inflation.

More than 45 million people are charged late fees on credit cards each year, according to the CFPB. Those individuals will now save an average of $220 per year, regulators say.

The new rule aims to close a 2010 loophole the CFPB says has been “exploited” by credit card companies, allowing them to jack up fees on borrowers who made late payments.

“For over a decade, credit card giants have been exploiting a loophole to harvest billions of dollars in junk fees from American consumers,” CFPB Director Rohit Chopra said in a statement. “Todays’ rule ends the era of big credit card companies hiding behind the excuse of inflation when they hike fees on borrowers to boost their own bottom lines.”

The financial industry slammed the CFPB, warning the new regulation will hurt consumers by causing more people to pay late, damaging their credit scores.

“Today’s announcement is a prime example of how the CFPB has been politicized, and how its regulatory actions promote rhetoric over analysis and data,” Greg Baer, CEO of the Bank Policy Institute, a bank trade group, said in a statement. He added that the CFPB puts “perceived short-term political gain over long-term benefits of consumers.”

Chamber of Commerce vows to fight
The US Chamber of Commerce went a step further, saying it will “imminently” file a lawsuit against the CFPB to prevent the “misguided and harmful” regulation from taking effect.

“Once again, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has exceeded its authority,” Neil Bradley, chief policy officer at the Chamber, said in a statement. “The agency’s final credit card late fee rule punishes Americans who pay their credit card bill on time by forcing them to pay for those who don’t.”

The CFPB declined to comment on the threatened lawsuit from the Chamber.

However, Sam Gilford, a CFPB spokesperson, told CNN that when the rule was first proposed last year the agency received thousands of “overwhelmingly” positive comments from the public. “Today’s rule closes a longstanding loophole abused by credit card giants to turn late fees into a major revenue stream,” Gilford said.

The CFPB said in its statement that the new rule will take effect 60 days after it’s published in the Federal Register. The CFPB spokesperson told CNN that the agency expects to publish the rule in the Federal Register in a few weeks. That puts the rule on track to take effect June 1.

Analysts were surprised by the speedy plans from regulators to implement the brand-new rule.

“This is a few months faster than we expected. We believe it is intended to expedite litigation,” Jaret Seiberg, financial services analyst at TD Cowen Washington Research Group, said in a note to clients.

If Biden wins reelection, Seiberg said a court fight over the credit card rule could eventually reach the Supreme Court, where he believes the CFPB “has an edge.”

Ed Mills, Washington policy analyst at Raymond James, said the way the CFPB designed the rule has eliminated “several strong potential legal arguments” the industry could have used to fight it.

“We are overall skeptical that the industry will be successful in overturning the rule,” Mills said in a note to clients.

‘Government working for the people’
The ban on excessive credit card late fees is expected to be showcased by the White House later on Tuesday when President Joe Biden convenes his Competition Council. The White House said the council will detail steps aimed at “fighting corporate rip-offs.”

Some consumer advocates are praising the new credit card regulations as a way to help vulnerable families.

“It’s simply unfair to impose a steep late fee penalty that far exceeds the credit card company’s costs, especially when someone is just a few hours or a couple of days late making their payment,” Chuck Bell, advocacy program director at Consumer Reports, said in a statement. He described the new rule as “reasonable” and a way to make a “real difference.”

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Democrat from Massachusetts, cheered the move from the CFPB.

“These junk fees are designed to boost Wall Street profits at the expense of working people,” Warren said in a post on X. “This is government working for the people, not the big banks.”
Biden: "I'm president for all Americans"

After spending the last hour dividing the country. Speech seemed more like a campaign rally than a state of the union. Congress on both sides were acting like douchebags. They all need to shutup. Embarassing. I'm surprised a fight didn't break out.
This is from a year ago, along with his lies. Still paying junk fees.

Last year is exactly when you said he claimed he would put an end to those junk fees you talked about. I'm sorry you're not smart enough to figure out congress had to pass the bill. Thoughts and prayers.
Originally Posted by Squires

After spending the last hour dividing the country. Speech seemed more like a campaign rally than a state of the union. Congress on both sides were acting like douchebags. They all need to shutup. Embarassing. I'm surprised a fight didn't break out.

MTG certainly tried to start one. Dressed like she was at a trump rally and acting like she was at one too.

