Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
How is that Joe Biden impeachment going? Any updates? Trump isn't the person that was sentenced today. It was someone lying for him. But I forgot for a moment that isn't the type of thing you pay attention to.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
even sarcasm has elements of truth.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Pit@Dawgtalkers says post only what he wants to talk about.

Actually, half his 60,000+ posts have exactly the same message.

It seems like it may make more sense for him to talk to himself.

Oh, wait...

Yet here you are commenting. rofl

Some people never get the message. If you mean it's about what's going on in this country and often leads in the same direction you would be correct.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
She's another person who is a plague on Washington D.C.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg

Still not fully understanding the cryptic responses.

So the "element of truth" is that taxpayer-funded media where all editors have the same political ideology is acceptable? Nobody should bat an eyelash and question that?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think to answer that question one would have to know more. Are those with a different ideology being refused employment over their political views? Of those that departed, were any of them fired or let go for inappropriate reasons? Often times people simply don't want to be around or work with people whose ideology differs from their own. Especially if they have other choices.

It seems to me you're posing a very open ended question which thus far has no context with which to draw a conclusion. The political divide and the disdain between the two parties has been growing for quite some time. I think the numbers in the source reflect that. There may be more to it than that but thus far I haven't seen anything indicated which reflects that.

It may be as simple as an Eveism. "I'm not going to work with these libtards!"

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You obviously didnt read the article.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, I most certainly did.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He did read the article. So far his comments are:

It's an opinion piece
Facts don't matter, because "Fox"
TRUMP!
Interest is trivial
TRUMP!
We should only want to talk about what he wants to

And the best... we really need to be concerned with finding out if Republicans are being refused employment -- not the fact that taxpayer funded media only reports the views of half of America. rofl

1 member likes this: EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
If they are not being refused employment or discriminated against due to their politics, they aren't there because they don't want to be there. Is that too simple of a concept for you to grasp?

You sure are having a bad day. Reality has escaped you during the entire thing.

Where did I say "interest is trivial"? Here's a clue for you, I didn't. When all you have is lies to try and prop up your posts it's a bad day for you. I've been talking about a lot of what you've wanted to. Sadly that hasn't worked out well for you either.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
If they are not being refused employment or discriminated against due to their politics, they aren't there because they don't want to be there. Is that too simple of a concept for you to grasp?

Where did I say "interest is trivial"? Here's a clue for you, I didn't. When all you have is lies to try and prop up your posts it's a bad day for you. I've been talking about a lot of what you've wanted to. Sadly that hasn't worked out well for you either.

Sure you did. You said we should be talking about "TRUMP!" instead of obsessing over something so trivial...

Isn't it funny? People going to prison and facing over 80 criminal counts and all they can do is obsess about who works at NPR.

rofl

Now you can bring out your goal posts Fate because I pointed out how you ignore things of substance while obsessing over things that are in comparison very trivial.

Did your dog type that??

E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah, I dont consider the corruption of public media "trivial".

No Craps Given
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Yeah, I dont consider the corruption of public media "trivial".

Yeah but that's nothing compared to Trump. Plus we don't know if some republicans used to work there or how many decided to quit or how many may be left handed. Plus there is only a 0.01% increase in fake news but it's not really fake news because only Fox is questioning it. Plus, you see, #racism, #pedoswithsexdolls, #trumpagain

[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

E
Legend
Legend
E
rofl

No Craps Given
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

NPR Insider shares how corrupt the libtard media is. SHAME.

Nice opinion piece.

Opinion piece with facts.

Here's one: "I found 87 registered Democrats working in editorial positions and zero Republicans."

Publicly funded media representing ONE SIDE of all stories and talking points.

I wonder what caused a respected media outlet like NPR to suddenly experience a mass exodus of Republicans from editorial positions..?

The popularity of "FACT CHECK" played a huge role in the loss of RW editorial positions.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

Nice opinion piece.

Here's one: "I found 87 registered Democrats working in editorial positions and zero Republicans."

I wonder what caused a respected media outlet like NPR to suddenly experience a mass exodus of Republicans from editorial positions..?

The popularity of "FACT CHECK" played a huge role in the loss of RW editorial positions.

You got a link for that mass exodus?

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

Nice opinion piece.

Reaaaally now.

Where did you get that little gem??

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by WooferDawg

Still not fully understanding the cryptic responses.

So the "element of truth" is that taxpayer-funded media where all editors have the same political ideology is acceptable? Nobody should bat an eyelash and question that?

Normally I try to avoid the exchanges between you and Pit. Anyway, a reasonable question is "why is that".

