Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
cfrs15 #457804 01/26/10 01:57 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Anyway, I forgot to mention Brandon Graham, DE/OLB from Michigan. He's burning everyone off the line.

From Walter Football . . .

Brandon Graham, Michigan
Height: 6-1. Weight: 263.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2010): 2.

1/22/10: Brandon Graham finished his senior campaign with an amazing 25 TFL and 9.5 sacks.

11/14/09: A projected solid right end or 3-4 linebacker in the NFL, Brandon Graham has 17 TFL and 6.5 sacks in 2009.

5/18/09: Brandon Graham finished the 2008 season with 20 TFL and 10 sacks.

11/16/08: It should be interesting to see if Ben Graham can run a 4.6 at the combine. If he does, he'll definitely turn some heads. Through nine games, Graham has 15.5 TFL and nine sacks.

They have him listed as the #2 3-4 Rush Linebacker after Terry Hughes of TCU. Too bad Browns fans don't let Wolverines succeed in Cleveland . . .

cfrs15 #457805 01/26/10 02:31 PM
Legend
Legend
The state of Idaho is turning into a football factory.

ExclDawg #457806 01/26/10 02:40 PM
All Pro
All Pro
Tyson Alualu tossed Iupati like a rag doll today when he was out at LT.

HACK

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Now that is something I would like to see!

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
All Pro
All Pro
Not sure if NFL.com will have these online....I felt like they did last year...but I dont remember....I have it DVR'd.....if it does not show up on the net in the next day...Ill see what I can do to get it online.

HACK

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Tyson Alualu tossed Iupati like a rag doll today when he was out at LT.

HACK

I saw that. In time he may get it. For now they just wanted to see what he could do.

put him back in the phone booth and he is pretty stout.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457810 01/26/10 03:11 PM
Legend
Legend
You should all listen to Peen and Ammo Tim Tebow can do no wrong!!!

His pure will and determination will strike fear into opponenets hearts! I've also heard rumours of him being coached by the great Rex Grossman himself! His release is so amazing that if you blink 10-15 times you might miss it!

cfrs15 #457811 01/26/10 04:37 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I highly doubt that Iupati is the first lineman taken. Teams don't draft a guard or someone who has never played tackle before in the top 5.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Tebow has strep throat. No wonder he's struggling.

Ammo #457813 01/26/10 05:10 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Tebow has strep throat. No wonder he's struggling.

Strep throat doesn't affect fumbling snaps and your drops backs. It may take away some of his arm strength, but how much depends.

He is struggling because he is a system quarterback who has never played in a pro style offense and is now being thrust into one. He may be able to learn and correct his flaws, but I honestly doubt it considering how much he has to do and how little patience teams have.

cle23 #457814 01/26/10 05:23 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Strep has nothing to do with anything - qb wise.

I WILL say this - for a guy that played shotgun his entire career - fumbling some snaps from under center is understandable, and VERY correctable. His fumbled snaps are of no concern to me, If I was a scout. Easily correctable.

Heck, in H.S. I was a backup qb......most of my snaps came w/ the 2nd string center. We had no problems. When I ran plays with the starting center, I had trouble - different feel to it. Took a bit to get comfortable with where the ball was going to hit my hands.

Tebow's problems with the snaps are nothing. No concern. (add in he's playing with a center he's never played with before, and bingo - combined with him not being used to taking ANY snaps - there's the problem)

Now, his throwing motion, his footwork, his accuracy - for all I know those may be big problems. But getting the snap from center is easily correctable.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
i'm very interested in what's going to happen with tebow but what i would say is we should all expect to hear about him struggling with handoffs and such at the beginning of practice. this shouldn't be news to anyone. what i really want to see is the progression he makes through this week, culminating in his performance in the game. if he's a gamer, with "it," and is an intelligent qb, i fully expect to see him improved in all facets of his weakness. he doesn't need to have a lights out game but he has to show enough improvement to give one team hope that he can continue in his development.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

Heck, in H.S. I was a backup qb......most of my snaps came w/ the 2nd string center. We had no problems. When I ran plays with the starting center, I had trouble - different feel to it. Took a bit to get comfortable with where the ball was going to hit my hands.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yeah, that's what i was saying.