The thing that stood out most to me is when Biden called for an end to political violence. In response not a single Republican member so much as clapped. Sometime what you don't do speaks volumes.
If anyone stood up and interrupted trump’s state of the union and started yelling and mocking him, they’d be beaten and dragged out of the chambers
Sleepy Joe looked pretty animated last night. No doubt his candor and delivery was a big goal to combat a lot of the recent gaffes and reports, but I think he did himself a favor last night. I mentioned earlier somewhere in this forum that he needs to call back to the personality he had when he debated Paul Ryan, and I think he did that. Now whether that will be sustainable for the rest of the calendar year is the big question.

He also hit on the points that apply to the undecideds and the middle (IVF, RvW, etc), which I think is where Britt struggled.

I know Trump said he was going to do a play-by-play, but I didn't see anything on that front. Not sure what he put out, if anything.
Not sure what he put out, if anything.

Trump only demands that others put out. Didn't you see the E. Jean Carrol verdict? naughtydevil
Originally Posted by Squires

MTG certainly tried to start one. Dressed like she was at a trump rally and acting like she was at one too.

The thing that stood out most to me is when Biden called for an end to political violence. In response not a single Republican member so much as clapped. Sometime what you don't do speaks volumes.

"It's a good thing MTG isn't running for president."

Where have I heard that before??

Since this is framed that Republicans want political violence, what did they clap for?

I do like the way you stretched a three word sentence into 11 for effect though. I would have gone a bit further: In response not a single fascist Republican member so much as clapped. They just sat there seething. Fire in their eyes and a certain anger in their hearts. The feeling of hatred in the room was palpable. I felt a tingling as the hairs on my arms straightened, it was then that I realized that they won't rest until violence is a reality.
Sleepy Joe looked pretty animated last night. No doubt his candor and delivery was a big goal to combat a lot of the recent gaffes and reports, but I think he did himself a favor last night. I mentioned earlier somewhere in this forum that he needs to call back to the personality he had when he debated Paul Ryan, and I think he did that. Now whether that will be sustainable for the rest of the calendar year is the big question.

He also hit on the points that apply to the undecideds and the middle (IVF, RvW, etc), which I think is where Britt struggled.

I know Trump said he was going to do a play-by-play, but I didn't see anything on that front. Not sure what he put out, if anything.

Joe pretty much nailed it. Most of his gaffes (for lack of a better word) were drowned out by the fact that he was talking soooo fast. Almost like 2016 Trump and Tweeting -- no time to even get outraged by one tweet because there are already five more posted. 🤣

Although he had ample rehearsal time and even consulted with several actors, it was well crafted, and well delivered.

Maybe this will have him insisting he's ready to debate!

If we have to suffer four more years of either of these bozos, at least give us some soap opera style TV on the way. rofl
Yeah, the one part that made me cringe - and he caught it too - was talking about flying to Toronto, Switzerland (I think), and the Moscow (????????). Yeesh...

I figured there would be a couple of those, though.

I imagine the debates, if they even have them, will be like watching a train wreck, incredibly amusing, horrifyingly sad and scary, or a combination of all those.

Perhaps they shouldn't have any debates and have both of them do a decathlon.
"It's a good thing MTG isn't running for president."

Where have I heard that before??

If you changed the word president for "elected official" that would be much better. I know what you're referring to and Hunter has never even ran for election much less been elected. I see you wish to dismiss such facts. But I do understand why you feel the need to compare MTG to a drug addict in order to excuse her behavior. On the surface she could be confused for one.

Since this is framed that Republicans want political violence, what did they clap for?

Who framed it that way and how did Biden frame it that way in his speech? You either support political violence or you don't.

I would have gone a bit further: In response not a single fascist Republican member so much as clapped. They just sat there seething. Fire in their eyes and a certain anger in their hearts. The feeling of hatred in the room was palpable. I felt a tingling as the hairs on my arms straightened, it was then that I realized that they won't rest until violence is a reality.

If that's the way you choose to frame it so be it. From the sounds of it you may have a better grasp on who and what they are than I do. I framed it the way it happened. Sorry that bothers you so much. But hey, I'm used to people using hyperbole to excuse poor behavior.

Sad.

It is entertaining though... especially the trash-ass racist always calling everyone racist. rofl

You know damn well what MAGA is… and I know you are not saying I’m a racist, so you must be off your meds again.

Sad.

