Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone excited for this Missou / Illinois game? Hard not to like Juice and Co. being in Illinois. They're my adopted team.

Should be plenty of points in this one.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nas I thought you were a scUM fan?? Anyway, from everything I am hearing on Beanie is that he has some sort of sprain on the top of his foot. They say he'll probably miss next week for precautionary reasons, but will most likely suit up against U$C.

I hope so, because after watching U$C it's going to take everyting we have to beat them in SoCal.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Legend
Legend
Totally forgot about that game!!!

Bama is looking very strong so far.... I can't believe how much young talent they havel... seems like every big play is done by a freshman

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Totally forgot about that game!!!

Bama is looking very strong so far.... I can't believe how much young talent they havel... seems like every big play is done by a freshman

Yeah, never understood Saban's appeal, especially for these younger guys but he sure as hell can recruit. Always came off as a used car salesmen to me.

Legend
Legend
Man I feel stupid....I had clemson playing OSU in the national championship game.

J
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J
I picked bama. Clemson to me is always talked up as being tough and they always choke.

Legend
Legend
Your right, bowden has no excuses. This is the most talented team hes ever had.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
well they've only got 1 returning OL

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
Legend
Legend
The best teams in the big 10 are geting their asses served to them.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

OSU won by 43

haha - yeah, thought Illinosis would have played better... but Mizzou is a really good team. Should make it to the Big 12 championship game again

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Juice Williams will be great if he can develop touch on his passes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Missouri is no joke. Thought Illinois would have shown better but Missou was one of the best teams in the country last year. Returned 10 starters on defense and I believe 8-9 on offense. After seeing them play against Illinois, I would not be surprised to see them in the title game. Chase Daniel is just unbelievable. If their defense can hold it together like they did last night, the offense is going to surely score enough points.

They were the most impressive team I saw yesterday and it was by a lot.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, its always impressive when your defense gives up 42 points.

Their offense looked good, thats it.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yea, its always impressive when your defense gives up 42 points.

Their offense looked good, thats it.

Hey, not everyone can play YSU.

The defense made plays when it had to, which is really all you need to have happen when your offense is virtually unstoppable. Illinois will probably be one of the best defensive teams in the Big 10 and Missou dropped 52 on them. As for the 42 points they gave up (which I didn't even realize.....shut it off and went to bed after it was 52-35), chalk that last TD up to the game being over. Not saying that giving up 35 is great but when you expect to get 40+ from your offense, if you keep it around 30, you're probably going to win every game.

The thing that impressed me so much about Missouri was their balance. Sure, the can air it out but they're also going to be one of the best running teams as well. Tacked on 200+ on the ground to go along with 300+ through the air. To drop 52 points and 550 yards on a team as good as Illinois, while not even playing your best game, is pretty eye opening. Unless 10 point wins (even with a late TD), on a neutral field, against a top 15-20 team is no longer worth much.

As for Illinois, they'll be fine in the Big 10. Juice was damn good last night, he just made 2 mistakes. He'll settle in and be a great QB IMO. Probably come down to OSU and Illinois for the Big Ten title.

M
1st String
1st String
M
Anyone hear Mark May ripping on OSU again yesterday... he and Lou were asked if there was any team out there that could go undeafeated and Lou said the only undeafeated team would be the winner of the USC/OSU game and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....
This to me puts so much more on the USC game because I can't stand this guy! The other guy whose name is alluding me right now interjected right after he said "maybe Buckeyes fans didn't" and said now what hold on... and then May continued... maybe ESPN is trying to get him to lay off the Buckeye bashing because the guy who stepped in clearly knew where this was headed.

Legend
Legend
OSU is not the only thing this idiot bashes,....I just tune him out. Woody (or Bruce ?) must not have recruited him or something.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Man I feel stupid....I had clemson playing OSU in the national championship game.

Is it possible for the ACC to be any worse? Good Lord....

Clemson gets pounded, it's not that they lost to a good SEC team, but they got pounded and they were supposed to win the ACC (and still might)

Va Tech, who was picked to win the ACC if Clemson didn't, gets beat by East Carolina....

UNC who is supposed to be an up and coming team and compete to win its division has to come from behind late to beat McNeese State...

UVA, who I didn't expect to win or even keep it really close with USC, but they didn't even show up...

Maryland puts up a whopping 14 points against Delaware...

NC State showed up for the first half but has to have the most anemic offense in the world and gets shut out by South Carolina...

Heck the team that looked the best in week 1 might have been Duke... and that's just sad right there.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ya, Duke and football go together like oil and water....

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kentucky up 10-0 on Loserville at halftime. Go Cats!

Legend
Legend
Must be that QB from Ohio,...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hartline has looked good so far, for being a Sophomore in his first start. The only thing I've noticed, is it looks like he's afraid to audible. That could be something the coaches want to keep him from doing, I don't know, but it seems like he has been running our RB's right into a blitz that was obvious it's coming.