Here's the long and short of it: If tebow has no accuracy, that's his fault. If his mechanics are terrible, that's his fault. If he can't make a simple hand off, that's his fault.

Not being able to take a snap from a brand new center he's never worked with, while at the same time getting used to taking snaps from under center? Easily fixed.

Go on about your glory days. I could think of a few songs myself.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Hey I was just having a little fun. I didnt mean to offend you. We've all heard the back in my day blah blah blah, not saying thats what you were doing because you were using it as a reference point to illustrate your point, without telling us how many TDs and state titles you won.

A
Legend
Legend
A
You DID understand I was the backup qb, right? State titles? 0. Touchdowns as a qb? 0.

Touchdowns as a tight end/ split end? 9 my sr. year. And that means??????????? Nothing.

My point was about the qb getting the snap from center. If a "pro" like wailin edwards can get off saying "I can't catch the ball because different people throw it", then Tebow should get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doing something he hasn't done before, especially when it's a center he's never in his life worked with before.

No more, no less. Like I said - if his footwork is bad, it's his fault. If his accuracy is bad, his fault. If his delivery takes too long - his fault.

He has trouble getting the snap? Big deal.. Easily correctable. That's all I was saying. (but if you check out the 1986 all state teams......I"m there bud. Not first team - but I'm there. As a split end - in case you doubt my "credentials", if that's what you want to call them )

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude, he was messin' with you...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just stirring the pot a little Arch but all the QBs are with a unfamiliar center,right? Any other of the QBs having this problem?

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Dude, he was messin' with you...

Yeah, I know.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Eat it Phil...
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Just stirring the pot a little Arch but all the QBs are with a unfamiliar center,right? Any other of the QBs having this problem?

KING

Stir all you want - I am the farthest thing from a Tebow supporter/fan. All I'm saying is if he's having trouble with snaps under center, that is easy to fix.

As to my knowledge, the other 2 qb's on tebows team also came from predominantly shot gun settings, and I've not heard that they are having trouble with snaps.

Take it for what it is. I do. IF tebows biggest problem is handling snaps from under center, that can be fixed, easily.

IF he has other problems - who knows if they can be fixed. I sure don't.

cle23 #457825 01/26/10 06:40 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Strep throat doesn't affect fumbling snaps and your drops backs. It may take away some of his arm strength, but how much depends.

I'm not on the Tebow bandwagon but the symptoms of strep throat are severe sore throat, fever which can cause weakness, painful swallowing.. if you don't think that will affect your overall strength, sharpness, focus and concentration in everything that he's trying to do, then you are fooling yourselves...

To say that having strep shouldn't affect his ability to play QB is just silly...

yebat' Putin
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Tebow looked alright today. Way better than yesterday.

Jeff Byers and Dexter McCluster both looked good.

Taylor Mays looked stiff.

cfrs15 #457827 01/26/10 06:54 PM
N
Legend
Legend
N
North Practice Notes - Day 2 (other practices can be found pretty easily from that link as well).

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2010practice2.php

Quote:

By Matt McGuire
Jan. 27, 2010
Send Matt an e-mail here: mmcguire5@gmail.com
All other e-mail, including advertising and link proposals, send to: wpc112@gmail.com

Today was another gorgeous day in Mobile. I'm loving this weather and very thankful we don't have too much wind, cold temperatures and rain. The Draft gods are certainly looking out for us this. Let's get to the report:

One player who didn't impress me that much today was UMass offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse. He didn't look like the most fluid athlete and he struggled with his lateral movement in 1v1's. Tyson Alualu stunned him with a rip move then later got under his pads on a bull a little too much for my liking. The scouts and coaches want to see how the small-school guys step up to the big competition and Ducasse isn't living up to the hype at the moment after a great weigh-in.

