Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
The birds of a feather theory playing out in real life.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by FATE
There's going to be a bloodbath if he loses?

He actually said "there's going to be a bloodbath across the country" if he loses. Not a bloodbath in the auto industry. Not a bloodbath in autoworker jobs.

Words have meaning. The lack of words also has meaning. Trying to make excuses for it also has meaning.

Bloodbaths, bloodbaths, everywhere... think I'll go hide under a bed.

Pansies.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
And of course trump's buddy Putin is has been defending him. Naturally he is using the same propaganda the GOP does....

VLADIVOSTOK, Russia (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin asserted Tuesday that the criminal cases against former U.S. President Donald Trump are political revenge that show the fundamental corruption of the United States.

“As for the prosecution of Trump, for us what is happening in today’s conditions, in my opinion, is good because it shows the rottenness of the American political system, which cannot pretend to teach others democracy,” Putin said at an Eastern Economic Forum gathering in Russia’s Pacific Coast city of Vladivostok.

“Everything that is happening with Trump is the persecution of a political rival for political reasons. That’s what it is. And this is being done in front of the public of the United States and the whole world,” he said.

Opinion polls indicate that Trump is by far the strongest contender to become the Republican Party’s candidate in the 2024 presidential election. During his four years in the White House, Trump repeatedly touted having good relations with Putin, while critics alleged he was submissive to the Russian leader.

Trump has claimed he could resolve the conflict in Ukraine in a matter of days, if he regains the presidency. He has not provided details of his potential approach.

“We hear that Mr. Trump says that he will solve pressing problems in a few days, including the Ukrainian crisis. Well, this cannot but bring happiness. This is good,” Putin said.

However, the Russian leader said his country’s poor relations with the United States were unlikely to change significantly regardless of who becomes president.

“What to expect from the future, no matter who the president is, it’s hard for us to say, but it’s unlikely that anything will change radically,” Putin said. He claimed the Biden administration has instilled a strong bias against Russia and ”it will be very difficult for them to somehow turn this whole ship” in the other direction.

Russia also is due to have a presidential election in 2024. Putin hedged Tuesday when asked if he would seek another term after being in power, as president or prime minister, since 2000.

“We will talk about it” after the Russian parliament sets an election date, he said.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-vladimir-putin-donald-trump-dc89488c40360150afeeb25941bd44fc

This was in September of 2023. I wonder how long it will be before Putin joins trump on the campaign trail?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm locked and loaded. Always have been. I'm not the liberal the MAGA crowd has you convinced we all are. I'm not hiding from anybody.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sweet. You'll be marked safe when Trump takes over as dictator and imperial chancellor.

P
Legend
Legend
P
A man openly states he wants to be "dictator for a day" and you make fun of the people who take him seriously? That's a you issue and not an us issue. I think you listened to Ozzy singing Crazy Train one too many times.

Let me give you an example of how hard he has pushed the bounds when it comes to the power of the presidency. Over 90% of his deregulation presidential orders were overturned in the courts or reversed because they were going to court and they knew they would lose.

But you're not here for an actual discussion anyway.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
A man openly states he wants to be "dictator for a day" and you make fun of the people who take him seriously? That's a you issue and not an us issue. I think you listened to Ozzy singing Crazy Train one too many times.

Let me give you an example of how hard he has pushed the bounds when it comes to the power of the presidency. Over 90% of his deregulation presidential orders were overturned in the courts or reversed because they were going to court and they knew they would lose.

But you're not here for an actual discussion anyway.

I'm not here for actual discussion?

Every fact, most that you're fully aware of, have to be explained to y'all like you're 4... then you argue them or move the goalposts.

Why did he say "dictator for one day"? Or do you want to play martyr with your tail between your legs and cry "words have meaning"... after they've been stripped of all meaning and context by the 'victim'.

