Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Quote:

As for where the military recruits, yea they do hit the poor neighborhoods. But they also hit the farming communities as well. Yea, MOST who serve do come from the less advantaged background. BUT NOT ALL. Ecomomics and education do play a role, but I don't beleive race does.




Don't be so naive...race plays A HUGE ROLE in economics and education


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,268
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 19,268
Quote:

You adore the flag...to me it means nothing.




...and your exclamation marks mean nothing to me!!!


And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
oh shut up Nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
Quote:

wow, it's just a flag. and all a flag is, is fabric with colors.





Why am I not surprised that such a shallow comment comes from someone who puts "African" BEFORE American.



Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Quote:

Quote:

wow, it's just a flag. and all a flag is, is fabric with colors.





Why am I not surprised that such a shallow comment comes from someone who puts "African" BEFORE American.





I don't know, why are you not surpised?

This is the same country that put 3/4 before human.

Would you feel better if I said American-African?


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
Quote:

Would you feel better if I said American-African?




Yes I would. I believe this IS the "country of your birth" isn't it? Yes, putting your country "first" I find to be important.

That's the thing about all of this. Take Arch and myself for a prime example. We disagree on damned near EVERYTHING political. And we've argued like crazy about it.

But you know what? I know Arch is a Patriotic American. That he puts "America first". He and I both do. We have different ideas TOTALY on "how to make America better".

But our purpose, our goal and our desire are one in the same. To put America first and to make America "the best it can be".

So to that end, Arch and I are very similar in that regard. And I think ALL Americans should "put America first".

I guess I could call myself Native American/Irish/ American.

But I figured out a LONG time ago, that if we of "like minds" are kept divided along racial and ethnic lines, we'll never totaly be "one country". And I feel that is long overdue.

JMHO


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
Quote:

This is the same country that put 3/4 before human.




Do you mean was?????

Is is the "present tense".

Was is the "past tense".

And I've never seen anyone "truely move forward" by "living in the past".

JMHO


Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Quote:

Quote:

This is the same country that put 3/4 before human.




Do you mean was?????

Is is the "present tense".

Was is the "past tense".

And I've never seen anyone "truely move forward" by "living in the past".

JMHO



I don't live in the past...but I'll NEVER forget it...

In the words of our great president...fool me once...shame on, shame on you...(jibberish) can't get fooled again!


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
We'll never be "one country"

You all want blend everything into one culture...it'll never happen. That's not what America is about...it's the place where you're free to be you.

That's great that you and Arch get these warm and fuzzy feelings about this country...but that's not me, and don't expect it to be. I respect your thought process on the subject, whether I agree or not. I ask that you respect my decision to put my heritage above all else...that's MY decision, which doesn't need approval from you, Arch, GM, Navy, or whoever else has a problem with it.


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,959
A
Legend
Offline
Legend
A
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 30,959
Hey man - easy on arch here - I haven't said a word.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
Quote:

You all want blend everything into one culture...it'll never happen. That's not what America is about...it's the place where you're free to be you.






ndutyme....we are one country.....thats what America stands for...the right to be you....the right to say what you want....the right to be free....

here's what Roosevelt had to say about it....

Quote:

... There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic. The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American. There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

For an American citizen to vote as a German-American, an Irish-American, or an English-American, is to be a traitor to American institutions; and those hyphenated Americans who terrorize American politicians by threats of the foreign vote are engaged in treason to the American Republic.

Americanization

The foreign-born population of this country must be an Americanized population - no other kind can fight the battles of America either in war or peace. It must talk the language of its native-born fellow-citizens, it must possess American citizenship and American ideals. It must stand firm by its oath of allegiance in word and deed and must show that in very fact it has renounced allegiance to every prince, potentate, or foreign government. It must be maintained on an American standard of living so as to prevent labor disturbances in important plants and at critical times. None of these objects can be secured as long as we have immigrant colonies, ghettos, and immigrant sections, and above all they cannot be assured so long as we consider the immigrant only as an industrial asset. The immigrant must not be allowed to drift or to be put at the mercy of the exploiter. Our object is to not to imitate one of the older racial types, but to maintain a new American type and then to secure loyalty to this type. We cannot secure such loyalty unless we make this a country where men shall feel that they have justice and also where they shall feel that they are required to perform the duties imposed upon them. The policy of "Let alone" which we have hitherto pursued is thoroughly vicious from two stand-points. By this policy we have permitted the immigrants, and too often the native-born laborers as well, to suffer injustice. Moreover, by this policy we have failed to impress upon the immigrant and upon the native-born as well that they are expected to do justice as well as to receive justice, that they are expected to be heartily and actively and single-mindedly loyal to the flag no less than to benefit by living under it.

