|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711 |
Quote:
You tax the HELL out of imports and raise wages.
i believe that imports should be taxed....this would incourage companies to build in America...this then promotes jobs, and increases taxes...
Quote:
Look, those SAME PEOPLE griping about cheap imports, are many of the same people who caused this problem trying to "save a buck on a shirt" in the first place.
They sold their country down the river without even realising it. We gotta make up for lost time before it's too late to right the ship.
And we're damned near there already.
now this i don't agree with....sure people look for deals, but its the companies that moved...and alot of them did it for cheap labor...no epa regulations...
another big problem is stock options for ceo's...they turn a bigger profit...then get more cash...well the easiest way to quickly increase profits is to lower wages....move to china...profits soar, cause your saving 15 bucks an hour in wages...thats huge...
then comes the best part....once all those workers have lost there jobs, they are forced to take lower paying jobs, and they then have to buy the cheep foriegn crap, cause thats all they can afford...
there are tons of products that just aren't made here anymore...American clothes and electronics are probably virtually impossible to find, if at all...and most other manufacturing is not to far behind...
losing manufacturing is gonna destroy this country....
Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,863
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,863 |
Quote:
Quote:
It has the same effect on me as seeing the Italian flag being flown or displayed at my in-laws relatives house.
That's were your bias comes in. It just shows that you have an inferiority complex because your wife has better blood lines. Don't worry, everyone wants to be Italian.
the "blood line" and associated temperment of a Sicilian woman should have been clearly identified before the marriage was consumated.
"better" is a matter of opinion.
Welcome back, Joe, we missed you!…. That did not age well.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833 |
Quote:
wow, it's just a flag. and all a flag is, is fabric with colors.
I'm pretty sure they did not know that law.
I just don't get bent out of shape over flag issues. Not even when I see rednecks rolling around flaunting the "stars and bars"...it's just a flag.
This was at a local establishment. Well, the fact that they contributed to their local economy means more to me than whose flag was first.
A black person using the term "redneck" is like a white person using the term "darkey". Bigotry is a two way street. And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,747
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,747 |
Quote:
I just don't get bent out of shape over flag issues. Not even when I see rednecks rolling around flaunting the "stars and bars"...it's just a flag.
A black person using the term "redneck" is like a white person using the term "darkey". Bigotry is a two way street. And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
Funny how that works isn't it.
[b]USNavyDawg (Ret.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850 |
Quote:
And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
As a white person, I went for a walk in Detroit at night, only to be told later I shouldn't have done that. I didn't have any trouble, and was even saying hello to the people I passed.
I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465 |
Quote:
Quote:
And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
As a white person, I went for a walk in Detroit at night, only to be told later I shouldn't have done that. I didn't have any trouble, and was even saying hello to the people I passed.
Yeah, I've passed through quite a few areas I was warned not to...more often than not it's a lot of hot air.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833 |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
As a white person, I went for a walk in Detroit at night, only to be told later I shouldn't have done that. I didn't have any trouble, and was even saying hello to the people I passed.
Yeah, I've passed through quite a few areas I was warned not to...more often than not it's a lot of hot air.
The question is ,why did you not make tthe same comments to NDUTYME about his Little Italy remarks? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
wow, it's just a flag. and all a flag is, is fabric with colors.
I'm pretty sure they did not know that law.
I just don't get bent out of shape over flag issues. Not even when I see rednecks rolling around flaunting the "stars and bars"...it's just a flag.
This was at a local establishment. Well, the fact that they contributed to their local economy means more to me than whose flag was first.
A black person using the term "redneck" is like a white person using the term "darkey". Bigotry is a two way street. And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
How is that, when Jeff Foxworthy has this whole routine about being a redneck? A redneck, from my understanding is used for certain white people. Not once have I heard that was offensive to those certain white people. So comparing redneck and darkey, isn't even close. Darkey is not used to categorize a certain type of black person, it's used for all black people and thus is highly offensive.
But I see where your mentality is.