P
Legend
Legend
P
To avoid the courts overturning his decisions. That's why most people want to be a dictator. I've never played the martyr. That's a figment of your imagination. It is however my goal to help stop trump from being president again. He has shown who he is, he has tried to overthrow the 2020 election. He has done everything in his power to sew social unrest in my country. I find him to be a danger to democracy as we have known it.

And for the most part none of it is about me. My time on this earth is shorter than most. My wife and I are too old to have children and actually none of our children have ever chosen to have an abortion. So the abortion issue isn't about me. We have a nice home and plenty to eat with no danger of running out or going hungry. So poverty isn't about me. Most political topics in general will have very little impact on my life or the way I live my life.

But what I find disturbing is people defending a man who has turned on everyone who has stood up to him. Anyone and everyone who has disagreed with him. Using put downs and name calling like an eight year old. Even his former friends and people he chose to work for him. He has called immigrants animals and said they are not human. Former high appointed officials who have worked side by side with him have warned the public just how dangerous he is. Life time republicans like Liz Cheney who is FAR more conservative than trump could ever dream of being have given up their careers for doing the right thing.

What we have and are witnessing before our very eyes is undeniable. It's not a question of understanding what he means or what he meant. Is there actually any reason or excuse for wanting to be dictator for a day? That goes against every principal of democracy no matter your reasoning for it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Not gonna lie, i thought it was really clear he used the term in relations to the auto industry and china. i dont agree with his take, but the term itself is a nothing burger.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You ignored the question again. I'll help you out with the context, it's really not that hard if you pull your head out of the sand...

“You’re not going to be a dictator, are you?’.

Trump replied, “No, no, no. Other than Day One’ We’re closing the border, and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator.”

But you want to use one word, even after he clearly gives you all the evidence you need that he's simply using it as a figure of speech, as evidence of the opposite.

That is mad whack.

AND it is the #1 reason why he's leading in the polls. All of you with TDS are giving your very best effort to get him elected. You somehow fail to see the reality of endorsing hoax after hoax after hoax. It would be comical if it weren't so sad.

Legend
Legend
I thought the polls were rigged?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
The odd part of that is you actually believe the reasons he gave since it has been proven he is a habitual liar. The U.S. is producing more oil now than at any time when trump was president. We are currently producing more oil than any nation has ever. Something he purposefully tries to act like isn't happening. I'm sorry you still believe the president has or even should have the power of a king.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Swish

Only when they show trump is losing. Haven't you been paying attention?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The odd part of that is you actually believe the reasons he gave since it has been proven he is a habitual liar. The U.S. is producing more oil now than at any time when trump was president. We are currently producing more oil than any nation has ever. Something he purposefully tries to act like isn't happening. I'm sorry you still believe the president has or even should have the power of a king.

I'm sorry you have to move the goalposts on every subject in the history of DT and have never owned up or answered to anyone making a point or presenting facts.

Your circle jerk will be along soon. Have a jolly 'ole day of agreeing on everything, no matter how absurd.

Legend
Legend

I said polls are rigged? Or just a one-liner to detract from the point being made. Either way, I suspect you don't really want an answer.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I'm sorry you have to move the goalposts on every subject in the history of DT and have never owned up or answered to anyone making a point or presenting facts.

Your circle jerk will be along soon. Have a jolly 'ole day of agreeing on everything, no matter how absurd.

Absurdity is believing a habitual liar and then blaming someone else for pointing that out. Absurdity is thinking that any reason is an excuse for an American president to claim he wants to be a dictator if even for only a day. Did a Russian bot take over your Dawg Talk account?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

I said polls are rigged? Or just a one-liner to detract from the point being made. Either way, I suspect you don't really want an answer.

Just a legitimate one.... for a change.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ex-Trump aide Peter Navarro reports to prison

Navarro is the second former Trump aide to be charged with contempt of Congress. Steve Bannon was also convicted but remains free pending an appeal.

Former Trump White House senior official Peter Navarro reported to a federal prison in Miami Tuesday after being sentenced to four months behind bars for contempt of Congress.

