Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Legend
Legend
N
thank you....for some reason, i thought Warren was a senior.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who the hell is hospitalized for strep throat? Seriously.

Is that his people's way of saying, "I sucked on Monday because I was sick and ended up in the hospital?"

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Is that his people's way of saying, "I sucked on Monday because I was sick and ended up in the hospital?"

I think he went to the hospital,, not sure he was admitted or stayed very long..

He was back out on the field on Tuesday and it's reported that he performed much better..

I don't care what anyone says about this,, if you got a 103 degree Fever, then you WILL BE weaker through out your entire body.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Probably to be checked and have some fluids administered.

What's with the chip on the shoulder??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ammo #457848 01/27/10 02:57 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

No Peen, you are such a homer that it's made you beyond blind. You will never admit how bad you are. He will be another Rex Grossman I'm sorry. So I'm done having this debate with you. Tebow will NEVER BE A GOOD NFL QB!!

You and Peen would probabaly draft Tebow over Ndamukong Suh

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
McShay on ESPN this morning said that Tebow was 3 yrs away from playing/helping a team. He is that far behind its almost like taking a HS kid.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Ballpeen #457850 01/27/10 03:14 PM
M
1st String
1st String
M
Peen...legit question. I am still pondering what I think about the kid. How fast is he? What do you think he will run at the combine/pro days?

moon #457851 01/27/10 04:16 PM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I've seen 4.55 to 4.65 on different sites, but not sure if that is real or an estimate. Regardless, its pretty darn fast for a QB, fast for a TE and about avg for RB (not including speed backs)

cfrs15 #457852 01/27/10 04:20 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Interview with Mike Iupati:

Quote:

MOBILE, Ala. – In popular NFL parlance, Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati is a beast.

Already regarded as the top pure offensive guard prospect in the draft, Iupati has vaulted himself into first round status with a strong showing at the Senior Bowl this week.

At 6-foot-6, 325 pounds with long arms (35 inches) and impressive mobility, Iupati has lined up at both offensive guard spots as well as left tackle.

Despite playing against a lower level of competition in college, Iupati has been up to the task at practice this week. He’s a mauler with good feet and burgeoning technique.

NFL scouts are projecting him anywhere from the middle to the later portion of the first round.

Besides his initial quickness at the line of scrimmage, he controls defensive linemen with his strong base.

And the consensus All-American is building a reputation for having a nasty streak.

Former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah weighed in on Iupati this week.

“Most likely Pro Bowler if you took a poll of scouts at the Senior Bowl,” Jeremiah stated. “Rare size, strength and quickness. Sticks out like a sore thumb.”

National Football Post conducted the following interview today with Iupati:

How do you expect to do with the physical testing at the NFL scouting combine?

Iupati: “Yes, the athleticism, the speed. I’m pretty quick for a big guy. I want to run a 5.0 flat. I got a little bit stronger. I should be able to do 30 to 35 reps.”

What’s your confidence level like right now?

Iupati: “Yes, my mentality is confidence. I come here and concentrate. Even if I get beat, you know what; I’m going to go again. I’m not afraid of getting beat, but I just hate getting beat. I just come back and do it again better.”

How much better is the competition you’re facing here this week than what you saw at Idaho?

Iupati: “They’re top-notch. It’s crazy. You’re going against the best of the best. It makes me better. I came here with a confident mentality. I’m as good as anyone. I was blessed to go to Idaho. I don’t worry about what school someone went to. I just compete.”

What kind of feedback are you getting from the Detroit Lions staff that’s coaching the North squad this week?

Iupati: “They talked to my offensive line coach and they said they would love for me to play for their offensive line. I’m getting a lot of good feedback. I need to keep doing what I’m doing and stay humble.”

How did you wind up at Idaho?

Iupati: “I was a non-qualifier out of high school. Idaho saw me at a barbecue function at a JC and they went and talked to my head coach and offered me a Prop 48 deal.”

Is this your ideal playing weight?

Iupati: “I lost weight. I played heavy before. I’m a lot faster and quicker now. I lost weight since my first year of playing. I was about 345. I’m 325 to 330 now.”

Why did your family move to the United States from American Samoa?

Iupati: “Better chance for a better education. We didn’t have sports I was in junior high school or a chance to showcase our ability. We learned to compete and we’re very competitive.

“I’m a very competitive person. Football was a way for me to get distracted from gang life and other distractions. It’s a big key for me. I was a very good defensive player but I got moved to offense.”

What do the NFL teams ask you about during the interviews?