TCU linebacker Daryl Washington had another great day of practice. He's very athletic with great range and was all over the field on 11v11's. The problem is I think he lacks some versatility as a WILL linebacker only, but can also be a very good producer on special teams early in his career.

Yesterday's MVP, Boise State corner Kyle Wilson, has really stepped up to the plate this week. He is turning and running with receivers, and is very physical with his jam at the line of scrimmage. I have a hard time seeing him go in the first round, but he's solidifying a second-round grade this week.

One player who really impressed me today was Wake Forest's Brandon Ghee. Clemson's Jacoby Ford is the fastest receiver here (sub 4.40 time) and Ghee was step for step with Ford on a go route and had a beautiful pass break-up. These are the same plays I saw on tape. Ghee didn't see many balls thrown his way this past year at Wake Forest, but when given the chance, he made some plays in Tuesday's practice.

Wisconsin tight end Garrett Graham really struggles getting off the jam at 234 pounds. I talked to a couple draftniks who are seriously concerned with his frame. Graham showed good hands at the practice, but he looks like a late-rounder.

Illinois' Mike Hoomanawanui had the block of the day that got the Lions tight ends coach very hyped on the field and drew a gasp from the crowd. He's a very physical player with excellent strength, and I think he would be a great fit for teams like Carolina and Cincinnati that love blocking tight ends.

The receiver who showed some inconsistencies today was Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard. He struggled to locate the football times and avoided contact. On tape I see he's scared to go over the middle and with his frame (179 pounds) he needs to prove that he plays bigger than he is. Draftniks seem to be torn on him - you love Gilyard or hate him. I personally don't like him very much.

Notre Dame safety Kyle McCarthy will struggle to get drafted in the first five rounds. I love his vocal leadership on the field and toughness, but he really struggles to eliminate space and lacks some serious speed.

From the little I saw of Rutgers' corner Devin McCourty today I was quite impressed. He's starting to win me over, and the thing I like about him is his intriguing, under-the-radar skill set. McCourty is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none but he finds ways to make plays, and receivers have a tough time fooling him when they get out of their breaks.

Idaho's Mike Iupati was very physical in 11v11's, but in 1v1's he was simply on the ground too much for my liking. He'll overextend and play top heavy, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced there's no way the Cowboys pass up on him in the first round. He's a prototypical guard for their system. Iupati manhandled Purdue defensive tackle Mike Neal a couple times and made it look easy - and Neal is an impressive specimen.

My favorite defensive tackle here so far is easily Penn State's Jared Odrick. He is very consistent, doesn't take many plays off, and has the best hands of any defensive lineman here. Odrick is very active and I think he can put on another 15 pounds without losing much speed.

Cincinnati's Tony Pike had another poor outing. His accuracy was shaky and he threw a ball that was one of the ugliest passes I've ever seen out of a college quarterback. He put out too much good tape for me to take this week too seriously, but second round is now out of the question because he lacks some serious bulk as a stick figure which will turn a lot of teams off.

Another defensive tackle who is impressing is Louisiana Tech's D'Anthony Smith. He has been playing with some power and nice quickness, and I was really impressed with his build at the weigh-in.

My most favorite coach on the Lions staff is without a doubt is defensive line coach Kris Kocurek. He's giving a lot of good pointers technique-wise, and I love his backwards hat and fiery demeanor.

Michigan's Brandon Graham had a very nice practice today and this is his environment. At the Combine he won't blow your socks off, but when the pads are on, he stands out. Graham is very physical and has some good short area quickness. He made Utah's Zane Beadles eat dirt on a nasty spin move that had the sidelines crowing.

Murray State defensive end Austin Lane made some impressive plays in 11v11's. In pursuit, he showed a good motor and got himself involved. He measured in at a legit 6-6 and he has room to add on some muscle. He's a sleeper to watch out for in the draft process.