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And as a white person I would not venture into south east DC during the day much less after dark!
As a white person, I went for a walk in Detroit at night, only to be told later I shouldn't have done that. I didn't have any trouble, and was even saying hello to the people I passed.
Yeah, I've passed through quite a few areas I was warned not to...more often than not it's a lot of hot air.
The question is ,why did you not make tthe same comments to NDUTYME about his Little Italy remarks?
Don't ask him to ask me, ask me yourself
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718 |
Quote:
A redneck, from my understanding is used for certain white people. Not once have I heard that was offensive to those certain white people.
red·neck (rdnk) n. Offensive Slang 1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States. 2. A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.
Pulled from the same online dictionary that says "darkey" is offensive.
jig·a·boo (jg-b) n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person.
crack·er (krkr) n. 1. A thin crisp wafer or biscuit, usually made of unsweetened dough. 2. One that cracks, especially: a. A firecracker. b. A small cardboard cylinder covered with decorative paper that holds candy or a party favor and pops when a paper strip is pulled at one or both ends and torn. c. The apparatus used in the cracking of petroleum. d. One who makes unauthorized use of a computer, especially to tamper with data or programs. 3. Offensive a. Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person of the rural, especially southeast United States. b. Used as a disparaging term for a white person.
hon·ky or hon·kie also hon·key (hôngk, hng-) n. pl. hon·kies also hon·keys Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a white person.
Then we have a SpearChucker:
And there is "whitey"
Whitey may refer to:
* Whitey, in African-American slang, is a term for white people whose attitude is seen as representative of The Man. However, it is considered an ethnic slur if directed towards anyone with a white-complexion.

|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,833 |
So then if Jeff Foxworthy can use the term "Redneck" then it's alright for a black person to use it, do I have that right?
So then it's alright for for black comedians to use the terms "cracker "and "snow flake ' and "peckerwood" too?
Can a white comedian even use the term "nappy headed hoe" and get away with it?
The mentality is that you just excused your racist terminology b/c "well, that's different".
Name one time a minority was held accountable for a racist remark or action....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,718 |
Quote:
Name one time a minority was held accountable for a racist remark or action....
Rodney King....oh wait, bad example. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 80,661 |
But that's different Shep!
They can use derogitory slangs like "whitey", "honky", "cracker" and that's FINE for "them" to be racist. But not "us".
They're FOS and I'll never live by that code. They call me whitey or cracker? They get the N word. I believe in free speech for ALL Americans. Not make "acceptions" for "certain races".
Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
So then if Jeff Foxworthy can use the term "Redneck" then it's alright for a black person to use it, do I have that right?
So then it's alright for for black comedians to use the terms "cracker "and "snow flake ' and "peckerwood" too?
Can a white comedian even use the term "nappy headed hoe" and get away with it?
The mentality is that you just excused your racist terminology b/c "well, that's different".
Name one time a minority was held accountable for a racist remark or action....
I shouldn't have used Jeff Foxworthy, I have a different classification for comedians.
However, if white people find the term redneck offensive, I won't use it...I've seen plenty of white people on this board use the term...however, many black people use the n word, but don't like white people using it. so, I won't say it again.
As far as naming a minority held accountable for using racist remarks...I can't think of one using such a remark. Point out an instance, and I'll tell you if he/she was held accountable
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465 |
Quote:
They can use derogitory slangs like "whitey", "honky", "cracker" and that's FINE for "them" to be racist. But not "us".
I'm not insinuating anything here...but I was slightly put off by your use of the words 'them' and 'us'. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
But that's different Shep!
They can use derogitory slangs like "whitey", "honky", "cracker" and that's FINE for "them" to be racist. But not "us".
They're FOS and I'll never live by that code. They call me whitey or cracker? They get the N word. I believe in free speech for ALL Americans. Not make "acceptions" for "certain races".
First of all, I don't see a lot of minorities using those words openly and freely.