Iupati: “Just how good I know the game of football, what’s my knowledge of football. How do I learn and stuff and my language barrier. I think I picked it up very well. Most offenses run the same schemes, just different variations. My freshman year in college, I tried to learn the rules of the game I take it all very well.”

Where does your aggressiveness come from?

Iupati: “It’s something you’ve got to be very physical to be a competitor. You got to be physical to win the game, to be dominant. You got to come there and use your big body and be aggressive with it.”
Do you feel like you intimidate defensive linemen?

Iupati: “With my big size, some people get intimidated. Some other big guys are just big and they don’t care. With me after the game they’ll say wow, and congratulate me.”

Do you feel like you’re helping your stock?

Iupati: “Yes, by working with different positions and trying to get a feel for it at the next level you have to be versatile. I have to let them know I can play.”

Do you expect to go in the first round?

Iupati: “Yes, that’s my goal, but it don’t matter. Everything is a blessing for me.”

What did you want to accomplish at this game?

Iupati: “The reason why I took this offer to come play in the bowl game is to let them know I live up to the expectations that they rate me highly. I wanted to come here and showcase my athleticism and ability and let them know I am worthy to be the No. 1 guard or whatever."

What sets you apart?

Iupati: “My personality. I’m very humble. In the game, I turn it on. When it comes to football, I’m very laid back off the field.”

National Football Post

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gee, I wonder who else has said that?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Gee, I wonder who else has said that?

I whole bunch of people have. A lot of people see how many flaws he has and realize that it takes some time to fix those flaws, if they can be fixed.

cfrs15 #457855 01/27/10 04:46 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Call it a wasted pick at 7, I don't care -- these are the kinds of guys you build real football teams with.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I agree. The guy can play four different line positions well. Imagine him on the right and Joe Thomas on the left. Or him in between Joe Thomas and Alex Mack. Pretty crazy.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

Call it a wasted pick at 7, I don't care -- these are the kinds of guys you build real football teams with.

not a wasted pick, just too much $$$ for a OG.

now, if we trade down to say pick #21 and draft him while picking up other picks and useful players....

no wait, people on here will whine anyway when it takes him a couple games to get up to NFL speed.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
All well and good, but that's risky (moving around). This is the kind of kid that's not gonna "break the bank." In the long run, he'll be worth it.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
From what I've heard/read he can play right tackle.

cfrs15 #457860 01/27/10 05:40 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

From what I've heard/read he can play right tackle.

Iupati, Thompson impressing scouts ahead of Senior Bowl

By Bucky Brooks | NFL.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- The second day of Under Armour Senior Bowl practice typically brings about better play, as the players begin to shake off the anxiety of performing in front of a host of general managers, scouts and coaches.

Although most evaluators are willing dismiss some of the miscues from the first day, it is important for prospects to step up their game and display the skills that earned them a Senior Bowl invitation.

While most of the attention has been focused on the up-and-down performance of Tim Tebow, there are plenty of other NFL hopefuls who have had their moments throughout the first few practices in Mobile.

Let’s take a look at a few players who have created a buzz in scouting circles for their performance after two days of workouts:

Stock up

Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
The mammoth interior blocker has earned rave reviews for his sensational play throughout the North’s practice sessions. Iupati has absolutely dominated defenders at the point of attack, and his ability to routinely put elite players on the ground is indicative of his supremacy. Furthermore, the former Vandal has shown outstanding footwork and movement skills to complement his impressive combination of strength and power. With Iupati showing off a dazzling blend of skills, some scouts have projected him as a right tackle.

Syd’Quan Thompson, CB, California
The Bears' star has created quite a stir with his exceptional play during the North’s practice sessions. Thompson’s combination of cover skills and toughness is rare, and he started to evoke memories of Antoine Winfield at the position. While some scouts are still concerned about his size deficiency, Thompson’s knack for making plays on the ball and delivering punishing hits during drills has him creeping up draft boards across the league.

Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
The loquacious headhunter has opened eyes within the scouting community for his solid play in the middle. Weatherspoon has surprised some with his aggressive nature and his ability to play physical against blockers. Though he will need to prove that he can be a hammer against the run in game action, Weatherspoon has undoubtedly improved his stature among a solid group of linebackers at the Senior Bowl with his forceful play.

Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Williams has continued to ride the momentum from his solid senior season to push himself into first-round consideration. The Vols' star is adept at creating penetration up the gut, and his ability to chase down backs from the backside disrupts the flow of the running game. With Williams flashing dominant ability at the point of attack, it is not a surprise that his stock is shooting up the charts in the eyes of evaluators.

Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State
The former Bulldog has quietly impressed scouts looking for a bruiser at the running back position. Dixon's imposing stature complements a hard-nosed running style that makes him a feared runner between the tackles. Although he lacks the speed or receiving skills to be used as "three-down" player, his gritty demeanor and running style make him a coveted prospect for teams favoring power football.

Stock down

Taylor Mays, S, USC
The most impressive physical specimen on the field has underwhelmed scouts with his play this week. Mays has struggled staying with receivers in drills, and his outstanding measurables haven’t translated into smooth or fluid movements in coverage. While he has shown up occasionally as a hitter against the run, Mays' inability to get around the ball consistently has drawn red flags from scouts expecting to see a "can’t miss" talent at the safety position.

Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
The diminutive corner has been a slight disappointment to some due to his lack of top-end speed. Arenas’ difficulty running with speed receivers has led some scouts to peg him solely as a "nickel corner." While his exceptional return skills still make him a valued prospect, his perceived inability to project as a starting corner will lead him to slide down many draft boards.

web page

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
mac #457861 01/27/10 05:53 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
The mammoth interior blocker has earned rave reviews for his sensational play throughout the North’s practice sessions. Iupati has absolutely dominated defenders at the point of attack, and his ability to routinely put elite players on the ground is indicative of his supremacy. Furthermore, the former Vandal has shown outstanding footwork and movement skills to complement his impressive combination of strength and power. With Iupati showing off a dazzling blend of skills, some scouts have projected him as a right tackle.

So where is he projected right now? I want this guy.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hard to say; I'd say 1st round for sure, but I think he could go top 15.

Sounds like he struggled at tackle, but dominated at guard.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
If he can play tackle, and all signs say that he can, then he can be a top 10 pick.

moon #457864 01/27/10 07:06 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Peen...legit question. I am still pondering what I think about the kid. How fast is he? What do you think he will run at the combine/pro days?

Who knows??

It says 4.6-4.7...sounds about right. He is pretty fast for a guy his size, but speed isn't his thing....he's a qb......now ask me if he can run people over....yes, he can.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

McShay on ESPN this morning said that Tebow was 3 yrs away from playing/helping a team. He is that far behind its almost like taking a HS kid.

And you believe that???

No matter his shortcomings, he wouldn't be like selecting a HS player.

Be real.

I understand the guy needs work ......if you are going to make him something else. Take him for what he is and what he does, he's everything you want.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Mike Iupati, G, Idaho

So where is he projected right now? I want this guy.

KING

I like him as well.

I have never had a hang-up drafting interior players and just been hung up on tackles.

I don't know if he will play NFL tackle or not, but he will play guard at a pro bowl level.....and what's wrong with that??....I have asked that question a few times over the years and never received a good answer in return. It's usually you don't select guards that high and are better off waiting for later rounds.....not a good answer IMO.

I might not take him at 7.....but if we managed to trade down, I would start thinking about him at 12 or so.

It's hard for people to say you reached when you select a future all-pro.

You know....if we took him at 7 I wouldn't complain, just for that reason.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457867 01/27/10 07:34 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
This is getting a little bit ridiculous.

I've seen homerism. And then there is this.

I want to make it clear, Tim Tebow has a chance to be a successful QB in the NFL. His hard-work, character, and athletic abilities will give him a chance. But to guarantee a guy's success in the NFL is ludicrous. And then say that Tebow will change the way NFL football is played? I bet.

If Tim Tebow lost his left arm in an accident not only would Ballpeen still guarantee his success in the NFL. But he would guarantee that Tebow would still change the way the game is played because teams would want one-armed QB's.

You love Tim Tebow and he is one of the greatest college QB/players ever. We understand. But to guarantee he will change the way offense is played in the NFL? Stop it. Please. I'm begging you.

Ballpeen #457868 01/27/10 07:39 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would start thinking about Iupati around 10, but not as a tackle. Like you, I have never understood the hangup on drafting guards high. I bet a lot of teams wished they had jumped on Steve Hutchinson before the Seahawks.

Ballpeen #457869 01/27/10 07:52 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

And you believe that???

Be real.

I understand the guy needs work ......if you are going to make him something else. Take him for what he is and what he does, he's everything you want.

I agree that he wouldn't be like taking a HS player, but he wouldn't be everything you wanted either. Far from it.