Navarro was convicted in September 2023 of defying a Congressional subpoena for documents related to the House investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, riots at the U.S. Capitol, and for refusing to appear for a deposition. His effort to appeal the case and avoid prison time was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Prosecutors accused Navarro of acting "above the law" by refusing to comply with the House investigation. Meanwhile, an attorney for Navarro argued that he wasn't deliberately refusing to cooperate, but had asked lawmakers to ask Trump what materials may be protected under executive privilege, something investigators did not do.

Navarro is the second former Trump aide to be charged with contempt of Congress. Steve Bannon has also been convicted on the same charges and sentenced to four months in prison, but has remained free pending an appeal.

Navarro has continued to be a staunch supporter of Trump, backing his reelection efforts. The former senior trade adviser even wrote a book about how Trump can return to power.

https://www.kristv.com/ex-trump-aide-peter-navarro-reports-to-prison

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm locked and loaded. Always have been. I'm not hiding from anybody.

what does this even mean?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

It means that underneath all that Chicken Little paranoia of a Trump dictatorship is a Billy Badass armed to the teeth yelling "come get some". Sound familiar?

P
Legend
Legend
P
It means I am no different from you and that this BS liberal snowflake image you help perpetuate is just that. BS.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

It means that I too have an will exercise my second amendment rights and and protect my country against all threats foreign and domestic. Not because I'm a bad ass but because it's my Patriotic duty. And that unlike this faux image of everyone that disagrees with trumpians being snowflakes is just some BS some of you have bought into like the sheeple you have become.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I think it's funny to watch some of y'all become the "mouth breathers" you made fun of for years.

Now standing on your front porch... "Come get some!" rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've never said anything otherwise. Everyone has the right to bear arms. So is it now something bad to exercise my rights? Or is it publicly saying that I will exercise my rights that has your panties in a bunch? You must have me confused with someone else. I've never been opposed to people defending our nation against threats to our democracy foreign or domestic. Nowhere did I imply "come and get some". Of course I'm not surprised you don't comprehend the difference between that and not hiding.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Moms for Liberty Co-Founder Sues to Keep Police Docs in Rape Probe Secret

The “parental rights” activist’s hubby, Christian Ziegler, was accused of raping their threesome partner. Now the couple filed a lawsuit to destroy texts obtained by police.

Moms for Liberty co-founder Bridget Ziegler and her husband are suing Sarasota police and prosecutors to stop the release of records related to his rape probe.

Last October, cops began investigating Ziegler’s husband, Christian, after the MAGA power couple’s threesome partner accused him of sexual assault. After local news outlet the Florida Trident published the claims, Christian Ziegler lost his job as Florida’s Republican Party chairman and Bridget Ziegler was let go from the conservative leadership institute.

Authorities ultimately decided against charging Christian Ziegler with rape and video voyeurism, but the sex scandal underscored the hypocrisy of the Zieglers’ family values persona—one critics have called anti-LGBTQ—while engaging in bisexual activity.

According to the couple’s lawsuit filed Friday, the release of records from the Sarasota Police Department (SPD) and State Attorney’s Office (SAO) would “cause great humiliation and harm to their individual reputations.” The Zieglers are asking Sarasota County court to bar the release of records and “order the permanent destruction” of any text messages.

The complaint, first reported by the Trident, says cops executed search warrants on Christian Ziegler’s cellphone that didn’t limit investigators to a specific time period or to communications with his accuser. Instead, it included all text messages, call logs, images and video, web browser history, and emails.

One warrant gave police “unfettered access to the entire contents of Christian Ziegler’s cell phone,” the complaint states. “To say that someone’s entire life is contained on one’s cell phone is an understatement.”

Both SPD and SAO have received public records requests “seeking the entirety” of what was uncovered in the warrants, the filing says. “The Zieglers are concerned that other individuals and media outlets will most likely make, or have already made, similar public records requests with either SPD or the SAO now that the investigation has concluded.”