Secondly...it's exceptions
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,530
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,530 |
Actually Pit you make a very valid point. Back when the Brawley thing happened in NYC. The one where this girl Brawley accused or alledged that like 3 white guys raped her, and the police whouldn't help her. Al Sharpton got invovled anyway and here's where it gets good.
They had a short of town meeting in Brooklyn I believe and Sharpton got up in front of everybody and made a speak and it went like this. A CRACKER IS A CRACKER IS a CRACKER> Well folks when a black person says cracker it's the same as the N word it carries the same meaning. Yet nobody said nothing he was allowed to get away with it.
Now I am for what is right and what is wrong if it's wrong to say N, then it's wrong to say Cracker. I personnally don't care what anybody calls me as long as it's not late for dinner..
Many not all Balck leaders are for equality nothing more others are pure racist in Black, Al Sharpton for one..
JMHO
Brown to the Bone
BTTB
AKA Upbeat Dawg
Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349 |
Quote:
[First of all, I don't see a lot of minorities using those words openly and freely.
Secondly...it's exeptions
You must not watch TV or movies very often. White boy is used all the time, god forbid if a white person on TV said black boy or black anything for that matter.
KING
You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164 |
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
[First of all, I don't see a lot of minorities using those words openly and freely.
Secondly...it's exeptions
You must not watch TV or movies very often. White boy is used all the time, god forbid if a white person on TV said black boy or black anything for that matter.
KING
I'll end this now, this is getting really boring.
If you all have so much to complain about...then do something about it...otherwise...stop crying
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711 |
just a general reply to the last 3-4 posters... ya see, this is why this is so much crap...were talking about namecalling....nothing more, nothing less.... its everyones way of making themself feel "better than..." and its all a bunch of bull.....sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me....pretty simple...to bad so many ADULTS don't take heed.... why is it that we have to act like children? or even take these kind of words seriously? call me whitey..i could care less...call me fat...i'll tell ya that your probably right....stupid?...nope cause i don't think i am.... this is why...if any of you have read the article that i posted earlier in this thread....its so important for us all to become one nation....we're all Americans....not black...not white...not Italian, or African...we should strive to be American... everyone keeps up these stupid racial prejudices, and you know what? it accomplishes nothing...except for keeping the hate alive...keeping us all seperate... were all here...we're all American....why can't we just all exist together? because everyone keeps telling us were different... and for the record....i don't think foxworthy has ever called anyone a redneck....he just says...."you might be a redneck" 
Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349 |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[First of all, I don't see a lot of minorities using those words openly and freely.
Secondly...it's exeptions
You must not watch TV or movies very often. White boy is used all the time, god forbid if a white person on TV said black boy or black anything for that matter.
KING
I'll end this now, this is getting really boring.
If you all have so much to complain about...then do something about it...otherwise...stop crying
If the discussion bothers you so much then go elsewhere. You have the right(under this American flag) to voice your opinion , then so do we. Black people need to stop bitching about racism so much but then perpetuating it.
KING
You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,164 |
I've never been offended by the use of any slang terms for me because I'm white, or Italian. I do get very upset when my Mother's side of the family brings up my Irish backround. Not so much because I'm offended, but because I'm ashamed.
#gmstrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349 |
Quote:
Irish backround. Not so much because I'm offended, but because I'm ashamed.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
The discussion doesn't bother me...I'm just tired of it. I am well aware of my rights and how to exercise them...thanks
White people need to stop complaining too...cause that's all this thread has been...5 pages of white people complaining about racism.
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349 |
Quote:
White people need to stop complaining too...cause that's all this thread has been...5 pages of white people complaining about racism.
We have a right to be hostile, our people have been persecuted !! 
I just got of of a 30 day ban , so this is my first chance to be a whiney cracker 
KING
You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663 |
Question for you Ndutyme. Why is it that there is a thread of "5 pages of white people complaining about racism." that bothers you?
See, I've never been one to be racist, but I've seen a lot of it. And honestly, I find that it is usually ok for a Black person or a Hispanic person to complain about it, and not many people tell them that they are complaining too much. But I rarely see it being discussed by white people, and all of the sudden it seems like "we're crying" about it too much.
