Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I called Gamestop and I will be picking mine up tomorrow morning, I can't wait!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I have a PS3 and this game!

If anyone wants to add me, it's osufan_88

Looking forward to reek havoc with some of you guys!

you had a good run Hank.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Be sure to a me, my PS name is the same as it is here, tastybrownies.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PSN ID = Letherface

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Last night I got to kill Vlad, which was nice. Michelle asked me to come in her apartment.

Then I got a mini Uzi and went and wacked some guy for the new boss. I hit up the internet and tried to date some other honies. Then the boss asked me if I knew one of them and I said no. I can't wait to go home and play it again!!!

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
This game is so addicting! Luckily I am finished with my finals and have a little free time.

All Pro
All Pro
Its a very good game!!!

I have a final exam in 30 minutes, but after that, I'm going to be playing GTA for awhile tonight.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I have a PS3 and this game!

If anyone wants to add me, it's osufan_88

Looking forward to reek havoc with some of you guys!

I'll add you tonight. I played the single-player game last night, but I'll jump on multiplayer if some of you will be on. I get home at midnight.

My name is "Dawgpound"

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I haven't found a damn gun yet.

Does it come at a certain point, or can you just beat the snot out of someone for one? I haven't found anyone with one, except the cops. LMAO, speaking of which, I went to the airport, stole one of those vehicles that have the steps to load the passengers and automatically got a 6 star wanted level. But that damn thing is indestructable, and I ALMOST got out of it. I made it back to the safe house, but got shot up as I was trying to get into the door ( I was surrounded and it was hard to see what was going on, so I got stuck behind something and couldn't get in)

The game is fun. I spent about 3 hours last night on it. It's a bit harder to beat up people. You get guys double and triple teaming you a lot. I used to go around on San Andreas and beat the crap outta people for money, but not as much here.

And for Buckdawg (I think it was him)- yes, they have stats regarding your longest jump, highest jump, etc.

The last mission I did was throwing the rock threw the shop window and getting Vlad's protection money.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ya eventually you will meet Smitri and the new boss and they will buy a mini uzi for you and show you where the gun shops are. The first time I got the pistol was with the Rastafarian guy, he had me shoot up some drug dealers. Then I used the uzi to wack some guy at the train station.

The guns are coming!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Not sure how far you are in single player...but yeah man, you get guns...oh the guns you get.

Shooting someone in the head never felt so good

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The last mission I did was where you meet Vlad, throw the rock through the Asian store's window, and get the protection money off of him.

I take it you switced out the 360 for the PS3?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Indeed...360 died for the last time

I'm about to go office space on the 360

you had a good run Hank.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Probably doing the same thing mine is...overheating. I bought one of those additional fans snap on things for the back, this thing: Intercooler.

Now my 360 won't freeze up at all, atleast as of today.

So is GTA IV worth $60?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I spent 300 dollars just to play GTA IV...well at least just that for the moment.

It's definately worth it.

you had a good run Hank.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I just picked it up today and it is DEFINITELY worth it, I traded in some of my games at Gamestop and got the game for a solid 23 bucks.

Just like everyone is saying this game is awesome, the look the feel, and the realism! I really like the revamped fighting system too, I have yet to play online multiplayer though.

I've played for about an hour or so an I am very glad I got it.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Sorry Tasty, I was playing with a few of my friends...my bad...

We need to set up a night when all of us PS3 GTAers can get on a just cause havoc...it's going to be fun

you had a good run Hank.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I just picked it up today and it is DEFINITELY worth it, I traded in some of my games at Gamestop and got the game for a solid 23 bucks.

Just like everyone is saying this game is awesome, the look the feel, and the realism! I really like the revamped fighting system too, I have yet to play online multiplayer though.

I've played for about an hour or so an I am very glad I got it.

lolz, i traded a bunch of games in too, and payed 22 and change...

this lady lost her son at my work last year, and gave me this stack of games, which i didn't want (i felt bad though) so a month ago i traded them in just to clear closet space, and the guy told me it would be best if i traded them in towards a game instead of taking cash, so i told him just put it towards gta4

my first impressions of this game;

graphics are good, but not groundbreaking

i haven't gotten a weapon other then the knife yet so i can't really comment on the action

driving the car is very realistic...

the music: awesome

i like the cell phone, the gps system is great too

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Quote:

Indeed...360 died for the last time

I'm about to go office space on the 360

I'm a former 360 owner and current PS3 owner and never had a 360 break... People always ask me why I sold it if I never had a problem with it, that's because they're built like crap and are bound to break...

PS3 is going to kick some major ass in the system wars this year... They have a great lineup of games.

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

PRO-BOWLER!
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
As long as I don't get screwed again at work like I did last night, I'll be on tonight. Anyone interested in playing online after midnight, that's when I'll be on.

I know we're short on midnights tonight, and none of the people working tonight can or will stay, so hopefully I don't get shafted again since I stayed over last night. I want to play some GTA!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I was on last night trying all the new things out and switching the car controls back to classic like they were in the other games,lol.

Has anyone else had problems with connection in multiplayer, maybe it's someone else's internet not mine.

But I will look for you tonight.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
ok i havent played that much but, how the heck do you access multi player and online mode. How many people can play online at 1 time?

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just hit up and open your cell phone. There is an option for Multiplayer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Damn, you guys have me phening for this game. I really hope it's going to be released on PC.

All Pro
All Pro
The best mission I've played so far is one where you and 3 other people rob a bank. Tons of shooting in that mission.

I won't say anything else because I don't want to release information to people who haven't gotten this far yet. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

The best mission I've played so far is one where you and 3 other people rob a bank. Tons of shooting in that mission.

