Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
FACTS are only rhetoric when you want to ignore the truth.

AKA "Wednesday".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2065314 04/10/24 01:22 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I stated a fact. Just not the fact you wanted to hear. Yes, that's a typical Wednesday.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
the only 2 fact that matters...

The annual inflation rate for the United States was 3.5% for the 12 months ending March.

FOMC's target is 2%.

Logical Assumption-
It is now more likely we will see an interest rate increase of .25% before we see a reduction.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
For years you have claimed there will be a major recession. I think that's another fact that matters when people read your opinions on the future of our economy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hell yea! I like hoarding cash in high yield savings accounts right now. Easy gains to help fund future home projects.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I stated a fact. Just not the fact you wanted to hear. Yes, that's a typical Wednesday.

You brought up a "fact" without the context. When someone brings up the context, you pretend it doesn't exist. Yes, that's a typical post.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure you have a grasp on what was said. The predicted rate increase was 0.3%. That was stated in the original source. That was the context from the very beginning. I simply stated that it increased by 0.1% more than that. The context was already set and I expounded on what that meant in real time. Sorry you missed that.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure you have a grasp on what was said. The predicted rate increase was 0.3%. That was stated in the original source. That was the context from the very beginning. I simply stated that it increased by 0.1% more than that. The context was already set and I expounded on what that meant in real time. Sorry you missed that.

Your revisionist history skills are mind numbing.

Plus, I didn't think one had to look at the "source" to comment on it when using your method. I thought it was your practice to not read sources and just comment on specific things out of context that you wanted to. I also don't think expound or "real time" mean what you think they mean. You posted one sentence on a message board. (How can one simple sentence be systemic and/or detailed?) Nor do I think context is something that can be set. Context can and does change. You aren't the arbiter of "context."

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It does appear that can contxt be changed because you're doing that right now. What you thought was "my practice" is not my practice. That's what is known as projection. As per usual your double talk doesn't change anything. The inflation increase rose by 0.1% over what was predicted. None of that is revisionist history.

I've never seen people try so hard to dispute factual information. Well I take that back. It's becoming more and more common these days.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It does appear that can contxt be changed because you're doing that right now. What you thought was "my practice" is not my practice. That's what is known as projection. As per usual your double talk doesn't change anything. The inflation increase rose by 0.1% over what was predicted. None of that is revisionist history.

I've never seen people try so hard to dispute factual information. Well I take that back. It's becoming more and more common these days.

So you're claiming you didn't ignore the link earlier?

Previously you claimed you didn't need to read it in order to answer a question related to it. You pull that cherry picking and ignoring context act all the time. ("your practice")

How can my alleged "double talk" not change anything when your first sentence said I changed something? You make no sense. Where is the "double talk?"

No one is disputing the information. It just seems that your use of information is exceedingly poor. You seem to tend to bring water is wet quality "analysis" and "discussion."

Telling us "water is wet" (Inflation rose by 0.1% o/e) over and over again is asinine.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

36 months at over 3% = worst since we began tracking in 1913... and still rising.

Last edited by FATE; 04/10/24 04:48 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I feel there will be a recession.

Legend
Legend
No way. Impossible.

The Biden Admin will just change the definition of recession... again.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

FATE #2065373 04/10/24 05:56 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
And I can guarantee regardless of when it happens, the same suspects on here will blame Trump while biden will get a free ride.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
And I can guarantee regardless of when it happens, the same suspects on here will blame Trump while biden will get a free ride.

Usually the sitting president takes the blame on these things. But I don’t expect your chicken little brain can comprehend that.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

Previously you claimed you didn't need to read it in order to answer a question related to it. You pull that cherry picking and ignoring context act all the time. ("your practice")

How can my alleged "double talk" not change anything when your first sentence said I changed something? You make no sense. Where is the "double talk?"

No one is disputing the information. It just seems that your use of information is exceedingly poor. You seem to tend to bring water is wet quality "analysis" and "discussion."

Telling us "water is wet" (Inflation rose by 0.1% o/e) over and over again is asinine.

The source was in reference to how inflation increased more than expected last month. I stated how much more than expected last month. From that point on you and FATE went on tangents that had nothing to do with last months inflation increase. Don't blame me you can't stay on point.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
j/c

I feel there will be a recession.

Super has been feeling that way for years now.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wait, I thought all you conservatives were educated and had great jobs and careers? Inflation doesn’t even affect you guys like that. Always whining bout stuff you don’t even experience.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Next think you know they'll be saying "What abut the poor people?"

After decades of not caring about poor people.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

The source was in reference to how inflation increased more than expected last month. I stated how much more than expected last month. From that point on you and FATE went on tangents that had nothing to do with last months inflation increase. Don't blame me you can't stay on point.

Pit pens 25 posts telling us inflation was not as bad as the experts said it would be.

But talking about how bad it actually is = "going off on a tangent".

We must all learn to talk only about what the great and powerful Pit wants to talk about. Abide!!