I don't think that this is so much crying as it is a open discussion that is trying to inform you, and everyone who reads the thread that this isn't only seen by Black people, Hispanic people or Asian people. There is another side to it. White people are discriminated against as well. No, America did not go to our ancestor's country of origin and enslave us, but there are some that will descriminate against white people just because we are white. We do get the name calling. Some of the name calling is just as offensive as a Black person being called a , or a Japanese person being called a Jap, or a or a Hispanic person being called a Spic.
It happens, yes, some do something about it. But part of doing something about it is talking about it. It's not meant as a attack on you personally or anyone else. More informative is all.
JMO.
KeysDawg
The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
White people need to stop complaining too...cause that's all this thread has been...5 pages of white people complaining about racism.
We have a right to be hostile, our people have been persecuted !! 
I just got of of a 30 day ban , so this is my first chance to be a whiney cracker 
KING
Have at it!
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Question for you Ndutyme. Why is it that there is a thread of "5 pages of white people complaining about racism." that bothers you?
See, I've never been one to be racist, but I've seen a lot of it. And honestly, I find that it is usually ok for a Black person or a Hispanic person to complain about it, and not many people tell them that they are complaining too much. But I rarely see it being discussed by white people, and all of the sudden it seems like "we're crying" about it too much.
I don't think that this is so much crying as it is a open discussion that is trying to inform you, and everyone who reads the thread that this isn't only seen by Black people, Hispanic people or Asian people. There is another side to it. White people are discriminated against as well. No, America did not go to our ancestor's country of origin and enslave us, but there are some that will descriminate against white people just because we are white. We do get the name calling. Some of the name calling is just as offensive as a Black person being called a , or a Japanese person being called a Jap, or a or a Hispanic person being called a Spic.
It happens, yes, some do something about it. But part of doing something about it is talking about it. It's not meant as a attack on you personally or anyone else. More informative is all.
JMO.
It doesn't bother me, after 5 pages of saying the same thing over and over, it's growing tiresome. It's part my fault, because, when someone says something directly to me, I feel it my duty to respond.
While you say it's rarely discussed by white people, it's discussed by white people on this board all the time. Usually, people taking shots at me in the process.
I've never said white people don't get discriminated against. I'm saying, if it bothers you, stand up and be heard. Somewhere other than this board
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,663 |
Quote:
It doesn't bother me, after 5 pages of saying the same thing over and over, it's growing tiresome. It's part my fault, because, when someone says something directly to me, I feel it my duty to respond.
While you say it's rarely discussed by white people, it's discussed by white people on this board all the time. Usually, people taking shots at me in the process.
I've never said white people don't get discriminated against. I'm saying, if it bothers you, stand up and be heard. Somewhere other than this board
I've not seen it being overly discussed on this board. Actually, this is the first time I've seen it discussed at any great length.
I didn't say that you said White folks don't get discriminated against, I was merely summarizing the conversation. It wasn't meant as a quote from you if that's how it looked.
As far as standing up for it somewhere other than here on this board, I would certainly do so provided the circumstance presented itself. I've done so before.
KeysDawg
The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,711 |
Quote:
It doesn't bother me, after 5 pages of saying the same thing over and over, it's growing tiresome. It's part my fault, because, when someone says something directly to me, I feel it my duty to respond.
well i would hope it doesn't bother you, cause your the one that inadvertantly started the whole racism topic on this thread...
when you dismissed (an opinion of theodore roosevelt) and said wasen't he the same president that set up camps for the japanese....then it was said that was a racist action (by i don't remember who) ....now here we are 5 pages later still arguing about it...
everybody is affected by racism...black and white alike....
i prefer to call a spade a spade...idiots are idiots, and cool people are cool....i prefer to judge people by there actions, not the color of there skin...
Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
well i would hope it doesn't bother you, cause your the one that inadvertantly started the whole racism topic on this thread...
when you dismissed (an opinion of theodore roosevelt) and said wasen't he the same president that set up camps for the japanese....then it was said that was a racist action (by i don't remember who) ....now here we are 5 pages later still arguing about it...
everybody is affected by racism...black and white alike....
i prefer to call a spade a spade...idiots are idiots, and cool people are cool....i prefer to judge people by there actions, not the color of there skin...
I started not to even check back on this, but I'm glad I did...I didn't say anything about Roosevelt...you need to get your facts and reading comprehension straight. Check again Sherlock! 
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't bother me, after 5 pages of saying the same thing over and over, it's growing tiresome. It's part my fault, because, when someone says something directly to me, I feel it my duty to respond.
While you say it's rarely discussed by white people, it's discussed by white people on this board all the time. Usually, people taking shots at me in the process.
I've never said white people don't get discriminated against. I'm saying, if it bothers you, stand up and be heard. Somewhere other than this board
I've not seen it being overly discussed on this board. Actually, this is the first time I've seen it discussed at any great length.
I didn't say that you said White folks don't get discriminated against, I was merely summarizing the conversation. It wasn't meant as a quote from you if that's how it looked.
As far as standing up for it somewhere other than here on this board, I would certainly do so provided the circumstance presented itself. I've done so before.
Good for you...I wasn't necessarily referring to you specifically, but more in general. People seem to wanna gripe to me, like I stole their lunch or something.
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349
Hall of Famer
|
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,349 |
Quote:
People seem to wanna gripe to me, like I stole their lunch or something.
No people have a legitimate complaint and you always seem to be the one that wants to act like they dont. If you dont care for the conversation then dont join it.
KING
You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399 |
Quote:
I started not to even check back on this, but I'm glad I did...
You can't help yourself. 
yebat' Putin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,465 |
This comes from Glenn Beck, who I almost never agree with but who seems to be the most tolerable of the 'conservative" radio group...
"Political correctness is the classic Great Idea Gone Wrong. All it's done is shut us up. It hasn't changed anybody's mind. It hasn't changed our hearts. It's changed our faces. It's taken every opinion we have, it's taken every joke we have, and it's forced us to conceal it and hide it and bury it. It's made us superficial."
I think I strongly agree with most of that wording...I don't think Beck and I would agree if the discussion went deeper...but what are we doing at the end of the day besides masking racism?
Where's the progress in making a racist stifle his feelings?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
People seem to wanna gripe to me, like I stole their lunch or something.
No people have a legitimate complaint and you always seem to be the one that wants to act like they dont. If you dont care for the conversation then dont join it.
KING
You've got things completely backwards. I love the conversation truthfully, but LIKE I SAID...after a while it does get tiresome, cause people never truly listen to what is said...they listen just enough to find something to respond to. Which keeps a rather mundane argument going further than it thruly needs to.
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
Quote:
Quote:
I started not to even check back on this, but I'm glad I did...
You can't help yourself.
You're right...I'm a glutton for punishment.
Honestly though, I love to politic with you all. I want to understand your point of view, just like I want you to understand mine. It's when things start to get dismissive and people make things personal, is when I start swinging. If we can discuss it, let's discuss, but if it's gonna turn ugly, I'd rather not get banned again.
But, I can't just put it down...it's like playing a video game that you just got to the good part and it's 3 in the mornin, and yes you have to go to work.
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368
Legend
|
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,368 |
Did you say something?  Sometimes I think we make a little headway in these types of conversations. I think we have in the past anyway, when discussing different kinds of people and sharing our own feelings about each other, ourselves and our perceptions. Other times, absolutely nothing gets really discussed or settled and it just becomes a tinkling contest where nobody listens or tries to understand the other side.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283
Dawg Talker
|
Dawg Talker
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,283 |
So...by that rationale, political correctness prevents a racist from calling me a to my face...hmmmmm!
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
|
|
|
DawgTalkers.net
Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Veteran cuts down Mexican flag
flown on top of an American flag
|
|