I won't say anything else because I don't want to release information to people who haven't gotten this far yet. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone.

I just beat that mission...

Best GTA mission ever, imo.

you had a good run Hank.
All Pro
All Pro
I agree!

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Which one sent me an invite last night?

I'll be on again tonight. I played multiplayer for a while, so I'm a little behind on singleplayer. Hit me up if you guys want to get something going.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
My game froze for the first time today, it was weird. The music kept playing, but I couldn't do anything so there must still be some bugs in the game.

I have a feeling they'll release a patch soon to combat it. But right now I just finished this mission for Vlad where I chased down this guy at the laundry mat.

I want new clothes! Does anyone know when I can unlock suits and ties, things like that?

-Charles Bukowski
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
If anyone wants to get in online multiplayer game together tonight, i'll be on around 11ish. PSN ID is.. uh.. Isaac_the_Llama

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Ahhhh, I was wondering which one was Isaac.....I'm on now, so I'll look for ya.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
McCutch- I kept getting your invites, but everytime I try to join, it says the room no longer exists.

My friend sent me a few, and I joined fine. Then just now, he sent me an invite 3 times, and it wouldn't let me join again.

Anybody having this problem???

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yes, I added you as a friend. But Dawgpound is right there seems to be some unfixed bugs in the system right now with the whole network. I don't know, has anyone else had the infinite loading issue or some freezing? It does nothing permanent to the Ps3, but it happened once or twice.

If your Ps3 freezes you're supposed to detach yourself from the PSN and everything works well, no problems. I have tried to join a multiplayer from an invite an it didn't work. The only one that did was awesome, I killed this guy like 3 times and I was the winner and then the game froze....

So it's not just you Dawgpound, other users are experiencing it. With this many people having problems they should release a patch.

BTW which car in the game do you think is the Mustang, the Verio or the Sabre GT? I always have one of those two as my car outside my apartment.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I'm not sure, not good with the car names. I usually don't look at the names I guess. All I know was last night I was playing multiplayer Free For All with my friend, and I was driving the car that looks like the Lamborghini. He was like halfway across the map and I caught up to him in it.

I hit this long straight away that he was on. I floored it, and had the pedal to the metal for like almost 10 seconds so I was FLYING. I clipped something, went airborne over my friend's car probably at least 2 or 3 stories high and several hundred feet down the road and into the side of a building. I laughed my butt off. That game can be so fun, especially with a group of people online.

Another one last night- I was playing Cops N Crooks with random people last night. Hadn't played that one, so I wasn't quite sure where I was going. It starts, and I'm in the driver seat with 3 guys as passengers. I hit the gas and start driving in the oncoming traffic lane on a bridge on the freeway. I figured I should get over, so I try hopping the median, and it sends my car airborne- right over the side of the bridge. We fall into the water, and of course I get calld a retard.

But we survived the fall, I swim to a wall, and I actually ended up being the only crook left at the end and beat all the cops.

I'll be on again tonight. I'll look for you Tasty or anyone else. Hopefully multiplayer works better. It's just connecting to invites. Everything else was fine, but it's better to play with friends, so I hope it's working.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Just came across this about PS3 problems with gta iv,

PS3 seizing up with GTA IV? - Solutions
Posted by Andy at 04:10. Category: General

You've probably seen this circulating around the internet by now, but if not, here's some light reading material for you to hit up in regards to the issue of PlayStation 3's seizing up with GTA IV.

For the uninformed: this isn't just a problem affecting a few people -- not by a long shot. PS3's all over the world have been going nutty when Grand Theft Auto IV is added to the mix. If you're one of the unlucky ones who are frantically trying to get this working again, we have a couple of solutions for ya.

The first solution is a relatively simple one. To quote resident GTANet staffer Justin:

Before you go ahead and say goodbye to your hard work in deleting your saved game (as suggested by T2), try signing out of the PlayStation Network (PSN) by either canceling the sign in process before it can be completed under the Network option on the XMB, or navigating to Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection and disabling the current connection.
The second solution is the official one from Take Two, and it's considerably more involved...

Please run through the following, go through in order.

1) Delete the game's install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the game's install information.

2) Delete the game's save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your Internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the Internet if using this.

4) Disable the console's information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the system's Internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8 ) Once this has been done, manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will be prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The game's auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the game's flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.

If that doesn't solve the problem, Take-Two allows tech support users to reopen their cases within seven days.

from gta4.net

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Grrrrr...... still having problems connecting to certain people's invites. Tasty- I was getting yours along with McCutch's, but I can't join. Says room no longer exists.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Grrrrr...... still having problems connecting to certain people's invites. Tasty- I was getting yours along with McCutch's, but I can't join. Says room no longer exists.

Yeah, Tasty I got your first invite and the game froze on me so I had to reset, next few times it told me the room didn't exist.

I see a patch comming soon.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Yeah it's acting really really weird. At one point I had everything set up but you guys were the ones having trouble, and when you guys had it set up I was the one not there,lol.

There's a whole bunch of bugs in that online system. I was going to select party mode and have 4 slots open, but these random people started coming in and I didn't want to play with them.

If anyone is on tonight again we should give it another try.

-Charles Bukowski
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
PS3 60gb models mostly and XBOX 360 are both having freezing problems... Surprised they didn't find this in the beta process...

I came across the problem and I had to unhook my Ethernet cable, online isn't a big deal to me right now anyway.

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

PRO-BOWLER!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

Does anyone know if you can import your own music to play via a radio station?

I know I can listen to my own music via my hard drive, but it plays all the time, even when out of the car, I want to know if its possible to listen to your own music only from the radio while in the car?

Eat it Phil...
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming GTA IV......ONLINE!

Link Copied to Clipboard