Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
I don't know all those answers, but I just think baseball is just different. Ever notice how little these guys move around compared to the NFL and NBA?

Different kind of comradery. Coaches always seem more tuned in with the players. Everybody always seems more tight knit. He's only four years removed from playing and definitely seems like "one of the guys".

So, if these are your dudes, and you keep making it to the playoffs, how could other pastures be green enough to pull you away? He's already among the top earners in the league.

I'd say it would have to be a few more years of heartbreak or discontent before he would move on.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,931
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,931
I am not very cool in the playoffs.

The fact is I become a nervous wreck. I get pissed. I yell a lot.

I go from depression to elation.

Today is a perfect example. Braves made mistakes. Looked like a loss.

Down 3-2 bottom of the 8th. After blowing a 2-1 lead.

Austin Riley who has stunk all year. Hits a 3 run HR and the Braves pull out the W 5-3.

In three game series. Teams who win game one are 15-1 in winning the series.

Christopher Sanchez goes for the Phillies tomorrow. He is 18-7 with a 2.91 ERA. Tough guy to beat. But he Braves are tough at home and Sanchez is not to good on the road.

Just win and advance.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
I saw that. I was like "I bet Bone is pretty happy right now!"

Good win. One down, one to go. 👊


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,931
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,931
Relaxed now.

I will get to watch the Guardians now. I do follow their stats and when they are on national TV. I watched them. Brings back memories of 95.


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
welp, Guards vs ChiSox. Pitching needs to hold up, but I like the chances


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,931
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,931
When you play a team in your division.

You know each other well. Guardians have the advantage of being the home team.

It should help them.

It is a major advantage when you do not have to play in the WC series.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,050
I'd like to think the playoff atmosphere would help since the first two are at home, but the Guards actually played better on the road this year.

Yeah, avoiding the WC series id huge. Especially being a best of three. You can play great all year... one bad pitching outing and a couple timely hits on the other side, and it's over before it began.


HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,493
I like the Guards SPs more than Chicago's. That's gonna have to be the difference IMO


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Guardians 2.0

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5