Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
From that article:

Quote:

Now I'm by no means an expert on the workings of restricted free agency. It's a new animal for most and learning the rules of it is going to be a process, so I'm not sure if Weaver has the right to reject an offer sheet and stay in Philly, or if he doesn't have a say in the matter.

A player can refuse to sign an offer sheet. It's free agency, not a draft.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 03/08/10 03:36 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A

Rams | Robbins signs
Comment (0)
Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:40:40 -0800

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the St. Louis Rams signed free-agent DL Fred Robbins (Giants) to a three-year deal worth up to $12 million Monday, March 8.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hcFZI5xb

With all the DL guys the RAMS have invested in recently via the draft and FA this year.. I'd place money on them taking Bradford at ONE.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Steelers also signed Arnaz Battle . . .

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4976203&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Sources: Allen, Battle to join Steelers

ESPN.com news services

Free agent safety Will Allen and wide receiver Arnaz Battle have agreed with the Pittsburgh Steelers on three-year deals, according to sources.

Both players have links to the Steelers' coaching staff. Allen spent the past six seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he once worked with current Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. And former San Francisco 49ers special teams coach Al Everett, now Pittsburgh's special teams coach, recommended Battle to Tomlin.

Terms of Battle's contract weren't immediately available, but he is expected to help the Steelers as a backup wide receiver and offer help on special teams. He started 38 games for the 49ers from 2005 through 2007 and caught 141 passes during that span.

With Allen ready to join the Steelers, it now looks likely that free agent safety Ryan Clark will depart. Clark was visiting the Miami Dolphins on Monday.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton contributed to this report.

Legend
Legend
Dang, another good Buckeye down the toilet,....

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

The 39th pick for a fullback? Are you kidding me? The only way I can fathom giving the 39th pick for a fullback is if we intended for him to become our #1 RB.

The guy isn't a normal FB - my guess is that he'd have been a big back replacement for Jamal. He rushes well, cacths very well, and obviously can block. He was the guy Seattle should have never let go, the perfect WCO FB. That being said, he'd not have been worth #39 overall.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I love Vickers, but Weaver would have been an upgrade IMO. Not that Vickers needs upgraded, but Weaver is a great recieving and running FB. Vickers was a good short yardage guy in college, but has not been that great in the pros. Vickers also is a decent reciever, but nothing like Weaver IMO.

Anyway, I hope Vickers stays for a long time, he is hands down one of my favorite Browns.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have to disagree... for whatever reason we NEVER capitalize on our players talents, especially in regards to the offense..

example 1: Jerome Harrison.. How long did it take for him to get a full game in?
example 2: Lawrence Vickers.. The guy was a RB in college... why aren't we using him how the Ravens use McClain? STUPID IMO. He could easily be our bruiser / FB... no questions asked.
I could keep going on with examples with players like Cribbs, Robiskie.. but i'm tired of it..

We have talented players on this team.. but we don't use them.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Why is it that people think that Holmgren is going to coach anyone. He's the president of the team,, he hires guys to do the coaching.. LOL

Daman, you don't think Mike Holmgren will talk to the lad? At all? Maybe offer some perspectives on the position? Kinda like a psychiatrist, not a coach.

Where did I mention coaching?

You jumped the gun dude!

Legend
Legend
j/c

For some reason, this made me laugh. How much did the Redskins pay him?

www.KFFL.com

Steelers | Randle El signed
Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:01:47 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Antwaan Randle El (Redskins) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
omg.. not this guy again!!

Here come the trick plays again.

B
Rookie
Rookie
B
I expect we will be hearing some QB news soon!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Adam_Schefter knows all.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Adam_Schefter knows all.

Welcome Seneca Wallace.

you had a good run Hank.
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

Holmgren acquires Seneca Wallace
Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2010 8:18 PM ET
Though he's likely not the long-term answer at the quarterback position, veteran Seneca Wallace is now a member of the Browns.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Browns have struck a deal with the Seahawks for Wallace, who was drafted in 2003 when Cleveland president Mike Holmgren served as head coach in Seattle.

Other terms of the deal are not yet known.

The move means that one of the two top quarterback on the depth chart from 2009 -- Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson -- undoubtedly will be gone, sooner rather than later. At worst, Wallace will surely be No. 2 on the depth chart.

