Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
All Pro
OP Online
All Pro
K
Just a couple of thoughts. Why stop at 50 years?? shoot let’s go back 150 years then we can beat ourselves up for slavery. I think our focus should be more of what is now, don’t you. How about in this millennium??

So pit, you asked for context. Here is a little. The klan has about 3000 members, some of whom are not even members, they just hang out with the klanners and share their “ideals”. So in a country of what, maybe 330 million, 3000.

I searched neo nazi/white supremecist groups. There are a boatload. Most I could not find membership for but the ones I could, 500 was the largest I could find.

These folks views are repugnant and idiotic. Anyone who makes a judgement about a person based upon skin color or ethnicity is just not smart. Many of these people probably grew up with it and had it drilled into them from early in life.

I saw a number of campus videos with crowds estimated at about 1000. The whole uproar has included multiple thousands and the things they are calling for are abhorrent. I certainly am not suggesting that the all college students subscribe to this stuff. I saw a number of students stand up to these purveyors of Jewish hate. Good for them.

You called for context, pit, which I took to mean realizing this was a small sample of college students. But I do not think or any lefty tried to contextualize Charlottesville. You took the actions of 500 or so and tried to draw the conclusion that right wing antisemitism is a huge problem. It is not . If you add up the kkk+ all the neonazi idiots it is a splinter of a splinter, and many of those groups do not even get along with each other.

With the campus antisemitism we are seeing these are being driven by radical leftist professors and they will continue poisoning the minds of these students. That is a problem.

And I do not think I am in denial about anything.

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 05/04/24 05:05 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Again, I don’t quite understand the need to bifurcate the issue between right and left?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Again, I don’t quite understand the need to bifurcate the issue between right and left?

Because one man made the left the mortal enemy of maga.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Just a couple of thoughts. Why stop at 50 years?? shoot let’s go back 150 years then we can beat ourselves up for slavery. I think our focus should be more of what is now, don’t you. How about in this millennium??

Like Charlottseville?

Like this?

I can show you many, many examples of this.

So pit, you asked for context. Here is a little. The klan has about 3000 members, some of whom are not even members, they just hang out with the klanners and share their “ideals”. So in a country of what, maybe 330 million, 3000.

I searched neo nazi/white supremecist groups. There are a boatload. Most I could not find membership for but the ones I could, 500 was the largest I could find.

These folks views are repugnant and idiotic. Anyone who makes a judgement about a person based upon skin color or ethnicity is just not smart. Many of these people probably grew up with it and had it drilled into them from early in life.

Yet you have only pointed the finger in one direction.

I saw a number of campus videos with crowds estimated at about 1000. The whole uproar has included multiple thousands and the things they are calling for are abhorrent. I certainly am not suggesting that the all college students subscribe to this stuff. I saw a number of students stand up to these purveyors of Jewish hate. Good for them.

So they are calling for much the same thing as the KKK and white supremacists are? And of course we had a president who claimed there were "very fine people" among them. Let me give you some context. There are approximately 36,600 students at Columbia University. The most students protesting at any one time was approximately 400.

You called for context, pit, which I took to mean realizing this was a small sample of college students. But I do not think or any lefty tried to contextualize Charlottesville. You took the actions of 500 or so and tried to draw the conclusion that right wing antisemitism is a huge problem. It is not . If you add up the kkk+ all the neonazi idiots it is a splinter of a splinter, and many of those groups do not even get along with each other.

Trying to downplay hundreds of hate groups on the right is not a good look for you. It's time you man up and admit that the problem is quite bad on both sides and stop sugar coating it with a political slant that is not accurate.

With the campus antisemitism we are seeing these are being driven by radical leftist professors and they will continue poisoning the minds of these students. That is a problem.

And I do not think I am in denial about anything.

Like this.......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05

It's the "we're bad but your worse" strategy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
OP Online
All Pro
K
Actually it is the “get those lefties into the current decade” strategy. But before I do that there is this. You being you, I doubt you will recognize the……. perhaps irony, of your remark but I am pretty certain most everyone else did. Let me quote you.
“yet you have only pointed the finger in one direction “.

This coming from a guy who has pointed his finger in the same direction for eight years. Eight years!!! And you get worked up when someone points there finger in a different direction. You lefties have spent the past eight years feeling a smug superiority. Look at the hatred and antisemitism of those right wingers. And then, and then, spilling out of the lefty closet comes the nastiest, foulest, ugliest antisemetic hatred of Jews I have seen in a long while. And it is coming from a bunch of your kindred spirits, lefty students who have been indoctrinated by those leftist professors. Nasty nasty people. Just read of a chant at GWU calling for beheading of the school president. Hmm nice people.