We cannot afford to continue to use hundreds of thousands of immigrants merely as industrial assets while they remain social outcasts and menaces any more than fifty years ago we could afford to keep the black man merely as an industrial asset and not as a human being. We cannot afford to build a big industrial plant and herd men and women about it without care for their welfare. We cannot afford to permit squalid overcrowding or the kind of living system which makes impossible the decencies and necessities of life. We cannot afford the low wage rates and the merely seasonal industries which mean the sacrifice of both individual and family life and morals to the industrial machinery. We cannot afford to leave American mines, munitions plants, and general resources in the hands of alien workmen, alien to America and even likely to be made hostile to America by machinations such as have recently been provided in the case of the two foreign embassies in Washington. We cannot afford to run the risk of having in time of war men working on our railways or working in our munition plants who would in the name of duty to their own foreign countries bring destruction to us. Recent events have shown us that incitements to sabotage and strikes are in the view of at least two of the great foreign powers of Europe within their definition of neutral practices. What would be done to us in the name of war if these things are done to us in the name of neutrality?

One America

All of us, no matter from what land our parents came, no matter in what way we may severally worship our Creator, must stand shoulder to shoulder in a united America for the elimination of race and religious prejudice. We must stand for a reign of equal justice to both big and small. We must insist on the maintenance of the American standard of living. We must stand for an adequate national control which shall secure a better training of our young men in time of peace, both for the work of peace and for the work of war. We must direct every national resource, material and spiritual, to the task not of shirking difficulties, but of training our people to overcome difficulties. Our aim must be, not to make life easy and soft, not to soften soul and body, but to fit us in virile fashion to do a great work for all mankind. This great work can only be done by a mighty democracy, with these qualities of soul, guided by those qualities of mind, which will both make it refuse to do injustice to any other nation, and also enable it to hold its own against aggression by any other nation. In our relations with the outside world, we must abhor wrongdoing, and disdain to commit it, and we must no less disdain the baseness of spirit which lamely submits to wrongdoing. Finally and most important of all, we must strive for the establishment within our own borders of that stern and lofty standard of personal and public neutrality which shall guarantee to each man his rights, and which shall insist in return upon the full performance by each man of his duties both to his neighbor and to the great nation whose flag must symbolize in the future as it has symbolized in the past the highest hopes of all mankind.

From Philip Davis (ed.), Immigration and Americanization (Boston: Ginn and Company, 1920)





link

were all Americans....sure my ancestors were Italian, Polish, and English....and while yours may be different....when we become American...thats it..

all these little groups suck...were American....the land of the free...and home of the brave...and that flag....it represents America....and everything that goes with it....

thats the whole problem....take this guy....why in the heck is he proud of Mexico? Mexico sucks....or people wouldn't be leaving by the millions....you come here...you set up shop....then be an American....or get the hell out...he's a mexican....living in America....not an American...living in America...


Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,955
Sheesh...who brought up race to make Americans debate Americans here??

And, if anyone doesn't like it here, get the hell out. It's simple.


#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:

I ask that you respect my decision to put my heritage above all else...that's MY decision, which doesn't need approval from you, Arch, GM, Navy, or whoever else has a problem with it.




OHHH you want to drag me into this . Don't make me take you out at the knees big boy.


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 563
J
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
J
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 563
That's the same FDR who authorized concentration camps for "japanese-americans" during WWII.

And wasn't it 3/5, not 3/4, of a human?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
actually that article was about what Theodore Roosevelt said...not FDR

and as far as the japanese go, what was he supposed to do? it wasen't like they were a huge part of the population...

they were Americans, and i'm sure they were probably all here legally too...after pearl harbor one could argue that they were put somewhere safe, to prevent hate crimes, and to eliminate them as possible spys inside the country...you don't think the japs had spys checking out pearl harbor?

you think if we were at war with Mexico we would leave thousands of mexicans living around key strategic points? we would be stupid if we did, cause if i was a mexican general i would mass my troops from there and attack...


Quote:

And wasn't it 3/5, not 3/4, of a human?




and who really cares anyway....not one black person alive today was a slave....last i checked many white people fought to free them...many of there ancestors are probably living right next door...

your either an asset to society or a liability...plenty of both in all races...

one mans opinion from hundreds of years ago, and someone is gonna get angry?

get an education, and job, and pay taxes and your just like any other American imo....


how is this a race thing anyway?

go check out what Theodore Roosevelt did about illegal immigrant mexicans when he was in office...


Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015
F
Legend
Offline
Legend
F
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015
Quote:

you think if we were at war with Mexico we would leave thousands of mexicans living around key strategic points? we would be stupid if we did, cause if i was a mexican general i would mass my troops from there and attack...




I'm sorry, but for some reason, the thought of war with Mexico brings images of this



We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,276
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,276
LMAO! I was thinking on the same line's as you.
Badge's? we dont need no stinking badge's!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
B
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
lol...what server does he play on?


Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Quote:

That's the same FDR who authorized concentration camps for "japanese-americans" during WWII.

And wasn't it 3/5, not 3/4, of a human?



Sorry, I was never good with fractions.

Seems I was giving the founding fathers too much credit!


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Quote:

Quote:

I ask that you respect my decision to put my heritage above all else...that's MY decision, which doesn't need approval from you, Arch, GM, Navy, or whoever else has a problem with it.




OHHH you want to drag me into this . Don't make me take you out at the knees big boy.




Don't make a promise you can't keep


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Give me a step ladder and I'll aim above the waist


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,431
I
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
I
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,431
Quote:

No, I never served in the military, never wanted to...I figured Uncle Sam dipped into my family enough.




Or maybe they had a little more pride than you towards the country that has given them so much. Course the flag means nothing to you , because this country apparently means nothing to you . Man both you and your rhetoric are tired and sad. You are the first one to bring up the race card then get indignant when someone calls you out on it. African-American ? If the African part of you is so important then go there and lend a hand , God knows they need it , instead of sitting in this country looking for any EXCUSE to cry about the inequities of the system . I'm guessing you won't because deep down you know what you are about and it ain't helping your so called brothers.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
I support your right to "feel" any way you wish.

But don't forget. You only get out of something, what you put into it.

So if you wish to "put your country second", don't be surprised when "your country puts you second".

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Good luck with "your position".



Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
He seems to forget, yes, it was the "white man" that enslaved him, but it was also the "white man" who set his people free.

We get ALL of the blame, yet none of the glory. Ever notice how "one sided" that is?



Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 563
J
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
J
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 563
Quote:

He seems to forget, yes, it was the "white man" that enslaved him, but it was also the "white man" who set his people free.

We get ALL of the blame, yet none of the glory. Ever notice how "one sided" that is?






I don't think the "white man" deserved the glory in correcting his mistake, particularly consideringthere were many who opposed it so strongly. And it's not like the black man stood around and did nothing waiting for slavery to end. While much improved, the badges of slavery and racism still exist in this country today. Don't fool yourself into thinking all is well.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 563
J
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
J
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 563
Quote:


and as far as the japanese go, what was he supposed to do? it wasen't like they were a huge part of the population...

they were Americans, and i'm sure they were probably all here legally too...after pearl harbor one could argue that they were put somewhere safe, to prevent hate crimes, and to eliminate them as possible spys inside the country...you don't think the japs had spys checking out pearl harbor?

you think if we were at war with Mexico we would leave thousands of mexicans living around key strategic points? we would be stupid if we did, cause if i was a mexican general i would mass my troops from there and attack...






That is easy to say when you're in the majority. If white made up only 10% of this country, and were underrepresented in the government, you would probably see things very differently.

I'm not trying to insult you, but those comments come across as very ignorant of history, racism, and our world today. Should we just round up all the Arabs and put em in camps right now? You are certainly free to you opinion, but to me, your comments show a very backward way of thinking.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
All is well?

Nope, it "never is". Our education system is falling behind, our medical system is a rip off and big business is pretty much running the country.

Now if we could pull together "as a team" to change and improve "our country" and make it "better" instead of dwelling on "slavery" (you know, an issue "addressed LONG AGO") maybe this country would be "better in the long run for EVERYBODY"??????

You see, if everyone realised the REAL battle is between "rich and poor" NOT "black and white" maybe we could get somewhere.

And as long as the rich "keep us divided" we will NEVER get anywhere!!!!!

That's the reality of it all. Keep the little man divided by race while we laugh all the way to the bank!

And some of you are falling for that same old game generation after generation.



Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
P
Legend
Offline
Legend
P
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
Quote:

I don't think the "white man" deserved the glory in correcting his mistake,




Once one makes a mistake and understands such, what else can he, or is he supposed to do but "correct it"?

Do you have any idea of how many "whites" died to help gain that freedom?



Listenning to you, I guess they fought and died in vain huh?



Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Got it. don't hate black people... hate rich people.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
why hate me?