He also provides an intriguing Wildcat option, especially with Josh Cribbs on the team. Together they could be a Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams-type combination.

Legend
Legend
I have to think we signed him as a backup and complement to the offense, not as a starting QB. If we did sign him as our starter, I will be disappointed...unless someone can convince me that he's starting quality.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

I have to think we signed him as a backup and complement to the offense, not as a starting QB. If we did sign him as our starter, I will be disappointed...unless someone can convince me that he's starting quality.

Here it goes:

Seneca Wallace isn't going to blow the doors off CBS, but he'll be exactly what we are looking for, a vet who knows the offense and can move the ball. Every time he has been given the chance to play QB, he's done reasonably well. In 2008, he threw 11 TDs and 3 INTS with a 58% QB completion in 8 starts. In 09, he did, once again, reasonable well in two starts.

He's better than both DA and Quinn. Not to mention, this makes our Wildcat out of this world because Seneca can run like the wind. I don't want to make this comparison because it is very lofty, but he reminds me of Randell Cunningham.

you had a good run Hank.
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Let's see at Green Bay Holmgren was part of a FO that traded for Brett Farve and in Seattle he traded for Matt Hasselbeck...does that make you feel better?

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
why is Antonio Bryant visiting the Bengals, and so it TO.. wow..

The Ravens have Boldin..
Bengals have Ocho and potenially TO and AB.
Steelers have Ward and Holmes...

WE have MoMass and Robo.. wow. It's just getting tougher and tougher..

Please Mr. Berry.. Come to Cleveland..Fall to #7.

Legend
Legend
Yes, but the Bengals depend solely on Palmer. If he struggles, they struggle...big time.

We saw last season how we can get to Big Ben, which affects that game.

And if we can get to Flacco, that'll help a lot.

I know, Captain Obvious. But it's true.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Don't forget the Steelers also have Mike Wallace who looks like he could be a pretty good receiver in the future, and he's definately a burner.

W
2nd String
2nd String
W
I wouldn't mind us getting Bryant. He can spread the field, and we need that. We Definitely will need more DB help this season with our division getting all these wide receivers. JMHO Go Brownies!!!

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
Legend
Legend
The Oakland Raiders have released wide receiver Javon Walker and defensive end Greg Ellis.

The team announced the moves on its Web site on Monday. Walker was a big disappointment after signing a $55 million free-agent contract with an $11 million signing bonus before the 2008 season. He caught 15 passes for 196 yards and one touchdown in two injury-plagued seasons in Oakland.

Walker restructured the deal last year and will be paid $2.6 million this season despite his release.

Ellis signed a two-year contract with Oakland last June. He was tied for the team lead with seven sacks last season despite dealing with knee problems. He was due $2.5 million next season.

-- The Associated Press
web page

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Hopefully no thinks we should get either of these guys. Then again, some people want Jake Delhomme.

R
Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Quote:

why is Antonio Bryant visiting the Bengals, and so it TO.. wow..

The Ravens have Boldin..
Bengals have Ocho and potenially TO and AB.
Steelers have Ward and Holmes...

WE have MoMass and Robo.. wow. It's just getting tougher and tougher..

Please Mr. Berry.. Come to Cleveland..Fall to #7.

My friend and I were discussing this earlier today. The Browns desperately need a go to guy who can stretch the field.

I shudder just thinking about BMac lining up opposite TO this season.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not that he would stretch the field but I would like to know what Chicago is asking for Olsen. I know they put him on the trade block a little while ago. I know we have Ben coming in for a visit but if we could get Olsen for a fair deal i'd like to explore that route, could be another receiving option.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Kansas City signed running back Thomas Jones to a two-year deal worth $5 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

ESPN.com

Legend
Legend
good.. i dont want him.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Me either. I'm glad both him and Carr signed, I didn't want to go anywhere near either of them.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Not that he would stretch the field but I would like to know what Chicago is asking for Olsen. I know they put him on the trade block a little while ago. I know we have Ben coming in for a visit but if we could get Olsen for a fair deal i'd like to explore that route, could be another receiving option.

I agree. With Martz running the offense in the windy city now, he'll be underutilized there, expecially with Manamaleuna (sp?) just signing a long term deal there. I'd offer our 2nd 3rd round pick.