One of my favorite tight ends in the 2010 NFL Draft is Oregon's Ed Dickson. He's an average in-line blocker, but he has great ball skills, and showed good athleticism and body control in going up and catching a pass a couple feet over his head on a seam route.

Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is making me forget about his average senior season. I've been told he has a very outgoing personality, but on the football field his instincts come to life and he is quick to diagnose and react. A big game in the Senior Bowl could guarantee he comes off the board in the top 50 picks.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not on the Tebow bandwagon but the symptoms of strep throat are severe sore throat, fever which can cause weakness, painful swallowing.. if you don't think that will affect your overall strength, sharpness, focus and concentration in everything that he's trying to do, then you are fooling yourselves...

To say that having strep shouldn't affect his ability to play QB is just silly...

I disagree.

Yes, strep would be another thing to over come............but come on - strep as an excuse?????? Sorry DC - doesn't fly for me.

cfrs15 #457829 01/26/10 07:09 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I was listening to Siruis at lunch. They RAVED about Graham and what he's showing. They also were mentioning that Iupati was the best OL on the North team, and he apparently is getting some time at LT. Interesting...

They said a couple positive things about Anthony Dixon (RB, Miss St) and raved about Jarrett Brown (QB, WVU) and how he was performing. Not too much else about specific players other than Tebow, but that's been talked about in this thread already.

Unrelated, but I check out Scott Wright's site NFLDraftCountdown - he had the following player/team observations. I don't know exactly what that means, but I suspect that the Browns have had converstions/interviews with the guys they have listed. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Monday.php

cfrs15 #457830 01/26/10 07:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Taylor Mays looked stiff.

Was Erin Andrews doing interviews?

clwb419 #457831 01/26/10 07:58 PM
N
Legend
Legend
N
is Warren (CB, Mich) playing in the senior bowl? I assume no since I haven't seen anything on him.

(assuming Suh and Berry are gone), I am supporting drafting Haden in our slot....but I really wouldn't mind trading down to draft Warren and then using our extra pick to get Graham (or a RT and get Graham with our 2nd).

as much as I hate Michigan....Graham and Warren both look like keepers and I would like to see them wearing the Brown and Orange.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I agree, but what can you say???

I say it again....Tebow will be a SB, MVP....as a QB.

The "experts" complaining around here are just tired of the guy, and I can understand that.....but he did have a good day today.

So what, he fumbled a snap yesterday.....answer me this candy....assuming he can't take a snap....and why couldn't he with a little work....a bunch of bums could....why would you even have him do it if he couldn't???

Face it, your just chapped he beat your team.

Keep on, it doesn't matter to me if he makes it in the pros unless we take him....that would be fun since we might win, but I won't digress.

Bottom line is you and a few others just don't like the guy...why I'll never know, but then I suppose the same holds for me, you'll never know.

But again, I would take him and we would win.

I will guarantee you this, he's better than anything we have on our team at the QB position foe or for the last 20 years..

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457833 01/26/10 08:05 PM
Legend
Legend
could he be the next donovan mcnabb?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

is Warren (CB, Mich) playing in the senior bowl? I assume no since I haven't seen anything on him.

No, he left school early, not a senior.

Eat it Phil...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

And that's bad???

I think he can be as good or better.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457836 01/26/10 08:56 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

So what, he fumbled a snap yesterday.....answer me this candy....assuming he can't take a snap....and why couldn't he with a little work....a bunch of bums could....why would you even have him do it if he couldn't???

Face it, your just chapped he beat your team.

Keep on, it doesn't matter to me if he makes it in the pros unless we take him....that would be fun since we might win, but I won't digress.

Bottom line is you and a few others just don't like the guy...why I'll never know, but then I suppose the same holds for me, you'll never know.

No Peen, you are such a homer that it's made you beyond blind. You will never admit how bad you are. He will be another Rex Grossman I'm sorry. So I'm done having this debate with you. Tebow will NEVER BE A GOOD NFL QB!!

