Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/...tXmYS6OxN1BL3qB3az6Zp-YxvEg9PnIrHauODTZo

REPORT: Browns QB Deshaun Watson Could Be Facing Additional Punishment From The NFL
19 hours ago
by Darrelle Lincoln

Deshaun Watson famously had to fend off lawsuits filed by 22 women who allege that Watson sexually assaulted them during private massage sessions when he was the quarterback of the Houston Texans.

Watson’s representatives offered each woman $100,000 to settle but not all of the women agreed. Watson settled 23 of 26 sexual misconduct lawsuits.

Just when you thought things were over, more information came out this week.

Watson may be forced to add something to his offseason schedule as the lawyer for the plaintiff in a sexual misconduct lawsuit against Watson petitioned the court on Feb. 6 to force the Browns quarterback to give an in-person deposition by Aug. 1.

The plaintiff’s attorney has highlighted that the original deposition was cut short due to instructions from Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, not to answer certain questions about other cases filed against him.

According to court documents, the plaintiff seeks to compel Watson’s re-deposition to ensure proper discovery and obtain crucial answers.

"Plaintiff seeks an order from this Court compelling the re-deposition of Defendant Watson in order to propound allowable discovery and have such answers produced,” stated lawyer David Bickham in the court filing.

Watson has remained steadfast in denying all allegations against him.

Two Texas grand juries declined to indict Watson on criminal charges. Despite that, he served an 11-game suspension and paid a $5 million fine for violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.

In six starts for Cleveland after the suspension, he threw for 1,102 yards, seven touchdowns, and five interceptions.

In six games played during the 2023 season, Watson amassed 1,115 passing yards and seven touchdowns. Watson’s season ended early as he underwent season-ending surgery to repair a broken bone in his throwing shoulder.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
Please post it in Browns news.

Has nothing to do with the topic.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Excuse me your Royal Highness, I've moved the post per your command. I will add that IMHO, Watson's court issues and any NFL discipline has everything to do with the question of "how can the Browns become a SB team?" In fact, there's no less than 10 posts in this thread mentioning Watson from health to play to availability to pay. Pretty sure this news note falls within those other posts and has everything to do with the Browns becoming a Super Bowl team or at least Haslam bet 230M on that! Hey, but you do what you do,

Legend
Legend
Thanks it is Browns news.

The spirit of this thread is about how the Browns can become a SB winner.

You understand that. I know how much you enjoy news like this or anything else you can find that is negative.

That is you being you.

Legend
Legend
I can imagine how giddy and giggly he was when he found it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Yep. In the last ten days he's been scarce and only popped in to provide:

The coach firings are all a conspiracy.

We can't afford Conklin, but we're screwed if we release him... and no one will trade for him (complete with cap-hell update) .

DeShaun is going to jail.

Maybe he'll get lucky and one of our players will get in a car accident so everything doesn't have to be so damned boring!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Stay healthy, build a new stadium, get celebrities interested in the team, pay the Refs.

Nobody wins without the Refs in the modern era. You used to be able to dominate the other team into submission even with some bad Ref calls. Now the teams have so much talent almost every game comes down to who they favor.

I don't mean that in a "they pick them in a conspiracy" kinda way. That would be so complicated and messy. I just mean like how Michael Jordan got every call. The "Superstar calls" I think they're referred to in the NBA. In the NFL it's a bit trickier to earn, but totally doable over time with enough money.

Legend
Legend
This makes sense to me.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...ard-mitchell-schwartz-227286347/#2367223

Newsome is a good player. To his credit he did what the team asked him to do. But the numbers point to trading him.

He is an asset and should be leveraged in the best possible way.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
This makes sense to me.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...ard-mitchell-schwartz-227286347/#2367223

Newsome is a good player. To his credit he did what the team asked him to do. But the numbers point to trading him.

He is an asset and should be leveraged in the best possible way.

Difficult decisions to be made this off season. I agree with the article except IMHO, a late 3rd round pick might be the ceiling for Newsome at this point since he is basically only under contract for 2024. Future money wise, it again makes sense since 12M+ for the option year or a multi-year extension seems a little high for a slot corner and having Mitchel. The savings is minimal though with only $2,398,467 in salary in 2024 offset by the $1,657,955 that will be levied in dead money because of the prorated bonus money being still applied to the Browns for "kicking the can down the road" netting only $740,512 savings to the cap for unloading a 1st round pick in Newsome in 2024. Interesting to see if Berry is betting on a comp pick for Newsome if he refuses the option year allowing him to walk in 2025. Of course, that's a gamble but may be more lucrative, I just don't know.

Legend
Legend
I was thinking about a player for player trade if the right deal could be made.

A need for need deal.

Maybe a running back, linebacker, or receiver.

Or maybe a trade up in the draft to get a targeted player.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum How can the Browns become a SB team?

Link Copied to Clipboard