As for this idiotic suggestion that Trump called the white supremicists “good people” anyone not wearing lefty glasses knows what he was saying. There were actually three groups of people at Charlottesville. There was a group of mostly local folks who were there to protest the removal or destruction of their historical monuments. There was a group there, a mix of local and outsiders who were there to call for the removal of these monuments. There were good people on both sides. Then there was a third group, mostly outsiders, who were white supremicists., about 500 or so. Trump was not addressing them.

Finally I appreciate you making my point for me. Let’s review. We are currently seeing Jewish students being assaulted and prevented from going to class. I have heard dozens of them say they fear for their life. I have seen signs calling for death to Jews, death to Israel, kill the Jews, from the river to the sea. All of that is going on right now! Current events. And you bring me something eight years old. Can’t you at least find something this decade?? Better yet, all of this started with the October attack on Israel. Obviously that attack brought these leftie looney antisemetic Jew haters out. So surely that has been a perfect opportunity for the klan or neo nazis to come out “in force” . So surely you can point out some examples of Jewish people being assaulted by these right wingers. You can show them marching with kill the Jews signs, death to Israel sign. Or maybe these groups you fear so much have been neutered so much by time and the changing attitudes toward race in America that they just don’t have much of a presence.

But these leftie haters are young and college educated. They are threats to watch out for in the future.

But cheer up, pit. To slightly paraphrase the immortal words of Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, “you’ll always have Charlottesville “.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
A
Legend
Legend
A
Good post.

This comment from the other poster: "It's the "we're bad but your worse" strategy." is so priceless the irony is lost by that poster.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your vision must be impaired. But I expected as much. I have plainly stated that Israel must wipe out Hamas. I have also said Hamas are terrorists. The monument in question was to be taken down by order of the city counsel. trump only recognized two groups. The protestors and the anti protestors. And then said there were good people on both sides. Inventing an alternative reality will not change that.

Some of these protestors are sickening. Supporting Hamas is sickening. Now how does that make me a kindred spirit again?

I understand how this started. It started by a blatant terrorist act killing over 1200 Israeli's in an unprovoked attack by Hamas. I'm not sure what that has to do with starving and denying medical supplies to innocent women and children in Gaza. I'm not sure what that has to do with using 2000 lb. bombs that destroy everything for 1000 feet in every direction which will obviously kill many innocent civilians. The only real difference between us is I hold both sides responsible for the actions they take while you hold only one side responsible.

I'm glad you think the KKK and the hundreds of white supremacist groups have simply disappeared. And just to give you a little perspective which you seem to have no sense of. As an example, there are over 36,600 students at Columbia University. The largest amount of protesters gathered at one time on that campus was 400. I'm pretty sure with over 36k of them not being there anyone with eyes can see this is a very small fraction of the student body. So maybe you shouldn't be generalizing about college educated people.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Good post.

This comment from the other poster: "It's the "we're bad but your worse" strategy." is so priceless the irony is lost by that poster.

So what do you think of blocking food and medical aid to the women, children and elderly of Gaza? Does that seem okay to you? Is that something you support? Is that humane? Do you or do you not see that as being cruel to innocent people? Inquiring minds want to know what someone with strong christian values thinks of that?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I was talking about you, and blaming Trump for everything under the sun.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So let's see if I get this straight. I point out and post the very things that trump says and does and you don't like that. And then you try to compare that I have stated that I think both Biden and trump aren't good candidates to someone making the clear cut choice to cut of medical aid and food to women, children and elderly as being comparable?

And then when I ask your view on the actual topic being discussed you avoid it like the plague? Either you wish to engage in the topic or you don't. If not what the hell are you doing here?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Now they're refusing to claim their own......

GOP lawmaker claims KKK is ‘the military wing of the Democratic Party’ in closed door meeting ahead of antisemitism hearing

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/08/politics/scott-perry-closed-door-comments/index.html

Ku Klux Klan newspaper declares support for Trump

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN12X2ID/

Former KKK leader endorses Trump for president again – and Tucker Carlson for VP

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cker-carlson-election-2020-a9609491.html

It’s No Mystery Why Racists Have Fallen in Love With Trump’s Republican Party

The KKK did not choose to support Donald Trump because he was a Republican—but because they agreed with the ideas that he and other far-right politicians spout.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/racist-republicans-donald-trump/

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I am doing here what I want.