Legend
Legend
www.KFFL.com

Redskins | M. Kemoeatu signed
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:00:33 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports via Twitter that the Washington Redskins have signed free-agent DL Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Panthers) to a two-year, $7 million deal.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

According to JOCKlife.com, a web site that shares an office with the agent of receiver Antonio Bryant, the veteran wideout has signed what is believed to be a four-year deal with the Bengals.

Pro Football Talk

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
ESPN says the same. Great talent AND a Bengal-like attitude. Would have picked him over T.O. easily . . .

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982988

Updated: March 10, 2010, 3:20 PM ET

Agent: Bryant, Bengals agree to deal

ESPN.com news services

Wide receiver Antonio Bryant has agreed to four-year deal with Cincinnati Bengals, his agent, Patrick Brougham, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Bryant's contract is worth $28 million, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. With incentives, he could make as much as $29 million.

Cincinnati's addition of Bryant considerably lessens the possibility that the Bengals will sign Terrell Owens.

Receiver Chad Ochocinco has been lobbying for the Bengals to sign Owens since the end of last season, when the Bengals' passing game lacked a deep threat.

"There's always been the speculation and perception out there [about coming to Cincinnati] and Chad kick-started it and lobbied to have me here as a teammate and I welcome it with open arms," Owens, who made a visit to the Bengals, told the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Bryant had career highs with 83 catches for 1,248 yards and seven touchdowns in 2008 with Tampa Bay. He needed surgery for torn cartilage in his left knee during training camp last year, and was bothered by pain in the knee all season. He finished with 39 catches for 600 yards and four touchdowns.

Cincinnati needs at least one proven receiver after releasing Laveranues Coles, who lasted only one season with the Bengals. Receiver Matt Jones, who was out of the NFL last season after Jacksonville released him for off-field problems, has signed a one-year deal with the Bengals.

The Bengals went 10-6 and won the AFC North last season by relying on their defense and their running game. They lost to the New York Jets in their first playoff game since 2005, struggling to move the ball.

Owens, a six-time Pro Bowl receiver, had 69 catches for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns with Dallas in 2008, and dropped off to 55 catches for 829 yards with five touchdowns last season in Buffalo.

Cincinnati's passing offense finished 26th in the league last season even though quarterback Carson Palmer was back from an elbow injury. The Bengals didn't have a reliable third-down receiver -- T.J. Houshmandzadeh left as a free agent for Seattle before last season -- and Coles failed to blend into the offense.

The Bengals also lacked a deep threat after Chris Henry got hurt. Henry later died in a fall from a truck during a domestic dispute.

Getting a receiver and a tight end are among the team's top priorities in free agency and the draft.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

C
Legend
Legend
C
JOCKlife.com is a way more reliable source than ESPN.com.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Well we have that settled now . . .

Legend
Legend
Bryant and Ocho are a pretty good tandem. Throw in Caldwell and they've got a pretty good WR corps.

The question mark is Carson Palmer.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So this means the AFC North has added Boldin, Bryant, and Randle El ---- all before the draft.

Wow, do we need a CB and two safeties...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Randel El is not even close to being in the same class as the other two guys you mentioned. He's mostly a special teamer.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Randel El is not even close to being in the same class as the other two guys you mentioned. He's mostly a special teamer.

And trick play guy.

Boldin while I think he is amazing run after the catch guy I don't think it's big as a deal as people are making it out. He is the best #2 in league however, I don't know if is a top 10 #1 WR. With Fitz he was always getting covered by the 2nd CB now he will go against #1 corners. Also Boldin doesn't have break away speed so while I think they got him for a great price they really need someone who can stretch the field to open up the middle for Boldin.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Also Boldin doesn't have break away speed so while I think they got him for a great price they really need someone who can stretch the field to open up the middle for Boldin.

Someone like...Donte Stallworth.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Someone like...Donte Stallworth.

Yeah except three things:
1) Stallworth will pull a hammy and be injured...He played in like 3 games the year he was allowed to play
2) Has all the speed in the world but has inconsistent hands.
3) We cut him for a reason and we need WR's.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency Transactions thread

Link Copied to Clipboard