Tebow has a pretty decent arm, but his delivery takes forever, and his accuracy is questionable at best. Also, we have no idea if he can read an NFL defense. He wasn't required to read a college defense very often and knew where the ball was going before the snap a majority of the time.

Tebow is a great athlete, and a good football player, but it remains to be seen if he can develop into a good to great quarterback. If he does, it is going to take a ton of work on his part and the part of the coaches who draft him.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I would start thinking about Iupati around 10, but not as a tackle. Like you, I have never understood the hangup on drafting guards high. I bet a lot of teams wished they had jumped on Steve Hutchinson before the Seahawks.

10-12....we agree. I just picked a number. It's not like I have a big board on the wall next to me, adjusting names on a hourly basis.

I have said many times I think up the middle pass protection is more important that outside protection, as long as the outside guy, if they are going to fudge, fudge to the inside.

Most QB's can adjust to outside pressure if their tackles can maintain a inside position by stepping up a step or two. The all of a sudden the tackle isn't beat anymore and is in ideal position.

If your front 3 continually break down and get pushed back or allow a breakaway, the QB is pretty much going to get creamed.

Give me great guards and a center with avg tackles over great tackles with avg interior guys any day of the week.

JMO

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457871 01/27/10 08:13 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know that I'm willing to go quite that far. Left tackle is far and away the most important line position. After that, it's probably center, right tackle, left guard, and then right guard.

cle23 #457872 01/27/10 08:27 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And you believe that???

Be real.

I agree that he wouldn't be like taking a HS player, but he wouldn't be everything you wanted either. Far from it.

Tebow has a pretty decent arm, but his delivery takes forever, and his accuracy is questionable at best. Also, we have no idea if he can read an NFL defense. He wasn't required to read a college defense very often and knew where the ball was going before the snap a majority of the time.

Tebow is a great athlete, and a good football player, but it remains to be seen if he can develop into a good to great quarterback. If he does, it is going to take a ton of work on his part and the part of the coaches who draft him.

I am not saying he is everything you want as a dropback QB.

I agree. He isn't.

I am saying play him for what he is and then, he is

I also disagree with the accuracy bit.

If you are going to say he is inaccurate having completed like 65% of his college throws, then you have to say almost every other qb who comes out is inaccurate.

Half of Tebows throws weren't spectacular, diving, one handed, over the shoulder catches.

he puts the ball where it needs to be.

Just a FYI.....he isn't inaccurate.

Yep, he drops his arm and the delivery is slow, you haven't heard me say otherwise, other than I think that is a bit over rated and not as big a problem as some think.......but inaccurate???

No. No truth in that statement.

Also....not read a defense??? Wrong. A spread option QB has to read the D every play. The whole O is based on reads.

This guy does this, you do that.

it's not like there was one run option or one pass option on every play.....there were 3-4.

Ponder this..he may have known where to deliver the ball, seemingly locked on because he saw it in his pre-snap read.

Quit trying to make it sound like he was some reject who when a play was called called was told where to throw.

You guys clearly don't understand the o and the reads it takes.

Once the ball is snapped, Peyton Manning has a pretty clear idea of where the ball is going based on his pre snap read..so is that locking on??

Peyton does a good job of looking off....a learned trait....some can, some can't.....you don't know if Tebow will be able to do that or not.

Neither do I, but I am not betting against it like so many seem to be.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #457873 01/27/10 08:32 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Making reads in the spread is not even close to making reads in an NFL offense. They aren't even close to being alike.

According to all reports, his accuracy has been awful in the Senior Bowl practices. And Quinn also completed over 60% of his college passes, but has he looked anything close to accurate? Don't use those useless stats.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Making reads in the spread is not even close to making reads in an NFL offense. They aren't even close to being alike.

According to all reports, his accuracy has been awful in the Senior Bowl practices. And Quinn also completed over 60% of his college passes, but has he looked anything close to accurate? Don't use those useless stats.

I have seen reports he is looking good.

I agree, the stats don't always tell the tale. So if I don't use those, what should I use other than my eyes, a crystal ball??

I have seen him play half a dozen times or more, as a season ticket holder.

I am not trying to be the homer here, but there seems to be a bias against the guy.....almost a morbid sense of wanting to see him fail, so if I am a bit defensive, I offer my apology.

I just don't get it, to be honest.

I agree, if you are looking for a classic NFL dropback QB....he sucks.

The problem with scouts is they are so accustomed to the cookie cutter, that half the time can't see the forest from the trees when a guy like this rolls around..much the way they missed it with Montana....(not trying to make that comparison other than scouts tend to pump out very similar reports....standing out from the crowd isn't a popular thing in that profession)

Bottom line, I think they are wrong.