Yo Pit -- you should probably make a call to Wall Street and tell them to get their heads out of their butts. rofl

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

FATE #2065442 04/11/24 12:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Pit pens 25 posts telling us inflation was not as bad as the experts said it would be.

Actually I stated it was 0.1% worse than they said it wouldld be. Another lie by the man who claims he does not lie.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's not that I can't stay on point. It's that there's no point to your point.

We're talking about a man drowning. You're telling us the water is wet. Yes, the water is wet, but what does that have to do with the fact that the guy in the water is about to die?

We're looking at the bigger picture. You're focused on an insignificant piece of it. You're super focused on it only went up a little tiny bit more than expected. We're looking at the fact that the expected amount was already high without the little bit extra. Plus, it has been high for an extended period. Expecting something to be bad and it ending up only a little bit worse than expected doesn't somehow make that thing good or not matter. Setting an awful expectation is an oft used political tactic. It doesn't change what actually happens, but it can greatly influence the surrounding narrative.

What's the point in focusing on the least significant part of the issue? It does nothing to resolve the issue. It feels like you're trying to minimize a somewhat significant issue because it reflects poorly on the group you seem to find yourself in.

I'm definitely not saying Trump would do better. I'm just saying it's probably a better idea to be honest about the issue than to pretend that it isn't an issue because it was "expected."

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I addressed the point of the article. That would be the March inflation rate. I didn't expound beyond that. Yes, I was focused on addressing what the source was referring to. Somehow I thought that was the objective when replying to a source that was posted.

If you wish to go beyond the scope of the article more power to you. But that is a different discussion. There are some negatives to the current state of the economy. There are also some positive indicators in the recovery. But that has nothing to do with the article that was posted. The inflation rate is less than half of what it was last year too. I know that doesn't fit the narrative some wish everyone else to focus on either but that is an indicator of it recovering.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

It's not that I can't stay on point. It's that there's no point to your point.

We're talking about a man drowning. You're telling us the water is wet. Yes, the water is wet, but what does that have to do with the fact that the guy in the water is about to die?

We're looking at the bigger picture. You're focused on an insignificant piece of it. You're super focused on it only went up a little tiny bit more than expected. We're looking at the fact that the expected amount was already high without the little bit extra. Plus, it has been high for an extended period. Expecting something to be bad and it ending up only a little bit worse than expected doesn't somehow make that thing good or not matter. Setting an awful expectation is an oft used political tactic. It doesn't change what actually happens, but it can greatly influence the surrounding narrative.

What's the point in focusing on the least significant part of the issue? It does nothing to resolve the issue. It feels like you're trying to minimize a somewhat significant issue because it reflects poorly on the group you seem to find yourself in.

I'm definitely not saying Trump would do better. I'm just saying it's probably a better idea to be honest about the issue than to pretend that it isn't an issue because it was "expected."

FATE #2065451 04/11/24 12:44 PM
Legend
Legend

FATE #2065452 04/11/24 12:45 PM
Legend
Legend

AKA Thursday in Pit's world.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
Wait, I thought all you conservatives were educated and had great jobs and careers? Inflation doesn’t even affect you guys like that. Always whining bout stuff you don’t even experience.

I'm pretty sure most people on both sides are "educated." Lots of overpriced pieces of paper saying that the holder is able to regurgitate what they are told exist on both sides of the aisle.

I'm also pretty sure it's the "liberals" that are currently constantly crowing about all the "great jobs" that are being added to the economy. (Conservatives do it, too when it's their turn.)

The thing about inflation is that it does affect most people irrespective of political affiliation. One might say it affects all people, a "fortunate" few are just benefitting from it.

The thing about the human condition is that people can feel empathy even if they haven't experienced precisely the same thing. Some people seem to have learned how to employ empathy more selectively than others (or not at all.)

Some people seem to whine about whining. It feels a bit hypocritical.

But, it happens. The world is a mess, and we're all products of our environments. We all get frustrated at times.

Fiercely Independent.
FATE #2065454 04/11/24 12:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I addressed the point of the article. That would be the March inflation rate. I didn't expound beyond that. Yes, I was focused on addressing what the source was referring to. Somehow I thought that was the objective when replying to a source that was posted.

If you wish to go beyond the scope of the article more power to you. But that is a different discussion. There are some negatives to the current state of the economy. There are also some positive indicators in the recovery. But that has nothing to do with the article that was posted. The inflation rate is less than half of what it was last year too. I know that doesn't fit the narrative some wish everyone else to focus on either but that is an indicator of it recovering.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You didn't address anything. You repeated an insignificant sentence. Previously you said you expounded. Now you're saying you didn't expound.

The objective when replying to a source, to me, is to add something to the conversation. Simply repeating the least interesting fact is being a parrot.

It's only a different discussion in the sense that it is actually a discussion. The article was about a facet of the economy in a thread titled "the economy..." Of course, the discussion is going to look at how what was linked and the overarching topic fit together.