If you go back in time, I suspect there would have been more Republicans as editors. Probably not so much today in a hyper-partisan world where differences of opinion has morphed into differences in ideology. All of a sudden facts matter.

Since partisanship became more vogue, editors have a professional responsibility to accuracy. Also as a matter of fact, NPR has always had a liberal slant, as stated in the article. I don't listen to it much, but Ad Fontus is probably the best indicator of bias.

https://adfontesmedia.com/interactive-media-bias-chart/

Smerconish and Potus (Sirius/XM) is pretty neutral.

It used to be we could blame both parties for the nature of political discourse. Now we have facts versus Kellyanne's "Alternative Facts".

I think the data suggests that Democrats have remained about the same in terms of moderate/progressive mix, but the Republicans have fallen off the deep end, and the party as a whole has moved to the far right, and others have just become independents.

So there is an explanation, the gist is that R's have lost their marbles, and self sorted themselves out of a job at NPR, and found work at locations that are more ideological in nature.

Look no further than Ronna Romney McDaniel and NBC... yeah Trumps RNC operative who was knee deep in the the shenanigans, and the natives were not having any part of her act.

I miss The McLaughlin Group. I miss Mark Russell.

Last edited by WooferDawg; 04/10/24 07:03 PM. Reason: Ronna comment

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
All the whacko, far-right Republicans at NPR "self-sorted" themselves out of a job.

Gotcha.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Own it. Lying has consequences..

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by dawglover05
So you want to know what to do to effect change, my friend? And this is coming from someone who has started reaching the end of his rope. It’s to turn to our dumbass representatives who feel entitled in their role, regardless of party, and saying “Listen up you stupid butthead, I don’t like you. You really kinda suck. I’m going to vote for the other person unless you tangibly show me how you are legitimately representing my interests. Party means nothing to me. This is on you to prove yourself. If you don’t, we’ll find someone else!” And we have to follow up on that.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. In Colorado, republicans have become irrelevant as the democrats now have a super majority. Instead of trying to change their ways, Republicans doubled down on stupid. They won't even acknowledge there is a problem. Meanwhile, Democrats are now free to do what they want without consequence. They know they won't get voted out because that would mean people would vote republican which isn't going to happen.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Kiss my white privileged a$$. I don't lie about anything on here, and certainly don't need an imperialistic know-it-all to tell me what I am. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Ooooooooo Purp, there’s a lot of white on white crime going on in this thread!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

Nice opinion piece.

Reaaaally now.

Where did you get that little gem??

He needed a little pitzmagic to connect those dots!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kiss my white privileged a$$. I don't lie about anything on here, and certainly don't need an imperialistic know-it-all to tell me what I am. thumbsup

Never said you did. I was referring to today’s version of the GOP and those glorious Alternative Facts, Massive Voter Fraud Pizzagate and any number of other lies promoted by them.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Sure you did. You said we should be talking about "TRUMP!" instead of obsessing over something so trivial...

Isn't it funny? People going to prison and facing over 80 criminal counts and all they can do is obsess about who works at NPR.

rofl

Now you can bring out your goal posts Fate because I pointed out how you ignore things of substance while obsessing over things that are in comparison very trivial.

Did your dog type that??

It does point out quite correctly about how you actually refuse to address the most important things going on in our society while obsessing about things much less important. It's a fixation some of you have. I'm sorry it #triggers you when someone point that out. Actually I'm not sorry.

All of what I said about them not being forced out of their job also seems correct according to what has been posted so far. Of course as per usual you'll ignore that. Typical.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Ooooooooo Purp, there’s a lot of white on white crime going on in this thread!!

And look who's snitchin'! The world is truly inside-out! poke

1 member likes this: Swish
P
Legend
Legend
P
All the whacko, far-right Republicans at NPR "self-sorted" themselves out of a job.

Gotcha.

But other than snide comments you have provided zero evidence any of them were forced out of their jobs.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

rofl

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Gotcha.

But other than snide comments you have provided zero evidence any of them were forced out of their jobs.

Just because you say "maybe they were forced out of their jobs", with absolutely NO PROOF, doesn't mean I owe you proof that they weren't.

You truly, truly, truly live in a world of make-believe, and I'm pretty much done with the lunacy. I would rather talk to adults. Or, by 2pm, if this is a regular day at DT... my dog.

Legend
Legend
So “basically” they weren’t forced out of their jobs. Does that work? “Basically” works for you right?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe talking to more adults would help you grow up faster. You seem to have adopted the GOP version of reality. Make claims with zero substance and state you don't need to show any evidence they're true or real. #alternativereality. That's how we've gotten to where we are now.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

rofl

Did your dog type that??