Ballpeen #457837 01/26/10 09:10 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

And that's bad???

I think he can be as good or better.

Calm down... That was a compliment..

I wouldn't mind it if the Browns drafted Tebow.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

No Peen, you are such a homer that it's made you beyond blind. You will never admit how bad you are. He will be another Rex Grossman I'm sorry. So I'm done having this debate with you. Tebow will NEVER BE A GOOD NFL QB!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

You will never admit how bad you are

Upon reflection, I was pretty bad a jigzaw puzzles. Not so much because I couldn't figure them out. I just found it boring. Other than that, I have been from pretty good to great at most else.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457840 01/26/10 10:57 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Someone please... toss up a Glory Days youtube vid.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Ballpeen #457841 01/27/10 08:37 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

The "experts" complaining around here are just tired of the guy

Not an expert but I am tired of hearing about Tebow.

And you are the biggest Tebow homer this side of his mother. I'm sure the kid will have a reasonably successful NFL career. But a Super Bowl MVP? As I recall we heard the same thing from Diam about Quinn......

We know how that turned out.........

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One player who really impressed me today was Wake Forest's Brandon Ghee

Yes he's on my board....

Michigan's Brandon Graham had a very nice practice today and this is his environment. At the Combine he won't blow your socks off, but when the pads are on, he stands out. Graham is very physical and has some good short area quickness. He made Utah's Zane Beadles eat dirt on a nasty spin move that had the sidelines crowing.

Ughhh..I like him but if he continues to show out,someone else will snatch him up quickly.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 01/27/10 10:24 AM.
Legend
Legend
Just clicking:

Found this article,, thought it fit in here:

Quote:

Tim Tebow rebounds on second day at Senior Bowl, but questions remain about his NFL stock
01:39 AMYahoo! BuzzShare
DiggNewsvineRedditE-mailSavePrintShare01 Comments

Recommend On a day when his agent acknowledged that Tim Tebow was hospitalized for strep throat, the former Florida QB took a step forward in practices at the Senior Bowl on Tuesday.

Tebow, who struggled in Monday workouts working under center after operating primarily out of the shotgun in college, said he adjusted despite dealing with a 103-degree temperature.

"I mean, just getting used to things just a little bit more and feeling a little more comfortable," Tebow said, via the Gainesville Sun. "I felt it was a good day. I'm excited how things were."

Off the field, Tebow has been defending his decision to appear in a Super Bowl ad for Focus on the Family. On the field, he's been drawing mixed reviews from NFL talent evaluators:

Said one unnamed personnel executive to CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman: "Great kid but some of the worst mechanics and accuracy I've seen on a big-time QB prospect."

And, addressing Tebow's lackluster performance on Monday an unnamed scout said to NFLDraftScout.com: "Nothing he's going to do here is going to change the impression he's made the past four years."

Many analysts have said that the former Heisman Trophy winner's pedigree as a winner with the Gators will help him. Former Redskins coach Jim Zorn told NFLDraftScout.com he sees positives signs in Tebow:

"(Tebow is) highly competitive. I think he's going to be available to all 32 teams, I think, and everybody's really going to scrutinize - the one thing everybody is going to talk about is his release. It's a little elongated and things like that, but he's got all the intangibles, all the things needed. You just have to decide how that's going to look for your football team.

"I haven't been able to put a real evaluation on him. I think it would be unfair for me to give an opinion. Sometimes, at this present time, opinions are labels. Like I said, 'Elongated release.' All of a sudden, 'Uh-oh.' But those things can be coached. All of these players have to be coached. That's what we're for. Not to make them into machines or robots, but to get them to be more efficient. The thing that you can't coach in him is right in his heart (Zorn was patting his chest as he said it). That's a big issue."

-- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...his-nfl-stock/1

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Senior Bowl...

Link Copied to Clipboard