The complaint warns that cops and prosecutors could release “the entirety of Christian Ziegler’s web browsing history,” full-text conversations with his wife, “the video of Christian Ziegler and his accuser engaging in sexual intercourse,” and all other data and media that police obtained from his phone. (Christian Ziegler provided police with a video of himself and the victim as part of the investigation, arguing their encounter was consensual.)

“The Zieglers seek to preclude the release and publication of any of the above-mentioned materials before SPD or the SAO release them pursuant to any active public records request,” the suit continues, adding that releasing the materials would be a violation of the couple’s rights to privacy guaranteed by the Florida constitution.

As The Daily Beast reported, Christian Ziegler was accused of raping a longtime friend who’d previously had a threesome with him and his wife.

The woman told police that she made plans for a ménage à trois with the couple on Oct. 2 but canceled when she learned Bridget Ziegler couldn’t make it. She claimed Christian Ziegler showed up at her apartment anyway and assaulted her while she was too intoxicated to consent.

She told detectives “that Ziegler assaulted her in her house, but no one will believe her because of who he is.” One officer noted in a report that the woman “seemed very fearful of Ziegler by the way she was talking.”

Police records released this year revealed some of the Zieglers’ text messages wherein they discussed the victim and potentially hunted for other sex partners—along with a file found on Christian Ziegler’s phone labeled “THE LIST” that included a roster of women’s names. (The accuser was found under a subhead titled “[censored].”)

In February 2021, Christian Ziegler texted his wife that his accuser “was an alcoholic, nice person with some issues.” Bridget Ziegler replied that the woman seemed to be “going through some [censored]” and “that she prefers confident empowered people,” according to the documents.

“I just don’t want to feel like we ever take advantage of anyone (I know it’s always been consensual) but she seems... ‘broken’ or like she’s going through some (expletive),” Bridget Ziegler later added. “I don’t know—that’s the vibe I pick up from her—and my nature is more likely to help her versus… ya know.”

Christian Ziegler then suggested they “needed to hunt for someone new.”

Since the scandal broke, Bridget Ziegler has resisted residents’ repeated calls for her resignation from the Sarasota County School Board.

She pushed back on critics during a board meeting earlier this month, claiming they’d mischaracterized her policies, including the state’s “Don’t Say Gay” law. She blamed LGBTQ rights group Equality Florida for causing “unnecessary fear.”

“There is a lot of intentional fearmongering,” Bridget Ziegler told the crowd, adding, “but if you want to talk about fear, it is because there is [sic] a lot of headlines out there that are filled with false narratives.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bridg...kY9dq_8sRZm8mlIdYeCFT_YsTDaDxF2n7pPDT-sE

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The precedent has been set … Rapists on the SCOTUS. Rapists in the WH. Rapists on the school board. Rapists need protected. Women have no reproductive rights. So the Rapist gets protected and the victims live with the consequences for the rest of their lives. Pffft GOPer SCOTUS. notallthere

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

I think it's funny to watch some of y'all become the "mouth breathers" you made fun of for years.

Lol BS dude. You come at me or my family at my house and you’re eating buckshot bro. Has been that way all my life. Get off the partisan catch phrase that liberals aren’t packing. We just don’t bragg on our guns or like the gun porn you GOPers do.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

Lol BS dude. You come at me or my family at my house and you’re eating buckshot bro. Has been that way all my life. Get off the partisan catch phrase that liberals aren’t packing. We just don’t bragg on our guns or like the gun porn you GOPers do.

You should just talk to your cat. 90% of your posts aren't even worthy of an adult message board. Pit brought up guns to play tough guy. To use your words, he basically "bragged on his guns" and inferred that he may need them, and won't hesitate, once Trump's Bloodbath arrives.

As if that's not enough fantasy-land cartoon ish, now you say i'm on a "partisan catch phrase that liberals aren’t packing", when I've never said a word about that.

Strike two.