Last edited by keys_bow_wow; 02/12/08 04:39 PM.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Because you're one of THEM.. that is forcing me to fight with black people.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
Can I make up for it? Come on down, we'll sit with the Cubans, Mexicans, Haitians, Americans, Germans, Italians, British, Scottish, Finnish, and even a few Canadians and drink some rum while we watch the snow fall on the Weather channel and the tide go out in 82* weather.

How's that?


KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:

Should we just round up all the Arabs and put em in camps right now?




If they are illegals, then YEP.


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368
J
Legend
Offline
Legend
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368
Great. Now we not only hate you for being rich but for where you live.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Quote:

All is well?

Nope, it "never is". Our education system is falling behind, our medical system is a rip off and big business is pretty much running the country.

Now if we could pull together "as a team" to change and improve "our country" and make it "better" instead of dwelling on "slavery" (you know, an issue "addressed LONG AGO") maybe this country would be "better in the long run for EVERYBODY"??????

You see, if everyone realised the REAL battle is between "rich and poor" NOT "black and white" maybe we could get somewhere.

And as long as the rich "keep us divided" we will NEVER get anywhere!!!!!

That's the reality of it all. Keep the little man divided by race while we laugh all the way to the bank!

And some of you are falling for that same old game generation after generation.






Some of you seem to take my views on this country's history and present, as how I carry myself daily. Don't get it twisted. If I carried this disdain for all white people, I wouldn't be able to function in this society. I still take people as they come. All people. There are bad apples that come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

I don't sit up all day blaming white people for all of society's ills. Nor do I give them all the credit for it's successes. I love my African heritage, I celebrate it and am not ashamed to express it. I also, for the most part, embrace the basic foundation of what America is and can be.

I also respect other people's cultures and ways. If a white guy came up to me and told me, I'm an American, but my heritage is German, and that's what I celebrate, who am I to tell him, NO, that's wrong, you can't put anything before America. That's his choice, and I support that, as long as he stays within the guidelines of the laws that protect us, and tries to contribute positively to society, what problem can I have with it.

It's like, some of you cry so much about how PC everything is and how sensitive everyone is, but say something to the contrary of what you believe to be patriotic, and your ready to cry a river. Please!

For the record, yes, white people fought other white people in an effort to abolish slavery, and those that did fight, are cool with me. Those are the types of white people I like.

For the record, no, I was not a slave.

For the record, yes, I have been called the n word.

For the record, segregation ended only 40 years ago. My parents grew up in it.

For the record, racism still exists, on all ends.

For the record...IT'S STILL JUST A FLAG! It's the same flag that flew when black people were being hung, castrated, sicked with dogs and hoses, beat by cops, chained to the back of pickup trucks and driven until their limbs separated from their body. I'm sure that's not what the flag is supposed to represent, but yet, that is part of America. So I don't focus on the flag, I focus on the state of this country and how we all interact with it.


"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,936
B
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,936
Just watched the video...

I wonder if this guy in the video even bothered to check with the shop owner to see if he/she UNDERSTOOD that they can't fly another flag above the US flag. I see this all the time in ethnic neighborhoods. If I have the time, I stop and seek out the owner of the flags to explain to them that it is against the law to fly the US flag below another flag. Every time I've done this, I get the same reaction: the person is EXTREMELY embarassed, they immediately fix the problem and they thank me for making them aware of the it. It really isn't that hard to be civil about it.

It's a good law, but an esoteric one to many people (including, unfortunately, life-long Americans). One shouldn't automatically assume that the shop owner in the video was thumbing his nose at the US. Regardless, there is a better way to handle the situation than tresspassing, destroying private property and stealing (which is essentially what this guy did -- forget the lawsuit, the he could have been -- perhaps SHOULD have been -- arrested).

... and yes, I AM a veteran and I'm EXTREMELY proud of my country. I understand the emotion involved, but I don't have much use for such a complete lack of discipline and common sense.


[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Quote:

Can I make up for it? Come on down, we'll sit with the Cubans, Mexicans, Haitians, Americans, Germans, Italians, British, Scottish, Finnish, and even a few Canadians and drink some rum while we watch the snow fall on the Weather channel and the tide go out in 82* weather.

How's that?



I'll drink with all of them except the Canadians.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Quote:

For the record, yes, I have been called the n word.





So have I, and I'm white


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
I'll set up the reservations.


KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015
F
Legend
Offline
Legend
F
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,015
Quote:

perhaps SHOULD have been -- arrested).




For carrying a knife in public with longer than a 2" blade he could have been


We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Veteran cuts down Mexican flag flown on top of an American flag

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5