You point out trump 20 times a day. Over the last however many years you've pointed out biden perhaps 6 times, and ALWAYS with the caveat of "but trump".

Period. The end.

Don't like it? Don't do it. Apply your rules to yourself, first. And? I'll treat you the way you treat me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw.

As you would say....

And I would love for you to point to where I regularly post "point out trump 20 times a a day". Does just making BS up out of think air make you feel better? And I've certainly pointed to Biden more than six times. But you see when you don't support someone who is one of the nastiest human beings in politics over a man that at least has somewhat of a moral compass, you'll have that. And let me explain something else to you. Over that same period of time you have totally ignored and refused to call trump out for anything he has said and done. I guess you have no problem with "good people on both sides" or "I can grab them by the pu$$y". The list goes on and on of the obvious things you totally ignore.

I don't set the rules. I also don't come in here only to exclusively attack posters I dislike. Because that's all you've been doing since you got here today. But I've learned to expect that from you since that's all you pretty much do when you come here. No discussion, no comment on the content, just the usual. You're a funny little man.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
It is hilarious. Political theater has reached an all time high.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Aw.

As you would say....

And I would love for you to point to where I regularly post "point out trump 20 times a a day". Does just making BS up out of think air make you feel better? And I've certainly pointed to Biden more than six times. But you see when you don't support someone who is one of the nastiest human beings in politics over a man that at least has somewhat of a moral compass, you'll have that. And let me explain something else to you. Over that same period of time you have totally ignored and refused to call trump out for anything he has said and done. I guess you have no problem with "good people on both sides" or "I can grab them by the pu$$y". The list goes on and on of the obvious things you totally ignore.

I don't set the rules. I also don't come in here only to exclusively attack posters I dislike. Because that's all you've been doing since you got here today. But I've learned to expect that from you since that's all you pretty much do when you come here. No discussion, no comment on the content, just the usual. You're a funny little man.

You just did it again. But you don't see it which is either hilarious, or scary.

Legend
Legend
I was talking about you, and blaming Trump for everything under the sun.

Well, let's look at that for a second. He embraces the groups that are anti anything but WHITE..

He Embraces the KKK and they in turn embrace him.

Trumps NAZIesk rhetoric emboldens those groups and they in tune threaten violence in his behalf..

You can, and most likely will deny this, but there are sooooo many examples that would prove you wrong.

Trump and leaders like him around the world are the cause of much unrest. They must be dealt with harshly.

Is he the cause of everything that is wrong in the world,, probably not,, but he's part of the problem.,

He tells you what he's going to do in the TIME article that came out last week. If you believe he's right, you are part of the problem. If you believe he doesn't mean it, then you are fooling yourself.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you only come here to attack people without posting anything relevant. What a sad existence that must be. Do you have anything of substance that would actually add to the content of the thread? I didn't think so because you only come here for one purpose.

I responded to your accusations. I'm not the one who brought him up. But I'm sure you can't see that either. And as per usual you won't say anything against him no matter what he says or does. Nothing new there.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by EveDawg
He cries giant tears about gazans and considers it a contribution.

So do you support starving and denying medical supplies to women, children and the elderly? Or do you pick and choose which women, children and elderly people to treat inhumanely? I support you don't treat people that way no matter where they live.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
You and arch have so much in common. And no, it's not any sense of humanity. As per usual you have nothing but word vomit.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You and arch have so much in common. And no, it's not any sense of humanity. As per usual you have nothing but word vomit.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see that starving people on purpose is a joke to you. Nothing surprising there. More hateful vomit from the disgusting.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I see that starving people on purpose is a joke to you. Nothing surprising there. More hateful vomit from the disgusting.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just glad you continue to show just what a truly disgusting human being you are. If there was any doubt before you've laid it all out on full display for everyone to see. Thank you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm just glad you continue to show just what a truly disgusting human being you are. If there was any doubt before you've laid it all out on full display for everyone to see. Thank you.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A

Way to add substance. Take your own advice or don't expect others to.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Being an advocate for starving people doesn't make you weak. Not giving a damn about your fellow human beings makes you weak.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Way to add substance. Take your own advice or don't expect others to.

I give what I get. Would you like another helping?

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Antisemitism in America

Link Copied to Clipboard