Maybe the coaches don't want him to audible at the line? I don't know. But, it'll get better with experience, I hope.

Legend
Legend
As a soph with little experience, I would agree it's a coaching thing; so you gotta wonder if he audibled much in high school,...?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Quote:

Anyone hear Mark May ripping on OSU again yesterday... he and Lou were asked if there was any team out there that could go undeafeated and Lou said the only undeafeated team would be the winner of the USC/OSU game and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....
This to me puts so much more on the USC game because I can't stand this guy! The other guy whose name is alluding me right now interjected right after he said "maybe Buckeyes fans didn't" and said now what hold on... and then May continued... maybe ESPN is trying to get him to lay off the Buckeye bashing because the guy who stepped in clearly knew where this was headed.

Dude, this stuff with Mark May has been going on since 02. He literally picked the Buckeyes to lose like 4 different times that year. Obviously, we brought home the Crystal that year...

It actually used to be a lot worse on ESPN before Trev Alberts got canned. Those two as a team were just ridiculous. All in all, who really cares what Mark May thinks? The fact of the matter is that the BigTen IS weak right now, and that kind of snowballs into his thoughts about us. Hell, without OSU, the conference would be in absoulute shambles. And trust me, I hate saying that, but it's the truth right now. Hopefully some of these other programs in the BigTen will rise to our level...

I heart winning
Legend
Legend
I was speculating on May earlier, re "recruiting," but I'm sure I heard Trev actually state on ESPN that he got "overlooked by Iowa" on his way to Nebraska,....hence his disdain for The Big Ten.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you like a defensive (or bad offensive) game, this Kentucky vs. Loserville game is the game for you. UK is up 10-2 in the 4th. 3 total points by either offense. UK has a FG, and a fumble return for a TD. Loserville has a safety. LOL.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I have been flipping back and forth...

One of the most boring games I can remember watching in a long time..

Louisville is absolutely HORRIFIC!

I heart winning
Legend
Legend
Is it great defense or horrible offense?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Hartline

Is he Brian Hartline's brother?

Joe Thomas made Justin Timberlake change his name. He didn't want wusses to have the same initials...

Dawg Talker since 3/26/2005...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Hartline

Is he Brian Hartline's brother?

Yeah.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Is it great defense or horrible offense?

A little bit of both.

Legend
Legend
Loservilles offense is just flat out terrible.

Off topic here but Jaamal Berry has committed to Ohio State over scholarship offers from Florida, Ole Miss, Michigan, LSU and many others across the country. Hes the #1 rated RB in the 2009 recruiting class.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL at Myron Pryor returning a fumble 72-yards for a TD!

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The rich get richer

I heart winning
Legend
Legend
Louisvilles QB is horrible. Hes not even close to being accurate.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Hes the #1 rated RB in the 2009 recruiting class.

#6 according to Rivals but still a very good player. Think he might be #5 on Scout?

I don't know all the guys ahead of him but I know Bryce Brown is the consensus #1 RB. I believe he's committed to the 'Canes?

Legend
Legend
The ESPN 150 has him rated #1. Your right about bryce brown.

Thunder= Carlos Hyde
Lightning= Jaamal Berry

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The ESPN 150 has him rated #1. Your right about bryce brown.

Yeah, ESPN's scouting services aren't quite as good as Scout/Rivals. They're not terrible but they are all over the place with their rankings.

Not downgrading Berry, he's a hell of a player (4-star by both Scout and Rivals) and a really nice get for OSU but there's no way he's a better prospect then Brown. Even at 17, Brown could be an every down college back. Guy has just special talent. So physically gifted. He rushed for 2,000 yards..... as a sophomore. Still can't figure out how a kid from Kansas would want to go to the 'Canes though?

Brown was at the Dallas Fort Worth camp, measured in at 5'11' 1/2 (215 LBS) and went out and ran a 4.35 40. How is that even fair? A kid with that solid of a body, as a HS junior and that fast. Sheesh. In his HS career he has 5,336 yards and 61 TD's.....with his senior year to go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TMR night has an interesting game.. TN / UCLA. at 8 pm. I think I'll have dinner done and all the work put to bed and settle down to watch that un..

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
Quote:

and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....

I bet Youngstown State could give UVA a game...

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....

I bet Youngstown State could give UVA a game...

yeah i heard when mark may said that

what he didn't point out is that jim tressel was rotating his first and second teams in all game, so they wouldn't have looked as flashy, plus he doesn't run it up like pete carroll loves to....

usc kept their guys in pretty much the whole game, well into the 4th, anyways...

it's pretty obvious mark may dislikes teams in the big ten... i remember when he tried spewing the whole "the big east is better than the big ten!" garbo a season or two ago

yeah mark, yeah.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Well todays finally here Part 2 (Ohio State/YSU)

Link Copied to Clipboard