|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072 |
I don't know all those answers, but I just think baseball is just different. Ever notice how little these guys move around compared to the NFL and NBA?
Different kind of comradery. Coaches always seem more tuned in with the players. Everybody always seems more tight knit. He's only four years removed from playing and definitely seems like "one of the guys".
So, if these are your dudes, and you keep making it to the playoffs, how could other pastures be green enough to pull you away? He's already among the top earners in the league.
I'd say it would have to be a few more years of heartbreak or discontent before he would move on.
HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,933
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,933 |
I am not very cool in the playoffs.
The fact is I become a nervous wreck. I get pissed. I yell a lot.
I go from depression to elation.
Today is a perfect example. Braves made mistakes. Looked like a loss.
Down 3-2 bottom of the 8th. After blowing a 2-1 lead.
Austin Riley who has stunk all year. Hits a 3 run HR and the Braves pull out the W 5-3.
In three game series. Teams who win game one are 15-1 in winning the series.
Christopher Sanchez goes for the Phillies tomorrow. He is 18-7 with a 2.91 ERA. Tough guy to beat. But he Braves are tough at home and Sanchez is not to good on the road.
Just win and advance.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072 |
I saw that. I was like "I bet Bone is pretty happy right now!"
Good win. One down, one to go. 👊
HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,933
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,933 |
Relaxed now.
I will get to watch the Guardians now. I do follow their stats and when they are on national TV. I watched them. Brings back memories of 95.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,590
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,590 |
welp, Guards vs ChiSox. Pitching needs to hold up, but I like the chances
"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,933
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,933 |
When you play a team in your division.
You know each other well. Guardians have the advantage of being the home team.
It should help them.
It is a major advantage when you do not have to play in the WC series.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 15,072 |
I'd like to think the playoff atmosphere would help since the first two are at home, but the Guards actually played better on the road this year.
Yeah, avoiding the WC series id huge. Especially being a best of three. You can play great all year... one bad pitching outing and a couple timely hits on the other side, and it's over before it began.
HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,590
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,590 |
I like the Guards SPs more than Chicago's. That's gonna have to be the difference IMO
"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,326
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,326 |
At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,701
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,701 |
I’ll ask this question again this year, 3rd year in a row. Has S Vogt possibly priced himself out of the Guardians future? Can you trade coaches in baseball? Rumor has it the Mariners are going to come hard after Vogt. Yes, managers can be traded, at least they could. In my life I can only remember one, the A's traded Chuck Tanner, I forget to which team. This was maybe the early 70's. I am not aware of any new rule preventing a manager being traded.
If everybody had like minds, we would never learn. GM Strong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,326
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,326 |
Lou Pinella in the early 2000s. Ozzie Guillen in 2011. Maybe John Farrell the year after.
Managers need to ok it, unlike players unless the contract dictates otherwise (aka no trade clause).
At DT, context and meaning are a scarecrow kicking at moving goalposts.
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Guardians 2.0
|
|