You know damn well what MAGA is… and I know you are not saying I’m a racist, so you must be off your meds again.

Didn't call you racist, bubby. I was talking about the racist on the panel. The one that would insist a flat tire was racist if it happened on MLK Blvd.
#sametiredassnarratives
You can say that again. Everything that comes out of Joy Reid's mouth is some far-fetched conspiracy about "racist!!".
She's far too left for me if that's the point you're trying to make here.
Protest is great, if you're on the right side. You can even destroy [censored], we'll make excuses for you and tell you it's all right.

If you're on the wrong side... and boo?? It's obviously time for some re-education.

"They should understand that BITS is gathering video and identifying members brought discredit to the department. We want the members to come forward. They will come to HQ to be educated why their behavior is unacceptable."

"... it will be better for them if they come forward and we don't have to hunt them down."

What planet am I living on???

rofl
Hilarious, isn't it?

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime."

They should probably just send these firefighters to work camps. It will be a great deterrent for any others that choose to open their filthy mouths.
You are very easily triggered. We all know Vivek Ramaswamy is someone we should all be listening to. rofl

Somehow you have climbed down the rabbit hole with a man that claims "educated" means punished.
It has nothing to do with VR.

Another topic COMPLETELY over your head.

ooo << That's my surprised face.
They will come to HQ to be educated why their behavior is unacceptable."

It appears as though what's flown over your head is what the word educated means. It seems as though you consider that punishment. But I get that.
Yes. I don't know what I was thinking, comrade.

Re-education is doubleplusgood.
Comrade? You mean like trump saying he will help gift Ukraine to Russia and alike how the far right of the GOP are doing that now? That kind of comrade?

Many people need to be educated about what's going on. A grad jury was given the definition of what constitutes these crimes. Based on that he was indicted. They somehow believe the BS that this is all some kind of plot out to get trump. So yes, someone should educate them on what the charges are, what constitutes such crimes and that as such trump is not a victim. It appears as though a lot of other people need to be educated about that too.
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]
Buh-bye

You and your circle-jerk can go back to your regularly scheduled Trump-a-thon.
That's how things work when you trust your crystal balls. All fluff with no substance. I didn't bring up the word comrade. But since you did. rofl
Would you listen to:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...d-after-booing-letitia-james/ar-BB1jEf5Y

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...booing-letitia-james-trump-b2510290.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fdny-tells-firefighters-protest-own-142006143.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

There's a whole lot more, too.
You seem to miss the part where the claim was that "they would be punished". I never claimed they weren't trying to identify who they were. And in one of your sources the point made was they shouldn't be using company time to be making political statements. So what was your point again?
As opposed to cuckoo Republicans and what they have become?
That brings up another point: Why is NYC paying firemen/people to go to a speech?

Also, what does "educate" them mean?
I guess you've missed it, but often times firefighters and police go to assemblies, meetings and speeches of city officials in uniform. And not just in New York City but in towns and cities across the country. And while in uniform they are representing their city in their official capacity. As such they are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is civil and in no way embarrasses the city or its officials.

There is a clear definition for the word educate. I don't feel the need to post the definition of the word educate to a grow man such as yourself. There is also a definition for the word punish. If you look them both up you'll quickly see they are nothing close to the same. I think a logical conclusion would be they need to be educated that what they did is not proper conduct while they are in uniform representing the city.

I realize that in todays society a certain number of people think it's socially acceptable for everyone to act like MTG at the at the State of the Union Address but that's simply not so. When you're representing your city or your company there are certain guidelines and conduct you are expected to maintain. Shocking concept I know.

Now if on their day off if they wish to put on their NRA T-shirt, their MAGA hat and golden sneakers and go boo a public speaker or go to a trump rally and rant, I'm pretty sure that's not a problem. Well it may be a problem but not one within the nature of their employment.

But you see, when all anyone is doing is looking through a microscope to push a warped agenda and not at the bigger picture, they can't see the big picture. They think that there's something nefarious when a city doesn't want their employees in uniform not to act like idiots in public.
You can say that again. Everything that comes out of Joy Reid's mouth is some far-fetched conspiracy about "racist!!".

This must be hard on your relationship.

Making fun of the MAGA cult dolts is mainstream entertainment… get with the times.
Who exactly said anything about a bloodbath?
What??