Tebow is everything you want in a QB.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
NRTU

Per Scott Wright's Senior Bowl write-up @ Draft Countdown here is an updated list of the players we have met with and had "team observations".

Monday :
Taylor Mays - S - USC
Anthony Dixon - RB - Mississippi St
Jimmy Graham - TE - Miami FL
Zac Robinson - QB - Oklahoma St
Shay Hodge - WR - Ole Miss
Harry Coleman - S - LSU

Tuesday :
Zane Beadles - OG - Utah
Leigh Tiffin - K - Alabama
Mike Windt - LS - Cincinnati
Sam Young - OT - Notre Dame
Vladimir Ducasse - OT - Massachusetts
Ted Larsen - OC - N Carolina St
Cameron Sheffield - OLB - Troy
Jeff Byers - OG - USC
Geno Atkins - DT - Georgia

Some of Wright's reviews of the above players so far this week:

"Another guy I was really looking forward to seeing in person was Massachusetts OT Vlad Ducasse but I came away less than impressed. Early on I felt Ducasse looked a little heavy-footed in drills. Later he was easily beat by Brandon Graham on an inside move while playing left tackle and when he got some reps at guard D’Anthony Smith got the best of him on back-to-back reps. Ducasse appears to be the type who can dominate once he gets his hands on you and based on this practice I’d say there is a good chance his pro future will be inside at guard."

"Utah’s Zane Beadles, who saw action at center, guard and tackle, did not have a good day. At the outset I was actually pretty impressed by Beadels nimble feet and agility but that all changed once the defensive linemen came over. At times it looked as though Beadles was on roller skates as he repeatedly got pushed backwards and he was also caught lunging."

"Oklahoma State QB Zac Robinson was the most impressive quarterback on the South team today. Robinson struggled with the deep ball but his intermediate throws were sharp and accurate with tight spirals."

Sounds like a possible mid round, WCO QB possibility?

"Ole Miss WR Shay Hodge dropped one ball early but overall he had a strong showing. Hodge displayed the ability to snatch the ball out of the air away from his body and also went down to make a nice catch in 7-on-7’s."

Possession WCO type WR?

"The best way to describe Mississippi State RB Anthony Dixon is "A Bruiser"."

Sounds like the type of big RB we'd love to see as a compliment to Harrison/Davis.

"Physically USC S Taylor Mays is a man amongst boys. It’s shocking how much bigger he is compared to the other defensive backs. He truly does look like a linebacker out on the field. Mays drew a reaction from the crowd when he basically ran right through Andre Roberts on a play in the deep middle."

Would much prefer Eric Berry but considering our need at S we could do much worse than Mays.

"Alabama K Leigh Tiffin missed a couple of very easy kicks near the end of practice but quickly turned it around."

"The most impressive performance that I saw all day was turned in by Georgia DT Geno Atkins, who was basically unblockable. Atkins only weighed in at 286 pounds and that is a concern but there are also positives that come along with that lack of bulk. Atkins is extremely quick, firing off the snap, getting skinny through the line, splitting the double-team and exploding into the backfield. Atkins was absolutely blowing by offensive linemen and he could be a perfect fit as a three-technique in a 4-3 scheme at the next level."

"USC S Taylor Mays often gets criticized for not making enough big plays in the secondary but based on what I saw today his hands can’t be blamed for the lack of interceptions. Mays is a tad stiff and tends to rise out of his backpedal while transitioning but he appeared to have soft, natural hands."

"L.S.U. S Harry Coleman is very active around the line of scrimmage and at one point there was a big collision between him and Roy Upchurch in the hole."

"Miami (FL) TE Jimmy Graham showcased his leaping ability and ball skills today, although he will still drop some easy passes. One real positive in regards to Graham is that he seems to be eager to learn and is taking coaching well."

A TE project for Mangini to coach up?

Link

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Ballpeen #457876 01/27/10 09:26 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I haven't seen any reports that he is looking good. I have seen reports that he hasn't been as awful as he was Monday, but that's it.

Tebow has said that he's gonna be a pocket passer. He won't be, but he claims that's what he wants to be.

I have no bias against Tebow. But I don't think he is anywhere near up to snuff as a passer. If given the time, he can be a good player. I compare it to Vince Young. At first VY simply wasn't good throwing the ball. And his running ability wasn't strong enough to make him a good player. But now, 3 years later, his passing has improved enough to the point where he can win on a good team.