It does point out quite correctly about how you actually refuse to address the most important things going on in our society while obsessing about things much less important. It's a fixation some of you have. I'm sorry it #triggers you when someone point that out. Actually I'm not sorry.

All of what I said about them not being forced out of their job also seems correct according to what has been posted so far. Of course as per usual you'll ignore that. Typical.

And this points out. For the 560,349th time. That you think you are the Post Police.

And "someone" never points that out. Pit@DawgTalkers, with his infinite strawman narratives and Troll of All Trolls status does. The dude talking about how my posts are so "trivial" but is 5 minutes from starting a new thread to declare that Trump stepped on a bug in a blue state.

In the words of Vers... Take a Hike.

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
So “basically” they weren’t forced out of their jobs. Does that work? “Basically” works for you right?

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Pointing out the obvious doesn't make anyone the post police. It seems you think you are in charge of hiking on the board. But somebody had to fill the void left by Vers I suppose.

I know you think it's terrible someone interrupted your unsubstantiated narrative. The strawman narrative began when some of you made the unsubstantiated accusation that there was some sort of Democratic takeover of NPR. Thus far you have zero evidence that ever happened and act like that's someone elses fault.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My unsubstantiated narrative? rofl

I DID NOT WRITE THE ARTICLE. Someone that worked for NPR for 25 years did. But I'm sure you, Bulldog and Spiral know waaay more than he does.

This place is a dumbed-down version of Romper Room. rofl

In recent years I’ve struggled to answer that question. Concerned by the lack of viewpoint diversity, I looked at voter registration for our newsroom. In D.C., where NPR is headquartered and many of us live, I found 87 registered Democrats working in editorial positions and zero Republicans. None.

So on May 3, 2021, I presented the findings at an all-hands editorial staff meeting. When I suggested we had a diversity problem with a score of 87 Democrats and zero Republicans, the response wasn’t hostile. It was worse. It was met with profound indifference.
I got a few messages from surprised, curious colleagues. But the messages were of the “oh wow, that’s weird” variety, as if the lopsided tally was a random anomaly rather than a critical failure of our diversity North Star.

In a follow-up email exchange, a top NPR news executive told me that she had been “skewered” for bringing up diversity of thought when she arrived at NPR. So, she said, “I want to be careful how we discuss this publicly.”

For years, I have been persistent. When I believe our coverage has gone off the rails, I have written regular emails to top news leaders, sometimes even having one-on-one sessions with them. On March 10, 2022, I wrote to a top news executive about the numerous times we described the controversial education bill in Florida as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill when it didn’t even use the word gay. I pushed to set the record straight, and wrote another time to ask why we keep using that word that many Hispanics hate—Latinx. On March 31, 2022, I was invited to a managers’ meeting to present my observations.

Throughout these exchanges, no one has ever trashed me. That’s not the NPR way. People are polite. But nothing changes. So I’ve become a visible wrong-thinker at a place I love. It’s uncomfortable, sometimes heartbreaking.

Even so, out of frustration, on November 6, 2022, I wrote to the captain of ship North Star—CEO John Lansing—about the lack of viewpoint diversity and asked if we could have a conversation about it. I got no response, so I followed up four days later. He said he would appreciate hearing my perspective and copied his assistant to set up a meeting. On December 15, the morning of the meeting, Lansing’s assistant wrote back to cancel our conversation because he was under the weather. She said he was looking forward to chatting and a new meeting invitation would be sent. But it never came.

"Fate's just making stuff up". rofl

And get this... Pit and Bulldog pulled out their crystal balls and decided that the Republicans worked themselves out of editor jobs there... and now I'm obligated to prove them wrong! 🤣

P
Legend
Legend
P
How does any of that show anyone was forced to leave their jobs? It doesn't. How does it show anyone was refused a job based on their politics? It doesn't. Keep flailing your arms in the air. Proving us wrong isn't your issue. Proving yourself right is. It's you accusations with you having no supporting facts. The man who is actually saying these things has worked for NPR for 25 years. How is that possible if everyone of his political leanings have been "forced out of their jobs"?

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You may want to try to contact him directly.

AGAIN, I didn't write the article.

https://twitter.com/uberliner

Just let him know how pissed and confused you are, I'm sure he'll succumb to your superior intellect and admit that the article is all a lie. thumbsup

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Democrats And What They Have Become Pt 5

Link Copied to Clipboard