Much has been made of the bloodbath comment and it was stupid because it was taken out of context. He said a lot of dumb things and concerning things during that speech, but media outlets like MSNBC stupidly focused on that word because it’s flashy.
The thing with trump and why he gets away with saying some of the things he does, is that his speech is so tangential. He jumps mindlessly from one topic to another then back again. You never know for sure what comments are related to what topic. I listened to that speech and honestly, I have no idea what that bloodbath comment was intended to be related to. Though half the time he talks, his gibberish makes no sense. Both sides are left to interpret his comments to what fits their agenda.
Yeah that's a good observation.
Oh, the irony.....
Not sure your point.

A media talking head saying the stock market drop was a bloodbath is completely different then one of the 2 presidential candidates saying "if I am not elected it will be a bloodbath for this country". Especially coming from someone who incited the January 6th violence if not down right orchestrated and called for it.

A little thing called context is important. But then that takes critical thinking. I know it is a lot easier to lump everything together but how a word is used affects its meaning.
A little thing called context is important. But then that takes critical thinking.

Precisely.

Good thing that tweet got over 50MM views so "context" and "critical thinking" can be used in this particular case.
Originally Posted by Jester
Not sure your point.

A media talking head saying the stock market drop was a bloodbath is completely different then one of the 2 presidential candidates saying "if I am not elected it will be a bloodbath for this country". Especially coming from someone who incited the January 6th violence if not down right orchestrated and called for it.

A little thing called context is important. But then that takes critical thinking. I know it is a lot easier to lump everything together but how a word is used affects its meaning.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
jc...

In all honesty, Trump's threat of a "bloodbath" doesn't worry me...

I would gladly risk Trumps hollow threats of a "bloodbath" just to watch him and his followers suffer another asskicking at the hands of the law abiding American voters.

Trump's "bloodbath" followers would then be forced to pay the price for his "hollow threats" as they face the American justice system, just like their Jan. 6 brothers and sisters did.. losing their jobs because they were sentenced to spend time behind bars.

I have no problem watching Trump followers get conned again.

It seems he's often times taken out of context.... after the fact when he tries to explain his way around his comments. Some people keep buying it over and over and over again. Me? Not so much. Maybe they can talk themselves out of this one too and blame the democrats for taking it out of context too. It seems the only go to left they have to makes excuses for the things trump says. This was him an Vandalia, Ohio This is in context of the criminals convicted for their crimes on Jan. 6th....

Much has been made of the bloodbath comment and it was stupid because it was taken out of context. He said a lot of dumb things and concerning things during that speech, but media outlets like MSNBC stupidly focused on that word because it’s flashy.

BECAUSE these are the same dog whistles that he used leading up to the 6th. Not paying attention to it is foolish. I agree with MSNBC. Trump is a menace to society.
[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]
REpTARD memes.
It seems he's often times taken out of context.... after the fact when he tries to explain his way around his comments. Some people keep buying it over and over and over again. Me? Not so much. Maybe they can talk themselves out of this one too and blame the democrats for taking it out of context too. It seems the only go to left they have to makes excuses for the things trump says. This was him an Vandalia, Ohio This is in context of the criminals convicted for their crimes on Jan. 6th....

Yeah, see, now that was ridiculous. Ha, only about 30 minutes from where I work...great...

BECAUSE these are the same dog whistles that he used leading up to the 6th. Not paying attention to it is foolish. I agree with MSNBC. Trump is a menace to society.

I think he's a menace, too, obviously, which is I guess the driving force behind why I am now considered to be a "Libtard." I guess that's all it takes.

I think my issue with MSNBC is they try to shotgun highlight everything he does, rather than going super hard in the paint on certain points where he is blatantly menacing.

You know who did a really good job, IMHO, of framing everything from a bird's eye view was Jon Stewart on the 3/11 Daily Show last week. I think he captured my sentiments perfectly.
Jon Stewart on the 3/11 Daily Show last week.

A YouTube link to this monologue would violate this website's language policy, but It's worth finding. wink
Those writers are great. They do their homework, and drop some great lines.

Time stamp 11:41-end nails it.

"Wear the right *ing colors-"

thumbsup
This sicko has been fixated on Barron since he was 12. He's probably just a minor attracted person though.

Yeah, it's a shame when the media goes after the adult children of politicians. Maybe now that Baron is an adult he'll get a job in The White House along side Ivanka and Jared.
© DawgTalkers.net