I think Tebow may be the same way. But I don't think he will ever be at th etop of the league.

GraffZ06 #457877 01/27/10 09:28 PM
Legend
Legend
Zac Robinson would be our Seneca Wallace

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Any thoughts on your Georgia boy Geno Atkins?

[Linked Image]

Ballpeen #457879 01/27/10 09:39 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Quote:

I am not trying to be the homer here, but there seems to be a bias against the guy.....almost a morbid sense of wanting to see him fail, so if I am a bit defensive, I offer my apology.

From who? Definitely not the NFL Network. All they have talked about during their Senior Bowl coverage is how great of a guy Tim Tebow is. Fans? Not really, the Senior Bowl has sold more tickets to practice than ever before. From people on message boards? No, not really. Most people aren't rooting for him to fail, they just don't think he has what it takes to succeed as an NFL QB.

Quote:

The problem with scouts is they are so accustomed to the cookie cutter, that half the time can't see the forest from the trees when a guy like this rolls around..much the way they missed it with Montana....(not trying to make that comparison other than scouts tend to pump out very similar reports....standing out from the crowd isn't a popular thing in that profession)

Alex Smith ran the same offense as Tebow did in the NFL. He went #1 overall. Vince Young ran the spread, he went #3 overall. No QB ever was like Mike Vick coming out of college, he went #1 overall. Sam Bradford runs the spread, he has the same questions marks as Tebow when it comes to running a pro style offense. He is considered one of the top two QB's in the draft.

NFL scouts got outside of the box all the time, especially when it comes to QB's. Everyone knows about Tebow's great character, leadership, and physical abilities. People are just aren't sure if his physical abilities translate to being a successful NFL QB.

Quote:

Bottom line, I think they are wrong.

At least you didn't guarantee it.

Quote:

Tebow is everything you want in a QB.

No he's not. This is fact.

He's never run a pro style offense. I want that. His release is slow. I don't want that. He has issues with his accuracy at times. I don't want that.

No QB coming into the NFL has everything you want in a QB.

Ballpeen #457880 01/27/10 09:40 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I am not trying to be the homer here, but there seems to be a bias against the guy.....

I'm sorry Peen but that is BS. You just keep saying the same stuff over and over again. I've stated why I don't think Tebow will be a good pro. You also refuse to listen to the guys on here or even the people who get PAID TO EVALUATE GUYS!! You say it's because "he beat my buckeyes!" You constantly try to take cheap shots like at me. I got over that a long time ago. I'm not like Muni who tried to make excuses. Also if winning, heart and determination makes you a great pro then why is Tyler Hansbrough not dominating the NBA right now? I understand it's completely different sports but they are very similar. Great leaders, passionate, dominated college, but the big flaw they both have is they won't translate well into the pros. I said I wouldn't have this debate with you again but that statement made me bust out laughing.

GraffZ06 #457881 01/27/10 10:54 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Any thoughts on your Georgia boy Geno Atkins?

I think he is overrated.. if any of the Georgia lineman were brought to the browns... I would prefer Kade Weston. His size is perfect.. 6'5.. 320 lbs.. He would be another reason to get rid of Rogers (not necessary), but Weston would help fill in for the old Smith and Coleman.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Sounds like he's getting raving reviews. I honestly don't know much about him other than what I've read in the last week. Unfortunately for us (at 286 lbs) he just doesn't have the size to be a 3-4 DE...and that seems too big to be a 3-4 OLB. He seems destined to end up in a 4-3 somewhere (as was stated in the original comment) but he must at least be on our radar since we sat him down.

I wonder if we think he can shed some pounds and play LB for us or if we think he can beef up and put his hand down?

On another note I'm loving the sound of RB - Anthony Dixon.
6'1 235 with a 4.60 forty. Big bruising runner. Terrific size and bulk --- Strong and powerful --- Nice balance --- Quick with a burst --- Shows some wiggle in the hole --- Can handle a heavy workload --- Adequate pass catcher --- Effective blocker --- Tough and will play through pain --- Productive --- Has a lot of quality experience.

Sounds like a perfect mid-round fit for us.

[Linked Image]

GraffZ06 #457883 01/27/10 11:26 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We took a look at four more guys today:

Kurt Coleman - S - Ohio St
Thomas Welch - OT - Vanderbilt
Cam Thomas - DT - North Carolina
Riley Cooper - WR - Florida

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Senior Bowl...

Link Copied to Clipboard