It seems rather typical of you to gloss right over "some negatives." You'd much rather focus on your contrived narrative. Getting worse less terribly isn't an indicator of recovery. It's an indicator that at a certain point it's hard for a thing to get much "sicker" without killing it altogether.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The objective when replying to a source, to me, is to add something to the conversation. Simply repeating the least interesting fact is being a parrot.

What did I parrot? What I pointed out was not mentioned in the article. Explaining that the increase was 0/1% more than what was projected was adding something to the conversation. Something it appears you didn't like added. My narrative is not contrived. You just don't like to address the fact it's getting better other than to claim that's a false narrative. It seems that you're having trouble grasping that things getting better means they're improving. You do understand what the word improvement means I would hope. Improvement means progress in getting better. The fact it seems you call that a false narrative is a you problem.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What did I parrot? What I pointed out was not mentioned in the article. Explaining that the increase was 0/1% more than what was projected was adding something to the conversation. Something it appears you didn't like added. My narrative is not contrived. You just don't like to address the fact it's getting better other than to claim that's a false narrative. It seems that you're having trouble grasping that things getting better means they're improving. You do understand what the word improvement means I would hope. Improvement means progress in getting better. The fact it seems you call that a false narrative is a you problem.

You keep repeating the 0.1% over and over again while ignoring that number's insignificance to the problem of the overall inflation numbers. It was a video rather than an article. The first time you mentioned it was fine, whatever. Pretending you expounded on something while simply focusing on an essentially meaningless number over and over again was pretty parrot-like.

My problem isn't with the number. My problem is with your apparent belief that that number has some particular significance when it really says next to nothing when used in a vacuum.

Your narrative is contrived in that you seem to think that 0.1% is somehow evidence of improvement. It was 0.1% worse... than expected. Inflation went from 3.2% in February to 3.5% in March. link

Where's the improvement there?

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you not see that I posted it was "0.1 percent more than predicted"? How in anyone's twisted mind can they interpret that as "being better"? It's a factual numeric data point that it was higher than expected. Not a huge amount more, but more. That was for the month of March.

The improvement is this year over last year. Inflation is well below half of what it was last year at the current increase rates. Now can you explain how that's not improvement? It's far from being fixed. That doesn't change the fact that it's a vast improvement over last year no matter how you spin it. I'm not quite sure whose tail it is you're chasing here.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did you not see that I posted it was "0.1 percent more than predicted"? How in anyone's twisted mind can they interpret that as "being better"? It's a factual numeric data point that it was higher than expected. Not a huge amount more, but more. That was for the month of March.

The improvement is this year over last year. Inflation is well below half of what it was last year at the current increase rates. Now can you explain how that's not improvement? It's far from being fixed. That doesn't change the fact that it's a vast improvement over last year no matter how you spin it. I'm not quite sure whose tail it is you're chasing here.

Again you pick an arbitrary fact and try to tell people it means something it doesn't. Inflation has gotten worse each month this year so far. Was it even worse last year, if averaged? Sure, but that doesn't mean it is improving now. Inflation improved at the end of last year. This year it is getting worse again.

The "source" was talking about the present, but of course it is okay if you want to change the subject and go back to last year. Heaven forbid if someone else wants to move the discussion forward, but it's perfectly fine for you to "go off on a tangent" and make a comparison to a time in the past when inflation was absolutely abhorrent if it helps your narrative.

Only you are allowed to pick and choose from wherever you like rolleyes

And then you ignore anything that contradicts with your story or make up something new to argue about that no one said.

I think you're confusing yourself by chasing your own tail. I'm just sitting here in the present, I'm sure it might look like I'm chasing you as dizzy as you must make yourself while spinning around in circles.

Fiercely Independent.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Swish

I'm conservative.

I have a bachelor's degree in business.

I have a job I love. A JOB, got it? A career.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, not all conservatives are wealthy millionaires.

Inflation hits everyone. And there's no getting around that.

Whining about things I don't experience? I'm living it.

Good for all of you that aren't.

Legend
Legend
Stop complaining and pick yourself up by the bootstraps for a change.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're the one picking and choosing. In 2022 the inflation rate was 9%. It has improved greatly since that time. It seems as though you hate admitting improvement.

The "source" was talking about the present

And even more specifically the March inflation rate. So was I. But that seemed to have bothered you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Families are crushed as Biden's inflation breaks 17% Link

That link is from October, its even higher now.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems an "error occurred" in your link. It didn't say mathematical error but that would seem to be a logical conclusion. rofl

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I fixed it

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You're the one picking and choosing. In 2022 the inflation rate was 9%. It has improved greatly since that time. It seems as though you hate admitting improvement.

The "source" was talking about the present

And even more specifically the March inflation rate. So was I. But that seemed to have bothered you.

9% to 3.5% is an improvement. 3% to 3.5%, which is what it has done this year, is not an improvement. While not the abomination of last year, the inflation is still not good, and it currently has been getting worse again.

The fact didn't bother me. Your focus on .1% just didn't seem to be of much relevance to any meaningful discussion. I keep hoping for something meaningful from you. I keep being disappointed. C'est la vie.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The economy……

Link Copied to Clipboard