You suck at this. You don't even deserve a third pitch. Sit down before you fall down.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Speaking of not being worthy of an adult message board. Now saying I will exercise my second amendment rights doesn't make me a tough guy. Saying I will defend my right as a Patriot to defend my country does not make me a tough guy. Only in an idiotic world could someone twist it into that. I must be being "too America" for you.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You suck at this. You don't even deserve a third pitch. Sit down before you fall down.

Says the man who has fallen and he can't get up. You have turned into Eve.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Nah, I want a real answer.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Legend
Legend

Says the man who has fallen and he can't get up. You have turned into Eve.

Ouch.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not the fall that hurts. It's the landing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yep folks.

Were at that part of the day where Pit@Dawgtalkers just starts reading [censored] from fortune cookies.

P
Legend
Legend
P
In your case sometimes it's unfortunate cookies. And as it pertains to you we are at the $#!+ throwing stage of the day. In hopes you'll get lucky and something will stick.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

You ignored the question again. I'll help you out with the context, it's really not that hard if you pull your head out of the sand...

Trump replied, “No, no, no. Other than Day One’ We’re closing the border, and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator.”

But you want to use one word, even after he clearly gives you all the evidence you need that he's simply using it as a figure of speech, as evidence of the opposite.

That is mad whack.

AND it is the #1 reason why he's leading in the polls. All of you with TDS are giving your very best effort to get him elected. You somehow fail to see the reality of endorsing hoax after hoax after hoax. It would be comical if it weren't so sad.

Again, look at the people running for Senate in Ohio. They were literally fighting in ads over who has MORE of Trump's endorsement than the other. No platform in the ads other than that and maybe a slight reference to the border. That, to me, is TDS.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05

That is mad whack.

Again, look at the people running for Senate in Ohio. They were literally fighting in ads over who has MORE of Trump's endorsement than the other. No platform in the ads other than that and maybe a slight reference to the border. That, to me, is TDS.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with the Trump dictator hoax. I guess you're just saying we have different definitions of TDS?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, sorry, I probably should have led with that. Yesterday was a crazy day for me and my brain was shot. I think I just keep seeing TDS everywhere, and I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, given what I said earlier about networks like MSNBC, but I think it works in both directions. To me, the more damaging version is the one that has this odd cult-like factor to it as exemplified via the ads we saw. I really hold true to my core that people don't take this type of stuff seriously enough. It strikes me as one of those things where time away from his administration has somehow dulled some universal impressions of how bad he was.

I can belabor that point way further, but to get to what you actually talked about, here is the quote I remember and just found again, which largely matches what you had, but with reference to Hannity asking the question:

“We love this guy,” Trump said of Hannity. “He says, ‘You’re not going to be a dictator, are you?’ I said: ‘No, no, no, other than day one. We’re closing the border, and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator.’”

Maybe if that had been an isolated phrase, it would not be concerning, but again, when you combine that with the larger picture, you have guys like John Kelly, Trump's former chief of staff, who quoted Trump as saying "Well, but Hitler did some good things."

The guy also has formed close relationships with people like Viktor Orban and had 27 "love letters" between him and Kim Jong Un.

The guy also ran rough shod over his own cabinet. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many of his former cabinet members who would speak highly of his ability to collaborate and resist his worst impulses.

There's a lot more to reference, but that quote of his, in the greater context of a lot of other smoke, is not as benign as taking it in isolation might make it seem, to me at least.

If he wins again, I highly doubt he would formulate a cabinet that would keep him in check, much as what happened last time. That's another frightful premise in addition to his quotes, including the one above.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That is mad whack.

Fate, let me get your predictions on things dictators/wannabe dictators would do:

1, If trump loses 2024 to Biden, do you think he will or won't try to orchestrate another January 6th like incident?

2, If he does win, do you think he will or won't try to change the law to get rid of the 8 year presidential term limit? Or he will claim that because his 8 years in office were not consecutive that he deserves another 4 yers?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
“Dictator hoax”. Lol…You know he wants to move like Putin. No hoax about it.

– Jackie Robinson
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Republicans-still at it-again

Link Copied to Clipboard